AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series

Notices

Old 2009-09-13, 17:12   Link #1021
Master Assassin
Portable Dude Mk. II
*Artist

Location: All ghillied up spying on someone ~2,000 yards away using telescope sights.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Deathkillz View Post
Spoiler for :
By Minato do you mean Mino-san? I can't recall there's a "Minato" in this series, but only "Mino Minorikawa."

Well, he'll really be single forever unless he can get over his fixed preference of big boobs

But then again I suppose he's near his 40s so... you get the drift

--- This line over here is a placeholder. ----
Master Assassin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-09-13, 18:16   Link #1022
Yu Ominae
ARCAM Spriggan agent

Send a message via Yahoo to Yu Ominae
The anti-Snakes task force was interesting. But Canaan dealt with Delta Force quite quick.

Interesting that Natsume called in for Task Force 124. Reminds me of Modern Warfare 2:

Players too are quite interesting:

1st SFOD-D, C Company
24th Special Tactics Squadron
160 SOAR, 1st Battalion, C Company

The last two episodes (10/11) went Resident Evil. Impressed too with the English-speaking VAs for the DF operators.

And yeah, Hakko at the ending was creepy.

Even if we were at odds with each other, I still thank you for training me, Instructor Bowman - Yu Ominae, reflecting on Bowman's death after killing him in Phantom Island
Yu Ominae is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-09-13, 20:38   Link #1023
orion
Waiting for more taiyuki!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Satch View Post
I half-agree with that statement.

Alphard is an excellent villain to me because I don't understand her. I don't have an exact clue as to why she acts the way she does. Lots of villains are just whiners with a grudge against the world, but I'm not sure what she's doing. I'm glad that she doesn't show up so much because the mystery would be gone.
Totally agree. Alphard is a fine wine to complement a meal.

She shows up and moves the plot ahead and then vanishes into the sunset without getting injured.

Liang will always have a special place but Alphard is the best.

Sad to see you go, Liang.

Last edited by orion; 2009-09-13 at 20:49.
orion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-09-13, 20:51   Link #1024
Noe
HARDCORE Fate addict™

Send a message via AIM to Noe Send a message via MSN to Noe
R.I.P. Liang Qi.

ALL HAIL FATE T. HARLAOWN!
#Feitoism @ irc.rizon.net to revere, share, and cherish Fate Testarossa Harlaown.
My blog
Noe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-09-13, 21:05   Link #1025
Yu Ominae
ARCAM Spriggan agent

Send a message via Yahoo to Yu Ominae
Seems that Cummings gave a mercy killing to Liang Ji in order to "help" her.

I salute Cummings for having the guts to do it.

PS - One of the Delta Force operators is voiced by Charles Glover. Anyone familiar with him?

Even if we were at odds with each other, I still thank you for training me, Instructor Bowman - Yu Ominae, reflecting on Bowman's death after killing him in Phantom Island
Yu Ominae is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-09-13, 21:23   Link #1026
Ascaloth
I don't give a damn, dude

Quote:
Originally Posted by Satch View Post
What I want to know is exactly why Siam replaced Canaan-1 with Despair-Canaan... and how exactly does Alphard feel about Canaan? It's almost like she's... teaching Canaan how to be a better soldier. If only we could make out what Siam and Alphard have in common so we could discern what light brown means. Guess we'll have to wait until next episode.
....fuck. This just lit a speculation light bulb in my head with regards to how this series is going to end.

Basically, part of how the entire story is going to wrap up at the end was....Alphard was never intending to kill Canaan. She was doing exactly as you're saying here; to make Canaan a better soldier. But why would Alphard be doing Canaan such a favour if she wanted to kill the latter in the beginning?

Because she's just continuing Siam's training all alone. But she killed Siam! But sure she did; it's keikaku doori, just the way Siam wanted it. Have Alphard kill him to ignite Canaan's hatred towards her, then have Alphard beat up on Canaan several times to teach her that hatred gets her nowhere, then when Canaan's finally wised up completely, the penultimate gunfight between her and Alphard is her graduation thesis.

Canaan kills Alphard; it's her graduation thesis. She's the perfect soldier. Keikaku doori.

Ascaloth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-09-13, 22:44   Link #1027
Excorsism

If Mino had a more conspicuous role... oh well, he's still awesome.
Old 2009-09-13, 23:00   Link #1028
Mizuno
Undefined

Send a message via MSN to Mizuno
I have a feeling Cummings isn't dead yet.

He'll probably show up near the end taking revenge on Canaan and Alphard for indirectly killing his beloved master... all forms of love that has been displayed so far have been pretty twisted. Love is a "troublesome" thing indeed according to Alphard, it seems to drive people into insanity.
Mizuno is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-09-13, 23:01   Link #1029
germanturkey
Udon-YAAAAAAAA

wow. this was an epic episode. from start to finish, it was edgy and delivered on all levels.

Alphard's "my name was Canaan.."
Liang the entire episode
Canaan's short fight scene
Hakko's way of going out
Cummings finally uses the balls he grew last ep in this one

seems like next time we get background info? i hope so. there's a lot i want to know about the backstory.
germanturkey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-09-13, 23:47   Link #1030
Spags
Computer Programmer

Send a message via AIM to Spags Send a message via MSN to Spags
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mizuno View Post
I have a feeling Cummings isn't dead yet.

He'll probably show up near the end taking revenge on Canaan and Alphard for indirectly killing his beloved master... all forms of love that has been displayed so far have been pretty twisted. Love is a "troublesome" thing indeed according to Alphard, it seems to drive people into insanity.
I have an interesting twist for Alphard's death, assuming she dies which I don't see happening but if it did this is how i would imagine it, being Canaan not able to pull the trigger and Cummings coming in and doing it in revenge for Liang.

"You have your way, I have my way, as for the right way, the correct way, it does not exists."
Spags is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-09-14, 00:08   Link #1031
Satch
Synesthete

Quote:
Basically, part of how the entire story is going to wrap up at the end was....Alphard was never intending to kill Canaan. She was doing exactly as you're saying here; to make Canaan a better soldier. But why would Alphard be doing Canaan such a favour if she wanted to kill the latter in the beginning?

Because she's just continuing Siam's training all alone. But she killed Siam! But sure she did; it's keikaku doori, just the way Siam wanted it. Have Alphard kill him to ignite Canaan's hatred towards her, then have Alphard beat up on Canaan several times to teach her that hatred gets her nowhere, then when Canaan's finally wised up completely, the penultimate gunfight between her and Alphard is her graduation thesis.

Canaan kills Alphard; it's her graduation thesis. She's the perfect soldier. Keikaku doori.
To be honest, I think that the light brown color that Siam and Alphard have in common might be in reference to this teaching thing that they have going on. And for even more food for thought:

Spoiler for Alphard:
Satch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-09-14, 00:17   Link #1032
kk2extreme
Your wife is hot...

hakko is so awesome in this ep

for some strange reason, her action is turning me on
kk2extreme is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-09-14, 03:21   Link #1033
asena

Why of all places would Cummings shoot Liang in the lower back? O.o

"I'm not gonna put her out of her misery just yet, I'll let her suffer a little bit more just so she can tell me she loves me"
asena is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-09-14, 03:30   Link #1034
Shiroth
Beautiful fighter.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spags View Post
I have an interesting twist for Alphard's death, assuming she dies which I don't see happening but if it did this is how i would imagine it, being Canaan not able to pull the trigger and Cummings coming in and doing it in revenge for Liang.
If any of that happens, it'll be after this scene.

Old 2009-09-14, 08:24   Link #1035
Estavali
物語は、もう、おしまい……?

Ahhhhh, episode 11 is so satisfying.

I must say I totally enjoyed the way Liang died. It's interesting to see how her delusions effectively paved the way to her destruction, resulting in an end that is imho very much of her own doing. To be fair, of course, perhaps Alphard did set her up on the plank, but imho she herself walked it with glee, until she fell off and realised that the only things waiting for her were ravenous piranhas.

And Cummings shows how awesome he really is again, even more so than that confrontation on the helicopter. Go you, Mr Cummings >=3.

Spoiler for This is a rant. You might not want to read it, especially if you think you love Liang Qi as much as she thinks she loves Alphard =3:

Signature by liro
Estavali is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-09-14, 08:28   Link #1036
Belum_nabum
Banned

Post Episode 11

Episode answered my expectations of Liang Qui's death and moreover I am totally at the necro shit of Hakko. I get the situation but real life shit like that is BAD! Point being that it is a serious mental illness of some people.

Natsume's real name is finally revealed. The drugs that Liang took makes me wonder if she woulb be another CANAAN if she had the Ua virus.

Liang and Alphard fight was great. CANAAN against those soldiers WAS EXCELLENT!

BLACK HAWK ATTACK WAS EXCELLENT! I found it great! Like this type of stuff! Rocket and cannon fire AWAY!

Hakko was nice here and properly censored.

Liang Qui's death WAS SUITABLE! As they say a gruesome death to a gruesome character that she has!
Spoiler for ff:

OH HAKKO! WTF! NECROPHILIA! WTF JAPAN! Stop making viewers fucked up more than necessary!
Spoiler for as:

This was another cool thing of orders being sent to Special OPS! I LIKED IT!
Spoiler for aa:
Belum_nabum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-09-14, 08:45   Link #1037
Serpit

Why does no one seem to talk about...

Spoiler for No love:
Serpit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-09-14, 08:50   Link #1038
Shiroth
Beautiful fighter.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Serpit View Post

Spoiler for No love:
It looked more like the flames would set the clone on fire, aka death.
Old 2009-09-14, 09:07   Link #1039
Belum_nabum
Banned

Red face

Quote:
Originally Posted by Serpit View Post

Spoiler for No love:
I think is more like CLONE CANAAN=FAILURE! Else they would keep this going on. This is directly linked to mass production of biological weapons and we don't even know if this CANAAN is the original yet.

It could be that Alphard might be the original one.
Belum_nabum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-09-14, 09:11   Link #1040
Estavali
物語は、もう、おしまい……?

Makes you wonder what exactly is that lake though. Ice doesn't really catch fire and burn with bluish flames .

Signature by liro
Estavali is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
animage, type moon