AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired M-Z > Umineko

Notices

View Poll Results: Umineko no Naku Koro ni - Episode 25 Rating
Perfect 10 30 21.28%
9 out of 10 : Excellent 30 21.28%
8 out of 10 : Very Good 22 15.60%
7 out of 10 : Good 24 17.02%
6 out of 10 : Average 7 4.96%
5 out of 10 : Below Average 4 2.84%
4 out of 10 : Poor 5 3.55%
3 out of 10 : Bad 5 3.55%
2 out of 10 : Very Bad 1 0.71%
1 out of 10 : Painful 13 9.22%
Voters: 141. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old 2009-12-18, 17:02   Link #141
immblueversion

Quote:
Originally Posted by AudriSampson View Post
I havent played the VN so I cant compare it to that.. For me this episode was finally some understanding of the cute redhead that gets picked on and beats up goats. With the anime veiwers we havent had that much on Ange to even find a reason to like her.. I dont mind sacrificing an episode to see a character that seems to be so important to the series.

And on top of all that fun I got to see my favorite Redhead of the series having some fun...

Im not really looking forward to next week since that will be the end
And as long as there are rumors or a confirmation that they won't adapt Umineko Chiru as the second season due to poor DVD sales, it's almost depressing for me.

And this is coming from someone who DID play the VN.
Old 2009-12-18, 18:44   Link #142
matteas
Member Member

This episode was quite good and I liked it. Yet I was furious at the same time, because it became more than obvious that the last episode will make all of us who have read the VN go berserk. It'll be extremely fast-paced and bereft of any emotions, there's no doubt about it. Screw you, Chiaki Kon! へそ噛んで死んじゃえば?
Old 2009-12-18, 19:20   Link #143
immblueversion

Quote:
Originally Posted by matteas View Post
This episode was quite good and I liked it. Yet I was furious at the same time, because it became more than obvious that the last episode will make all of us who have read the VN go berserk. It'll be extremely fast-paced and bereft of any emotions, there's no doubt about it. Screw you, Chiaki Kon! へそ噛んで死んじゃえば?
Then it's decided:

For an Umineko Chiru anime adaptation to work, Chikai's must not be involved in any way whatsoever. It must be directed by one who knows the best way to do it given what is available.
Old 2009-12-18, 19:48   Link #144
Ronove

Quote:
Originally Posted by immblueversion View Post
Then it's decided:

For an Umineko Chiru anime adaptation to work, Chikai's must not be involved in any way whatsoever. It must be directed by one who knows the best way to do it given what is available.
Wonderful? Personally, I'm not really into whoever directs (until now anyways). I usually never took part into the whole techincal process, but now I do!
Although, we should at least be happy ONE studio manage to reenact the Umineko Series, although it's a bit crappy.

However! This episode brought more plot and question of the existence of Rokkenjima. Rokkenjima is truly a Scrognier's Cat (Or something). Anything can happen. Anythign can occur. This "Anything", meaning "Beatrice", killed everyone.

Although, the preview of episode 26 seems to show tons of feeling. I doubt the

Spoiler:

would last long though.
Has anyone realized the rushness of the episodes show that there's NO change of backround to represent Red and Blue Truth?
Old 2009-12-18, 19:54   Link #145
Shamisen
Talking Cat

Who says this episode wasn't important? Agreed, it's not that great but it seems like it could be important. Ange realized how magic works. I'd say that's pretty big, wouldn't you? Among a few other things too.
Old 2009-12-18, 20:03   Link #146
Ronove

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shamisen View Post
Who says this episode wasn't important? Agreed, it's not that great but it seems like it could be important. Ange realized how magic works. I'd say that's pretty big, wouldn't you? Among a few other things too.
Of course this episode is very important. It shows the potential of the massacre, ideas, and soups up the mystery. Although, I'm guessing the VN Fans would prefer to see more BeatricexBattler action and since it shows more of the mystery as well.

Pukukukukukukuu.
Old 2009-12-18, 20:05   Link #147
CainSonozaki

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ronove View Post
Wonderful? Personally, I'm not really into whoever directs (until now anyways). I usually never took part into the whole techincal process, but now I do!
Although, we should at least be happy ONE studio manage to reenact the Umineko Series, although it's a bit crappy.

However! This episode brought more plot and question of the existence of Rokkenjima. Rokkenjima is truly a Scrognier's Cat (Or something). Anything can happen. Anythign can occur. This "Anything", meaning "Beatrice", killed everyone.

Although, the preview of episode 26 seems to show tons of feeling. I doubt the

Spoiler:

would last long though.
Has anyone realized the rushness of the episodes show that there's NO change of backround to represent Red and Blue Truth?
Spoiler:
Old 2009-12-18, 20:46   Link #148
Shamisen
Talking Cat

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ronove View Post
Of course this episode is very important. It shows the potential of the massacre, ideas, and soups up the mystery. Although, I'm guessing the VN Fans would prefer to see more BeatricexBattler action and since it shows more of the mystery as well.

Pukukukukukukuu.
Well, I still very much prefer the VN.
Old 2009-12-19, 00:30   Link #149
Isekaijin

Quote:
Originally Posted by immblueversion View Post
Then it's decided:

Say it in red! Say it in red!

Ejem, sorry.

Ryukishi is saying what Deen should and shouldn't ignore, right? Was the scene with Ange that important to rush the ending?

I'm utterly dissapointed with episode 24, and the slow pace in this one prevented me from fully enjoying the stakes gouging the gangsters.

I've got now only one thing to say. I don't care about the tea party or the witch tea party for that matters. That weak excuse of blue truth pretty much ruined the fight between Beato and Battler. I only want Ange's crowning moment of awesome well done. That's all I'm asking for, Deen.
Old 2009-12-19, 02:17   Link #150
Marion
The Great Dine

Spoiler for Review:
Old 2009-12-19, 02:57   Link #151
nchan

Please tell me, we still have 25 episodes to go. I don't want this anime to end. It just too good.
Old 2009-12-19, 03:17   Link #152
Marion
The Great Dine

Quote:
Originally Posted by nchan View Post
Please tell me, we still have 25 episodes to go. I don't want this anime to end. It just too good.
Sadly I doubt an animation of Chiru at this point. Maybe with an increase in dvd sales (Note 3 is coming out on Wednesday and it holds the last episode of EP 1 and the first episode of EP 2) but the first season will be over on the 23rd.

A good christmas present would be a good final episode, but I doubt it
Old 2009-12-19, 06:50   Link #153
Crontica

This episode was a travesty.
While the pace of this episode was brilliant, it just wasn't worth ruining the finale over.

The island scene and massacre scene could have easily been cut down to 10 minutes.
Old 2009-12-19, 07:03   Link #154
matteas
Member Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marion View Post
Sadly I doubt an animation of Chiru at this point.
A good christmas present would be a good final episode, but I doubt it
I dare say it in red: "There's no way we will be pleased by the last episode."
Really, the last Battler x Beato scene needs more than half an episode to be good and include everything important. And I don't think it's exaggerated to say that everything in the final scene is important. Even the pauses to build up the emotions. However, in case that half the last episode is devoted solely to the last scene, the rest of the Tea Party will be seriously cut and that's no good, either, as there are a lot of important facts and it provides a big help to understand what happened and what we can be sure about.

I almost forgot, there's still one extremely important scene that has been left out up to now. And there's no way of justifying leaving THAT one out. Without that scene, the following action wouldn't make much sense because it would be deprived of the necessary trigger.

EDIT: I deny what I said. One whole episode would be necessary to make a good last battle in the rose garden, a battle that would include everything. The red, the blue, the emotions, and the important facts.

Last edited by matteas; 2009-12-19 at 07:31.
Old 2009-12-19, 07:08   Link #155
Klashikari
阿賀野型3番艦、矢矧 Lv180
*Graphic Designer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Isekaijin View Post
Ryukishi is saying what Deen should and shouldn't ignore, right? Was the scene with Ange that important to rush the ending
The more we went through the anime, the least that claim makes sense.
While it is true that Ryukishi might have been present for some points in the anime, the glaring differences and mistakes in the adaptation don't make any sense, and are really close to the very same blunders done in Higurashi adaptation (which was done loosely with Chiaki's fancies it seems).

After so many episodes, we can be sure that Ryukishi basically told them the headlines of what to keep, then the scripters just hacked through the details and the untold scenes.

That being said, yes, Ange VS Kasumi scene is one of the most important scenes of Episode 4, as it has a lot of hints and a good focus on the whole "without love, it cannot be seen" message that spanned over the series, but more precisely in Episode 4. That and being a sheer rollercoaster of emotions (which was helped a lot with "dive to emergency")
That being said, that scene was obviously dragged, and it could have been shortened without losing any subtle element.
It is actually one of my favorite scenes in the whole franchise, yet I really think they dragged it way too much.
Old 2009-12-19, 09:05   Link #156
Crontica

If from the beginning Umineko was an hour long on each episode would it have made a difference?
The level of what this anime has turned out to be so far is plain unacceptable.
Old 2009-12-19, 10:12   Link #157
maximilianjenus
[E]

The only miracle that can happen now is having Episode 26 (since 27 will not exist) last more than 20 minutes; while they do that sometimes in dramas, I don't remember that happening for an anime.
Old 2009-12-19, 10:32   Link #158
KanonTheFurniture
Witch's Golden Breaker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Klashikari View Post
While it is true that Ryukishi might have been present for some points in the anime, the glaring differences and mistakes in the adaptation don't make any sense, and are really close to the very same blunders done in Higurashi adaptation (which was done loosely with Chiaki's fancies it seems).

After so many episodes, we can be sure that Ryukishi basically told them the headlines of what to keep, then the scripters just hacked through the details and the untold scenes.
You know, my friend and I were just talking about this claim of 'Ryukishi is supervising the Anime' the other day, and he was telling me about a similar claim having been made for the remake of The Fog...

Spoiler for chat snippet:

It's possible that he was just involved enough for them to make that claim (supposing it's true at all; I know it's been a rumor floating around these boards since the Anime began but I have no idea where it originated), but really had very little creative control. And yeah, seeing how things have progressed, it seems like a lie...EP3 must have just gotten off lucky.

That said, like I mentioned in another thread, I'd rather they make most of their cuts next week in the red/blue battle, to be honest. We're screwed no matter what, but the Anime has already had Critical Red Loss and Anime-only viewers really don't have a chance at solving the mystery with the clues presented to them...if we lose some of the other truths, then so be it. I'd much rather that than have them try to cram it all in and lose all emotion and character development. Ange and Beatrice really need that development, and so I seriously hope that their respective scenes are the least butchered...I'd much rather lose the mystery angle since, let's face it, that's already pretty much gone. Character Development > Facts.

We can still pray for a 45 minute-hour long extended episode 26, but...I'm not sure even Bernkastel could grant us such a miracle.
Old 2009-12-19, 11:29   Link #159
maximilianjenus
[E]

yah, I was being VERY hopeful, actually cutting that battle is the best way to go, since they have already cut most of those battles anyway.
Old 2009-12-19, 11:30   Link #160
MeoTwister5
Komrades of Kitamura Kou

Quote:
Originally Posted by KanonTheFurniture View Post
You know, my friend and I were just talking about this claim of 'Ryukishi is supervising the Anime' the other day, and he was telling me about a similar claim having been made for the remake of The Fog...

Spoiler for chat snippet:

It's possible that he was just involved enough for them to make that claim (supposing it's true at all; I know it's been a rumor floating around these boards since the Anime began but I have no idea where it originated), but really had very little creative control. And yeah, seeing how things have progressed, it seems like a lie...EP3 must have just gotten off lucky.

That said, like I mentioned in another thread, I'd rather they make most of their cuts next week in the red/blue battle, to be honest. We're screwed no matter what, but the Anime has already had Critical Red Loss and Anime-only viewers really don't have a chance at solving the mystery with the clues presented to them...if we lose some of the other truths, then so be it. I'd much rather that than have them try to cram it all in and lose all emotion and character development. Ange and Beatrice really need that development, and so I seriously hope that their respective scenes are the least butchered...I'd much rather lose the mystery angle since, let's face it, that's already pretty much gone. Character Development > Facts.

We can still pray for a 45 minute-hour long extended episode 26, but...I'm not sure even Bernkastel could grant us such a miracle.
Possible as long as the chances aren't 0%.
Closed Thread