AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Current Series > Bleach

Notices

Old 2008-08-01, 18:00   Link #1361
incube
Dango Master
*IT Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hari Michiru View Post
Do souls remember their past lives when they go into Soul Society?
There is one important thing in the plot of Bleach that is getting more confusing after each episode...

The theory of the souls of the living going to either the soul society or hell.... that was the most interesting thing in this series and i've been waiting for more details on that but it seems that after the first arc, none of that was explained anymore and now the Soul Society is looking more and more like the real world... there are even "bad" ppl in it while at first it was supposed that only "good" ppl were sent to the soul society, and there are lots and lots of other unclear issues....

So basically if ur borned with some above normal spirit energy, then die and go to the soul society... after that you go to a shop, buy yourself a nice body and a zanpactou and go back to earth and ur basically an inmortal with a kick as sword. An example would be Ichigo's father...

I remember Rukia comparing the relationship between the SS and the living world as a sand clock.... so that means when u die in the soul society you will end up as a baby in the real world? If so then we could say that u dont actually "die" until u went to the soul society and get killed?

There is so much material in Bleach to be explained and so much potential to be a really good anime but instead all we see are stupid DBZ fights....

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sakome View Post
I usually stay away from these kind of shows, endless shonen adventure with 100's of episodes and endless plot. Though one day I saw a few fights and they looked really cool. Ichigo seems like a likeable protagonist and powerful. Naruto is way too kiddish and DBZ is well just dumb to me.

I was wondering though, where should I start to see if I like this show or not? Do I need to start at the VERY beginning of the anime or should I only read the manga?
The first arc is the best one of all.... after that things starts to making less sense and you will be stuck with meaningless fights and a poor story. You will get the "Naruto filler episodes" feelings >.<
incube is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-08-01, 22:04   Link #1362
Hari Michiru
Insane Fangirl
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by incube View Post
There is one important thing in the plot of Bleach that is getting more confusing after each episode...

The theory of the souls of the living going to either the soul society or hell.... that was the most interesting thing in this series and i've been waiting for more details on that but it seems that after the first arc, none of that was explained anymore and now the Soul Society is looking more and more like the real world... there are even "bad" ppl in it while at first it was supposed that only "good" ppl were sent to the soul society, and there are lots and lots of other unclear issues....

So basically if ur borned with some above normal spirit energy, then die and go to the soul society... after that you go to a shop, buy yourself a nice body and a zanpactou and go back to earth and ur basically an inmortal with a kick as sword. An example would be Ichigo's father...

I remember Rukia comparing the relationship between the SS and the living world as a sand clock.... so that means when u die in the soul society you will end up as a baby in the real world? If so then we could say that u dont actually "die" until u went to the soul society and get killed?

There is so much material in Bleach to be explained and so much potential to be a really good anime but instead all we see are stupid DBZ fights....
Ah, thanks. I'm hoping for some real plot development from Bleach also.

Anime-Planet.com - anime | manga | reviews
Hari Michiru is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-08-01, 22:08   Link #1363
CMSensei
Formerly -> CMHerrera
*Graphic Designer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Endrance View Post
I think if im thinking about the right one although i dont know if he so much fell in love with her is the bount Yoshino
yea that it but didint he cry when she died and got depressed after that

CM-san's Mystical Creations

"The one who can win
against me, is me!"

- Daiki Aomine
CMSensei is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-08-05, 02:44   Link #1364
kagato3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hari Michiru View Post
Episode 68

My question:
Why does Rukia call Kenryuu Kenryuu-dono? Dono is a respectful honorific used to address those above your status (like sama, but more face saving), but Rukia is part of the Four Noble Houses, so she is technically above him...
There are a few reasons. First and foremost is the fact Rukia does not tend to see herself as realy being a part of the Four Noble Houses so she acts extreamly polite to the people she sees as being above her station even if technicly they are not. Second the dono doesn't quite have the exact meaning that you posted a better definition from wiki:
Note: Dono and tono are more common in anime and manga, particularly in period works, and often come up in two forms

submissive: Using its "lord" or "master" roots, this form of dono is often considered to show slightly more respect than sama and more than san. [1]

equal: This form of dono is used by a powerful/important person to address another powerful/important person with a great deal of respect without elevating the addressee above the addresser.[2]

and in this case she would be treating them more as equals.
Higurashi: Its a bit like watching a trainwreck, except you keep getting to see different trains wrecking with roughly the same passengers, into a variety of different objects. Also, the trains are driven by monkeys. On LSD.
kagato3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-08-05, 02:48   Link #1365
Endrance
~Rock ☆~
*Graphic Designer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cynthia Herrera View Post
yea that it but didint he cry when she died and got depressed after that
I think and im not sure that she reminded him of his mother
Old 2008-08-05, 11:32   Link #1366
ruote

Does Ulquiorra have any Fraccion?
ruote is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-08-05, 20:02   Link #1367
Hisago
The Superchunky from Hell

Not that we know of.

Since my requests tend to go ignored on the image thread, could somebody give me a clear picture of the kanji on Bonnie's side? I need it in an image since this computer doesn't recognize Japanese characters.
Hisago is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-08-05, 22:08   Link #1368
CMSensei
Formerly -> CMHerrera
*Graphic Designer

Quote:
I think and im not sure that she reminded him of his mother
reminded him of his mother? i have to look at that episode again what episode was that? but i think he fell in love

"The one who can win
against me, is me!"

- Daiki Aomine
Old 2008-08-06, 01:12   Link #1369
Endrance
~Rock ☆~
*Graphic Designer

He kept flashing back to his mother and he said to himself that she reminded him of his mother and how she smiled to hide being sad. I think its like episode 70 or 71
Old 2008-08-06, 03:39   Link #1370
Konpachi
Sinear Mambur

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hisago View Post
Not that we know of.

Since my requests tend to go ignored on the image thread, could somebody give me a clear picture of the kanji on Bonnie's side? I need it in an image since this computer doesn't recognize Japanese characters.
Here you go.
Konpachi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-08-06, 08:45   Link #1371
Hisago

Seriously now. I need an image of the kanji on Bonnie's side. Not to be Rickrolled. That was mean.
Old 2008-08-06, 09:06   Link #1372
Konpachi
Sinear Mambur

the kanji means four wheel drive

and you should be able to see the kanji properly in this video.

i could make it clearer but im lazy, and its somewhat late, and i seriously just cant be fucking bothered

also can be seen in Bleach epi 23.

Last edited by Konpachi; 2008-08-06 at 09:34.
Konpachi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-08-06, 09:30   Link #1373
Scep
commands you to...!
*Artist

/removed/

Quote:
Originally Posted by Konpachi View Post
i could make it clearer but im lazy, and its somewhat late, and i seriously just cant be fucking bothered
What the hell? A random off topic rickroll? I'd flame, but i probably can't be bothered either, it's off topic anyway. Go get some sleep, you clearly need it.

Last edited by Scep; 2008-08-10 at 10:40. Reason: link removal
Scep is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-08-06, 10:06   Link #1374
Hisago

Thank you u_u
Old 2008-08-06, 11:22   Link #1375
CMSensei
Formerly -> CMHerrera
*Graphic Designer

Quote:
He kept flashing back to his mother and he said to himself that she reminded him of his mother and how she smiled to hide being sad. I think its like episode 70 or 71
okay thx for tell me

"The one who can win
against me, is me!"

- Daiki Aomine
Old 2008-08-10, 01:11   Link #1376
kagato3

Scep you should remove that link before it gets you in trouble.
Higurashi: Its a bit like watching a trainwreck, except you keep getting to see different trains wrecking with roughly the same passengers, into a variety of different objects. Also, the trains are driven by monkeys. On LSD.
Old 2008-08-10, 10:42   Link #1377
Scep
commands you to...!
*Artist

okay done. I vaguely remember this rule sometime ago.... but i couldn't quite find it in the forum rules (not explicitly at least) XD. But thanks for the reminder.
Scep is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-08-12, 00:46   Link #1378
Amirali
Banned

Send a message via MSN to Amirali
Quote:
The following is a list of media considered "banned" from The Forum because its acquisition is always considered illegal and unethical:

* Fansubs of Licensed Anime
* Scanlations of Licensed Manga
* Any untranslated anime videos (Anime Raws)
* Any untranslated manga scans (Manga Raws)
Since I've been banned for the same offense a couple of times, might as well point out the rule .
Amirali is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-08-23, 16:17   Link #1379
homer_3

Is Bleach supposed to have an end? Or is it just going to keep going and going? I thought I might get a little bit of closure in the Arrancar arc, but
Spoiler for End of Arrancar arc:
homer_3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-08-23, 16:33   Link #1380
kagato3

Quote:
Originally Posted by homer_3 View Post
Is Bleach supposed to have an end? Or is it just going to keep going and going? I thought I might get a little bit of closure in the Arrancar arc, but
Spoiler for End of Arrancar arc:
Bleach will have an end, someday but when that will be is unkown as the manga is still going strong.
As for what happend with the anime. The anime was close to catching up with the manga so instead of changeing how the Arrancar arc ends to make way for anime orignal eps or doing a DBZ where every fight is padded so that a 1 chapter fight takes 5 eps they placed the story line on hold and started an alternate universe story line as fillers so the manga has time to build up more chapters.

Tags
q&a