Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Light Novels

Notices

Old 2013-09-12, 20:51   Link #21
blackwhite67
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by tsunade666 View Post
Its like campione? he usurped power?

Campione is nice but plot wise. Its pretty simple if you ask me. There is no greater evil or problematic organization. Only the heretic gods or other campione can oppose campione which lessen the actual horizon of the story.
Yeah, but that's where Strike the Blood differs. Primogenitors, the counterparts of gods from Campione!, are not as absolute. They can be challenged and quite possibly defeated even by non-primogenitors, but even if you were to defeat a primogenitor, you wouldn't get squat from it. Akatsuki is an exception presumably because his predecessor relinquished her power of her own accord.
blackwhite67 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-09-12, 21:23   Link #22
whsie

When I first read it, the first novel that came to mind was Campione. There isn't the mythology, but they just feel similar. With that being said, the Campione fights are more tactical than the ones in Strike the Blood.
whsie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-09-13, 00:57   Link #23
ZeKeR
Superbad

still, I'm a bit surprised Akatsuki doesn't need to feed regularly as normal lore for vampires do as well as constantly biting them will spread the vampirism disease or some things like that (buut pretty sure the girls WOULD like it if he did indulge in them despite its like him giving them a love bite)

IRL legends to be so, wasn't the first progenitor Vlad III? I never did pay attention to lore but I think I remember something that as he became Dracula, he still can move around like a normal human being despite being in the sun and has full access to every power without necking some poor girl.
Old 2013-09-13, 02:14   Link #24
tsunade666

Isn't Vlad label as dracula because he dine in front of the people he killed by putting them into a spike? (or how to word the thing his been doing)

He doesn't drink blood? his an ancestor/true type? the one that is not been turned but naturally turned into one.
Old 2013-09-13, 02:17   Link #25
whsie

Quote:
Isn't Vlad label as dracula because he dine in front of the people he killed by putting them into a spike? (or how to word the thing his been doing)

He doesn't drink blood? his an ancestor/true type? the one that is not been turned but naturally turned into one.
He can drink blood, but he doesn't have to. I will say that drinking blood is actually good for him, but he obviously can't go around sucking everyone. Like any vampire, he hates the light. Light makes him lethargic.

Yes, he is ancestor type (the 4th one). He inherited it.
Old 2013-09-13, 04:37   Link #26
ZeKeR
Superbad

Quote:

ah yes that print.

I mean he doesn't need to feed every day like a normal person eating food. like whsie said he just cant do such a thing as necking someone.

wait... what if he IS to neck the girls that were meant to power up his kenjuu as normal food?

the primogenitor here IMO is similar to the origin's own stats of a true ancestor. the usual thing for a vampire to become a vampire is:

>neck an individual
>wait for the antigens to kick inside individual
>individual shows signs of vampirism
>full vampire

but still I believe that normal vampires need to constantly feed except for our guy and his fellow primogenitors.

I like to speculate that he's a hybrid since I think he wasn't bitten to become a vampire he is now but instead something had to happen for his predecessor to transfer that power.
Old 2013-09-13, 06:17   Link #27
tsunade666

I just read the manga of what's transalated and it left me frustrated. They stop at the good part. Chapter 10 a cliffhanger.

Yes, I can that it reminds one of campione but campione kiss in the lips, here kiss in the neck. In vampire, the act of drinking blood can be also called a kiss.

GRUAAAA!! what happen! need more info. its interesting that's for sure and unlike campione where the people are scared shitless of the campione. here the human have guts to attack them. And I like it that way.
Old 2013-09-13, 09:10   Link #28
omega253

The manga is based off the Light Novel, but it only has Chapter 1 of Volume 1 translated. There's going to be an anime coming out in the fall 2013 lineup, but it probably just be the generic 12-episode thing.

But if the anime gains a popularity, then some people will become interested in the Light Novel and try to translate it.
Old 2013-09-13, 09:23   Link #29
tsunade666

I did search for the raws of the manga and novel after reading what's translated. And so far it looks good but his strength as an ancestor is unstable if you ask me. Sure the kenjuu are strong but it looks like the human's create magic/weapons to counter them which is good. Its stupid if one just take the facts as facts just like in Campione.
Old 2013-09-13, 12:14   Link #30
DevotionFX
紅月の瞋願

Oh, I nearly forgot this tread already. I had waited for someone to replied it because I don't like to double post, but at last I forgot it. And now, I'm so busy because the final exam fest is waiting for me in next 10 days. So I have to clear all of my lazy stuff in next week (It's the real pain you know ) Sorry for don't update this tread, everyone.

Quote:
Originally Posted by omega253 View Post
The manga is based off the Light Novel, but it only has Chapter 1 of Volume 1 translated. There's going to be an anime coming out in the fall 2013 lineup, but it probably just be the generic 12-episode thing.

But if the anime gains a popularity, then some people will become interested in the Light Novel and try to translate it.
For anime, I heard the rumour it will have 24 Ep. I hope this will be the truth. BTW, The anime will start at the 4th of next month.(My final exam will end at the 3rd, Thanks God)
DevotionFX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-09-13, 13:39   Link #31
Breimoon

Quote:
Originally Posted by DevotionFX View Post
Oh, I nearly forgot this tread already. I had waited for someone to replied it because I don't like to double post, but at last I forgot it. And now, I'm so busy because the final exam fest is waiting for me in next 10 days. So I have to clear all of my lazy stuff in next week (It's the real pain you know ) Sorry for don't update this tread, everyone.

For anime, I heard the rumour it will have 24 Ep. I hope this will be the truth. BTW, The anime will start at the 4th of next month.(My final exam will end at the 3rd, Thanks God)
I too have exam on 23........Damn Math!!
Breimoon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-09-13, 18:46   Link #32
tsunade666

Does Asagi eventually find out that Akatsuki is a vampire?
Old 2013-09-13, 19:01   Link #33
blackwhite67
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by DevotionFX View Post

No rumor. It's been confirmed.
Old 2013-09-13, 19:29   Link #34
tsunade666

confirmed 24 episodes?

The one doing it is silver link. I have high hopes.
Old 2013-09-13, 19:59   Link #35
blackwhite67
Banned

Quote:
confirmed 24 episodes?

The one doing it is silver link. I have high hopes.
Yeah. It was confirmed in a memo. I'm hoping for 4 episodes per volume. That'll give us six volumes worth of content.
Old 2013-09-13, 20:16   Link #36
whsie

Quote:
Originally Posted by blackwhite67 View Post
Yeah, but that's where Strike the Blood differs. Primogenitors, the counterparts of gods from Campione!, are not as absolute. They can be challenged and quite possibly defeated even by non-primogenitors, but even if you were to defeat a primogenitor, you wouldn't get squat from it. Akatsuki is an exception presumably because his predecessor relinquished her power of her own accord.
I will say this though. Primogenitors are still pretty much the strongest beings in the current world. The top 3 Primogenitors are virtually undefeatable (as strong as the Campione in Campione!) and have held their respective region and power for a very, very long time. One control Western Europe, one controls mid-western Asia (I guess the Tarim Basin area), and one controls the Americas.

The MC is only challenged to the extent that he is because he doesn't have enough beasts under his control. In some ways, the MC can make the readers badly underrate how strong Primogenitors truly are because of his inexperience (he struggles with almost every fight). If he has all 12 beasts, the real only competition would be his other 3 peers.
Old 2013-09-13, 20:24   Link #37
blackwhite67
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by whsie View Post
I will say this though. Primogenitors are still pretty much the strongest beings in the current world. The top 3 Primogenitors are virtually undefeatable (as strong as the Campione in Campione!) and have held their respective region and power for a very, very long time. One control Western Europe, one controls mid-western Asia (I guess the Tarim Basin area), and one controls the Americas.

The MC is only challenged to the extent that he is because he doesn't have enough beasts under his control. In some ways, the MC can make the readers badly underrate how strong Primogenitors truly are because of his inexperience (he struggles with almost every fight). If he has all 12 beasts, the real only competition would be his other 3 peers.
Tell me, have any of the other primogenitors made their appearance yet? If so, how powerful are they?

Also, if that loli was his predecessor, is this image really Akatsuki in a suit?

Old 2013-09-13, 20:49   Link #38
tsunade666

^Is that really the previews 4th? I though its Asagi.
Old 2013-09-13, 21:05   Link #39
whsie

Quote:
Originally Posted by blackwhite67 View Post
Tell me, have any of the other primogenitors made their appearance yet? If so, how powerful are they?

Also, if that loli was his predecessor, is this image really Akatsuki in a suit?

For starters, for anyone interested in this novel, I don't consider the below to be that much of a spoiler because it's just general background information. It's like me telling someone else that there are 6 other Campiones beside our MC in Campione!
Spoiler for Primogenitors:

Yep, that is our MC in a suit. And beside him is my favorite Cyber Empress.
Old 2013-09-13, 21:40   Link #40
blackwhite67
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by whsie View Post
For starters, for anyone interested in this novel, I don't consider the below to be that much of a spoiler because it's just general background information. It's like me telling someone else that there are 6 other Campiones beside our MC in Campione!
Spoiler for Primogenitors:

Yep, that is our MC in a suit. And beside him is my favorite Cyber Empress.
Yet for all their power, our Fourth is considered the strongest despite having the fewest kenjuu among them. Is the claim that the Fourth is the strongest just a rumor? If not, I'm guessing he goes with quality over quantity.

I'm sorry for that obvious question, but I just had to be sure. I originally thought it was his predecessor and I rarely see the main character in a suit. Clothes do make the man and all.

More like Cyber Maid.

By the way, it's obvious that his harem count rising smoothly, but I also like to judge the worth of our protagonist by the size of his male support staff. What would Batman be without Robin? Raizel without Frankenstein? Touma without Tsuchimikado? So does he have any? I recall a promising stoogie back in volume 1 that got creamed by Yukina.

Last edited by blackwhite67; 2013-09-14 at 12:51.

Tags
cringe heroine, dengeki bunko, fake harem, harem, open ending, strike the blood, vampires