AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Current Series

Notices

Old 2020-10-24, 07:00   Link #41
Obelisk ze Tormentor
Black Steel Knight

^ Yeah, I confused S with M for a second there. Anyway, her cry of excitement really do remind me of Darkness .
Old 2020-10-24, 13:41   Link #42
Tenzen12

If nothing else people should stop complain about mc becomming goody-two-shoes now. This episode proved he still has some edginess in his body left.
Old 2020-10-30, 14:50   Link #43
FlareKnight
User of the "Fast Draw"

Send a message via AIM to FlareKnight Send a message via MSN to FlareKnight
I do feel for Kusue. No matter what world she's in, the girl doesn't feel like she's suited to it. Her health in the regular world is a major issue and she's got to push herself insanely hard to even try to chase her goal. But in this world she's got to kill to get by and that isn't easy to work with either. May be one of those things where she's just got to get a handle on it and get the job done.

But that is still a challenge. All the more so when she can just feel the discomfort of cutting up an enemy. At least she's pushing herself to try and keep progressing even despite that. While Yotsuya might find it comical, Kusue's determination is just something she needs to get anywhere. She's had to take her whole life deadly seriously from well before all this started. Having to continue taking it seriously if she doesn't want to mentally shut down isn't a shock at all.
Old 2020-10-30, 19:41   Link #44
Chosen_Hero

Am I the only one that dislikes this anime more and more as the episodes go by, mainly due to the main dude?

So far he just feels like one of those generic shitty detached tryhard MCs from every single edgy isekai, but this guy is somehow more annoying than those. I am reaching the point where no backstory he is given will be good enough to explain why he is so shitty towards the lives of others.
Old 2020-10-30, 23:29   Link #45
Obelisk ze Tormentor
Black Steel Knight

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chosen_Hero View Post
Am I the only one that dislikes this anime more and more as the episodes go by, mainly due to the main dude?
I don't think Yotsuya is supposed to be likable. I mean, when you have a scene where Kusue had to explain to him that "saving people doesn't only mean saving them from getting killed", you know that Yotsuya is lacking something up there.

I just follow this anime to see what other amusing things he can do to get out of trouble. At least he actually used (minimum?) tactics & strategy, unlike the inept MC from Isekai Maou, Dorei Majutsu for example who is a social lost-cause but granted OP powers just for wish-fulfillment heck of it. Now that is a truly terrible self-masturbatory MC.
Old 2020-10-31, 02:46   Link #46
Anh_Minh
I disagree with you all.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chosen_Hero View Post

So far he just feels like one of those generic shitty detached tryhard MCs from every single edgy isekai, but this guy is somehow more annoying than those. I am reaching the point where no backstory he is given will be good enough to explain why he is so shitty towards the lives of others.
As far as I'm concerned, he doesn't try hard enough at being detached. But he's not really the one who bothers me the most. (That would be the new girl. Followed by Kusue.)

At least this time, Kusue did something useful. It wouldn't have been a good look for her to stand on a high horse making a speech about saving people only to have the MC do all the actual work.
Anh_Minh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2020-10-31, 19:04   Link #47
AC-Phoenix
Detective

Seeing that knight girl feels like Darkness has been summoned as a Fate Servant and was somehow summoned into the Alter Ego class
That being said... Goblin slyer too seems to be on the rise, as the goblin bloo seems to be literal oil.

Sidenote: I'm seemingly too dumb for my current keyboard, so if you see the same character twice in a row, when it doesn't belong there just ignore it.
AC-Phoenix is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2020-10-31, 19:44   Link #48
Obelisk ze Tormentor
Black Steel Knight

Quote:
Originally Posted by AC-Phoenix View Post
Seeing that knight girl feels like Darkness has been summoned as a Fate Servant and was somehow summoned into the Alter Ego class
See?
Now you agree with me after denying it in the last page .
Old 2020-11-08, 20:27   Link #49
HandofFate

up to episode 4 so far.
the girls being all useless is kind of getting annoying.
the MC leveled enough to spin the wheel like 2 times already, while the girls are still can't even use good atk magic yet.
Old 2020-11-13, 13:33   Link #50
Obelisk ze Tormentor
Black Steel Knight

YouTube
Sorry; dynamic content not loaded. Reload?

Not gonna lie, the more I watch this anime, the more invested I am. This is not a power-fantasy, the MC is not OP and since the party is even more useless than Kazuma's party in Konosuba, the MC actually have to use his head a lot more to solve a lot of problems.

In other words, this is becoming more and more like a proper adventure anime. Most of the player-girls being useless is actually a challenge that the Yotsuya needs to overcome (while the girls themselves slowly grew to be more dependable). In short, this is like a more-serious version of Konosuba and I'd gladly take it, warts and all.

And damn, I actually feel something for the fallen soldier in this episode. RIP.
Old 2020-11-13, 15:32   Link #51
Anh_Minh
I disagree with you all.

The pairing with Kahvel is doomed. Not sure how I feel about that. She's likable enough, unlike two of the PCs...
Old 2020-11-20, 16:54   Link #52
Obelisk ze Tormentor
Black Steel Knight

YouTube

Yep, it's getting more interesting. Yotsuya finally went there and crossed the line by killing a person.

Yotsuya learnt survival skills from playing Darksouls & Fallout is hilarious. But that kinda adds something as to why he is so unhinged when it comes to this "game world".
Old 2020-11-20, 21:43   Link #53
FlareKnight
User of the "Fast Draw"

Send a message via AIM to FlareKnight Send a message via MSN to FlareKnight
Yotsuya isn't necessarily a bad lead character. Just extremely creepy. Not sure where his moral compass honestly is. Perfectly clear that he'll do whatever it takes to save his own life there's no doubt about that. But also I can't say for sure that he wouldn't slit the throats of any of these girls in their regular world if it meant keeping himself alive...After all they are just people that happen to be involved in this with them. Just people caught up in this accident that are essential to the point of not sending the bus over the edge and getting him killed.

The title still seems really poorly thought out. The stakes don't remotely feel related to their town. It's just their lives on the line right now. Which hey, to them that is a pretty darn serious deal. It is their lives after all. But standing on 1,000,000 lives? I mean, I guess if they keep clearing quests danger will eventually reach their town. But that feels way further off than this anime will cover.

I'd honestly still say this is a power fantasy series. The MC is more powerful than any of the other cast members, smarter, more creative, and doesn't mind crossing lines others might hesitate to cross. Getting niche classes is honestly a benefit since he's gaining a variety of skillsets.
Old 2020-11-21, 01:13   Link #54
Obelisk ze Tormentor
Black Steel Knight

Quote:
Originally Posted by FlareKnight View Post
The title still seems really poorly thought out. The stakes don't remotely feel related to their town. It's just their lives on the line right now. Which hey, to them that is a pretty darn serious deal. It is their lives after all. But standing on 1,000,000 lives? I mean, I guess if they keep clearing quests danger will eventually reach their town. But that feels way further off than this anime will cover.
One Piece would like to know your location .

Quote:
I'd honestly still say this is a power fantasy series. The MC is more powerful than any of the other cast members, smarter, more creative, and doesn't mind crossing lines others might hesitate to cross. Getting niche classes is honestly a benefit since he's gaining a variety of skillsets.
The common definition of modern power-fantasy show is for the MC to have an overwhelming power that he can flex to other characters and stand high above the rest while looking good.

Here, Yotsuya had to fight tooth and nail to complete almost every mission so far. He spent countless hours levelling up. He had to suffer through losses and humiliating situations, and he totally need others' help to get things done in latest quest. None of the characters see him as someone on another level or something like that. So far, this is not a power fantasy but an actual adventure isekai. I already made a comparison with Konosuba, but this is a more serious version.

In comparison, the current MC of Jujutsu Kaisen, Yuji, is more fitting in a power fantasy show since characters around him are often in awe of his innate strength since the very start. Even the strongest character in the show was surprised by how fast Yuji can master his "watching movie"-training .
Old 2020-11-21, 04:24   Link #55
Anh_Minh
I disagree with you all.

Quote:
Yotsuya isn't necessarily a bad lead character. Just extremely creepy. Not sure where his moral compass honestly is. Perfectly clear that he'll do whatever it takes to save his own life there's no doubt about that. But also I can't say for sure that he wouldn't slit the throats of any of these girls in their regular world if it meant keeping himself alive...After all they are just people that happen to be involved in this with them. Just people caught up in this accident that are essential to the point of not sending the bus over the edge and getting him killed.
If he's to be believed, he'd give his life to save the first two girls. We don't know what he'd do about the third one, though. (Not that I'd blame him for being reluctant to pee on her if she was on fire.)

I'm not quite sure what his criteria are either, but he appears to rank people and doesn't place himself at the top. Once he's done that, he's willing to do just about anything to save the ones above him while those who are below mean, I suppose, nothing to him. I guess in TVTropes terms he'd be the Unfettered.

To get back to what he values... I don't know. Sincerity? Strength of character? Altruism?
Old 2020-11-27, 10:35   Link #56
EroKing
Version Zero

Episode 9

Life is sad...
Old 2020-11-27, 10:42   Link #57
LG-MAX 2.o

Quote:
I already made a comparison with Konosuba, but this is a more serious version.
I once said that this series is like a mix of Konosuba and Gantz being put in a blender, lol.
I would really like to talk a lot about Yotsuya, he is a great MC to me, too bad that the topic of the manga is practically not visited and I will not give spoilers here for obvious reasons, but the strength of this manga is that each mission becomes more complex than the previous one.

About this episode, in addition to the technical quality, there are these additional unnecessary scenes, but at least the story is still being maintained instead of being altered.
LG-MAX 2.o is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2020-11-27, 15:53   Link #58
Obelisk ze Tormentor
Black Steel Knight

YouTube

Damn, Kahabel doesn't play. She went to town on that Deock soldier and rightly pointed out the hypocrisy.

Other than that, this episode is mostly the antics of the glasses girl but still entertaining.

They finally finished this long quest in a relatively satisfactory manner. Can't wait for the new mission and the new villain teased by this episode.
Old 2020-11-27, 16:37   Link #59
Huh...?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Obelisk ze Tormentor View Post
They finally finished this long quest in a relatively satisfactory manner. Can't wait for the new mission and the new villain teased by this episode.
The long Quest isn't over, as they only did one part of it. They still have to do the "Explore Map" Quest, which has been going on since the start of this run.

Genjitsu Shugi Yuusha Fandom Wikia ("Administrator")
Arifureta Fandom Wikia ("Bureaucrat" & "Administrator")
Tsuki ga Michibiku Isekai Douchu Fandom Wikia ("Bureaucrat" & "Administrator")
Yu-Gi-Oh! Fandom Wikia ("Content Moderator")
Huh...? is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2020-11-27, 17:57   Link #60
Anh_Minh
I disagree with you all.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Obelisk ze Tormentor View Post
YouTube

Damn, Kahabel doesn't play. She went to town on that Deock soldier and rightly pointed out the hypocrisy.
In her place, I'd have cut out his tongue while he was in the middle of saying his last words...

Tags
fantasy, shounen