AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Current Series > Gundam

Notices

Old 2004-12-04, 20:07   Link #1
kuroitatsu
Über Alles

Send a message via AIM to kuroitatsu
Lacus clone thingy

something about that whole theory bothers me in two ways, one way in the story, i think that if they did do a clone you would kind of ruin the whole Kira/Lacus side story from Gundam Seed sense they built up that relation ship. Secondly what bothers me is that it doest seem like in the story that they have to technology to create an exact clone for example the Mwu and Rau thing, didnt they both grow up? So if you did choose to go by this logic that would mean that there would have to be two lacus' from thing beggining. I just think that it would kind of ruin that whole part from gundam seed to find out that the Lacus with Kira was really a clone or that there is a clone of Lacus.

(please mind the Rant)
kuroitatsu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-12-04, 20:14   Link #2
kuroitatsu
Über Alles

Send a message via AIM to kuroitatsu
does this clone thing bother anyone else?
kuroitatsu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-12-04, 20:56   Link #3
Sanjuronord
セクシーなパイロット

Quote:
Originally Posted by kuroitatsu
something about that whole theory bothers me in two ways, one way in the story, i think that if they did do a clone you would kind of ruin the whole Kira/Lacus side story from Gundam Seed sense they built up that relation ship. Secondly what bothers me is that it doest seem like in the story that they have to technology to create an exact clone for example the Mwu and Rau thing, didnt they both grow up? So if you did choose to go by this logic that would mean that there would have to be two lacus' from thing beggining. I just think that it would kind of ruin that whole part from gundam seed to find out that the Lacus with Kira was really a clone or that there is a clone of Lacus.

(please mind the Rant)
Last I heard it wasn't a clone but an impersonator...which is easily possible. Only question now is a motive. Seems stupid really, all that has to be done to prove it's a fake is for the real Lacus to show up. Or maybe that's the idea, to just get Lacus to come out from hiding so they can eliminate her before they move ahead with the war.
Sanjuronord is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-12-04, 23:01   Link #4
ironbomb

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sanjuronord
Last I heard it wasn't a clone but an impersonator...which is easily possible. Only question now is a motive. Seems stupid really, all that has to be done to prove it's a fake is for the real Lacus to show up. Or maybe that's the idea, to just get Lacus to come out from hiding so they can eliminate her before they move ahead with the war.

but that would require everyone from zaft and plant to know tat a fake lacus exists and i dont think thats true >.<
ironbomb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-12-05, 04:38   Link #5
Senien

Send a message via ICQ to Senien Send a message via AIM to Senien Send a message via MSN to Senien Send a message via Yahoo to Senien
I would say that their plan lies in attempting to possibly assassinate the real Lacus, and implement the clone as the new Lacus. She was obviously a pop culture icon in ZAFT, and even after being accused of committing traitorous acts was still revered to a degree. I'm guessing that if they can use the clone, or impersonater, to inspire the ZAFT nation once more, they'll have more motivation to do what they have to do. Using a singer to inspire troops into battle, lol. Robotech flashback anyone?
Old 2004-12-05, 15:00   Link #6
Hanbok
nahmoo

Quote:
Originally Posted by Senien
I would say that their plan lies in attempting to possibly assassinate the real Lacus, and implement the clone as the new Lacus. She was obviously a pop culture icon in ZAFT, and even after being accused of committing traitorous acts was still revered to a degree. I'm guessing that if they can use the clone, or impersonater, to inspire the ZAFT nation once more, they'll have more motivation to do what they have to do. Using a singer to inspire troops into battle, lol. Robotech flashback anyone?
Haha, so true.
Hanbok is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-12-05, 19:31   Link #7
kikko_s
What's in a name....?

Send a message via AIM to kikko_s
Quote:
Originally Posted by Senien
If she's just a device to get ZAFT and the Coordinators all riled up, then why is it that in that one shot in episode 7 it looks like Dullindal (the chairman) is deferring to the impersonator? If that's the case, then it's the other way around. The impersonator is using ZAFT and PLANT to her own plan.
kikko_s is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-12-05, 20:49   Link #8
JokerD

Maybe to let the 3rd faction run around and do all the peace work or attack the war maker/EA, then when their work is done or they become too popular, expose the fake to discredit the faction.
JokerD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-12-05, 22:16   Link #9
h22chen

or the "fake-lacus" is actually her twin?
h22chen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-12-05, 22:23   Link #10
mashimaro_boy

only thing fake is her breasts
mashimaro_boy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-12-05, 22:38   Link #11
Keith
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by mashimaro_boy
only thing fake is her breasts
maybe you are a fake too
Keith is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-12-05, 23:36   Link #12
Neaco
*Graphic Designer

All these clones are giving me headaches. If this keeps up it's gonna be Naturals vs Coordinators vs Clones.
Neaco is offline   Reply With Quote