AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Current Series > Gundam

Notices

Old 2004-11-30, 00:16   Link #21
brightman
Ancient Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by srb
Double X page on MAHQ and Freedom page on MAHQ for easier lineart comparison.
I think it's not very wise to compare linearts, especially Okawara's, since they are not very proportional, nor are they very accurate as to how the suit really looks like.

However, if you compare the DX model and the Freedom model, they DO look different. DX is much bulkier than Freedom and Freedom is more slender and streamlined. They do have a similar pose, and certain features do look alike, but by large they are pretty different.
Old 2004-11-30, 00:46   Link #22
Scherazade
Asturian Guymelef

Quote:
Originally Posted by brightman
I think it's not very wise to compare linearts, especially Okawara's, since they are not very proportional, nor are they very accurate as to how the suit really looks like.

However, if you compare the DX model and the Freedom model, they DO look different. DX is much bulkier than Freedom and Freedom is more slender and streamlined. They do have a similar pose, and certain features do look alike, but by large they are pretty different.
If lineart is bad, then model kits are also pretty flimsy, but I suppose it depends on scale. If it's the 1/144th DX then it's inaccurate in comparison to the 1/144th HG Freedom. Model making tech is light years apart in the two kits. The 1/100th is a bit more fair, but models in general have their proportion problems, so I wouldn't really use them as a hard and fast base for comparison.

While I agree with you in general, for the purposes of this discussion the lineart will have to do. Otherwise we will be talking in circles by not using the same source material. Even in the animation a proportion can chage from one frame to the next to suit the movement of the suit[repetition of words not intended].

Quote:
Originally Posted by srb
It may just be me but I see little to no difference between the vents of Freedom and Double X. I don't see the "sunk in, thrust out" difference that you're emphasizing. Freedom does lack the launchers, but it also has, in the exact same position, the chest vulcans. Freedom does have a slightly longer torso though, as evidenced by the longer blue segment and Freedom is also a good meter taller than the Double X. From where I'm looking the launchers have absolutely nothing to do with the lines of the lower torso. Heck, it should really look the exact same as Freedom's (longer) so that more ammunition could be stored

My main point is that the differences that you point just aren't there from my point if view, so please explain how you see them.
By sunk, I mean that the vents are not pronounced. They look as though they are embedded into the armor. DX's look like they are outside of the armor. Although I just said that models are a bad reference point, compare the HGUC Gundam's chest vents to the FG Gundam's chest vents. First Grade kit HGUC kit do you see the difference in the chest vents? Same basic principle here.

DX's chest is also more narrow than Freedom's. Freedom is rather broad, but you are right about the chest guns.

That's about as much explaination as I can offer. If you still disagree, then you disagree; I can't elaborate more than what I've already said. No big deal.

Quote:
Originally Posted by srb
Don't know about that, I do see a similarity. I never said they were exact copies, my point was that they are similar even if there are design differences. Both of them look different from a traditional beam rifle but similar to each other. And now I thought of something and checked it out, and indeed, both of them stem from the F91 beam rifle. That little bugger sure is everywhere
Well, by that standard may as well throw in the RX-79 [G]'s beam rifle too.

Quote:
Originally Posted by srb
I did say "wee bit", didn't I?
I'm not really disputing you here, remember I was the first one to mention the Dreadnought/Wing comparison. I was just explaining my logic. I was talking to myself more than anyone else. I suppose that makes me insane...
Scherazade is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-11-30, 01:51   Link #23
srb
I can see time itself!

Send a message via MSN to srb
Quote:
Originally Posted by Scherazade
By sunk, I mean that the vents are not pronounced. They look as though they are embedded into the armor. DX's look like they are outside of the armor. Although I just said that models are a bad reference point, compare the HGUC Gundam's chest vents to the FG Gundam's chest vents. First Grade kit HGUC kit do you see the difference in the chest vents? Same basic principle here.
I can't access those pictures, but I'll take your word for it. It could be because of the colour differences between the upper torso though, couldn't it?

Quote:
DX's chest is also more narrow than Freedom's. Freedom is rather broad, but you are right about the chest guns.
Size differences aside, they are similar.

Quote:
That's about as much explaination as I can offer. If you still disagree, then you disagree; I can't elaborate more than what I've already said. No big deal.
Agreed.

Quote:
Well, by that standard may as well throw in the RX-79 [G]'s beam rifle too.
Well, 8th was released several years after F91 so I'll base it on the F91 rifle :P

Quote:
I'm not really disputing you here, remember I was the first one to mention the Dreadnought/Wing comparison. I was just explaining my logic. I was talking to myself more than anyone else. I suppose that makes me insane...
No, the others are just jealous because the voices won't talk to them
srb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-11-30, 01:58   Link #24
Scherazade
Asturian Guymelef

The pictures don't work for me either. Try these two:
HGUC Gundam
FG Gundam
Scherazade is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-11-30, 02:03   Link #25
srb
I can see time itself!

Send a message via MSN to srb
Alright, now I see what you mean and I agree somewhat but I'm also keeping in mind what I said about how that may just be a colour difference, but the most logical thing to assume is that it's an entire separate part that can be put into the torso and the Freedom's vents are a part of it.
srb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-11-30, 08:45   Link #26
duotiga
Zander Yuusha Kyorugold

Send a message via ICQ to duotiga Send a message via MSN to duotiga
just off topic for a while, do you all sense the colouring force impulse layout look almost( say 70%?) look almost like Zeta?

just realise it.......
duotiga is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-11-30, 09:19   Link #27
MakubeX2
うるとらぺど

Quote:
Originally Posted by duotiga
just off topic for a while, do you all sense the colouring force impulse layout look almost( say 70%?) look almost like Zeta?

just realise it.......
It has always been a tradition for the protagonist's G to be in red, white and blue after 0079..
MakubeX2 is offline   Reply With Quote