AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired M-Z > sola

Notices

View Poll Results: sola - Episode 6 Rating
Perfect 10 46 53.49%
9 out of 10 : Excellent 27 31.40%
8 out of 10 : Very Good 10 11.63%
7 out of 10 : Good 2 2.33%
6 out of 10 : Average 0 0%
5 out of 10 : Below Average 0 0%
4 out of 10 : Poor 0 0%
3 out of 10 : Bad 0 0%
2 out of 10 : Very Bad 0 0%
1 out of 10 : Painful 1 1.16%
Voters: 86. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old 2007-05-15, 07:52   Link #121
felix
sleepyhead
*Author

At Sky..
Ahh I see I see..
You mean to say that in the past Yorito was a Yoka like Matsuri, hence why he had that dark cloth while walking to the cave.. and that's why he's so in love with the sky now, because of what he feels for Matsuri.
(I was wondering why we saw no body)
Old 2007-05-15, 08:03   Link #122
nadare

Send a message via MSN to nadare
@freedom.. you have valid points, I've got nothing more to say.

Yorito cannot be a Yoka/Yaka. When he was walking towards the cave his hands is free from clothing and it was clearly exposed to sunlight.
Old 2007-05-15, 08:40   Link #123
PastPrime

Quote:
Originally Posted by FreedomMS View Post
well u can kind of say that matsuri temporary forgot yorito as when yorito say that his name is yorito matsuri kind of shock and when she was dreaming, the past yorito got exaclty the same appearance as the present.And we all noe that in this episode matsuri is shown to have grown some feeling for yorito.and personally think Aono and Yorito in the past was lover but in present when Aono say yorito is her brother Matsuri say it impossible as Yorito was Aono"s something but aono reply instantly hes her brother showing that yorito knew in the relationship between them and it clearly shown that they r not sibling
While I don't think it is the reason for what Matsuri said about Yorito, she could have been refering to the fact that Aono is several hundred years old and could not possibly have a little brother in this time.
Old 2007-05-15, 09:54   Link #124
Nemesis2124

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shiroth View Post
Episode nine's title opens up more possibilities, titled
Spoiler for Episode nine title:
Spoiler for spoiler for future episodes:
Old 2007-05-15, 10:41   Link #125
felix
sleepyhead
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by nadare View Post
Yorito cannot be a Yoka/Yaka. When he was walking towards the cave his hands is free from clothing and it was clearly exposed to sunlight.
The world in the show seems to be a cross between medieval Japan and medieval Europe.. (if not earlier) Hmm.. Or.....

It be its still our world..
But, was it normal for men in Japan to wear capes?!.. or really long cloths, and in summer out of all times.

Correct me if I'm wrong but I believe there was some anti-cristain movement in Japan, correct.. considering things like the church and so..
I wonder~

Quote:
Originally Posted by PastPrime View Post
While I don't think it is the reason for what Matsuri said about Yorito, she could have been refering to the fact that Aono is several hundred years old and could not possibly have a little brother in this time.
The is my brother isn't that strange if we were to think several hundred years ago she had some sort of brother complex, instead of a love affair. This would explain the friendliness towards Matsuri.

Mmm.. reading the translation it doesn't sound so, but if I listen to them.. mhh~
How possible is it for Matsuri's cut-short reply would have been: But he is.. gone.
Old 2007-05-15, 17:05   Link #126
Guido
Snobby Gentleman

The Blood Sacrifice

I should not had seen this episode while the sun was still very high in the sky. I got drowsy at the scenes involving Aono with Matsuri, but not due that they were boring but instead the voice tone for Mai Nakahara and Mamiko Noto in both Aono and Matsuri was so soothing, that my body started to fell into a deep relaxation and lethargy.

Since this would be the halfway episode, I am very glad for Aono to leave the hospital to return back to the house. Thankfully, we will get to see her background fully disclosed for the next couple of episodes ahead.

Spoiler:

Exactly what could have happened hundreds of years ago...
Spoiler:
Old 2007-05-15, 18:39   Link #127
orion
Waiting for more taiyuki!

Spoiler for Yorito:
Old 2007-05-15, 19:42   Link #128
Icerack

Spoiler for sola:
Old 2007-05-15, 19:57   Link #129
Kaoru Chujo
Yuuki Aoi

Quote:
Originally Posted by Icerack View Post
Spoiler for sola:
Interesting theory. One problem with part of it is that...
Spoiler for ep6:
YUUKI Aoi 悠木碧. b92.03.27 (age 29). 2008 Kurenai (Murasaki). 2009 Yumeiro Pâtissière (Ichigo), Kiruminzuu (Riko), Yutori-chan (Yutori-chan). 2010 Vampire Bund (Mina Tepeş), Shiki (Sunako), Samurai Girls (Juubee), Pokémon: Black and White (Iris). 2011 Madoka Magica (Madoka), Gosick (Victorique), A-Channel (Tooru). 2012 Symphogear (Hibiki). 2014 Pilot's Love Song (Claire/Nina), Nanatsu no Taizai (Diane). 2015 Owari no Seraph (Krul Tepes), Rokka no Yuusha (Fremy). 2016 Boku no Hero Academia (Tsuyu, Froppy). 2017 Kino no Tabi (Kino). 2021 Kumo desu ga (watashi), Kaizoku Oujo (Karin), Heike Monogatari (Biwa), etc., etc. Total of 513 roles in anime and games.
Old 2007-05-15, 22:27   Link #130
Telliamed
sensei no pet

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cats View Post
The world in the show seems to be a cross between medieval Japan and medieval Europe.. (if not earlier) Hmm.. Or.....

Correct me if I'm wrong but I believe there was some anti-cristain movement in Japan, correct.. considering things like the church and so..
I wonder~
I don't think the church is that significant. And I don't follow how you think there's a European connection.

The church represents safety. Holy ground is generally considered a place of sanctuary. Takeshi chasing Matsuri away from that safe place forebodes the eventual meeting of Matsuri and Aono, and facing the unresolved conflict between them.

It also looked pretty cool with those high-intensity lights blazing through stained-glass windows.

Since everyone is sharing their crazy theories, I've got one that'll really twist your mind around...
Spoiler for insane speculation:
Old 2007-05-15, 23:31   Link #131
Ascaloth
I don't give a damn, dude

It's about time someone compiled a list of speculations, along with the speculators credited for them, no?
Old 2007-05-15, 23:52   Link #132
Nemesis2124

@Telliamed
Honestly, that doesn't really sound all that insane. You've actually got something of a complete picture going there.

@Nobody in particular:

Plot aside for a second though, I'm more interested in the thematic side of things for this episode. Particularly the details on what makes a yaka a yaka. From what I gather they're pretty much humans that have been immersed in dark emotions. Immersed in it so much that it's pretty much integral to their being. Originally, I was assuming the whole "sunlight burns" thing to be typical undead creature cliche, but now, probably not. Whereas the darkness represents negative emotions, the light represents all the positive ones. And they can't exactly just switch sides either, being their stuck in something of an endless cycle where all they can do is fear their prospective loss of happy things and bask in their own loneliness (something this episode got across quite well I think). Thus positive things, like the sky for instance, are portrayed as objects of desire that inevitably cause pain.

Basically, it seems (at least on some level) that the issue can be traced to the mental states of the characters in question. Which brings me to the issue of a potential "cure" for the condition. Rather than some magic remedy, I'm kinda expecting something like a proverbial "pulled out of the darkness". And with Yorito being the center of attention, both in the past and present, he could very well end up being the one doing the pulling. And before anyone bites my head off, yes I'm aware that sounds like typical visual novel staple that some of us aren't so fond of, but I digress. Also some poster's speculation of a possible love triangle would complicate this idea further as, obviously, it's rather difficult to perpetuate a "feel good" situation for all parties when it comes to such things.

Anyways, just my ramblings.
Old 2007-05-16, 00:02   Link #133
FreedomMS
Sola FTW

i really like tellia theory epically the part abut yorito family being murder and mayuko happen to came
Old 2007-05-16, 00:22   Link #134
Nemesis2124

Oh, and also, Ascaloth was saying that Mayuko might not have the whole sun problem. If my previous speculation is somewhat accurate then that really makes a lot of sense to me. If she's only half-yaka, to the extent that her growth has been halted while not frying in the sun, one could attribute it to her unique situation perhaps. She was obviously fairly young when she was turned, which would indicate a childlike innocence of sorts. She's also not really suffering from that feeling of loneliness that plagues the others, being she's had Takeshi with her all this time. So her affinity with the darkness could be low enough where the sun doesn't effect her.

...or maybe he really did haul her around in that box. ^^;;
Old 2007-05-16, 00:28   Link #135
FreedomMS
Sola FTW

but then most of the time she seem only during at night@_@
Old 2007-05-16, 00:31   Link #136
Nemesis2124

Yeah, I'm not investing much in the idea until I see a bit more evidence.
Old 2007-05-16, 03:03   Link #137
Solace
(ノಠ益ಠ)ノ彡┻━┻

Good lord you people have some crazy theories! Makes for good reading and fun seeing how close everyone is to the "truth".

10/10? I dunno. I gave last episode a 10, but honestly every episode gets better and I find myself in a rare position of eagerly awaiting every new episode. It's nice to see some new faces around here though, seems interest is starting to pick up.
Old 2007-05-16, 03:34   Link #138
Telliamed
sensei no pet

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nemesis2124 View Post
@Telliamed
Honestly, that doesn't really sound all that insane.
Then I have failed.

Okay, how about this... Mayuko is actually an android. Aono is Matsuri's daughter. Takeshi is Yorito's father. And Mana is an undercover agent for a government organization trying to learn the secret of yakas. Koyori is her genetically-engineered esper sidekick.

Better?

I haven't ranked any of sola a 10 yet. It's early and I haven't been really shocked yet. Hopefully, I'm not over-anticipating, but it seems to me that the real heart of the story is still ahead.

And there's enough technical problems I can nit-pick on that prevent me from calling this "perfect". It's a shame really, because there are just as many details I can point to as being excellent.

Quote:
Originally Posted by FreedomMS View Post
i really like tellia theory ...
Old 2007-05-16, 03:58   Link #139
Nemesis2124

Eh, I think you'll be safe in that assumption. Considering the person writing the story, I'd expect the true "fun" to begin in the last 3rd.
Old 2007-05-16, 04:31   Link #140
FreedomMS
Sola FTW

well everyone noe aono can put her blood into those paper animal and make them do their bidding.. maybe she can do the same to yorito? prehap use the dead body and use alot of power to make him into a living doll or sew a dolllike yorito and use alot of blood/power to make him living as well
Closed Thread