AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series

Notices

Old 2011-10-16, 17:25   Link #301
Anh_Minh
I disagree with you all.

Quote:
Originally Posted by mtarzaim View Post
I don't think it's related to you-know-what.
It's just a censor for the TV edit. A fancy way to deal with gore material.
They will replace it with drops of blood falling all over in the DVD release...
...maybe.
If they didn't want to show blood spurts (which I find quite understandable) they could have just shown that the arms had disappeared bloodlessly. I'd have been fine with that.
Anh_Minh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-10-16, 20:10   Link #302
orion
Waiting for more taiyuki!

Quote:
Originally Posted by mtarzaim View Post
I don't think it's related to you-know-what.
It's just a censor for the TV edit. A fancy way to deal with gore material.
They will replace it with drops of blood falling all over in the DVD release...
...maybe.
Prob not. That was too fancy to be a censor plus the official subs supports the animation. It's actual content. And showing arms getting ripped off and blood would elevate this to TV-MA in the US. Not happening imo as its too colorful. This is a 13+ title imo.
Old 2011-10-16, 21:36   Link #303
ZODDGUTS

There going to need make alot of changes in the latest arc that recently ended in the manga.
ZODDGUTS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-10-16, 21:44   Link #304
Archon_Wing
On a mission
*Author

Send a message via MSN to Archon_Wing
Haha, the whole laxative thing was funny. I like how they displayed both Gon and Killua's different ways of dealing with it.

This is definitely a keeper-- really cool characters; I'd expect no less from the author.

Avatar/Sig courtesy of TheEroKing
Guild Wars 2 SN: ArchonWing.9480
MyAnimeList || Reviews
Archon_Wing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-10-16, 23:29   Link #305
frubam
simp for Lyria

Send a message via AIM to frubam
I liked how they handled Hisoka's entrance =03. If this was youtube, I'd make a "Thumbs up if you got excited why you saw Hisoka screw that random guy over", which would get a bunch of thumbs-up. A few things different from the orig anime, but certainly more consistent(the computer guy is a good example).

As far as the flowers thing, I don't think it's a big deal; I mean, he IS a magician. I can't see it being no different than "transforming" a person into an animal; it's supposed to be a magic trick.
frubam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-10-17, 00:57   Link #306
Gooral
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Archon_Wing View Post
Haha, the whole laxative thing was funny. I like how they displayed both Gon and Killua's different ways of dealing with it.

This is definitely a keeper-- really cool characters; I'd expect no less from the author.
I'll try commenting on episodes 2 and 3 in more detail later but I'll address this now. In the old anime I think they did better by not including that scene since it has revealed Tonpa's true colors immediately and instead of being really surprised later we've all been spoiled. Although it's good that new anime is including scenes that weren't covered earlier I think it will be one of the few that will be added. One of the fights of Hisoka was also censored and cut in the old anime (which wasn't as kids-friendly as this one) and I really doubt they will show more in the new one. So far:
old anime > manga > new anime.

And Hisoka's and Killua's seiyuu suck. Ichijou from Kaiji is being cast to every major role nowadays it seems (Fate/Zero + HxH) and while he's not bad he's far from getting close to Hiroki Takahashi.
Gooral is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-10-17, 01:21   Link #307
frubam
simp for Lyria

Send a message via AIM to frubam
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gooral View Post
And Hisoka's and Killua's seiyuu suck. Ichijou from Kaiji is being cast to every major role nowadays it seems (Fate/Zero + HxH) and while he's not bad he's far from getting close to Hiroki Takahashi.
Def agree here. His new voice just doesn't have that aura(har har) of unpredictableness or...how to put it... a malevolent silliness that the original had. It's like going from Mark Hamill's Joker to John's Dimaggio's Joker. Sure, John's is good, but it lacks what made the Joker good.
frubam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-10-17, 09:56   Link #308
Toto y Moi
Amor Fati

Episode 3 Comparison:
Spoiler for Hunter x Hunter episode 3 comparison:
Toto y Moi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-10-17, 12:55   Link #309
Shiroth
Beautiful fighter.

Keep up the good work Toto y Moi. It's certainly ineresting checking out the comparisons back to back.
Old 2011-10-18, 03:33   Link #310
-Sho-
~Omedetô~

They did a good job for ep 3. Well , there's still a "censorship" but this one is better than before. So it's a good thing. Still need blood after.
Another things , they introduced Tonpa very well , faithful to the manga. Same for Kirua & the first examinator.

But i'm looking for more Hisoka's voice , currently i prefer the first.
And i don't like all the colors , HxH is darker.

Otherwise , hope they'll do great for after , one of my best part. And GI's look.
-Sho- is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-10-19, 04:26   Link #311
ZODDGUTS

HxH TV ratings so far:

Ep 1: 4.4%
Ep 2: 3.8%
Ep 3: 4.0%

HxH seems to be doing good. It had a bit of a drop from 4.4(1st ep) to 3.8 in the 2nd ep. But it's gone back up to 4.0 for the 3rd ep. With those ratings the series may go on for quite awhile. It's doing better all recent Shonen Jump anime adaptations except for that one ep Beelzebub recently got 3.9 which beat ep 2 HxH, Madhouse should be happy with the ratings HxH is getting right now.
ZODDGUTS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-10-19, 15:12   Link #312
Tsukou

Quote:
As a serenity/firefly fanatic myself, I must agree wholeheartedly.

Damn.. a good Hisoka woulda let most of my nitpickings disappear, maybe he'll do better later, especially with his laugh, but for now, so sad.. I just imagined his voice much more whimsical, yet filled with madness. His voice now just seemed like your everyday killer, which he is far from. And the little guitar music in his introduction, I dono, maybe it'll grow on me, but just didn't fit too well.

HxH broke away from the mold of typical shonens, by taking expectations, and turning them on their head and especially in the Anime the voices play a big role on your impressions on those characters. Just disappointing.

They also talk about the atmosphere and the people there being completely different. But it's all so brightly lit.. I'm harsh, but, oh well. I don't have my hopes that it'll get much better, seeing as how I loved the manga and original anime, but will still stick with it.

Last edited by Tsukou; 2011-10-19 at 15:25.
Tsukou is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-10-20, 04:11   Link #313
rinichan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Toto y Moi View Post
Episode 3 Comparison:
Spoiler for Hunter x Hunter episode 3 comparison:
this is the best review ever, not that I dont like the other reviews always complaining, but this review brings justice , and the most important thin it has evidence. Evidence are presented now they cant deny it.

now just realize that the flower thingy is kinda canon now, that Togashi is supervising...

Last edited by rinichan; 2011-10-20 at 06:40. Reason: forget something, and i dont want to double post...
rinichan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-10-20, 07:02   Link #314
chikkychappy

Quote:
Originally Posted by rinichan View Post
now just realize that the flower thingy is kinda canon now, that Togashi is supervising...
has this ever been confirmed?
chikkychappy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-10-21, 06:17   Link #315
rinichan

I dont know cant found any link yet, its a circling rumor I supposed.
edit
its not a rumor anymore , it may have been true.
http://yaraon.blog109.fc2.com/blog-entry-3499.html

Last edited by rinichan; 2011-10-21 at 06:59.
rinichan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-10-21, 11:40   Link #316
Lilith
Your average fangirl

Ep 3
Hisokaaa~ I can't believe Daisuke Namikawa (Fai, Prince Baka) is voicing him! I don't mind a new version with deep voice and red hair. Killua on the other hand... I'm really attached to his aloof attitude and past VA, not this cheerful one.

Also, I dislike the BGM. I preferred the 1999 one (different interpretion of Kaze to Uta melody). >_<;;

But I still love HxH!! he sotry is just so good.
Old 2011-10-21, 11:49   Link #317
Vicious108

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lilith View Post
Ep 3
Killua on the other hand... I'm really attached to his aloof attitude and past VA, not this cheerful one.
As Toto y Moi showed in his comparison review, that's something to be chalked up to the first anime's portrayal of Killua's character in the initial stages of the Hunter Exam, rather than the voice actors' performances. Mariya Ise is perfectly capable of sounding aloof, but that's not what the character originally acted like in the manga.
Vicious108 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-10-21, 16:47   Link #318
Shiroth
Beautiful fighter.

Quote:
Originally Posted by rinichan View Post
its not a rumor anymore , it may have been true.
http://yaraon.blog109.fc2.com/blog-entry-3499.html
Translation please regarding Togashi being the supervisor?
Old 2011-10-21, 22:04   Link #319
Goty

Send a message via ICQ to Goty
Quote:
Yeah, i think Namikawa is a great VA and i don't even mind if he's everywhere these days...the problem is that Takahashi set the bar just too high. His Hisoka is one of, if not the best voice acting i've heard in anime, it's hard not to miss him.
Goty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-10-22, 13:23   Link #320
Vicious108

Speaking of the new cast, it seems Aya Hirano will join the crew as Menchi. Along with Masaya Matsukaze as "Gittarackur".
Source: http://www.animenewsnetwork.com/inte...sukaze-to-cast

Both sound like good picks to me. Plus I think the latter is criminally underexposed so it's nice to see him landing a decently prominent role.
Vicious108 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
action, shounen