AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Reviews & Recommendations

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 2006-08-24, 16:43   Link #41
Alex Ikari
Berserk Knight

Haha whoops, I guess I should have mentioned that I don't read manga. As far as reading goes, I prefer finding new series through watching Anime, and then reading Fanfiction to see further development. That's where I mostly read up on couples dating and whatnot since there's a lot of variety and my reviews for those types of stories can influence how they develop.

Uh, I kind of got lost in reading your post MamoruUsagi but I think you asked me which series I've watched where you could actually see the characters being a couple. Anyway, the only ones that I can think of are Hanbun no Tsuki ga Noboru Sora and Kimi ga Nozomu Eien. Hanbun no Tsuki ga Noboru Sora was pretty sweet and in the end I'm glad I watched it. However, I got so mad while watching Kimi ga Nozomu Eien that I deleted it before I got done. The reason why I mostly prefer subtle romances or small harems is mainly so I won't have to deal with watching people cheat on eachother and stuff like that in Kimi ga Nozomu Eien. I hold my morals pretty high so I hate that type of thing.

You and I share the same taste in Anime Sunabouzu. Most of the romantic series I like usually show the main characters sharing a romantic gesture (kiss, passionate hug) to express their interest but there's never anything concrete. The possibility of the main character pairing with another girl is always possible. I like these because there's more variety when reading Fanfiction, especially if I happen to not like the main female character. I.E. Inuyasha and Kagome end up as a couple in the end (I think?) but I prefer InuyashaSango. Man I hate Kagome and Miroku. >.<
Old 2006-08-24, 16:46   Link #42
MamoruUsagi

Sorry about this post, I didn't see your post, my message here was to another poster.

To jedinat:

I love soap operas. I love romance and I love soap operas. I like Beverly Hills, 90210.

I like a well developed relationship. It's good if the couple gets together early on or in the middle. As long as it's developed well. I like lots of kisses. One isn't enough to satisfy me, I like around 12 kisses, 13 kisses, 20 kisses. 30 kisses. I really like relationships, sociology and relationships developing is something I really enjoy. Living it is even better. I like relating to couples in stories, thinking of my relationship and relate to the stories. I like things progressing, having a couple go through stages in stories is intriuging. Like, for example

Sexual passion, become boyfriend and girlfriend, becoming a couple, dating, going on dates, steady dating, making out, having sex, making out in hotel rooms, having hot and heavy makeout sessions, hugging, kissing, holding hands, walking arm in arm, trading promise rings, breaking up, getting back together, kissing, hugging, eloping, becoming a steady couple, love triangles, other suitors appear, questioning the relationship, going out, making out, cuddling, proposing, getting engaged, getting married, having a wedding, eloping, having sex, having a child, having hot, passionate sex, living together, hooking up, having one night stands, having hot and heavy hook ups, having hot sex, making out in bed, making out in hotel rooms, sleeping together, saving each other, risking lives for each other, dying for each other, being together, sharing a true, eternal love. There needs to be more than a kiss, hug and blush. There needs to be a long-lasting relationship.

I like looking at the change. When a relationship goes through the changes, then it's so intriuging after finishing the story to watching it all over again and comparing the changes. I like romance. Looking at relationships and the changes throughout them. I love living romance. I like couples that go through changes and many stages so I can compare the story and look at how much the interaction changes. I love soap operas.

Last edited by MamoruUsagi; 2008-09-26 at 13:38.
Old 2006-08-24, 16:55   Link #43
Sunabouzu

@MamoruUsagi:i am a bit lazy to read every post of you again so could you tell me the best romance anime you have ever seen?

and i love it when they sacrafice themself for the other like in shuffle! the part where he slit his wrists to make her use magic or maburaho where he used his last spell even though he knows that he will become dust

well...that weren't realy romance anime but i loved this sacraficing part^^

Old 2006-08-24, 17:24   Link #44
jedinat

Quote:
Originally Posted by MamoruUsagi
You're paraphrasing of my post was amusing, but what's an OP?
OP = Original Poster
Old 2006-08-27, 00:03   Link #45
Alex Ikari
Berserk Knight

Wow, you musta really missed that little request for little to no fanservice or nudity Jedinat. Well...I'm watching Mahoromatic, and...yeah. By the way, you guys were right, Tsukuyomi does have a nice animation style. The screenshots I'm looking at on Mahou's website are much different than the the other ones I saw. I actually really like this type of style.

P.S.- I hate that sleazy teacher in Mahoromatic. >.>
Old 2006-08-27, 00:15   Link #46
jedinat

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alex Ikari
Wow, you musta really missed that little request for little to no fanservice or nudity Jedinat. Well...I'm watching Mahoromatic, and...yeah. By the way, you guys were right, Tsukuyomi does have a nice animation style. The screenshots I'm looking at on Mahou's website are much different than the the other ones I saw. I actually really like this type of style.

P.S.- I hate that sleazy teacher in Mahoromatic. >.>
lol, I guess I did miss that Hope there's no permanent damage done
Old 2006-08-27, 01:21   Link #47
Alex Ikari
Berserk Knight

Eh, nah, it's a lot similiar to 'This Ugly and Beautiful World". Well, I'm probably putting this in the wrong category but this thread's been so friendly that I'm too reluctant to leave, but has anyone seen Utawarerumono? It looks really interesting but possibly dark since it's based off a H-game (I think?), anyway I was wondering if there was any nudity, or sexual themes (I.E. sex, rape) content so that I can avoid it if that's the case. Lastly, does it contain romance? About half the sites I've been to haven't had it listed as such but then the other half qualify it as a romance, and/or harem.
Old 2006-08-27, 01:27   Link #48
fto
Anime Forever

The game is H but the anime is normal, very good in my personal opinion. and yes it does have a romance thing in it but not enough to be called ROMANCE. but who knows only 5 more eps and things could change.. and wouldnt exactly enter the theme as harem because the other girls are warriors lol. but could be close enough
Old 2006-08-27, 01:41   Link #49
Alex Ikari
Berserk Knight

Ah okay thanks for the clarification. The main character looks kind of lame but I think I'll get it anyway.
Old 2006-08-28, 02:14   Link #50
DanielSong39

Speaking of To Heart, I loved the understated romance in the show... the leads certainly have a unique perspective on love and romance, and it's not always easy to see - but it's certainly there, and only grows over the course of the series.

One of the better depictions of high school romance, if you ask me.
Old 2006-08-28, 05:03   Link #51
Radiosity
Sexy Tornado
*Artist

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alex Ikari
you guys were right, Tsukuyomi does have a nice animation style.
If you like the animation style, go find Pani Poni Dash, it's by the same studio and is one of the funniest series you'll ever see
Old 2006-08-28, 11:14   Link #52
MamoruUsagi

To original poster, I really think you'd enjoy Marmalade Boy. It's 76 episodes. There isn't any cheating and the series doesn't go too deep. It's cute, realistic, lively and has three main couples and lots of other couples. Their are three seasons. I bought them all on bootleg for 65 dollars, but the subtitles were funny because it was translated by people from China translating Japanese into English, so the subtitles had a lot of errors, but the series was great. Some parts of the anime were better than the manga, but the manga had a better ending. I really think you'd enjoy it, all 76 episodes. You should try one episode and give it a chance. It's nothing like KimiNozu, the characters don't cheat on each other. To the other poster, I will answer the question later, since I'm typing on a different computor. The other computer is easy to type on, but this one keeps deleting my messages and types really slowly, so I can't make any real posts without making typos or deleting my messages because of this thing.
Old 2006-08-31, 00:45   Link #53
Alex Ikari
Berserk Knight

Hey, thanks for the recommendations guys. So far, I've watched all of Gunparade March and it turned out okay though it wasn't too exciting. I'm about halfway through Tsukuyomi Moon Phase and you guys were right, it's amazing. Hazuki's so adoreable.
Old 2006-09-01, 16:50   Link #54
MamoruUsagi

I think you'd enjoy Marmalade Boy. Here's an image from it. The anime and manga are different, but I really think you should try it out. 76 episodes. You should view the first one and see if you like it. The anime and manga are both good. The couples are devoted to each othe. It has romance and comedy as well. When the couple gets together, the series picks up and becomes even better. There are lots of steady couples. The couples don't betray each other.

Last edited by MamoruUsagi; 2006-09-01 at 17:21.
Old 2006-09-03, 06:02   Link #55
CygnusX

Thanks Onibaba, nice suggestion of Suzuka. I really liked it, couldn't stop watching, though I do not really agree with the story development. (I'd have loved to see Honoka and Akitsuki be together at the end but the series is called Suzuka, so .... )

I'd really love to see another series similar to Suzuka, but I'd like he story to advance at a bit faster pace. I mean I'd like to see something similar, but the couple has to get together earlier than just at the final episode, so we can see some advancement in their relation ...

In Suzuka, the story is about sports ... though to me it doesn't matter what the theme is, sports or sword fighting or mecha ... doesn't matter if the advancement is there.

Further specification: it has to be serious, so nothing like Love Hina and the drawing style has to be realistic too, sort of like Suzuka. The story of Kodocha seems nice but the drawings aren't really attaractive imho ... Also I very much like moments like in Full Metal Panic TSR, where Sousouke enouncters Chidori after his break down, really gives me the shivers, so animes with moments like that plz tell

I read all previous posts and searched their contents and till now I have only a phew that might be interesting:
Marmalade boy, Boys Be... and Ichigo 100%.
From other threads I noticed Honey & Clover.

So if u can give me some more suggestions, thanks a lot!!

Last edited by CygnusX; 2006-09-03 at 07:12.
Old 2006-09-03, 06:30   Link #56
Eclipze

Hmm...for good romance...:

Emma
Old 2006-09-03, 07:30   Link #57
Radiosity
Sexy Tornado
*Artist

One of my favourite romances is Narue no Sekai (The World Of Narue in the american/ english version). The main characters get together in episode one and stay together. It's about their trials and tribulations as a new couple rather than the task of getting together like a lot of other romances.

Incidentally, it's sci-fi too, as Narue is half alien. There is some action too with space ninjas trying to kill off Narue (nothing too serious, and it's very minor compared to the main romance parts) The supporting characters are nice too, with no irritating ones trying to cause trouble all the time etc..

Well, suffice to say I love the series, though I'd have loved to see more length to it (it's 12 eps). There is a little bit of fanservice, but nothing more than an occasional panty shot of Narue, nothing like Girls Bravo and other Ecchi series.
Old 2006-09-03, 10:13   Link #58
MamoruUsagi

Here is my larger list I posted on some topics. Some of my list is repeated, I just thought I would post my larger list.

Fushigi Yuugi is a great manga series. It is wonderful, romantic and touching.

Fushigi Yugi is 18 volumes long and has a wonderful romance. The couple gets married and has a child. It's a magical romance. The manga, 18 volumes is wonderful. The anime only goes up to volume 13. Read all 18 manga volumes. It is so wonderful. If all 18 manga volumes were made into the show, there would be 100 episodes. The manga is so great.

Bishoujo Senshi Sailor Moon

Sailor Moon has 200 anime episodes, 18 manga volumes, the live action series. The romance is wonderful. The couple gets married and has a child. Their are lots of romantic kisses. I love Tuxedo Mask. I've been a fan since 1995.

Ayashi no Ceres is a good manga series. The anime takes everything out. It has romance, the main couple has sex, has a child and elopes. The manga is very good, but the anime cuts out over half the series and cuts out so much. Read the manga, the anime takes out all the good parts.

Marmalade Boy is both an anime and a manga series where both are equally good.

Kare First Love is a manga series with lots of emotion.

Happy Hustle High is a romantic and fun manga series.

Peach Girl is a realistic manga series. Their are 18 volumes. Volumes 1-8 are released as Peach Girl 1-8, volumes 9-18 are released as Peach Girl Change of Heart 1-10. Make sure you get the right volumes, you might accidentally buy the wrong ones.

Mars is a mature manga series. It has 15 volumes and deals with serious issues. It deals with sex, rape, engagement, living together and serious issues.

Kare Kano is a manga and anime series.

The Devil Does Exist is a realistic romance series.

Mars is a realistic romance series.

Kare First Love is a realistic romance series,

Paradise Kiss is a realistic romance series.

High School Debut is a romance series.

Ultra Cute is a romance series.

Sensual Phrase is a romance series.

Love Attack is a romance series.

Happy Hustle High has a couple that is dating and in a relationship.

Bokura ga Ita is a realistic romance series.

Absolute Boyfriend is another romance manga series.

Wild Act is a great romance manga, the couple is dating and in a sweet relationship.

Missile Happy! has a couple dating and in a sweet relationship.

Last edited by MamoruUsagi; 2010-04-16 at 14:33.
Old 2006-09-04, 15:17   Link #59
CygnusX

I just saw the first episode of marmalade Boy.

After watching Suzuka, this seems a completely different style, I liked Suzuka very much but this ... It seems more childish, so less serious, the animation isn't realistic either, and the main characters, especially the female ones are drawn pretty ... unfemale-like u know ... and the same with the voices ... the music is awfull also ....
in short, Marmalade Boy seems way too childish imho ...

So ... does this stay like this throughout the whole series or does it improve, cos when it's like this I don't think I'll manage to see through the whole series .... :/

Thanks

Last edited by CygnusX; 2006-09-04 at 16:01.
Old 2006-09-04, 15:41   Link #60
MamoruUsagi

I like series where the couple is dating throughout the series and boyfriend and girlfriend throughout the manga/anime. That is a true romance anime/manga, when the couple is together and goes on dates and gets together in the first season.

The manga is a lot more mature. The characters are drawn better in the manga and the series is more mature. In the anime, the series gets better as it goes along, the first couple of episodes may make it seem like it's for younger audiences, but that's because the anime has a lot of filler. Once you get into the series more, the characters develop and it becomes more mature. Once the characters get together, the series becomes more mature, dealing with relationship issues. The characters in Marmalade Boy are actually a couple for a long time, unlike Suzuka, which isn't a romance anime. Marmalade Boy deals with a lot of mature issues. Their are many affairs and the series gets better as it goes along. There are quite a bit of filler episodes, the manga doesn't have any filler. Manga is almost always better than anime, but a lot of the filler in Marmalade Boy is good, it develops the couples' relationship. Marmalade Boy is most famous for it's long kisses. Their are a lot of kisses between manga couples and a lot of couples get together.

*Originally I posted images here, but I'm deleting them to save this site loading time in case there's a rule*

Some images from Marmalade Boy

You watched the episode where Yuu kisses Miki in the nurse's office, right?

The manga is a lot more mature.

Kare First Love

Kare First Love is a mature manga series you might enjoy. The couple gets together early on and shares a mature relationship. One thing is, every volume after volume 2, the couple discusses whether or not to have sex. In another mature series, Mars, the series is very similar. Only in Mars, the plot is deeper, as are the characters' pasts. Rape is covered in Mars, while it isn't covered in Kare First Love. In both series the couples have issues over whether to have sex, in Mars they wait longer and they live together after having sex, whereas in Kare First Love, almost every volume is discussing whether to have sex. In Mars, rape and suicide are discussed and it's very mature. Kare First Love isn't as serious as Mars and doesn't deal with rape and the handling of sex is quite different.

I recommend Kare First Love and Mars for a seriosu series dealing with romance, sex and being in a relationship.

Peach Girl is a series everyone can relate to. It's a mature drama manga. The manga is 18 volumes long. Volumes 1-8 are sold as Peach Girl 1-8 and volumes 9-18 are sold as Peach Girl: Change of Heart 1-10. Some people might get the wrong volumes if they don't follow it carefully. The series is so realistic with situations and characters everyone can relate to. The couples get together early on. The characters and situations are so easy to relate to. The anime tones down the manga and takes out all the references to sex and changes it to kissing and takes out all the mature and suggestive scenes. You should buy Peach Girl the original volume 1 and work your way through all 18 volumes, but make sure you buy them in the right order. If it says Change of Heart, it is the second half. Peach Girl, the original 1-8 volumes are sold as Peach Girl, the second hald has Change Of heart. Make sure you buy them in the right order. It's very realistic.

Happy Hustle High is a manga dealing with a relationship. It's a romantic comedy, but it deals with sex and love and a serious relationship. The characters are so lovable and so real. The characters are more lovable than a lot of couples. It's a series that is both playful and serious.

You might like the anime Kimi Ga Nozomu Eien.

A wonderful series with a wonderful couple is Fushigi Yuugi. Fushigi Yugi is 18 volumes long. The manga is so much better than the anime. The anime is a lot shorter than the manga and cuts out the entire second half of the plot. The manga love story is beautiful and mature, dealing with love, sex and having a relationship. The couple gets together early on and ends up married with a child. It's really sweet.

A mature series is Ayashi no Ceres. The manga is mature and dark. The anime takes out all the love scenes and cuts out half the plot. The manga deals with a lot of mature and dark issues, sex, pregnancy, amnesia and is very dramatic.

Absolute Boyfriend is a cute manga where the couple gets together in the second chapter.

Doubt! is a manga with a lot of drama, but the characters should've been developed more.

Last edited by MamoruUsagi; 2006-09-04 at 16:50.
Closed Thread

Tags
romance