AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > General Anime

Notices

Old 2007-11-10, 02:59   Link #21
Zu Ra
✖ ǝʇ ɯıqnɾl ☆

I don’t watch anime superficially I get carried away to deep into it . I mean if the main character is a samurai for some time I want to be that samurai. I get involved in the anime or basically it influences me. So if the anime is sad or part of the ongoing events are sad I am influenced by it at least for some time .
Old 2007-11-10, 10:57   Link #22
RavenHawk
Tsundere Killer

Send a message via MSN to RavenHawk Send a message via Yahoo to RavenHawk
Thankfully, I haven't. For me, a show's a show, nothing more. When Wolf's Rain ended, it was my all-time favorite, but I never got depressed. I once saw a drama anime (I forgot the titile), but nothing. Even sad anime, nope.
RavenHawk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-11-10, 11:35   Link #23
Fluke
Inactive Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Corn View Post
yes mate. emptyness is a great way to describe it.
Yeah, I get that feeling of emptiness when something finishes all the time. It doesn't matter whether it's an anime, a book or even a videogame with a really captivating story, I get left with a sense of melancholy... Doesn't mean that I didn't enjoy it - far from it infact - I think it means I enjoyed it so much that I didn't want it to end.

I guess it's because I let myself get utterly absorbed into the story of whatever it is I'm watching/reading, perhaps more than most other people I know, so the crash back to reality is all the more jarring...
Fluke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-11-10, 18:49   Link #24
Lonestar9

Send a message via Yahoo to Lonestar9
Quote:
Originally Posted by LastRaven View Post
Thankfully, I haven't. For me, a show's a show, nothing more. When Wolf's Rain ended, it was my all-time favorite, but I never got depressed. I once saw a drama anime (I forgot the titile), but nothing. Even sad anime, nope.
I think that sums it up quite well for me, a show's a show, so when it's over, it's over...I too very rarely will get depressed when something ends, it just means it's time to move on to something else.
Lonestar9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-11-10, 21:43   Link #25
Reno

Send a message via MSN to Reno
Hmm surprised I haven't already replied here. Well, I have to say it really DOES depend on how the ending was. If it was depressing, unfulfilling, hit a brick wall that you can't get past but the anime charactors can, hell yeah I get sad. It's not a nice feeling. Because I worry about them. It could so carry on, and I can only see it in my mind. But then, if it's satisfying, fulfilling... ahh there's a description I'm looking for I can't quite put in to words! Hmm.... well satisfying I suppose, which I've already said. Ok... if-everything-happened-I-wanted-to. Or if something else happened, but I can - ah THAT'S that word! Accepting. If I can accept it. Well yeah, if that.... I don't mind. Cos I don't need to worry. And I can just feel relaxed about it.

...Am I weird?
Reno is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-11-10, 23:27   Link #26
relentlessflame

*Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Reno View Post
...Am I weird?
No, not at all. It depends a lot on your personality type, but feeling empathy for and attachment to the characters in an anime, to the point that it affects you emotionally even once the show is over, isn't unusual at all. I'm much the same way myself. In fact (and this may or may not be related), I'm the sort of person who can't listen to people talk about getting injured without sort of feeling the pain myself (which is why I could never be involved in medicine!). So, I don't think it's weird, but it's true that everyone's different. Some people are able to watch anime in a sort of "detached" state, and that doesn't mean that they don't have feelings or anything, just that they don't "take in" fiction in that way (it doesn't seem emotionally "real" to them). There's nothing necessarily wrong or weird about that either; everyone's different.
relentlessflame is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-11-11, 05:24   Link #27
RavenHawk
Tsundere Killer

Send a message via MSN to RavenHawk Send a message via Yahoo to RavenHawk
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lonestar9 View Post
I think that sums it up quite well for me, a show's a show, so when it's over, it's over...I too very rarely will get depressed when something ends, it just means it's time to move on to something else.
Yeah. Heck if you wanna see it again, there's always DVD's and torrents. Heck I bring my favorite shows in my iPod and in my flash drive.

Well, getting sad after an anime depends on the person. I know that Kiba (Wolf's Rain) and I share the same qualities, but let's face it, I'm made of cells, he's made of cels. But that doesn't mean I'm emotionless. Like I always say, "A man has to move on."
RavenHawk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-11-11, 14:34   Link #28
Reno

Send a message via MSN to Reno
Quote:
Originally Posted by relentlessflame View Post
No, not at all. It depends a lot on your personality type, but feeling empathy for and attachment to the characters in an anime, to the point that it affects you emotionally even once the show is over, isn't unusual at all. I'm much the same way myself. In fact (and this may or may not be related), I'm the sort of person who can't listen to people talk about getting injured without sort of feeling the pain myself (which is why I could never be involved in medicine!). So, I don't think it's weird, but it's true that everyone's different. Some people are able to watch anime in a sort of "detached" state, and that doesn't mean that they don't have feelings or anything, just that they don't "take in" fiction in that way (it doesn't seem emotionally "real" to them). There's nothing necessarily wrong or weird about that either; everyone's different.
Nice read.... thanks.
Reno is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-11-12, 12:45   Link #29
siya
An Intellectual Idiot

Location: The Internet, ranging from the World of Warcraft------Deviantart----and much more!..My mostly WoW
Sometimes...If it's a series I like then yea..not after the episode, I get will get annoyed if I don't like how the episode ended and what not, but I sometimes will with a series, like Death Note...Death Note could of gone further, Sure, Light died, but they coulda wrote in teh story that Light, instead of going to "Nought" went to the Shinigami realm to become a Shinigami because of something he did etc...wouldn't be hard...so I was a bit sad....I was sad when L died thouhg But yea, Then there are anime like Tokko that the ending don't sadden you, they piss you off.....I wasn't happy how that ended....
siya is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-11-12, 14:43   Link #30
sukilovesme

Its happened before..
sukilovesme is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-11-13, 04:31   Link #31
-PoLLuX-
死体。。。上手にうめられた?
*Graphic Designer

I know what you mean, I sometimes fall in love with the world they are in and I get so jealous... When an Anime ends I always wonder what would happen to them after that. The scenes which I don't get to see. I may even fall in love with a character in the show and I feel sad not being able to see them again...
-PoLLuX- is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-11-13, 05:39   Link #32
Spectacular_Insanity
Ha ha ha ha ha...
*Graphic Designer

Yes, I do. Usually due to endings. That's all I'm saying.

Some series which did this to me:

Mahoromatic: Something More Beautiful
Chrono Crusade
Samurai X (and other Rurouni Kenshin OVAs)
Elfen Lied
FMA & FMA Movie
...too many others to list
Old 2007-11-14, 12:00   Link #33
Diaboso
we girls arnt safe!
*Artist

I do at endings but only because of the lack of the warm feeling I got from watching the good anime is gone (I get the exact same feeling when I finish a good book)
Diaboso is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-11-14, 21:15   Link #34
BlueRise
anime addict
*Artist

mostly only after the anime is over xD i was sad after watching some of higurashi no naku koro ni when
Spoiler for higurashi no naku koro ni Death by Curse chapter i think:
but other then that i've never been sad from higurashi no naku xD

Last edited by BlueRise; 2007-11-14 at 21:16. Reason: typpo
BlueRise is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-11-15, 00:10   Link #35
Irvine
Awesome Member

It's perfectly fine to be saddened by a particular series, I mean, that's one of the points of entertainment such as Grave of the Fireflies or Now and Then, Here and There. It's supposed to make you feel sad, depressed, etc.
Irvine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-11-15, 01:13   Link #36
Ultenth

Quote:
Originally Posted by Irvine View Post
It's perfectly fine to be saddened by a particular series, I mean, that's one of the points of entertainment such as Grave of the Fireflies or Now and Then, Here and There. It's supposed to make you feel sad, depressed, etc.
I believe the OP is talking more about being sad that you won't be able to watch the adventures of favorite characters or see more of a world, not necessarily that the story itself is sad. I know I've been bummed many times when a series I loved ended, and I wouldn't be able to watch them have any more adventures. Not to be melodramatic, but it's similar (in sensation, but not really depth of emotion) to saying goodbye to a friend that you've enjoyed good times with, but won't be able to see again and make any more memories with. It's the same with a good book or a long running TV show or movie series
Ultenth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-11-15, 15:48   Link #37
barefoot

i get emo after watching animes, almost every single title. not only saddness, i know its lame but i get pumped up after watching action animes. ok go ahead and laugh at me =(
barefoot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-11-16, 00:10   Link #38
Irvine
Awesome Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ultenth View Post
I believe the OP is talking more about being sad that you won't be able to watch the adventures of favorite characters or see more of a world, not necessarily that the story itself is sad. I know I've been bummed many times when a series I loved ended, and I wouldn't be able to watch them have any more adventures. Not to be melodramatic, but it's similar (in sensation, but not really depth of emotion) to saying goodbye to a friend that you've enjoyed good times with, but won't be able to see again and make any more memories with. It's the same with a good book or a long running TV show or movie series
Perhaps I should read the thread more carefully? But yeah, I can relate. I absolutely hated it when Hajime No ippo ended just because of how much I enjoyed watching Ippo and the gang progress through the series. Everything comes to an end, but I mean, I could have watched another whole 75 episodes of Ippo punching the shit out of his opponents and just all the comedy placed throughout the show.

I guess I should start downloading the manga scanlations
Irvine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-11-16, 00:19   Link #39
cicido
I'm so moe I kill myself
*Artist

But what about the long-running shounen mangas?
I mean, we always say"xxx should of ended a long time ago so it can stop wasting our time and money!", but I doubt any body really wish for it to finish.
I dunno, maybe it had something to do wit my twisted personality but I don't ever want long-running animes to end.
Any of you have any idea how long I cried when I finished the whole dragon ball serie when I was 7?
cicido is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-11-16, 00:20   Link #40
UltimaWolf
~Nani...?~

Quote:
Originally Posted by Diaboso View Post
I do at endings but only because of the lack of the warm feeling I got from watching the good anime is gone (I get the exact same feeling when I finish a good book)
Same thing happens to me aswell, Knowing that its over and I can't watch those characters get into trouble(etc) again makes me feel sad. Though some like Eureka 7 and Speed Grapher(to name a few) made me feel sad in a different way.

Tags
anime, discussion