AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Current Series > Gundam

Notices

Old 2004-11-30, 05:24   Link #1
Shinobi
Ninjitsu Newbie

GSD Anticipated Episode Count

I hate to be that guy that asks a question that has probably already been answered ten times, but I've been in the forum for three hours and haven't found a similiar question yet.

Anyway, does anybody know how many episodes GSD will probably run for? Will it be a full year show like GS? I just finished GS, and I'm excited to start watching GSD. Thanks!
Shinobi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-11-30, 05:43   Link #2
jonli
JONLIの憂'

The last time I heard, it's going to be the same as Seed.

50 episodes
jonli is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-11-30, 09:33   Link #3
ryogax

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shinobi
I hate to be that guy that asks a question that has probably already been answered ten times, but I've been in the forum for three hours and haven't found a similiar question yet.

Anyway, does anybody know how many episodes GSD will probably run for? Will it be a full year show like GS? I just finished GS, and I'm excited to start watching GSD. Thanks!
It will be 50 or more if they decided to add more..
It guarantee to be 50 like most of the Gundam series.
ryogax is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-11-30, 10:04   Link #4
ths1138

Japan has already listed a total of 13 DVDs for Seed Destiny, all at the same price. DVD 1 has already been released for preordering, and it's stated to have 4 episodes. This means that Destiny would have a maximum of 52 episodes (because Bandai/Sunrise typically do not have more than 4 episodes per DVD) and a minimum of 50 episodes (because having only 1 episode in the last DVD at the same price as the rest makes no sense. They've been known to lower prices of DVDs if it has much less episodes compared to the other volumes.).

Given Bandai/Sunrise's history of releasing DVDs, they will not have less than 4 episodes per DVD except the last DVD.

ths1138
ths1138 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-12-02, 06:36   Link #5
Shinobi
Ninjitsu Newbie

Started watching GSD, and so far it's pretty cool.

but oh man, with the pace at which Destiny is going, I should probably start worrying about how many years I'll be watching new SEED shows, rather than the episode count in Destiny. If GSD is even more popular than GS, it's probably gonna cause the storyline to be stretched out a lot more (don't blame them though). It basically took until the last few episodes in GS until you found out what SEED actually meant, and there is still no real explaination why people other than Kira have that little seed-thingie break when they are in desperate situations. Based on this, we probably won't find even find out what a newtype really is until New Gundam Seed Destiny^2 Type B Super Wing ZZ Century comes out in 2020. Anyway, sorry about the cynicism, I still look forward to watching a new episode each week!
Shinobi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-12-02, 09:10   Link #6
brightman
Ancient Member

Destiny seems to be getting two offweeks like SEED did. The first will be New Year's Day and the second (if the pattern from the last two years for that timeslot follows) during August. So it seems there'll indeed be 50 episodes.