AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Macross > Past Macross Series

Notices

View Poll Results: Macross Frontier - Episode 15 Rating
Perfect 10 37 31.90%
9 out of 10 : Excellent 30 25.86%
8 out of 10 : Very Good 27 23.28%
7 out of 10 : Good 12 10.34%
6 out of 10 : Average 5 4.31%
5 out of 10 : Below Average 2 1.72%
4 out of 10 : Poor 0 0%
3 out of 10 : Bad 1 0.86%
2 out of 10 : Very Bad 0 0%
1 out of 10 : Painful 2 1.72%
Voters: 116. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old 2008-07-22, 06:44   Link #281
Wesley84

Quote:
Originally Posted by glyph View Post
Hmm, I'm beginning to think the unexpected attack on Galaxy was caused by "What 'bout My Star@folmo" being picked up by Sheryl's earrings, which have been shown to resonate with the other crystals inside the Vajra even across light years. Hearing the song reactivated the "dead" Vajra specimen on Frontier, and might have done so to any specimens in the keeping of our mysterious conspirators on Galaxy, which began to run amok.

The earrings visibly react again this episode while the song is broadcast again on tv.
There was no attack on Galaxy.
Old 2008-07-22, 06:57   Link #282
sekidousai
Ra-ou
*Graphic Designer

Quote:
Originally Posted by pkang0327 View Post
I think in order to be a figher pilot in SMS, you need to be of a certain minimum rank. Although Michel is older and has more experience than Alto, we don't know how much longer Michel has been in the SMS. Prior to the Vajra, SMS was mainly flight testing. Why would Michel get promoted for shooting rocks all day?

My guess is Michel and Luca have only been in SMS less than a year. Judging by their age, it wouldn't make sense for them to have been pilots for any longer than that.

Frankly, in the episodes we've seen, Alto has done quite a number of acts worthy of promotion. Hikaru Ichijo got promoted when he rescued Misa Hayase on Mars Base Sara. Alto probably got promoted ahead of Michel when he rescued Luca from the Vajira.
That does makes some sense. In the Military you get a purple heart like one on Forest Gump, where he Received lots of Military Honors although what he did was just run around and pick up the wounded. However, as you can see, Alto saved Michel, Luca(?) and most importantly he saved Sheryl the galactic fairy and the attempted rescue for Ranka. About Ranka's rescue, It was Alto's determined conversation with the general and his nukes that made the rescue attempt a sucess, i doubt that Brera even on seed mode could have made it alone. He just stole Alto's Shining hour
... But Birler is not Dumb. he knows about Brera. so in Birlers mind Alto saved two of the most important persons in the universe, And certainly it's not Michel or Luca.
!!!!!So then, the award goes to Alto.!!!! !!!!!!!!
Old 2008-07-22, 07:15   Link #283
Anh_Minh
I disagree with you all.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sleepy100 View Post
Sorry, but my opinion differs from you people in how Alto got promoted. From the way I heard it, it seems that Alto has the ability to recognize danger in multiple forms. He reported that the unknown purple unit on Galia 4 was the same one that rescued Ranka and was suspiciously hanging around Frontier. Intel discern that what Alto said was true, and that Alto has spotted a potential threat to Frontier. For that, Alto was promoted. (I believe that recognizing potential threats to a squad is a major must skill for squad leaders. Otherwise the squad could walk into a trap.) Plus his superb piloting abilities already drew a lot of attention. Both in and out of Frontier.

Ah, yes. When Brera impeded the mission in ep... 9? 10? ...and shot down Klan Klein, everybody thought he was just hitting on her. But nope, not our brave Alto. Clearly, we're dealing with a military genius.

More seriously, he reported on Brera, probably in the debriefing of the ep 7 battle. As was his clear duty: unidentified, high performance military craft which didn't communicate. It doesn't take any kind of leadership quality to mention it in the report.
Old 2008-07-22, 07:20   Link #284
magnuskn

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anh_Minh View Post
More seriously, he reported on Brera, probably in the debriefing of the ep 7 battle. As was his clear duty: unidentified, high performance military craft which didn't communicate. It doesn't take any kind of leadership quality to mention it in the report.
Well, it clearly is kind of a plot hole that nobody ( well, except Alto, Ozma and Cathy ) seems to mind that Brera a.) attacked Alto in the Vajra ship in ep 7; b.) attacked Klan in episode 9; c.) attacked Alto in episode 13.

I guess one could say that Leon is hushing it up, but it should have more of an impact.

And Altos VF survived the engagements in episodes 9 and 13, so it isnīt as if his gunsight recordings should have gone missing. Unless Leon confiscated them as after episode 7.
Old 2008-07-22, 07:40   Link #285
Anh_Minh
I disagree with you all.

He didn't precisely attack Alto in 7, though, IIRC. He was just less than gentle in helping Luca's plane out of the tentacles.

But yeah, the others seem to have been mysteriously forgotten.
Old 2008-07-22, 08:05   Link #286
Supah Em
WHO DO YOU THINK WE ARE?!
*Scanlator

the moment that grace mentioned "little queen", i've tried to listen it over and over again and it the words that register in my brain is "beetle queen". is little queen an official term there? i mean, vajras look like bugs(and has been cursed by ozma on a lot of occasions). add 1 and 1 and....
Old 2008-07-22, 08:11   Link #287
Anh_Minh
I disagree with you all.

Say Ranka's name three times in a row and she appears!
Old 2008-07-22, 10:29   Link #288
sekidousai
Ra-ou
*Graphic Designer

Quote:
Say Ranka's name three times in a row and she appears!
Ranka !!!
Ranka !!!
Ranka !!!

Spoiler for Hail to the Queen !!!!:
Old 2008-07-22, 10:32   Link #289
KiNA
Kira_Naruto, the ecchi
*Graphic Designer

*chokes on my drink*

You get some cookies for that
>> Tsukiumi
>> Saeko Busujima
>> Himuka
>> Yui Kotegawa

Old 2008-07-22, 12:22   Link #290
sekidousai
Ra-ou
*Graphic Designer

my friends & relatives learned long ago not to leave any of their pictures behind in my hard drive.
Old 2008-07-22, 13:16   Link #291
Darial
Otaku in disguise

Quote:
Originally Posted by sekidousai View Post
Ranka !!!
Ranka !!!
Ranka !!!

Hail to the queen
ROFTL that is awesome. I almost choked on my coffee.
Old 2008-07-22, 13:45   Link #292
Sleepy100
*snore**snore* zzz.......

Quote:
He didn't precisely attack Alto in 7, though, IIRC. He was just less than gentle in helping Luca's plane out of the tentacles.

But yeah, the others seem to have been mysteriously forgotten.
He didn't help Lucas at all. Instead, it seems he wants Luca to be stuck there permanently. The only reason he ran away was when he saw Quarter. If he had continued on with whatever secondary objective he had, it would make him be at odds with the SMS. Brera probably doesn't want his primary objective to be in jeopardy, so retreat was the better part of valor.

It seems people are misunderstanding why I think Alto was promoted. Alto said that the VF-27 that was hanging around Frontier, on Galia 4, and rescued Ranka were not different fighters. All three sightings of the fighter were the exact same VF-27. Furthermore, Alto brought back valuable data; especially on the VF-27 and Intel confirmed what Alto has been saying all along after reviewing the data. Meaning the SMS figured out what we knew all along. If Alto had not recognize this potential threat, SMS would probably never know and would go along with the idea "Oh, there is a survivor of Galaxy, and he saved Ranka. Hooray for the hero! Let's all trust that he will cover our backs and won't instead stab it."
Old 2008-07-22, 14:04   Link #293
Anh_Minh
I disagree with you all.

Then Brera is a very bad shot, because he missed Luca's inert plane at close range.

As for Alto recognizing the plane - I doubt he was more accurate than the various onboard recorders that sighted it. I mean, it's nice he's able to know a red VF-27 when he sees one, but is it promotion worthy?
Old 2008-07-22, 14:06   Link #294
Sleepy100
*snore**snore* zzz.......

I said stuck there permanently, not kill him.

He deemed the VF-27 as the same one that's been spotted near Frontier, on Galia 4, and saved Ranka. His action could potentially save Frontier in the event of a back stab since the higher ups (Richard Bilra) could plan for contingency in case that happens.
Old 2008-07-22, 14:22   Link #295
Anh_Minh
I disagree with you all.

He could have shot to disable.
Old 2008-07-22, 14:25   Link #296
Tak
Catholic = Cat addiction?

Quote:

As for Alto recognizing the plane - I doubt he was more accurate than the various onboard recorders that sighted it. I mean, it's nice he's able to know a red VF-27 when he sees one, but is it promotion worthy?
Bah, anyone knows the promotion was a front. Mr. Owner does have something special planned for Alto, we just don't know it yet.

There is a possibility that he wants to make Alto the same way Berera is to Grace, except perhaps not in a negative way.

- Tak

Remember, the toes you step on today may be connected to the @ss you have to kiss tomorrow.
Old 2008-07-22, 14:56   Link #297
Anh_Minh
I disagree with you all.

Cyborg Alto? I'm not sure his girlfriends would approve.
Old 2008-07-22, 15:14   Link #298
cerrian

I figured Alto was due a promotion the moment Wilder allowed Alto to operate independently of SMS' battle plans and when he authorized Alto the armor pack and reaction weapons.

If you're going to give someone that kind of responsibility, then you better make sure he has the authority to carry it out.
Old 2008-07-22, 15:33   Link #299
Sinestra
ショ ン (^^)
*IT Support

Send a message via AIM to Sinestra Send a message via MSN to Sinestra Send a message via Yahoo to Sinestra
Quote:
Originally Posted by cerrian View Post
I figured Alto was due a promotion the moment Wilder allowed Alto to operate independently of SMS' battle plans and when he authorized Alto the armor pack and reaction weapons.

If you're going to give someone that kind of responsibility, then you better make sure he has the authority to carry it out.
I agree. you cant give a grunt that kind of firepower and say well.........good luck we have the utmost faith in you make us proud. A solider with a little authority is better than one wihtout especially given the fact that Alto was authorized to use reaction weapons to carry it out.
Old 2008-07-22, 15:56   Link #300
glyph

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sleepy100 View Post
I said stuck there permanently, not kill him.

He deemed the VF-27 as the same one that's been spotted near Frontier, on Galia 4, and saved Ranka. His action could potentially save Frontier in the event of a back stab since the higher ups (Richard Bilra) could plan for contingency in case that happens.
Brera could care less about Luca and Alto either way. He was just standing by and watching until Alto started shooting wildly at the tentacles trapping the VF-25, whereupon he destroyed its gunpod deliberately with one shot. He was interested in keeping the Vajra core intact, I think, until he found himself staring down the barrel of a Macross Cannon and decided it was a lost cause.
Closed Thread