AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired M-Z > Nanoha/Vivid Franchise

Notices

Old 2008-09-30, 06:00   Link #321
Kha
~ I Do ~
*Author

And retcon the matters of StrikerS, with regards to the origins of the Cradle? I doubt they'd want to take that risk, unless they are willing to say Belka made...

...come to think of it, they might, considering the Belka love they've been giving for the last 2 seasons.
Old 2008-09-30, 10:25   Link #322
Excelx

Well that's up to Seven Arc...because Nanoha series are not manga adaptation after all...unlike Naruto and the others anime based on manga...
Excelx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-09-30, 12:29   Link #323
Evangelion Xgouki
NERV Personnel
*Author

Send a message via AIM to Evangelion Xgouki Send a message via MSN to Evangelion Xgouki
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kha View Post
And retcon the matters of StrikerS, with regards to the origins of the Cradle? I doubt they'd want to take that risk, unless they are willing to say Belka made...

...come to think of it, they might, considering the Belka love they've been giving for the last 2 seasons.
It was mentioned that even the Belkans classified the Cradle as a Lost Logia. So perhaps the Cradle (which originated from Al Hazard) was retrofitted to be used by the Belkans ala SDF-1.
Evangelion Xgouki is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-09-30, 14:12   Link #324
Ly'iol

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vivio Testarossa View Post
Actually analyzing what you say about "Al Hazard" (and to a lesser extent, the Shikon Jewel Jewel Seeds) it seems that the exact details of it are unimportant, or as Hitchcock put it a "MacGuffin". So in other words, I don't think much would be lost if "Al Hazard" "disappears".
I'm not sure if I correctly understood what you said. MacGuffins indeed are important plot devices concerning the stories, but have very little detail importance themselves. So if you removed MacGuffins all together, wouldn't that drastically change the story?
Ly'iol is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-09-30, 18:33   Link #325
Kha
~ I Do ~
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by Evangelion Xgouki View Post
It was mentioned that even the Belkans classified the Cradle as a Lost Logia. So perhaps the Cradle (which originated from Al Hazard) was retrofitted to be used by the Belkans ala SDF-1.
Yes I am conscious of that.

But the bottomline is, like the original SDF was built by Protoculture, the original Cradle was built by the space Arabs then retrofitted by Belka. To leave out Alhazred mention in S1 will make this point in the StrikerS movie a little "huh?", barring a good explanation of course.
Old 2008-09-30, 21:13   Link #326
Excelx

Movie? I was hoping Al Hazard will appear at season 4..so everyone can upgrade their device...catridge system seems weak..hahaha...besides, Mid-Childa technology are standard compared to Al Hazard (Jail said that when engage with fate right?)
Excelx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-10-01, 02:22   Link #327
Keroko
Adeptus Animus
*Author

I believe it was already stated that they wouldn't go into more detail on Al Hazard then S1 did, so we'll most likely get the same or a similar riddle we did in S1.
Keroko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-10-04, 23:46   Link #328
Kikaifan
Blazing General

Quote:
Originally Posted by Excelx View Post
Movie? I was hoping Al Hazard will appear at season 4..so everyone can upgrade their device...catridge system seems weak..hahaha...besides, Mid-Childa technology are standard compared to Al Hazard (Jail said that when engage with fate right?)
Jail said that his mindcopy clone immortality scheme was a standard technology of Al Hazred.
Old 2008-10-04, 23:58   Link #329
Vivio Testarossa
I'm Back

Something I've been wondering for a while, but supposing Precia was able to gather the Jewel Seeds reach "Al Hazard", and "revive" Alice... what would she have done with Fate, then?

Thank for help with signature Evil Rick.
Vivio Testarossa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-10-05, 00:01   Link #330
Comartemis
He Who Smites Shippers

Killed her? Ignored her? Thrown her out of the Garden of Time? I don't think she'd stop being psycho just because she got Alicia back.

Kill the Darkfic.
Burn the Angst.
Purge the Bad End.
Comartemis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-10-05, 00:29   Link #331
Evil Rick
Black Dragon
*Graphic Designer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Comartemis View Post
Killed her? Ignored her? Thrown her out of the Garden of Time? I don't think she'd stop being psycho just because she got Alicia back.
Maybe Alicia would like to have a sister
Old 2008-10-05, 03:27   Link #332
NorthernFallout
The Interstellar Medium
*Author

Quote:
Something I've been wondering for a while, but supposing Precia was able to gather the Jewel Seeds reach "Al Hazard", and "revive" Alice... what would she have done with Fate, then?
Precia would most likely stop being *completely* insane and spend some time with her daughter, ignoring that Fate even exist. Alicia will probably never know she have a sister. All this seems kinda probable because Al Hazard is unreachable for the others and so we can presume that Precia feels safe and that Alicia will never know what went on.

However, there might be some way to travel to Al Hazard anyway and then it might turn out...bad.

NorthernFallout is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-10-08, 14:12   Link #333
ZeroIchiNi

Send a message via AIM to ZeroIchiNi
Hey I've just found this website about Nanoha's movie design

http://www.sankakucomplex.com/2008/1...e-shocks-fans/

Spoiler for my thoughts:

What are your thoughts?
ZeroIchiNi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-10-08, 14:39   Link #334
Comartemis
He Who Smites Shippers

Oh noes!~ Her eyes are too big! This movie's gonna suck because of an insignificant design change that may not have any real bearing on the actual animation!

Kill the Darkfic.
Burn the Angst.
Purge the Bad End.
Comartemis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-10-08, 15:03   Link #335
Bananoha
♨(ゝω・)v

They just messed up on the poster. This wouldn't be the first time Nanoha posters had eyes that were way too big compared to the animation itself.

Sankaku really had to show that Type-Moon Nanoha image to enhance the large eyes in the poster, huh. >_>

Am I the only one that doesn't really like Nanoha's new barrier jacket? I thought the original was adorable. It'd make sense if she had to modify it as she grew up or something involving that incident....

OVA showing why they made barrier jacket modifications and one on the Yagami family because they need more love, please~

…少し…頭冷やそうか…?
Bananoha is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-10-08, 15:41   Link #336
Keroko
Adeptus Animus
*Author

Considering Fate's eyes seem to be normal sized, I'm saying some people at the art department got lazy.
Keroko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-10-08, 16:58   Link #337
Vivio Testarossa
I'm Back

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZeroIchiNi View Post
Hey I've just found this website about Nanoha's movie design

http://www.sankakucomplex.com/2008/1...e-shocks-fans/

Spoiler for my thoughts:

What are your thoughts?
What do you mean, by that! Big eyes are moe (and proportional to the "innocence" of the character in question).

Old 2008-10-08, 16:59   Link #338
Evangelion Xgouki
NERV Personnel
*Author

Send a message via AIM to Evangelion Xgouki Send a message via MSN to Evangelion Xgouki
Hmm...looks like some company needs to do a review of their quality control department...
Evangelion Xgouki is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-10-08, 17:39   Link #339
Vivio Testarossa
I'm Back

Quote:
Originally Posted by Evangelion Xgouki View Post
Hmm...looks like some company needs to do a review of their quality control department...
Quality control department? I don't see why they have to, as it isn't as bad as some of the images in StrikerS, where Nanoha looks like a drug addict.

Old 2008-10-08, 17:48   Link #340
Silvance
Storm Vanguard
*Graphic Designer

Quote:
Quality control department? I don't see why they have to, as it isn't as bad as some of the images in StrikerS, where Nanoha looks like a drug addict.
I definitely agree on this one...
Silvance is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
movie