AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired M-Z > Nanoha/Vivid Franchise

Notices

View Poll Results: Nanoha - StrikerS - Episode 22 Rating
Perfect 10 7 16.28%
9 out of 10 : Excellent 12 27.91%
8 out of 10 : Very Good 13 30.23%
7 out of 10 : Good 9 20.93%
6 out of 10 : Average 1 2.33%
5 out of 10 : Below Average 1 2.33%
4 out of 10 : Poor 0 0%
3 out of 10 : Bad 0 0%
2 out of 10 : Very Bad 0 0%
1 out of 10 : Painful 0 0%
Voters: 43. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old 2007-08-26, 12:16   Link #41
aers
*Fansubber

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aaron008R View Post
By the way, o those who've watched, how're the others fairing?

Spoiler for 22:
Old 2007-08-26, 12:17   Link #42
Gearhead
Metroid of Humor

Quote:
Ah... Ok. That sounds reasonable. Maybe he was tasked to disable.
Most police forces are going to use lethal force only as a last resort. And considering the recent reveal that it's actually easier for a mage to create a spell that deals out subdual damage than it is something that fries with physical energy (Remember the Mana Conversion Affinity bit?) it makes SENSE.
Old 2007-08-26, 12:18   Link #43
Nightengale
~Night of Gales~
*Author

Hohoho, Zafira's finally getting some substantial talk time, and is hopefully going to show why he's the Shielding Guardian Beast. Vice too is implied, but unless there's they're going to be healed properly, I can't see them actually making it there in good time, while still being remotely helpful.

Zafira's pretty badly injured but he can move though it does look like he's only good for being a meatbag in his condition, and looks like Vice needs a clutch if he wants to walk, and one arm is in cast.

The sleeping lion shall awaken beyond the depths of time, crossing ten billion lights, come to Terra.
Old 2007-08-26, 12:20   Link #44
Aaron008R

Quote:
Originally Posted by aers View Post
Spoiler for 22:
Thanks.

Spoiler for spoiler:

OC Profiles
Yagami Hayate: ver. GenerationS; Part 1, Part 2
Old 2007-08-26, 12:20   Link #45
Gearhead
Metroid of Humor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nightengale View Post
Zafira's pretty badly injured but he can move though it does look like he's only good for being a meatbag in his condition, and looks like Vice needs a clutch if he wants to walk, and one arm is in cast.
One word:

Shamal.
Old 2007-08-26, 12:20   Link #46
Thisguy
Negikamo

What's more is that the one-eye loli (I heard she's "Ragna"?) could be Vice's sister...
She said "oniichan", though I'm not sure if it was literally or she just calls any senior guys "oniichan".

Additionally, she expressed that "Now we (Vice & her) might be able to talk normally again", so my bet goes to former.
Misshooting your own little sister in eye... well, I wouldn't want to imagine.

Oh, and it's pretty much proved that Storm Rider was his rifle.
Old 2007-08-26, 12:21   Link #47
Kha
~ I Do ~
*Author

Quote:
Spoiler for Fate:
[Arika]USO--! [/Arika]

Quote:
Spoiler for Ginga/Subaru:
Dendoh?!

Quote:
Originally Posted by princesa_Ameria View Post
Spoiler for omg Fate o.O:
[Aaron008R]U... Uso da! [/Aaron008R]

Quote:
Spoiler for 22:
[Aaron008R]USODAAA! [/Aaron008R]

Fate-chan---?!
Old 2007-08-26, 12:22   Link #48
Aaron008R

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gearhead View Post
Most police forces are going to use lethal force only as a last resort. And considering the recent reveal that it's actually easier for a mage to create a spell that deals out subdual damage than it is something that fries with physical energy (Remember the Mana Conversion Affinity bit?) it makes SENSE.
Noted. No disagreement from me.

Quote:
Hohoho, Zafira's finally getting some substantial talk time, and is hopefully going to show why he's the Shielding Guardian Beast. Vice too is implied, but unless there's they're going to be healed properly, I can't see them actually making it there in good time, while still being remotely helpful.

I guess the males might make a comeback after all.
What's this I see? 'Pray' actually playing when the shafted ones come to the rescue?

OC Profiles
Old 2007-08-26, 12:25   Link #49
Kha
~ I Do ~
*Author

Quote:
I guess the males might make a comeback after all.
What's this I see? 'Pray' actually playing when the shafted ones come to the rescue?
Thus Sith Lord Chaos' words would've been heeded.

Re: Fate's capture - I remember I once said she's gonna get stuffed into a can... Praying hard that Seven Arcs/Ivory don't take me THAT seriously for once...
Old 2007-08-26, 12:26   Link #50
Nightengale
~Night of Gales~
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gearhead View Post
One word:

Shamal.
Well, Shamal's healing abilities doesn't look so l33t in StrikerS anymore...

Plus she's UP THERE.

The sleeping lion shall awaken beyond the depths of time, crossing ten billion lights, come to Terra.
Old 2007-08-26, 12:27   Link #51
Aaron008R

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kha View Post
Thus Sith Lord Chaos' words would've been heeded.
For the first time, I really feel like thanking those spies (if there are).

Quote:
Re: Fate's capture - I remember I once said she's gonna get stuffed into a can... Praying hard that Seven Arcs/Ivory don't take me THAT seriously for once...
Unless Acous comes to save her, I expect her to "Limit Break".

OC Profiles
Old 2007-08-26, 12:30   Link #52
Mirificus

Quote:
Spoiler for Fate:
That reinforces why their plan of dispersing their forces was is terrible. They don't have overwhelming combat power at any point and they're starting to lose local engagements.
Old 2007-08-26, 12:31   Link #53
Kha
~ I Do ~
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mirificus View Post
That reinforces why their plan of dispersing their forces was so terrible. They're starting to lose the local engagements.
Spoiler for Hmm...:
Old 2007-08-26, 12:36   Link #54
Aaron008R

Quote:
That reinforces why their plan of dispersing their forces was is terrible. They don't have overwhelming combat power at any point and they're starting to lose local engagements.
As it may be really unfortunate from a tactical standpoint, I guess these are just employed for plot device saves. Tried and true, also never seems to get old.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kha View Post
Spoiler for Hmm...:
That was in a different place, right?

OC Profiles
Old 2007-08-26, 12:37   Link #55
Nightengale
~Night of Gales~
*Author

Oh shit, Jail is a Nao. @_@

I'm willing to bet Due was reverse-engineered from himself, since he seems to love reverse-engineering so much.

Old 2007-08-26, 12:40   Link #56
Mirificus

Quote:
As it may be really unfortunate from a tactical standpoint, I guess these are just employed for plot device saves. Tried and true, also never seems to get old.
The way they got into that situation is very cliched, lazy writing and makes the protagonists look incompetent, but with the hole the writers have put RF6 in, them having long drawn out combat engagements where they're having difficulty winning makes perfect sense.
Old 2007-08-26, 12:45   Link #57
Aaron008R

Quote:
Oh shit, Jail is a Nao. @_@

I'm willing to bet Due was reverse-engineered from himself, since he seems to love reverse-engineering so much.
Any more details?

Quote:
It's very cliched and lazy writing, but with the hole the writers have put RF6 in, them having long drawn out combats where they're having difficulty winning makes perfect sense.
The winning formula gets stale or is not really handled properly. <shrug>
I hope they at least make the planned plot-device comeback of the protagonists epic enough for some solace.

More character development for the shafted is a must!

'Pray' is really quite catchy and blood-pumping.

OC Profiles
Old 2007-08-26, 12:47   Link #58
aers
*Fansubber

Quote:
And with that, I'll see you guys next week.
Old 2007-08-26, 13:04   Link #59
Aaron008R

Anyway, from what we're shown, I can at least make an assumption of how the comebackers would play...

Vice - Crutch? Arm in a cast? Since when did that stop anime characters from making a comeback? I expect him to maybe snipe a Number who's after Teana.

Zafira - Human form would be nice. He should at least show his worth in defense. The likely scenario where he can is rather numerous.

Acous - The esperinvestigator just disappeared! WHat happened with all those hints of him being around the Aces' level during the manga?

Chrono - The fleet seems to be too slow. I hope they at least show him fighting in the field.

OC Profiles
Old 2007-08-26, 13:10   Link #60
Nightengale
~Night of Gales~
*Author

Quote:
Any more details?
He wears it in his right hand. It's an IS circle...I think, red in color, and it seems to have anti-magic or magic breaking properties, since Jail's clinch pretty much shattered Fate's Zamber. Jail's powers seem to be summoning red strings, that can be manipulated accordingly.

As for this episode...

Vice called Zafira 'danna'!?

Expectedly, awesome bitch Quattro shows why she's so dirty and awesome. Activating Lutecia's fail-safe after toying with her, playing the mind game with Deici, she actually looks more evil than Doctor. I mean, at least the Doctor is shameless and talks more smoothly when it comes to this kind of things.

Lutecia's befriending meter just shot up 89%. Though I must say, damn you Seven Arcs. I can't stress how much I hate the "mind-controlled", "body doesn't respond to thoughts", etc plot device, especially when you JUST know they're going to get a good end out of it..

LOL, it actually felt like Garyuu was befriending material. You know... maybe they should've made him a familiar... voiceless doesn't really show anything but silent devotion...

Jail = entertainment. He never ceases to crack me up. In fact, I'd almost say that angry!Fate is somewhat annoying, seeing how she just snaps before Jail's mind games. It's rational, but I suppose I wish she could be a little more...professional.

Agito becoming Signum's = 89%. Zest is pretty much writing his own will now, and it's all about how Signum is a good knight, a true Belka knight blah blah blah for Agito's sake. Though it does look like Zest's time is almost up... he can't even use Agito's flames anymore in Unison... he was almost breathless against Vita for most parts, but a single cartridge had him breathing heavily already now. Though that wind-looking shot of his... It's exactly what Isdera uses, though not as powerful.

Zest/Agito ~

Nanoha knows Vivio has no mama.

Looks like Stars may turn the tides next episode.

Closed Thread