AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired A-L > Hayate no Gotoku

Notices

Old 2010-03-13, 03:04   Link #6081
AdventSleeper

I think as others have said for now Athena should go out of the picture as her going back with Hayate to Japan would kind of bring up issues with the other girls.. already deciding a definite partner for him now would for me change this series a whole lot.

I'm a very big fan of hayate and athena though and hope she wouldn't be out forever, but appear sometime later in the series.
AdventSleeper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-03-13, 03:42   Link #6082
Jiraya2

IMO, there is no way A-Tan will not be back sooner or later.
There is ONE giant reason for that: to defeat the final boss, her powers are needed.
Mikado was and is playing with everybody like puppets, and it is clear for me his powers are something to be scared.
Moreover, A-Tan is the character who knows Maria's past and there is not a single chance the action will not take place one time again in the Royal Garden. And for that, A-tan must be here.

If I had to make a bet, I would say Hayate is not going to confess to A-Tan but he will invite her to Nagi's place ("You do not have any house anymore, so come with me! Ojou-sama is a very nice girl!").
I would like something like, when A-Tan will be looking at Nagi; "Oh, she is only a CHILD! I worried for NOTHING! I have got a good idea: let's adopt her, Hayate!"
It would be fun if A-Tan was not considering Nagi as a rival, but instead only looks at the other girls, who are quite a lot!
Jiraya2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-03-13, 03:44   Link #6083
zibi88

Quote:
Originally Posted by AmIaNeRd View Post
I think as others have said for now Athena should go out of the picture as her going back with Hayate to Japan would kind of bring up issues with the other girls.. already deciding a definite partner for him now would for me change this series a whole lot.
the main issue here is that manga is already takeing long... and I dont see much of new stuff to draw that were not used by the author already..... what go back to japan like nothing happened and continue the peacefull life filled with comedy....... seriously im not native to expect soemthing like that becouse its impossible.... now hayate might suffer of parting with athena after he waited soooo logn for her.... and what after 1night puff 10years of waiting and no girlfriend go to shit.... seriosuly cutting out athena like that is just wrong

If she had no bigger role here than why the hell hata created her and the whole end of world arc if he was goting to toss her aside like that after such effort from hayates side...

personaly I think that cutting her out now will be even more devasteteing in result at the end....the "bring an issue with other girls".... so what now hayate will get even more along with the girls and at the end of series athena reapears and hell gets lose... it would be more human to make her stay in Japan and allow her witness hayates getting along with "lots" of girls.... so not only girls would develop but Athena herself would gain some knowlage and she herself would have to work hard to get hayates feelings (and not I was first so he is mine)

anyway there is still hope... I mean at the end athena says goodbye and im glad I was able to meet you again.... while hayte is kinda shocked and goes all "Eh !"
so here is a possibility that he will tell her to come becouse he doesnt want her to be alone or something..... so she tags along or she says that she will come to japan later...... so kinda all girls would gain development... and the best will win at the end....... since its kinda unfair that Nagi has huge ammount of money (I guess athena will call mikado to cancel the deal of destroying stones since hayate did not break the rule which says mistress destroying the stone XD) so she can afford stuff that normal people cant so hayate is happy..... while other girls like Ayumu or Hina as kinda poor dotn stand a chance here....

so for me it would be better if there were love rivals like rich vs rich + poor vs poor ^^ Nagi vs Athena and Ayumu vs Hina..... in order to get hayate..... it would be good if nagi had another super rich rival... that would show that money alone is not enought ^^ (so nagi would develop more... since there is older,cuter,richer,better body and super smart girl that wants hayate for herself :P so a powerfull enemy)
zibi88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-03-13, 04:02   Link #6084
leoblack9
Your fagottry, I hate it!

So do I sense a 10-30 chapter long comedy cooldown arc? Seems that Hata wants to go back to light hearted stuff I suppose.

Though I wouldn't want HnG to become a 500+ chapter long (with like only 100+ serious chapters) comedy fest (which tends to be boring now).
Old 2010-03-13, 09:25   Link #6085
Used Can

Quote:
Originally Posted by leoblack9 View Post
Though I wouldn't want HnG to become a 500+ chapter long (with like only 100+ serious chapters) comedy fest (which tends to be boring now).
Well, HnG was a comedy-fest for a bit more than 160 chapters, since it is a comedy manga. Serious chapters like these are atypical (even if this arc was quite long). In fact, many people even argue that the serious chapters seem force. Personally, even if I have enjoyed these serious chapters more than the other ones, I cannot say those claims have no basis. So, Hata going back to comedy is not odd at all.

I wouldn't mind if he starts switching now and then between comedy and serious chapters, thought.
Old 2010-03-13, 10:32   Link #6086
babohtea

Can speaks truth. Even though old old plot devices like Santa, Hayate's first girlfriend, Himegami and Hayate's brother resurfaced, remember that Hata was afraid the series wouldn't even last 100 chapters. I can say that a lot of these future developments were planned, but Hata might not have thought of using them until chapter 160+.

It all depends on fan letters. If it turns out that pure comedy is more popular, Hayate might as well continue as it has been. There's also a chance that Hata wants to try something new; he'll either switch HnG to something more serious or he'll finish funny-HnG and start a new series. We'll see.
babohtea is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-03-13, 12:42   Link #6087
aldw

Reading Negima, Akamatsu alternated both the serious and comedic elements at certain points, Hata doing something similar makes good sense plotwise.
aldw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-03-13, 14:29   Link #6088
AdventSleeper

Yep, I do like it like this too, gives a lighthearted feeling for me yet I also get the good part of a moving storyline.. unlike some series I knew *cough* to-love-ru *cough*
Old 2010-03-13, 18:43   Link #6089
LeaD36
LeaDfactor

Send a message via MSN to LeaD36
so i finally caught up with the latest 100 chapters of this manga. I must say, i loved the first season of the anime for all the laughs and giggles it got out of me, the second season was rather meeeh, but okay.

So i read "The End of the World" Chaps in advance, and besides ch 264 i´m kinda content with how things developed. The serious tone is refreshing compared to the usual comedy and bits of romance hayate tends to have like every second week, albeit being totally oblivious to it most of the time.
So what´s going to happen to Nagi?
Cross shaped scar = Shiranui lmao? Good thinking, and an extremely nice plot-element twist that was introduced earlier on right there. This might actually give the overall story a nice cohesion.
In one of the more recent chapters there was something about Chiharu and Nagi that´s supposed to happen to them, so i´m wondering what that´ll be?
And Nagi´s mom got into the Royal Garden, figures. A woman loved by the gods =/
Will Yukiji get confessed to by the Gundam Teacher after that speech ?
What´ll happen to A-tan and Hayate´s relationship? How will it effect Hamster and Hina? I´m smelling some serious Yuri vibes! Poor Miki-chan always tried so hard, yet she didn´t get closer to Hina <.<
Might Sakuya be falling for Machina?
And wtf has Himegami to do with the entire story? His name keeps randomly popping up and everything. Give the fellow some goddamn paneltime, or even an arc or 2.

So many questions, but i hope Hata won´t return to the lame comedy-only arcs. I´d love to have a more or less serious plot with comedic elements though!

HnG is still way up there in my fav manga list =/
LeaD36 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-03-14, 00:45   Link #6090
AdventSleeper

To answer your question about himegami..

I think his importance was that he was Nagi's butler before Hayate, so the connection between him and Hayate is sort of shown there. I think something happened and he left/got fired but to me Himegami's fate with nagi makes you wonder what Hayate will do. Will he really stay with Nagi and protect her forever as her butler or will he someday leave her behind (for another girl maybe?.. hmm )?
Old 2010-03-14, 00:50   Link #6091
Bastion_Arcion
*boot to the head*

Send a message via AIM to Bastion_Arcion Send a message via MSN to Bastion_Arcion
Quote:
Originally Posted by AmIaNeRd View Post
To answer your question about himegami..

I think his importance was that he was Nagi's butler before Hayate, so the connection between him and Hayate is sort of shown there. I think something happened and he left/got fired but to me Himegami's fate with nagi makes you wonder what Hayate will do. Will he really stay with Nagi and protect her forever as her butler or will he someday leave her behind (for another girl maybe?.. hmm )?
While we don't know Himegami's personality, or why he left Nagi's employment, Hayate has promised his unending service as Nagi's protector. If he ever chooses a girl other than Nagi, Nagi will be needed to accept it or he won't have the relationship. No matter how much he might want it.

Would people quit throwing my faith in humanity being intelligent a shovel?
... Apparently there are now people in existence who are unable to use a shovel.

Programming today is a race between programmers trying to create better idiot-proof programs, and the world creating better idiots.
The world is winning.. by leaps and bounds.

Body Language and Intonation can convey large amounts of information with a single word.
Bastion_Arcion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-03-14, 02:08   Link #6092
babohtea

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bastion_Arcion View Post
While we don't know Himegami's personality, or why he left Nagi's employment, Hayate has promised his unending service as Nagi's protector. If he ever chooses a girl other than Nagi, Nagi will be needed to accept it or he won't have the relationship. No matter how much he might want it.
Himegami also promised to be with Nagi forever. I'm not exactly sure where, but I know it was referenced a couple of times. As of now, Nagi's relationship with Hayate needs some development even if it's not romantic; Nagi's real benefit to Hayate was her fortune, and she didn't even think anything of it.
Old 2010-03-14, 02:17   Link #6093
WhiteWings

I thought Himegami was forced out for betraying Nagi. I am not sure how deep the bond was between Nagi and her last butler considering that they seemed to be a good deal of friction between the two.

But the bottom line is there is a chance that Nagi might feel Hayate is leaving her just as Himegami did (though for different reasons) and Nagi certainly won't take it well even if Hayate claims that he will stay with her while at the same time say he'll be with another girl if that happens.

Either way, after all that has been going on Athena should stay around for some time at least to keep things interesting. Putting real life logic in manga or anime isn't always feasible but if that girl just drops out of the picture completely for even just a little while just after all that chaos... well then I can say for sure that the manga is going to go nowhere.

Let her stick around for a while before even letting her go off for a bit to who knows where.
Old 2010-03-14, 02:22   Link #6094
babohtea

Quote:
Originally Posted by WhiteWings View Post
...*snip*
Not to disagree with your Himegami theory completely, but there are a couple of points that should be considered:

*Nagi was upset when Wataru mentioned Himegami quitting due to Nagi's selfishness; not angry, but more sad. It seems like it has some truth in it.
*Himegami, Athena, and Ojisan are all linked.
*Nagi definitely seems like the type of person who would say Himegami "betrayed" her when the situation was much more complex than that. For instance, Himegami may have been trapped, psychologically manipulated or maybe he faced a situation similar to Hayate's current one. All of these I can easily see Nagi responding with "YOU TRAITOR".
Old 2010-03-14, 05:43   Link #6095
Used Can

Quote:
Originally Posted by babohtea View Post
Himegami also promised to be with Nagi forever.
I think she was talking about Hayate in that scene. If you remember, when he travelled to the past, he told her he'd always protect her, but then he disappeared (i.e. he went back to the present).
Old 2010-03-14, 08:47   Link #6096
Ratsel Feinschmecker
Trombe!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Used Can View Post
I think she was talking about Hayate in that scene. If you remember, when he travelled to the past, he told her he'd always protect her, but then he disappeared (i.e. he went back to the present).
do not tell me that hayate is himegami

fu, nagi was talking about a certain butler leaving her and breaking that promise

it can be hayate, it can be himegami

who knows?
Ratsel Feinschmecker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-03-15, 05:18   Link #6097
Mentar
Banned

Okay, so - how are things going to develop from now on? Share your guesses and predictions!

It's not quite easy this time. If my gut feeling is correct, Hayate won't fight hard to bring Athena along. It's just how he operates, he's very much of an interpersonal retard ^_^;

I haven't read 264 yet, but - Hayate never confessed to Athena in any way, did he? I wonder if he'll manage to transcend the "I came to rescue you". But somehow, I worry that he won't, at least not in a really meaningful way.

If Athena doesn't return to Japan, the collision with Nagi will be avoided or at least postponed. We'll get a "you did what you wanted to do? Great! now let's return" kind of non-resolution and return. Nagi will not be aware of Athena or Hayate's feelings for her. The Nagi side of the arc will probably have 1-2 fun chapters first, and then switch to "aftermath of the broken stone".

Hina - I'm already laughing. I believe that she'll try to emotionally disentangle from Hayate, since in her mind, he made his choice. But I wouldn't be surprised if she'd have trouble shaking off her feelings, and I particularly expect her to become mad at Hayate for becoming "illoyal to Athena", very much like she was mad at him for being a playboy when she thought he was dating Ayumu. So, I suspect that her frustrating closet romance will resume

I do NOT expect her to break the news to Nagi, at least not consciously and not anytime soon. And she's the only one (sans Isumi, who wouldn't dabble in these issues in the first place) who knows the truth so far. I wonder if she'll tell Ayumu... probably yes, but will Ayumu ask the right questions?

That's my rough outline. What do you guys think?
Mentar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-03-15, 05:31   Link #6098
Game8910
Shanacon/Ariafag

any of your points could happen....at this stage Hata can create any kind of crazy plot out of this...

dammit my theory to make Athena be the one to give Nagi a place to live (temporary) is crumbling if Hayate doesnt stop her
Spring 2011 Impressions (part2)
Game8910 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-03-15, 09:54   Link #6099
Rah
Are you a lolicon? :3

Well, I can't help but agree to think your way, Mentar. They'll probably part ways. Though her expression on the last page looks really down, and her decision was really abrupt, Hayate... like you said.... is...

A moron.

Again, a recap of events in 264:

1. Hayate tells her that his brother is ok.
2. She's relieved to hear that.
3. Clock strikes midnight, and he remembers that he has to go back to Nagi.
4. She asks him about his relationship with Nagi.
5. He somewhat happily replies.
6. She sees the carefree / happy expression on his face.
7. He tells her that he has to go back.
8. She immediately connects the dots, and wants to stop him from leaving her.

And now the fun part...

She yells, "Hayate!", grabs him, but then she rethinks things over. She doesn't want to take his happiness away, she's still blaming herself that that's the only thing she ever does...

And so, she "quietly" tells him that they'll part ways.

I'll repeat this since it's fun to do so. Hayate must be a total imbecile not to understand the situation, not to at least guess why she's acting this way.

If he'd look her directly in the eyes and ask her if she really wants to do that, she'd probably break down. But he won't do that. Oh, no, no, no....

Right now, I believe that he'll go with the "promise" thing.

Like, he'll say...

"I just have to check up on Nagi, and I'll be right back. There's still something I have to tell you, so please wait for me."

YEAH, RIGHT!! She's not gonna wait!!

It's the typical ending where the girl leaves thinking it's best that way, and the innocent hero comes back searching for her only to find a note saying: "Dear Hayate, we've.. bla bla bla.... insert emo stuff here"

If you're not gonna stay with her, at least properly break up! Hata, decide already, dammit!

The only other path I see that's possible is something related to the ring, the Cinderella parody, his confession, etc... but they still won't end up together. Again, it ends with a "promise" to meet some other time. Perhaps after he's fulfilled his obligations to Nagi..?

*sigh*

Yeah, in short, no matter if he confesses or not, all I can see is it ending with a "promise" to meet again, or some other thing...

Promises, promises, promises.. dammit....

It's like he has to conclude his relationships with all the other characters before he can find true love. I don't see why Athena can't just join the others, and take part in the every day events, one way or another (make friends, cause misunderstandings, you know..). She'd be a fun addition, even though her relationship with Hayate would have to be placed on hold for things to work out that way (or is there a different solution?).

Ah, whatever....
Old 2010-03-15, 10:12   Link #6100
NaweG
Just some guy

Heck, I'm half expecting the next chapter to start with Hayate suddenly sitting up in his bed, realizing it was all a dream, but also realizing what he must do...

Tags
comedy, shounen