AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > General > Video Games

Notices

Old 2008-02-25, 14:40   Link #41
Amray

Isn't anybody else looking forward to Dissidia?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=B_9ZYoM9cao
Amray is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-02-25, 15:16   Link #42
Snuffle
likes cute things

First time I've heard of that.... Is it a pure fighting game or does it have a story? From what I can tell from the video, the first match-up is Cecil vs Goblez, 2nd Zidane vs Kugel (can't quite remember his name, is it right?), 3rd is alot of peoples favorite, Sephiroth, but I can't make out on who he is going up against....
Snuffle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-02-25, 16:00   Link #43
King Lycan
User Title eaten by ravenous bunnies
*IT Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by Amray View Post

i've heard about it and since i'm an fan off Final Fatasy Seris i might get it but if Vincent Valentine is there im 100% sure im getting it but if not i'll thick about it
Old 2008-02-25, 16:43   Link #44
Z3120

Anyone saw that on sale copy of Wild Arms XF on playasia a few months ago? Sheesh, if I knew enough Japanese, I would have gotten it. Was only 15 dollars!

@Snuffle, nice list. Only think I might be getting instead of God of War:COO is importing Tales of Rebirth instead.

Who's psyched about Tales of Rebirth? Claire! (or however it was spelled) Never really started Rebirth on my PS2 so I'm quite eager.
Z3120 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-02-25, 18:54   Link #45
shinobiknight0
I'm a Senior Member!
*Graphic Designer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Amray View Post

I checked Wiki and I couldn't find any information on whether you're going to use the FF characters only or you could customize your own. Other than that the game looks spectacular.
Old 2008-02-26, 00:32   Link #46
Zoe

Quote:
Originally Posted by shinobiknight0 View Post
I checked Wiki and I couldn't find any information on whether you're going to use the FF characters only or you could customize your own. Other than that the game looks spectacular.
FF characters only.
Zoe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-02-26, 09:00   Link #47
nadare

Send a message via MSN to nadare
Dissidia is FF only. I heard that they will feature 2 characters (protagonist and antagonist) for every ff game available.

@Z3120

Wild Arms XF is gonna have an English release to be released on March 11.
nadare is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-02-26, 09:23   Link #48
FRS
Lurker on the threshold

You can the find the current list of characters for Dissidia in Wikipedia
FRS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-02-26, 11:10   Link #49
Amray

I just can't wait to play as two of my FF heroes - Sephiroth and Kuja.
Its gonna be so amazing!! ^_^
Amray is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-02-28, 22:38   Link #50
Marina
~La-la Land~
*Graphic Designer

Quote:
Originally Posted by ac3y View Post
Patapon...
That just looks like one of those flash games about storming a castle O_o
I'll give it a looksie when it comes out, though.
My boyfriend and me played patapon yesterday, and I have to say, it's suuuuuch an addicting game! I love the music and the little guys' antics and their silly language. Good job to the makers of LocoRoco and Patapon *two thumbs up*
I highly recommend it for lovers of cute, colorful, silly, and musical

Co-host of Kaiseki Anime Podcast
Find us on Apple Podcasts and Google Play

AniList

Sig: HSxHoneycomb
Marina is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-03-04, 19:46   Link #51
Z3120

To those who haven't preordered FF7: Crisis Core yet and looking for a price that's a little cheaper, Fry's at outpost.com is having a limited sale for only today where you can preorder one at 34.99.

http://shop4.outpost.com/product/549...Homepage:Spot2
Old 2008-03-05, 00:01   Link #52
Zoe

Quote:
Originally Posted by Z3120 View Post
To those who haven't preordered FF7: Crisis Core yet and looking for a price that's a little cheaper, Fry's at outpost.com is having a limited sale for only today where you can preorder one at 34.99.

http://shop4.outpost.com/product/549...Homepage:Spot2
Shipping kills the deal.
Old 2008-03-05, 22:43   Link #53
Zoe

Echochrome demo is up on the JP PC store. I've only played the PS3 version, but everything there is in English.
Old 2008-03-07, 00:57   Link #54
ac3y

So I got Patapon today, and it's pretty addicting.
I'm only on Stage 6 or something though, I'll get back to y'all when I'm further along.
ac3y is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-03-13, 02:37   Link #55
Z3120

What's everyones' impression with Wild Arms XF? If it's so-so, I'll most likely buy Tales of Rebirth instead.
Old 2008-03-13, 12:38   Link #56
Snuffle
likes cute things

Well me being a Wild Arms fan, I'm sure I will like it (I have all the games to date). I'm yet to get it but I should be able to buy it this weekend. I think it really boils down to two things...

Are you a Wild Arms fan?
Do you like strategy games?

When I bought Jeanne D'arc, I didn't really know anything about how unique it was strategy wise... I mean, there is no customization with the characters besides the usual equipment and kinda adjust their stats but it uses skill slots and their attack skills which is stirctly based on what weapon they use. But even tho it's like that, I still really enjoyed it cause the battle system had some originality to it.

Basicly what I'm saying is... I like stratagy games, as long as it's not annoying (points to Generation of Chaos), I will like it

Oh... I will get back to you on how WAXF is
Old 2008-03-13, 17:12   Link #57
Z3120

Thanks Snuffle. I'll most likely buy Wild Arms XF but I'm short on cash. So if Wild Arms XF is a total must-have immediately, then I'll opt for Tales of Rebirth instead as I've yet to get into my PS2 version.
Old 2008-03-16, 23:36   Link #58
Snuffle
likes cute things

Ok. I think I've played enough of Wild Arms XF to give a decent opinion on it .

Now, if someone here is one of those people that listens WITHOUT QUESTION to places like IGN, Gamespot, 1up, whatever other places where "professional" reviewers are, then you might reject my opinion, or save yourself the time and don't read it.

So far I've played exactly 9hrs 17mins 29secs of it (from my psp save data), and I'm still enjoying it . The biggist complaint from IGN and 1up (never read gamespot's review, only heard it was bad) was that you had to use specific classes to pass certian stages... All I have to say to that is... BIG FRICKEN DEAL!! It's a strategy game!! Not a simple hack and slash or even an EASY rpg for that matter, where you can just use whatever you want and still own the game... please... >_>;; They even compare it to Disgaea and Final Fantasy Tactics which are ports with added stuff... XF is a psp exclusive people....

I actually find those "use specific class" stages quite interesting . Someone on GameFAQS actually said this this looks like a gameboy advance game... ya ok... I'm glad everybody pretty much brushed him off. IMO for rpg's, the things that are important are: Character Intereactions, Story, and the Battle System.

BTW, I think it's important to mention that IGN also complained about the VIT system... ya.. they don't like characters loosing HP for fighting/walking to long (basicly getting tired)... They don't even mention you can heal the VIT for a very genorous amount >_>;; And it only takes 1 turn.

Anyway, sorry for the ranting . In general, I like the game. But let me point out on the things that I don't like:

- Story characters have poor stats compared to people you can hire (hire like FFT), but only by a little.
- Useable items can ONLY be used on YOURSELF, unless you are that Chemist like class...
- (this one is minor) Too many skills that are not allowed to be used after you make a movement... But there is a skill from another class that allows that for 1 turn, it's balanced enough for it not to be irritating, so I was able to deal with it.

I think that's it for now, crap that was long... But in general, I recommend it for stratagy fans as long as you can handle those negitive things I said about it. As I've already said, I enjoy it and still am .
Old 2008-03-18, 03:13   Link #59
Z3120

Thanks, and yeah, I heard about the huge amount of negativity to class specific missions. I don't think it'll be so bad. I was able to tolerate Hoshigami...
Old 2008-03-18, 15:17   Link #60
Snuffle
likes cute things

Wow... I'm surprised you were able to play Hoshigami... That game annoyed me so much I had to sell it! The main and probably the only reason was the battle system... you were pretty much forced to use that combo system for every damn enemy you need to kill >_>;;....

Just a small warning, the "use certian class" happens about half of the time for the story battles. Like i said before, I find it interesting, so I'm able to enjoy it.

Now for a little rant, sorry about this ... This part really bothered me in IGN's review...

More troubling is the fact that some of the objective-based battles are infuriating. For example, an early battle in the game gives you six characters to defend an entire row of hexes from enemy penetration. If a single opponent steps on that side of the map, you instantly lose. Worse still is that every member of the opposing side belongs to a class with nearly unlimited movement range, and they have a force twice as large as your own. I wasted hours trying to best this battle, where a single mistake would let one guy through and ruin your previous twenty minutes of play time. It was absurd.

I just passed this mission... Only took me 2 tries cause I wasn't expecting what happened later in the battle. Allow me to correct this "professional reviewer"...

- yes just 6 characters to defend... but there are road blocks and you only need 3 of yours at 2 of them and adjust them to the enemy movments.

- they do NOT have nearly unlimited movement range... yes they can move twice the range of you BUT... they cant turn... can only move in straight lines... so its very easy to predict where they would go >_>;;;

TIPS: 2 with geomancers skills, 2 mages, last 2 whatever else, I used fighters. And also have 2 (preferably) of your characters have that skill that allows moving and using spells. Shut Out will save your ass here!!

That is how I did it, I'm not saying this is the only way.