AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired A-L > Aldnoah.Zero

Notices

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 2014-09-10, 11:42   Link #1921
Thess
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lhklan View Post
I would like to point out that Urobuchi rather loves the "winning using mundane methods" so Inaho's strategy in ep 3 - the one he's still involved, from what I remember - might not be that far from what he planned. And his protag might be calm in battle too, but I think he'll be more expressive off the battlefield.
I don't have information on Inaho (other than he's less smart and competent than the version we got), Slaine seems more emotionally poker face in his draft while getting beaten by Trillram. No traces of Cruhteo's hate on Doctor Troyard in the version we got either.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lhklan View Post
As for Rayet, well I don't know. Though I sincerely hope his plan didn't include a Mitsuzane for Aldnoah Zero. (which, in hindsight is probably impossible considering that the theme is "Lies")
Rayet was reported changed because they didn't want her so 'dark', iirc. If anyone had the super genius soldier was probably her and not Inaho.
__________________

"Who would understand you after I die? Who else would march forward by your side?"
Thess is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-09-10, 11:44   Link #1922
Lhklan
The Unpronounceable
 
 
Join Date: Apr 2012
Location: Clock Tower
Quote:
Originally Posted by Thess View Post
I don't have information on Inaho (other than he's less smart and competent than the version we got), Slaine seems more emotionally poker face in his draft while getting beaten by Trillram. No traces of Cruhteo's hate on Doctor Troyard in the version we got either.

Rayet was reported changed because they didn't want her so 'dark', iirc. If anyone had the super genius soldier was probably her and not Inaho.
... Maybe Inaho was supposed to be the emotional one while Slaine is the emotionless one? Would be a real shock if it was real
Lhklan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-09-10, 11:44   Link #1923
Spags
Computer Programmer
 
 
Join Date: Sep 2007
Location: New Jersey
Age: 29
Send a message via AIM to Spags Send a message via MSN to Spags
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fjoergyn View Post
wouldn't be surprised if Inaho goes through this whole show without suffering one defeat just because he is MC
MC is the Princess and both Slaine and Inaho complement who she is. Hes not the only MC. If anything this season feels like Slaine is the MC.

Quote:
Originally Posted by wisteria233 View Post
I don't know about anyone else, but I for one but I for one just find Inaho boring. With others I think its a combination of being tired of seeing him win, and want to see him lose and suffer a bit, or simply don't like him, since they perceive him to be a Gary Stu, and because of the bad writing. Can's say much about the Slaine hate though.
Then don't watch his scenes, skip to your Slaine love, stop brining this Inaho bullshit to every thread its annoying, both you and Tess litterally stick your wang in Slaine and pump him full of your excitement. Go there and enjoy all his glory? I like Slaine as a character just as much as I like Inaho, but reading you guys every thread makes me want to stop liking the dude. All your arguments for Slaine are why Inaho's story is far less superior not once do you actually talk about Slaine. Hell I can even make an argument that its not Slaine's story thats awesome but his Martian counter part cast that makes Slaine's story awesome, where Inaho's cast seems to fail in that regard some.

If what it takes for you to like a character is see them suffer I judge your type of character. There are tons of time to explore Inaho and I'm sure they will do it. You guys are bashing a story when the story isn't even completed yet... Like for real?

Quote:
Originally Posted by wisteria233 View Post
it would be boring
Then why are you watching this show and discussing it endlessly? If your expectation of it is to be boring go waste your time else where?

WE GET IT GUYS YOU DON'T LIKE INAHO's story congrats, lets move the hell on then, and start talking about why you like Slaine so much, but please leave that to Slaine's disscussion thread. This is genral not bash on character thread after all!
__________________

"You have your way, I have my way, as for the right way, the correct way, it does not exists."
Spags is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-09-10, 11:47   Link #1924
Thess
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lhklan View Post
... Maybe Inaho was supposed to be the emotional one while Slaine is the emotionless one? Would be a real shock if it was real
I wouldn't say he was emotionless, because he was lamenting the situation of the planets and was empathetic about it, but it would make more sense if someone who had been enduring abuse for years would have to put a mask around everyone hostile. I know nothing of Gen's Inaho's personality because I couldn't find a page about it and most people focused on other characters of the episode, but I read he's nowhere as overpowered. I know that, despite the first three episodes used his draft, the draft was changed by Aoki Ei in the final version.

From what I heard, Rayet prototype seems more like that? I would have preferred if she was part of the assassination group, personally. It makes her more important than just related to it.
__________________

"Who would understand you after I die? Who else would march forward by your side?"
Thess is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-09-10, 11:48   Link #1925
Spags
Computer Programmer
 
 
Join Date: Sep 2007
Location: New Jersey
Age: 29
Send a message via AIM to Spags Send a message via MSN to Spags
Quote:
Originally Posted by wisteria233 View Post
I'm not rebutting your arguments because I mostly agree with you, or I don't want to get into it.

Also about the generalized training the evidence is there from episode 1, if you can't see it for yourself then you're not paying attention. However, if you want to say that they have anymore training beyond that, then the burden of proof is on you, since the characters made no mention of it, claiming that a character has special training would go beyond the information established and that is your duty to prove it, because you're the one whose trying to claim it.
I can provide you with a direct quote for the episode, where Nina talks of her score in "Piloting Class" you haven't provided me proof. You say the evidence is in episode 1 but all I see in episode 1 is them actually going to military type classes for school instead of an actual classroom with lecture boards. And Lt. Marito talking about the students partake in this military training to eventually add them as combatents in the upcoming war?!?!?! Please provide me your evidence because I'm asking for it :]
__________________

"You have your way, I have my way, as for the right way, the correct way, it does not exists."
Spags is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-09-10, 12:03   Link #1926
wisteria233
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Dec 2008
Location: New York, NY
Quote:
Originally Posted by Spags View Post
Then don't watch his scenes, skip to your Slaine love, stop brining this Inaho bullshit to every thread its annoying, both you and Tess litterally stick your wang in Slaine and pump him full of your excitement. Go there and enjoy all his glory? I like Slaine as a character just as much as I like Inaho, but reading you guys every thread makes me want to stop liking the dude. All your arguments for Slaine are why Inaho's story is far less superior not once do you actually talk about Slaine. Hell I can even make an argument that its not Slaine's story thats awesome but his Martian counter part cast that makes Slaine's story awesome, where Inaho's cast seems to fail in that regard some.
Here's the thing though, even when the scenes focus on Inaho side, Inaho isn't the focus, everyone else around him is, so him being boring is offset by that simple fact. Also I for one find Asselyum and Rayet to be interesting, and to see they're going to go.

Also when I have ever bring up Slaine in any of my comments, that you're quoting?

Quote:
If what it takes for you to like a character is see them suffer I judge your type of character. There are tons of time to explore Inaho and I'm sure they will do it. You guys are bashing a story when the story isn't even completed yet... Like for real?
Since when is not showing extreme fanaticsm for a character considered bashing? I think that the story isn't well written, because thus far it hasn't been, there are only two episodes, but the last two episodes being decent won't change the fact that the previous 7 episodes were lack luster.

Having a well written part two will not increase the quality of part one.
Quote:
Then why are you watching this show and discussing it endlessly? If your expectation of it is to be boring go waste your time else where?
Because he's not the only MC so his blandness is offset by every other character around him being infinitely more interesting. Also the question I was answering was "What if the show focused solely on Inaho?" and I answered it, it would be boring, and its true. Besides the mecha battles, Inaho isn't connected to the main plot, by following only Inaho we the viewers would have been locked out of the loop, stuck in the Duecalion with high school hijincks and the occasional mecha battle until episode 10.

Quote:
WE GET IT GUYS YOU DON'T LIKE INAHO's story congrats, lets move the hell on then, and start talking about why you like Slaine so much, but please leave that to Slaine's disscussion thread. This is genral not bash on character thread after all!
Character discussion =/= bashing, you can't discuss a character by only talking about their strong points, especially if they have a plethora of negative ones.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spags View Post
I can provide you with a direct quote for the episode, where Nina talks of her score in "Piloting Class" you haven't provided me proof. You say the evidence is in episode 1 but all I see in episode 1 is them actually going to military type classes for school instead of an actual classroom with lecture boards. And Lt. Marito talking about the students partake in this military training to eventually add them as combatents in the upcoming war?!?!?! Please provide me your evidence because I'm asking for it :]
Sweetie that's not proof, all that proves is that they have a general piloting class at school, the same class that we saw the kids take in episode one. So this isn't proving your point, just the opposite, because this was a part of establishing the world the kids lived in, and their normality. Case in point the characters don't treat it as an abnormality, try again.
wisteria233 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-09-10, 12:03   Link #1927
gunner56
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Jul 2014
Location: USA
Quote:
Originally Posted by Spags View Post
Then why are you watching this show and discussing it endlessly? If your expectation of it is to be boring go waste your time else where?
Forgive me if I'm wrong, I think wisteria233 was replying to the 'recap episode' that I discussed would be boring, not the show.

Then again, I do not fully grasp this current conversation and each person's position in it. The walls of text are bad for my eyes , so I only scam through it.
__________________
FGO ID: [JP] Mike - 384,848,033; [NA] Michael - 447,119,031
gunner56 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-09-10, 12:08   Link #1928
renuac
Senior Member
 
Join Date: May 2014
Location: In a clattering of jackdaws
Quote:
Originally Posted by Thess View Post
I'm not ignoring anything. Lelouch and L-Elf had good narrative reasons to be who they are and balanced their competence from lacking something deeply. Lelouch was show as a genius, son of a family of geniuses and conquerors since the beginning. L-Elf was a child soldier who was a member of an elite army squad group who had a high military ranking at his age since introduction. Lelouch was a poor fit physically and didn't pilot to balance his strategy genius; L-Elf was kept from piloting the Valvrave (and any robot even if he was the obvious superior pilot) in the show to balance him plus his people's skills were atrocious until the very end (cd drama) that he's learning... so atrocious Saki called on him in that cd drama about how he can't communicate and this generated problems to them.

Inaho's an "ordinary high school student" without any background or special backstory to support his valuable asset card. In fact, he lacks the flaws and challenges those two characters have (and any sort of charisma which also played in how they wormed themselves a place) yet he's obeyed and followed unquestionably for no reason. L-Elf didn't count with help until episode 8 and even then, he didn't gain everyone's trust until the Earth mission in season 2. Lelouch had his low and ups including betrayal within his faction. Neither Lelouch nor L-Elf counted with support as easily as Inaho since the beginning. Any opposition he had was dismissed immediately. He can also do anything: he can pilot the robot, he can get a group of friends despite his "personality" and their blind trust.

No offense, but your examples are poorly chosen and I find offensive to compare two beloved characters with you know who.
It sounds as though you have a distinct preference for flamboyant, over-the-top characters with grandiose ambitions and ludicrously tragic or melodramatic pasts. I suppose that goes a long way towards explaining your oddly rabid hostility towards a more understated character.


Quote:
Originally Posted by wisteria233 View Post
I don't think its the problem of the other cast needed to make Inaho shine less, its the problem that none of them should have been written that way in the first place. Inaho should not have been written to be great at everything and the others especially the adult characters who have more experience and training than Inaho, shouldn't have been written to be so incompetent. Its sad but outside of battles they seem there to make Inaho's side seem more interesting, and it seems as though they overcompensated for that by making Inaho great at everything.
I definitely agree with you that it's a shame that Inaho's classmates are given so little development. As for Inaho's unusual degree of competence, yes, it certainly is very high. And he is so well-rounded in all things even vaguely combat-related that it stretches credibility. But does it do so more than the characters Thess defended above? All three of them received training to prepare for probable future conflicts. All three of them clearly had a natural aptitude for warfare. None of them win all their fights alone. In each of these cases, the writers gave in-universe explanations for the characters' level of competence. I have no more problem suspending disbelief in Inaho's case than I do in Lelouche's (never did watch much of Valvrave). He grew up in a world that was preparing its citizens for their next major conflict. He received military training that he actually paid attention to. And, as Spags pointed out, he is constantly seeking to improve his knowledge. That seems like a pretty good basis to build on.

As for the adults, it's worth pointing out that actually, no, nobody has more experience fighting than Inaho. Because apparently pretty much nobody except Marito survived the last war - notice how young all the Kat pilots are? Or Darzana, for that matter. While training during the previous fifteen years was apparently just about as effective as learning to man the Maginot Line was before WW2.

And even Marito had very little experience against a Martian Kataphract: by the time they took down Trillram, Inaho, Inko, Calm, Rayet and Asseylum had more experience fighting Martians than anyone on the planet. Preparation, good judgement and a lot of luck allowed them to survive that first fight, and keep on surviving from there. Is it plausible? Probably not. But it's plausible enough within the context of a story that involves ancient extraterrestial technology that activates after rewriting a person's genetic code.

I actually have more of a problem with the apparent lack of staff for the bridge. Why on earth are Nina and co. even piloting the Deucalion?
renuac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-09-10, 12:16   Link #1929
gunner56
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Jul 2014
Location: USA
Quote:
Originally Posted by renuac View Post
I actually have more of a problem with the apparent lack of staff for the bridge. Why on earth are Nina and co. even piloting the Deucalion?
Perhaps, they do have a lack of staff, like you said. Personnel are where they are needed most. Just speculation, though.
__________________
FGO ID: [JP] Mike - 384,848,033; [NA] Michael - 447,119,031
gunner56 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-09-10, 12:20   Link #1930
Thess
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Quote:
Originally Posted by renuac View Post
It sounds as though you have a distinct preference for flamboyant, over-the-top characters with grandiose ambitions and ludicrously tragic or melodramatic pasts. I suppose that goes a long way towards explaining your oddly rabid hostility towards a more understated character.
Nah. I have a preference towards well written characters and not badly written ones.
__________________

"Who would understand you after I die? Who else would march forward by your side?"
Thess is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-09-10, 12:24   Link #1931
wisteria233
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Dec 2008
Location: New York, NY
Quote:
Originally Posted by renuac View Post
As for the adults, it's worth pointing out that actually, no, nobody has more experience fighting than Inaho. Because apparently pretty much nobody except Marito survived the last war - notice how young all the Kat pilots are? Or Darzana, for that matter. While training during the previous fifteen years was apparently just about as effective as learning to man the Maginot Line was before WW2.
I mean that they're older, and have probably went through the same training as well, I guess what I'm trying to say is that I would like it better if it was a team effort.

Quote:
I actually have more of a problem with the apparent lack of staff for the bridge. Why on earth are Nina and co. even piloting the Deucalion?
I just assumed that most of the staff died, or maybe the Deucalion just needs more people to pilot it?
wisteria233 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-09-10, 12:52   Link #1932
vieri32
Banned
 
Join Date: Nov 2013
Location: Brazil
Quote:
Originally Posted by wisteria233 View Post
I mean that they're older, and have probably went through the same training as well, I guess what I'm trying to say is that I would like it better if it was a team effort.



I just assumed that most of the staff died, or maybe the Deucalion just needs more people to pilot it?
Interesting, so if I study, I devote more than the others I can not stand me? The people who work hard and always study stand out more than those who play.
in their view that they can not work out?
If I play guitar in a musical group and practice every day and try to improve myself. While other mesbros, apena play, it is natural that I highlighted more than others.
It is natural that engaged more, study more and work harder, to excel over others
vieri32 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-09-10, 12:55   Link #1933
renuac
Senior Member
 
Join Date: May 2014
Location: In a clattering of jackdaws
Quote:
Originally Posted by gunner56 View Post
Perhaps, they do have a lack of staff, like you said. Personnel are where they are needed most. Just speculation, though.
That makes sense. In the fight against Vlad, the bridge was fully staffed and then suddenly next episode the kids are pratically at the helm. It just struck me as a rather lazy way of having as many teenagers as possible involved in the fighting.
renuac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-09-10, 13:00   Link #1934
Darthtabby
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Perhaps I wasn't paying close enough attention, but Inaho kind of did strike me as an ordinary high school student character until he showcased his tactical genius in a big way in Episode Three. That's why I felt his turning out to be a tactical genius seemed out of the blue.

That being said, Inaho turning out to be a tactical super genius was about the best thing this show had going for it in the early episodes aside from the good production values.
Darthtabby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-09-10, 13:21   Link #1935
wisteria233
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Dec 2008
Location: New York, NY
Quote:
Originally Posted by vieri32 View Post
Interesting, so if I study, I devote more than the others I can not stand me? The people who work hard and always study stand out more than those who play.
in their view that they can not work out?
If I play guitar in a musical group and practice every day and try to improve myself. While other mesbros, apena play, it is natural that I highlighted more than others.
It is natural that engaged more, study more and work harder, to excel over others
When compared to those who have studied longer than you, and even have a professional career in said field, then, objectively you shouldn't have anymore knowledge than them.
wisteria233 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-09-10, 13:39   Link #1936
Mikethemaster
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Jun 2014
Location: Celebrating that Naruhina is cannon! :D Oh were I live Evansville Indiana
Quote:
Originally Posted by wisteria233 View Post
When compared to those who have studied longer than you, and even have a professional career in said field, then, objectively you shouldn't have anymore knowledge than them.
I am not about to get into Slaine vs Inaho debate, but come on dude almost all the higher ups in rank are just fodder to be kil the only ones who are semi-relevent are Marito or Darzana and Yuki-nee. Marito he has ptsd so he can't do anything, Darzana well shes captain and i don't think she can pilot a kat and Yuki well atless she go into battle. I guess you wanted a mature story with competant and complex characters but what you got was a summer blockbuster transformers movies anime. That why you shouldn't let the hype get to you. I personally think this a appitzer for the Fate Stay Night anime coming next month. Sorry if I upset you
Mikethemaster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-09-10, 13:41   Link #1937
wisteria233
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Dec 2008
Location: New York, NY
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mikethemaster View Post
I am not about to get into Slaine vs Inaho debate, but come on dude almost all the higher ups in rank are just fodder to be kil the only ones who are semi-relevent are Marito or Darzana and Yuki-nee. Marito he has ptsd so he can't do anything, Darzana well shes captain and i don't think she can pilot a kat and Yuki well atless she go into battle. I guess you wanted a mature story with competant and complex characters but what you got was a summer blockbuster transformers movies anime. That why you shouldn't let the hype get to you. I personally think this a appitzer for the Fate Stay Night anime coming next month. Sorry if I upset you
This isn't I'm speaking in general.
wisteria233 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-09-10, 13:41   Link #1938
Thess
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mikethemaster View Post
That why you shouldn't let the hype get to you. I personally think this a appitzer for the Fate Stay Night anime coming next month. Sorry if I upset you
Good me too (and the new Tomino Gundam).
__________________

"Who would understand you after I die? Who else would march forward by your side?"
Thess is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-09-10, 13:56   Link #1939
Mikethemaster
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Jun 2014
Location: Celebrating that Naruhina is cannon! :D Oh were I live Evansville Indiana
[QUOTE=wisteria233;5246566]This isn't I'm speaking in general.[/QU

Oh sorry i thought were talking about how the characters are protrayed..
Mikethemaster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-09-10, 14:00   Link #1940
Mikethemaster
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Jun 2014
Location: Celebrating that Naruhina is cannon! :D Oh were I live Evansville Indiana
Quote:
Originally Posted by Thess View Post
Good me too (and the new Tomino Gundam).
I am looking forward to Tomino Gundam series too hope it not kiddiefied from what i heard he want the kids to watch this. Yeah Fate is going to be awsome. Back on topic has Urobuchi concept for Inaho came yet by that i mean translated.
Mikethemaster is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Tags
mecha, sci-fi

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 00:17.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.11
Copyright ©2000 - 2018, vBulletin Solutions Inc.
We use Silk.