AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Re:Zero

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 2016-04-25, 04:20   Link #461
mergele

Why does everyone think he died last night? If we go a bit with his interpretation of this beeing like a game with him as a kind of protagonist it could also be any kind of fail-state. Maybe he was supposed make friedns with the librarian, or initiate some kind of political developement with a person he could meet via that Lord he is staying with. (Would be a pretty asshole fail-state though)
Old 2016-04-25, 04:27   Link #462
Harry Dresden
Paranoid Zebra

Quote:
Originally Posted by mergele View Post
Why does everyone think he died last night? If we go a bit with his interpretation of this beeing like a game with him as a kind of protagonist it could also be any kind of fail-state. Maybe he was supposed make friedns with the librarian, or initiate some kind of political developement with a person he could meet via that Lord he is staying with. (Would be a pretty asshole fail-state though)
Well let's see:
  1. So far we have only seen his power trigger via death. Occam's Razor dictates it triggered via death.
  2. the dialogue between mansion's Lord and one of the maids suggests they suspect him being a spy and are planning to interfere with Subaru
  3. Librarian Loli indicates that something is about to happen but its none of her business.

All three points point directly towards him having been killed after he fell asleep. Considering his reaction he clearly is thinking the same thing too. And considering the tone and atmosphere of the scene where he realizes it, we are supposed to think that too.

Now there could be something else having happened, but so far all points point towards death being most logical answer.
Old 2016-04-25, 04:47   Link #463
Tenzen12

Plus whole OP save/load imaginary is tied with his death.
Old 2016-04-25, 05:02   Link #464
mergele

Quote:
Originally Posted by Harry Dresden View Post
Well let's see:
  1. So far we have only seen his power trigger via death. Occam's Razor dictates it triggered via death.
  2. the dialogue between mansion's Lord and one of the maids suggests they suspect him being a spy and are planning to interfere with Subaru
  3. Librarian Loli indicates that something is about to happen but its none of her business.

All three points point directly towards him having been killed after he fell asleep. Considering his reaction he clearly is thinking the same thing too. And considering the tone and atmosphere of the scene where he realizes it, we are supposed to think that too.

Now there could be something else having happened, but so far all points point towards death being most logical answer.
So far we have only seen him go back to the scene with the apple vendor after his respawn. There is no unconsious effect visible right now that determined his two known respawn location/times. Therefore some kind of subjective, non-universal entity controls his respawn locations/times. So isn't it natural to assume it also controls when his respawn activates?
Librarian loli only said "That has nothing to do with Betty, I suppose" (Crunchyroll translation). She is rather unsympathetic towards MC, and forcefully left a conversation with him several times, several times stating that she does not wish to speak with him and wants to be left alone. Isn't a "I am annoyed by you and have no business talking to you" to the closed door easier than a "I know of a plot to kill you, but it's not my job to rescue you"?
Old 2016-04-25, 05:18   Link #465
Brother Coa
Banned

We know that death is the main trigger but we didn't actually see him trying to avoid that entire situation from first arc at all. Like getting out of the city or sleeping trough the entire event in some backwater alley makeshift bed.
Clearly he is there for a reason, but we still didn't see what would happen if some important event passed and he was still alive.

I just hope he will be more sensible now instead of screaming 'I died and some of you killed me!!!' to everyone in the entire arc.
Old 2016-04-25, 05:25   Link #466
Tenzen12

But he doesn't respawn just because he miss flag or two. On first loop Emilia got killed before him (and Felt with old timer) , but he didn't respawn until he goy killed himself.
Old 2016-04-25, 05:27   Link #467
aohige
( ಠ_ಠ)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brother Coa View Post
We know that death is the main trigger but we didn't actually see him trying to avoid that entire situation from first arc at all. Like getting out of the city or sleeping trough the entire event in some backwater alley makeshift bed.
Clearly he is there for a reason, but we still didn't see what would happen if some important event passed and he was still alive.

I just hope he will be more sensible now instead of screaming 'I died and some of you killed me!!!' to everyone in the entire arc.
*Gets away from the city and lives a long happy life. Dies at age of 80.*

*Wakes up as a teenager in front of the apple man*
Old 2016-04-25, 05:36   Link #468
Brother Coa
Banned

Now that you mentioned it it does make sense, if she was killed and is important to the plot than he would turn back at that moment. This also means that there is a hole that he can use to avoid all the necessary deaths - simply to hide somewhere and do nothing.

Well I guess we will find out soon enough, I cannot wait to see what kind of nonsense he will do next. xD

Quote:
Originally Posted by aohige View Post
*Gets away from the city and lives a long happy life. Dies at age of 80.*

*Wakes up as a teenager in front of the apple man*
I agree with this, imagine him return with the experience of 80 years old man?
Now if that is not advantage I don't know what is.
Old 2016-04-25, 07:16   Link #469
Kadmos1
≠epic failure

Thanks for info. From the sounds of it, I won't watch it for a while. At least "Netoge" has the cleavage of our heroine to keep me watching it.
Old 2016-04-25, 07:23   Link #470
Kakurin
大佐

Quote:
Originally Posted by DemonneoPT View Post
So far it was left to the minimum. The cute character designs are practically the only thing we can call as fan service in this anime! They even focus on Emilia's smile instead of her boobs which is kinda nice!
Well, there's Elsa.
Old 2016-04-25, 07:25   Link #471
RDNexus

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kadmos1 View Post
Thanks for info. From the sounds of it, I won't watch it for a while. At least "Netoge" has the cleavage of our heroine to keep me watching it.
It seems it's not just Japan who have people watching Anime only for the service...
Old 2016-04-25, 07:39   Link #472
mergele

Hey don't jump to conclusions. You don't know if he isn't actually from japan.
Old 2016-04-25, 08:28   Link #473
Applehell

Quote:
Originally Posted by Harry Dresden View Post
Knowing history, customs and political landscape is the most he can do right now(well not right now but after he solves his own death here) to be honest. The best way to not get yourself killed in a foreign country is to learn their customs and history. The last thing Subaru needs now is getting shanked on the street because he said wrong name or something(Like it already happened with Satella)

As for death timespan - well he knows when it happened last time. But how do we know if his actions would not speed it up? For all we know now he will act all investigative, raising even more suspicion and getting killed even faster.
I agree he should possibly do it later, but I doubt his lack knowledge on the country's culture had much to do with him getting killed. For one thing aside from his one time trip to the nearby village he's basically been working in the manor for a week. So his contact beyond manor's residents was likely pretty low. Furthermore by Subaru's remarks about the outting in to the village itself, it sounded pretty unevenful, getting pick on by kids and bitten by a dog notwithstanding. Worse if this really was done by someone in the very same manor than no amount of knowledge about customs is going to help him there.

He's best option at this point imo is probably to try retrace and his steps and reestablish his relationships as close as possible to the first loop to trigger the encouter again, only armed with knowledge of what's to come to understand what's happening. It would get him much faster results then relying too much on someone he's only known as being fairly abrasive to him at the present. Even if Subaru dies again, he'll probably know a lot more than he did now.

Last edited by Applehell; 2016-04-25 at 09:28.
Old 2016-04-25, 08:51   Link #474
tsunade666

Quote:
Originally Posted by xrick View Post
It seems it's not just Japan who have people watching Anime only for the service...
majority of people I know in social media that lives in western watch anime for fan service -_- like the first question they as is, is there harem?

I just watched the episode and its nice but really... subarun, I'm not finding it funny. Your way of looking at yourself as a videogame character is not funny. No wonder people said that konosuba was parodied from here without the death and horror thing.

I find Rem and Rom interesting and Betty.... cute? but creepy.

As for the first part of the episode. When I read the prolong for the second series of manga, I also thought that he died but he didn't. It wasn't corrected but he didn't die there. he was just checked if his a spy by betty but the methods is pretty much the same as burning your inside out, alive.
Old 2016-04-25, 09:14   Link #475
AC-Phoenix
Detective

Quote:
Originally Posted by mergele View Post
Hey don't jump to conclusions. You don't know if he isn't actually from japan.
Actually you can read his location under his avatar.

Sidenote: I'm seemingly too dumb for my current keyboard, so if you see the same character twice in a row, when it doesn't belong there just ignore it.
Old 2016-04-25, 09:26   Link #476
Ottocycle

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wandering_Youth View Post
By the way, one of the twin maids was calling Subaru, Barusu. Anyone care to explain that nickname?
It's the popular name of the most famous sequence from Laputa: Castle in the Sky.

Spoilers for the Ghibli film, naturally!
Old 2016-04-25, 09:36   Link #477
Tenzen12

I pretty sure they didn't see that. She might call him "balls" guy.
Old 2016-04-25, 10:09   Link #478
Kanon
Kana Hanazawa ♥

I was about as shocked as Subaru when the ending came. I guess we've got some killer maids on our hands. Getting out of this situation probably isn't going to be easy, at least if Subaru wants to stay in the mansion. I wonder if he'll ask to freeload as Emilia suggested this time. He clearly isn't cut out to be a butler.
Old 2016-04-25, 10:17   Link #479
FlareKnight
User of the "Fast Draw"

Send a message via AIM to FlareKnight Send a message via MSN to FlareKnight
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tenzen12 View Post
But he doesn't respawn just because he miss flag or two. On first loop Emilia got killed before him (and Felt with old timer) , but he didn't respawn until he got killed himself.
Yeah, while Subaru can use his ability to rewind after dying to save those around him I don't think the power necessarily cares about those around him. So far we have a lot of examples of him going back because he himself was killed and until we have a strong example that shows another reason he could be reset....I think it's easier to just run with it. Would expect that Subaru himself will be acting under that assumption anyways.

So far it seems like this situation is about saving his own life than necessarily saving someone else.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kanon View Post
I was about as shocked as Subaru when the ending came. I guess we've got some killer maids on our hands. Getting out of this situation probably isn't going to be easy, at least if Subaru wants to stay in the mansion. I wonder if he'll ask to freeload as Emilia suggested this time. He clearly isn't cut out to be a butler.
Might as well, would give him more time to figure out why someone would kill him anyways. Working hard is nice, but it doesn't matter as much if you don't get to live long enough. Does seem like a solid bet that one or both of the maids is involved in this. Roswaal very possibly gave the order, but doubt he'd dirty his own hands if he didn't have to.
Old 2016-04-25, 10:44   Link #480
aohige
( ಠ_ಠ)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tenzen12 View Post
I pretty sure they didn't see that. She might call him "balls" guy.
While Ram may not know the meaning, it's clearly a reference to Laputa, that's why Subaru said "the blinding magic!?" referring to the Barusu spell scene that blinds Muska.

Ram said it because she's just swapping the three letters Su-Ba-Ru around.
Subaru replied with a Laputa reference.

Also keep in mind, "Barusu" is far, far, FAR more famous and popular than you think.
Almost every time Laputa is on broadcast TV, 2ch crashes at the scene of Barusu from all the people posting "Barusu" on 2ch.

Tags
drama, fantasy