AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Manga

Notices

Old 2009-11-17, 20:51   Link #4501
5yewy5r

Quote:
Originally Posted by DKN117 View Post
Minor question for a guy who's too short on time to comb through several volumes looking for something. What chapter was it where Chao revealed her magic circuits and then used Ourania Phlogosis (super fire-type spell) against Negi?
Chapter 159 in volume 17.

Unfortunately I haven't read anything by James P. Hogan, so I don't know what you're talking about.

*Nevermind Nice explanation above ^^^^^
5yewy5r is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-11-18, 19:29   Link #4502
-Sho-
~Omedetô~

Not surprising that Rakan won't defeat him .
We didn't see his trump card yet .
-Sho- is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-11-19, 15:01   Link #4503
akron88

You know I have always wanted to ask, what the heck is the thing between Asuna and Negi. I mean its brother-sister thing or something else? cause the whole story has been throwing bones of something else, and then brother sister thing confirmed, but then again another bone and BAM, another confirmation of brother sister thing all the time...where is the author wanting to go... (got to get that thing out of my mind heh).

On another topic, whatever happened to real Asuna? its been ages since I saw her (I bet she probably did remembered everything and will now help fate going to that mansion and its gonna the big "oh no" revelation hehh
akron88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-11-19, 15:03   Link #4504
Blank-Mage
Maniacal laughter ensues.

Trust us, we wish we knew. Oh, and it's Aunt-Nephew, not Brother-Sister. As for the real Asuna, the last we saw of her she was getting mind-raped by Fate, who was unlocking her memories. Although Fate is fighting Rakan now, so who's watching her...?
Old 2009-11-19, 15:53   Link #4505
Xellos-_^
Not Enough Sleep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blank-Mage View Post
Trust us, we wish we knew. Oh, and it's Aunt-Nephew, not Brother-Sister. As for the real Asuna, the last we saw of her she was getting mind-raped by Fate, who was unlocking her memories. Although Fate is fighting Rakan now, so who's watching her...?
it hasn't been stated yet Asuna and Arika exact relationship. Royal families tend to be very big. Asuna and Arika could as close as sisters by blood or as distant as 3rd cousin twice remove form the mother side.
Old 2009-11-19, 16:25   Link #4506
ChronoReverse

Quote:
Originally Posted by akron88 View Post
On another topic, whatever happened to real Asuna? its been ages since I saw her (I bet she probably did remembered everything and will now help fate going to that mansion and its gonna the big "oh no" revelation hehh
For some reason, I have it in my mind that the "Lifemaker" we are seeing is actually Asuna. Even if that's not the case, I have no doubt we'll find out about Asuna soon enough.
ChronoReverse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-11-19, 17:21   Link #4507
akron88

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blank-Mage View Post
Im positive that in 231 nagis discarded that idea, but still, its kinda painful that dynamic of negi-asuna (Ideas in my mind: take akamatsu to guantanamo until he explains that relationship and where he's going at )
akron88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-11-19, 17:29   Link #4508
willyvereb
Mad Scientist #0000

Send a message via MSN to willyvereb
Well, I guess we'll see a rather changed Asuna...get ready for the bomb!
Spoiler for ch 271:
willyvereb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-11-20, 00:49   Link #4509
ChronoReverse

Are the 272 previews out? Where did you get that idea?

Anyway, Lifemaker's ability seems pretty hax. I wonder why (s)he didn't immediately use it back when Nagi defeated him.
ChronoReverse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-11-20, 07:27   Link #4510
chaosprophet

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChronoReverse View Post
Are the 272 previews out? Where did you get that idea?
Next week is a break so it's around a week beforewe get 272 spoilers.
Old 2009-11-20, 08:18   Link #4511
-Sho-
~Omedetô~

Not surprising that Fate used his trump card : Code of the Lifemake which create one illusion world . How much its powerfull?
Rakan will lose ?
-Sho- is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-11-20, 10:08   Link #4512
ZeroForever

Well assuming everything is constant the lifemaker has that name because he's responsible for the creation of the magic world.

I think the reality manipulation controls things from the magic world but as Nagi was from Earth/old world the reality hacks couldn't directly effect him. I guess they'll eventually explain it in depth but honestly with full reality control that's the only way i can think of why Nagi could win and why Rakan instinctively knew during the original war why he couldn't win against him.
Old 2009-11-20, 16:26   Link #4513
DKN117

Where did it say there's no chapter next week? I just read #271, and there was no "taking a break next week" message anywhere on the last page, or anywhere else for that matter.
DKN117 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-11-20, 16:42   Link #4514
kwendy

Hmmm... About chapter 270: "You had feelings for Arika-sama, didn't you?". This is the first time I thought Nodoka's artifact is really dangerous
Old 2009-11-20, 19:04   Link #4515
willyvereb
Mad Scientist #0000

Send a message via MSN to willyvereb
Well, probably anyone other than Nodoka would abuse it endlessly actually....even Negi. You can consider it a nerf somewhat.
Afterall it's the bane of every evil mastermind. So far there wasn't a single person who had even a little bit of resistance against it.
Fate's case was the most spectacular...also funny how arrogant his plans were
willyvereb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-11-20, 20:29   Link #4516
BerryDoyle

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZeroForever View Post
I think the reality manipulation controls things from the magic world but as Nagi was from Earth/old world the reality hacks couldn't directly effect him. I guess they'll eventually explain it in depth but honestly with full reality control that's the only way i can think of why Nagi could win and why Rakan instinctively knew during the original war why he couldn't win against him.
I don't think we can really say that. I mean, hypothetically, there are an infinite number of worlds...the only proof we have that the "real" world came first was that everyone calls it the "old world".

I chapter 271 gave me the heeby jeebies. The idea of Rakan being messed with like that worries me. I mean, even Fate's harem was surprised and confused by the weird "not an illusion" world they got sent to. Also, I would not be TOO surprised if it turned out that Asuna was in that cloak, but since it looks like the same guy from before, I doubt it. The only evidence pointing to Asuna is that Rakan said back a while ago about how Asuna could bring an end to the entire magic world, which is part of why she had been locked up all those years. Also, since the Ostia bloodline is descended from the daughter of the creator of the Magic World, according to Yue, this would mean that Asuna would have inherited some of that.

Also, did anyone else think of Touhou when they saw Fate and Rakan's battle? Fate's little dagger/stake things reminded me of Sakuya's knives. Heck, any bullet hell.
BerryDoyle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-11-20, 21:02   Link #4517
chaosprophet

Quote:
Originally Posted by DKN117 View Post
Where did it say there's no chapter next week? I just read #271, and there was no "taking a break next week" message anywhere on the last page, or anywhere else for that matter.
Actually it does. It just wasn't translated. If you look at the right-down corner, there is a japanese text that says it (it even has the 12/2 showing when next chapter will be out.)
Old 2009-11-20, 21:37   Link #4518
cyberdemon

Quote:
Originally Posted by chaosprophet View Post
Actually it does. It just wasn't translated. If you look at the right-down corner, there is a japanese text that says it (it even has the 12/2 showing when next chapter will be out.)
-.- so it's a 2 weeks break not a 1
cyberdemon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-11-20, 22:23   Link #4519
chaosprophet

Well depends on the wording cyberdemon. It's a one week break. But usually we have to wait one week between two chapters, so a one week break means two weeks between the release of the chapter. Like:

18/11 - chapter 271 release
25/11- break week
02/12 - ch 272 release

But while it's released on 02/12 we probably can get spoilers pics around 4 days before it.
Old 2009-11-21, 11:46   Link #4520
cyberdemon

Quote:
Originally Posted by chaosprophet View Post
Well depends on the wording cyberdemon. It's a one week break. But usually we have to wait one week between two chapters, so a one week break means two weeks between the release of the chapter. Like:

18/11 - chapter 271 release
25/11- break week
02/12 - ch 272 release

But while it's released on 02/12 we probably can get spoilers pics around 4 days before it.
271 was released on the 11th though wasn't it, break this week, break next week before a new one comes out the week after. so:

11/11 - chapter 271 released
18/11- break
25/11- break
02/12- 272 released
cyberdemon is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
action, fantasy