AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired M-Z > Umineko

Notices

View Poll Results: Umineko no Naku Koro ni - Episode 20 Rating
Perfect 10 22 16.54%
9 out of 10 : Excellent 22 16.54%
8 out of 10 : Very Good 33 24.81%
7 out of 10 : Good 29 21.80%
6 out of 10 : Average 16 12.03%
5 out of 10 : Below Average 7 5.26%
4 out of 10 : Poor 1 0.75%
3 out of 10 : Bad 1 0.75%
2 out of 10 : Very Bad 1 0.75%
1 out of 10 : Painful 1 0.75%
Voters: 133. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old 2009-11-11, 17:40   Link #41
KanonTheFurniture
Witch's Golden Breaker

Will need to wait for subs to accurately judge how much of the info was kept, but all things considered it wasn't nearly as bad as I was expecting (based on the preview). There's only one scene I was REALLY upset to see ruined, while for the rest, well, couldn't exactly expect them to keep the depth of the VN, and all things considered I think they did well...

Spoiler for minireview:

Overall I expected a pretty boring episode, so it didn't betray my expectations too much. They did better than I thought on some of the flashbacks, and didn't really do worse on the ones I expected to be butchered either way, especially since none of the important stuff was cut altogether (though the stake denial scene may as well have been). Boring VN flashbacks overall, so naturally we'd get a pretty boring Anime episode out of them, but things will start to kick into gear next week, and that's what I'm looking forward to.

Not rating it until I see the subs, but I'll probably give it a 7, for being better than I expected.
Old 2009-11-11, 17:42   Link #42
bigemperor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marion View Post
Lambda's scene was reduced to incredibly low levels - she didn't even troll Ange she was just telling her off. I swear I think DEEN just hates Lambda, because every scene she's been in so far as been drastically shortened and at times ruins her characterization. And Ange didn't even look like she had a hard time summoning the stakes, when in reality she was struggling just to keep conscious through the entire thing while Mammon kept pressuring her.
Best review from this episode, poor lambda deen really hate her.

I cant`t beleive some people give a 10 to this episode.
Old 2009-11-11, 18:12   Link #43
punchyout

Why is everybody saying they cut the 'bully scene'? Doesn't it actually happen later?
Old 2009-11-11, 18:16   Link #44
AmyElizzabeth
Moo

Send a message via MSN to AmyElizzabeth
Is Human Sakutarou still voiced by Minori Chiharha?
Old 2009-11-11, 18:42   Link #45
June 1983

Quote:
Originally Posted by punchyout View Post
Why is everybody saying they cut the 'bully scene'? Doesn't it actually happen later?
I think people are concerned that since they showed a flashback to it in this episode, they will use that as an excuse not to show the actual scene.

I'm not convinced of that myself, but we'll see.
Old 2009-11-11, 19:00   Link #46
chronotrig

Well, I was tempted to throw in a 10 just for the WH reference, but my unbiased (or less biased...) rating has to take a couple things into account.

Spoiler for size:

www.witch-hunt.com Theory page
Old 2009-11-11, 19:12   Link #47
Workworkwork

I wasn't talking about an actual numerical balancing, sheesh.
Old 2009-11-11, 19:24   Link #48
ameskitty
Kupo

Quote:
Originally Posted by punchyout View Post
You can't really judge whether it's been totally cut until next week, but they showed it in a flashback this week.

Like I said, though, there's still a chance that it might be a narrative device to make the timeline more coherent, because, as you said, it does happen later (in the story, not in the timeline).

I'm disappointed if it is cut and that was all we got, but even if it wasn't...this episode was still really boring (Lambda scene especially) . Wouldn't change my rating either way, now that I think about it.

Avatar adapted from Yoshitaka Amano art

"There is no such thing as a sexy George." - Rhiannon, Easy A
Old 2009-11-11, 19:42   Link #49
Ithekro
Gamilas Falls

Quote:
Is Human Sakutarou still voiced by Minori Chiharha?
Yes. I recognize her shota voice from Today in Class 5-2.
Old 2009-11-11, 19:43   Link #50
Christen
Endless Nine
*Artist

I haven't seen the episode yet, but I feel the disappointment of toning down Lambda's personality.

Spoiler:

Please watch where you post and tag your spoilers properly if it's allowed.
Old 2009-11-11, 19:46   Link #51
Ithekro
Gamilas Falls

Maybe they are holding off on Lambda until later for some reason...shock value perhaps? Though both her and Bern are rather lightly used so far.
Old 2009-11-11, 19:58   Link #52
MarthX

The only scene I really have a problem in this episode is the Lambda scene. Aside from that, it was a good adaption. But it's a good adaption of the boring parts of EP4.
Old 2009-11-11, 20:17   Link #53
Christen
Endless Nine
*Artist

Finished the raw.
Spoiler for review:

Gave this episode a 7 out of 10. We're two episodes into Episode 4 and we've already arrived at this point. Looks like we'll have plenty of time for the rest of the Episode.

Please watch where you post and tag your spoilers properly if it's allowed.
Old 2009-11-11, 21:55   Link #54
Marion
The Great Dine

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ithekro View Post
Maybe they are holding off on Lambda until later for some reason...shock value perhaps? Though both her and Bern are rather lightly used so far.
But Lambda isn't suppose to be surprising that she's evil - at least not after EP 3's tea party.
Old 2009-11-11, 22:34   Link #55
Dante_Sword

I give 3 to chapter, to state very boring and although it fits well have lost all sense of the novel, plus some scenes destroyed ...

deen quality is as bad as ever, where are the big expressions?
Old 2009-11-12, 01:18   Link #56
Starks
I see what you did there!
*Scanlator

Send a message via AIM to Starks
Good episode. Not enough Mammon.
Old 2009-11-12, 01:58   Link #57
serenade_beta
そのおっぱいで13才

WAROSU, WAROSU!
Doll turning into a human... No thanks, no thanks, Ryukishi.

Ange... Why are you even showing hesitation? Yeah, Schrondinger's Cat or whatever, but even if it isn't you, at least another you gets to have your brother back, right? Or is it fine that your brother stays dead? At least do it for his sake.
Looking forward to see how she reacts to what 34 said, but I hope she doesn't fall for her proposal...
Still... Get away from the witch business, Ange... You should know that people who talk to stuffed animals as if they were real and etc., etc. should just be reported to the hospital... Anyways, Maria --> Hospital, the talk can come later...

-Blog --> http://tdnshumi.blogspot.com/ (Mainly about video games)
-R.I.P. Hiroshi Yamauchi, Gaming wouldn't have been the same without you (9/19/13)
Old 2009-11-12, 04:15   Link #58
Used Can

DEEN did go light-speed in this episode, did they not? Anyhow, I won't complain about this, as long as I get my cake in the final episodes.

Also, lol at Warugiria.

Anyway, Umineko has many nice BGMs, why can't DEEN use more of them? If I remember correctly, miragecoordinator was supposed to play during the scene Lamdadelta met Ange. Oh well...
Old 2009-11-12, 04:16   Link #59
MarthX

Not at all. This episode only covered 3 chapters.

19 covered 4 plus the prologue.
Old 2009-11-12, 04:23   Link #60
Proto
Knowledge is the solution

That doesn't say much considering how different are some chapters length-wise. This is specially true for the school chapters in this arc.
Closed Thread