Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series

Notices

Old 2009-02-07, 17:39   Link #1181
Mushi
Hopeless Dreamer

Quote:
Originally Posted by germanturkey View Post
no one wants it to end. and when it did, grown men cried.
I tried making it through the last episode without tears the third time I watched it... didn't work. I don't know that I'll ever be able to watch that last one without my eyes getting at least a little wet.

Quote:
i guess maybe its because she didn't have 50+ eps to wheedle her way into my heart, but i just don't like her.
I loved Ai from the beginning. I thought she was cute as could be. The influence the undines (especially Akari) and Neo Venezia had on her was the first clue that Aqua was a magical place. I've read that Ai doesn't appear at the beginning in the manga, but I thought that very first episode was a wonderful way to introduce the series and establish the pen pal link. Which, to me, was a great way for setting up Ai's appearance in the end. Hearing her little girl voice all that time, then seeing her show up as a young woman, knowing the journey that she was about to set out on... she immediately struck a chord with me.

Quote:
plus we didn't really see the transition state between Akari taking over and when she accepted Ai. there had to have been a lot of mental angst like there was for Alicia, that was cut out and would have made good canon.
I think a lot of what we saw in the Alicia/Akari relationship gives insight into what to expect as the tradition is passed on to each successive generation of Aria Primas.

I'm not so sure about any mental angst, though. Akari and Ai had been friends for a long time. Akari is a very different personality than Alicia and Alicia imparted a lot of experience to her... not just practical knowledge, but also on an emotional level. I think Akari likely made that transition in a smoother way than Alicia did. As far as it being canon, that's something that a feature length movie could touch on.

And that's also the reason I think more anime could work, the difference in personalities. I'd love to see the more mature "Akari's Aria Company." I'd love to see the kind of nurturing that she gives to her apprentice. And I'm sure that Ai's personality would make for plenty of interesting, heart-warming encounters and discoveries, just as did those of Akari and friends.

But then, I'm just being greedy. The story wraps up in a wonderful way and it's sometimes best to let the imagination have something to occupy itself with. It's enough to know that a new generation of Primas have taken to the waterways and the one to follow has been given a face, as well.

Last edited by Mushi; 2009-02-07 at 20:55.
Mushi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-02-07, 18:37   Link #1182
Solais
Youkai of Coincidence

Yeah, just as I always say, it's a Full Circle; it don't need more. Although, I'm a little sad that the half of the Origination was pretty much have been cut out, it's still the best anime ever produced.

Oh, and there are the Origination Picture Dramas, if you haven't seen them, then watch them, especially the last one.
Solais is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-02-07, 20:48   Link #1183
germanturkey
Udon-YAAAAAAAA

is the last one Undine wars? because that was the greatest IMO.

ps, i also think its the best anime ever made...
germanturkey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-02-07, 22:28   Link #1184
Mushi
Hopeless Dreamer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Solais View Post
Oh, and there are the Origination Picture Dramas, if you haven't seen them, then watch them, especially the last one.
Just watched Pajama Party. I loved it! Definitely need to find the rest.

Oh, and I hadn't seen episode 5.5 until today. I usually avoid discussion threads until I've finished a series. I didn't even know there was a 5.5 until a couple days ago.
Old 2009-02-08, 15:16   Link #1185
Solais
Youkai of Coincidence

There are 7 Picture Dramas, and the last one is linked to the end of the series. The others are pretty random. My favorite is the third one.
Old 2009-02-09, 08:10   Link #1186
mimipuu

OMG... you people have probably explained why I put off watching ARIA ... it was too much to take and I didn't want it to end. I was following ARIA when it first came out, then last couple of eps before it ended, I stopped watching it. I only started watching it again (marathoned it!) last month and nearing the last eps of Origination I was finding ways to put it off... it was too much, too beautiful to end.

One of the things I really liked about ARIA is it took its time ending it. Unlike other shows that end everything in the last episode, this one kills you in the last 3-4 episodes, knowing that it's ending, but not quite. But it really did.

</insert tears here>

*listening to the ARIA soundtracks over and over again*
mimipuu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-02-16, 13:24   Link #1187
over99

ARIA The MAD 「みなぎるありあ」
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9d7VLyYKMlk

This is so cute.
みなぎる(minagiru) means 「getting power」.
over99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-02-16, 16:59   Link #1188
germanturkey
Udon-YAAAAAAAA

Quote:
Originally Posted by over99 View Post
ARIA The MAD 「みなぎるありあ」

This is so cute.
i'm so confused.. haha
Old 2009-02-16, 17:28   Link #1189
Solais
Youkai of Coincidence

Ah, I know this from Nico. So cute.
Old 2009-02-16, 21:11   Link #1190
fict_ticious
I can has drinks?

Quote:
ARIA The MAD 「みなぎるありあ」

This is so cute.
Lol wut.
Searching the latter gives an endless amount of vids on moontube, and at least 6 pages on pixiv.
Anyone mind explaining the origin of "みなぎる"?

Btw, DDL for future reference:
http://www.mediafire.com/?0connzohyhm

Last edited by fict_ticious; 2009-02-16 at 21:24.
fict_ticious is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-02-17, 10:14   Link #1191
over99

Quote:
Originally Posted by fict_ticious View Post
Lol wut.
Searching the latter gives an endless amount of vids on moontube, and at least 6 pages on pixiv.
Anyone mind explaining the origin of "みなぎる"?
Let me explain it.
The [minagiru] series originates in a certain animation in Nico.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ESpZsc6LsO0

The animation which was made by an amateur Japanese recorder player'shinoshino-P' became popular.
He said that the animation explain my emotion of Japanies recorder withdrawal symptoms.
minagiru means like "flood of life""bustle with activity""suffusion" and so on.

At the following, animation to which the same movement was taken became a series of series according to the same music.

I am sorry for my broken English m(_ _)m
over99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-02-17, 19:17   Link #1192
fict_ticious
I can has drinks?

Quote:
Let me explain it.
The [minagiru] series originates in a certain animation in Nico.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ESpZsc6LsO0

The animation which was made by an amateur Japanese recorder player'shinoshino-P' became popular.
He said that the animation explain my emotion of Japanies recorder withdrawal symptoms.
minagiru means like "flood of life""bustle with activity""suffusion" and so on.

At the following, animation to which the same movement was taken became a series of series according to the same music.

I am sorry for my broken English m(_ _)m
Ah, so that's what the stick person thing is. Well, the music is catchy and addicting, and it seems to fit with our three Undine. I liked it enough to make it my sig. Gif needs some fixing, though.
Old 2009-02-22, 20:54   Link #1193
germanturkey
Udon-YAAAAAAAA

because i don't know how to embed youtube vids..
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GDiKA...eature=related

this is excellent. it's only still pictures, but the song goes along perfectly.
Old 2009-02-24, 01:38   Link #1194
Astrid Widjaja
Anime 4eva
*Artist

o,,,
It's very happy ending story
but..
Somehow I feel sad.....
Aria give me some strong feeling inside it

OOO,,,,,
I really love this story!!!!!
YAY!!!!

Will it be any more episodes...?
I hope so......
Just feel don't wanna this story meets the end.
that's all.
ARGHHH....
Astrid Widjaja is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-02-25, 18:54   Link #1195
germanturkey
Udon-YAAAAAAAA

Quote:
Originally Posted by Astrid Widjaja View Post
o,,,
It's very happy ending story
but..
Somehow I feel sad.....
Aria give me some strong feeling inside it

OOO,,,,,
I really love this story!!!!!
YAY!!!!

Will it be any more episodes...?
I hope so......
Just feel don't wanna this story meets the end.
that's all.
ARGHHH....
sadly no... we all want more, but it won't be canon at that point.
Old 2009-03-13, 09:53   Link #1196
aikming

ARIA Winter Collection Gashapon

More pictures here

Backordered at HLJ
Old 2009-03-14, 06:52   Link #1197
fict_ticious
I can has drinks?

Gah, my set hasn't shipped yet.
If you're too late for this gashapon set worry not. IIRC, the last SR DX set was reissued a year later, so you might get lucky with this one too.
Old 2009-03-14, 18:27   Link #1198
Proto
Knowledge is the solution

I just saw ep 5.5 of Origination, and I just remembered why I loved this series so much. *cries*
Proto is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-03-16, 09:41   Link #1199
onyhow
Polar bears and penguins!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mushi View Post
I finished up "Origination" a couple weeks ago. I watched the last four episodes earlier today just to feel that wonderful series of closing events once again. And then I had to go back and watch the last episode one more time. I'm hesitant to label just one anime as a favorite, but this one touches and moves me like no other.

For some reason, as much as I love this series, I was in no hurry to get through all of the seasons. I'm just kinda' weird that way, I suppose. There's a lot of anime I've been trying to catch up on and ARIA was something I took in little doses, here and there. Savoring it, perhaps... not wanting it to end.

But end it has, at least for now. I want more. I've got the manga on order, but there needs to be more than that... for one... very... good... reason.

Spoiler for Why we need more ARIA anime:

I love all of the girls in this story, but Akari charmed me absolutely and completely. She had me before the end of the OP in episode one of the first season. If any undine could come close to nudging Akari over a little to make some extra room in my heart, it would be Ai.

We need more of Ai. A movie would do nicely. It's like Alice said at the end of Origination, if those girls don't get together again, the world will be destroyed.
I heard that there will be a new drama about Ai in new Japanese box set...at least that's what I've heard...
onyhow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-03-16, 15:24   Link #1200
KrebMarkt
Never do well

Quote:
Originally Posted by onyhow View Post
I heard that there will be a new drama about Ai in new Japanese box set...at least that's what I've heard...
Yea, see http://www.ariacompany.net/drama_cd.html.
There will be a bonus drama CD along the box set. Not about the story and the cast thought.
The box set will contain the previously released Blue, Red & Orange Drama CD + the bonus drama CD.
KrebMarkt is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
hal, sci-fi, slice of life