AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Current Series > One Piece

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 2008-04-16, 19:00   Link #21
Blackbeard D. Kuma

Hatchi seems to know a lot about the areas within the strawhats' vicinity and the operations that go on in those areas. I won't be surprised if he is going to be the one to disclose any information about Jimbei to the strawhats.
Old 2008-04-16, 19:30   Link #22
chitgoks

wow! awesome! wonder how the world government would react once SH defeat any nobles around...
Old 2008-04-16, 21:37   Link #23
pinkusmalloy

I am go to make a guest on what is going to happen next, remember the card Ace gave to Luffy I think in the next chapter or two we are going to find out that Ace maybe on the island since their are noble on the island and from the spoiler they have a weird habit of making pirates their pets. Since it is believe that he is was beaten by a another pirate. Also If you remember back in the beginning of the manga Luffy was saying he wanted ten member for his crews, right know he has only nine member included himself i think before he go to the second part of the he is going to meet either his brother or next crew member before he go to the new world.
Old 2008-04-16, 21:52   Link #24
chitgoks

i think luffy's next crewmate should be one from the air he he he
Old 2008-04-17, 00:38   Link #25
Sazelyt
Μ ε r c ü r υ

The story is making another crazy turn again. Another strong crazy group appearing to block Strawhats, and again, a completely different kind of group.

So, the human puppies were really slaves. Very fitting for the leaders of the World Government. Considering their past and crimes, that group is a nice match for them. I have to ask where is Smoker? I guess, a strong marine that can stand up against those royal pirates from the World Government may be what the Strawhats need right now.
Old 2008-04-17, 00:52   Link #26
james0246

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fipskuul View Post
The story is making another crazy turn again. Another strong crazy group appearing to block Strawhats, and again, a completely different kind of group.

So, the human puppies were really slaves. Very fitting for the leaders of the World Government. Considering their past and crimes, that group is a nice match for them. I have to ask where is Smoker? I guess, a strong marine that can stand up against those royal pirates from the World Government may be what the Strawhats need right now.
Smoker is currently assembling a group to fight the Strawhats. Supposedly he is in or near the New World. I have to say I am interested in his (and Ao Kiji's) take on these "Nobels".
Old 2008-04-17, 01:17   Link #27
Sazelyt
Μ ε r c ü r υ

I didn't ask that question to get an answer. I was merely suggesting a rather honest man of his kind with strength would be a great asset for the Strawhats at that place.
Old 2008-04-17, 02:06   Link #28
UserName

Quote:
Originally Posted by james3wk View Post
Smoker is currently assembling a group to fight the Strawhats. Supposedly he is in or near the New World. I have to say I am interested in his (and Ao Kiji's) take on these "Nobels".
He's not assembling a group. He stated that he was aiming to increase his rank so he'd have more freedom. Giving as how he's in the Navy and not a pirate, he should be able to just request for more men unless he needs an higher rank to do so (in which it'd still come back to that.)
Old 2008-04-17, 02:30   Link #29
james0246

Quote:
Originally Posted by UserName View Post
He's not assembling a group. He stated that he was aiming to increase his rank so he'd have more freedom. Giving as how he's in the Navy and not a pirate, he should be able to just request for more men unless he needs an higher rank to do so (in which it'd still come back to that.)
Thank you for the clarification. I do not know how I could have mis-remembered Smoker's intentions so badly, but oh well .
Old 2008-04-17, 03:40   Link #30
aohige
( ಠ_ಠ)

Quote:
Originally Posted by marvelB View Post
Well, I guess I'll just paste the info from AP:
Reposting my posts are fine, but if you're going to do it, please keep my name in the quote.
Old 2008-04-17, 03:53   Link #31
Sazelyt
Μ ε r c ü r υ

Quote:
Originally Posted by aohige View Post
Reposting my posts are fine, but if you're going to do it, please keep my name in the quote.
Just when I have been wondering why a long time (months at the least) one piece spoiler translator at AP forums, who has also been posting here for a long time, would not do the same here, we got an unexpected visitor....
Old 2008-04-17, 18:37   Link #32
marvelB

Quote:
Originally Posted by aohige View Post

Ah, my bad. Yeah, I'll remember next time.

And speaking of which:

Spoiler for aohige's translation:

Yeah, that axe dude DOES resemble Kizaru. In fact, it would kinda make sense that the admiral we know LEAST about would appear next. After all, the previous storyline had a previously unknown Shichibukai as the villain....

And I should've known that Oda wouldn't have an onscreen death of a character. I guess that pirate that got blown up got pumped full of tranquilizer rather than lead....
Old 2008-04-17, 20:00   Link #33
Monkey D. Luffy

It wouldn't be too odd that the least known admiral so far would show up, especially when the Strawhats are getting ready to go to a completley unkown place to them, so meeting up with someone like Kizaru would only add to the coming arc. Plus, we've been wondering about the other Admirals so for someone like that to show up suddenly would set the upcoming chapters really high.
Old 2008-04-17, 20:44   Link #34
chitgoks

i wanna see brooke fight for real!!!!!!!!!!!!1
Old 2008-04-18, 14:10   Link #35
Rahan

I think the nobles are more important than who is the admiral the SH will face during this arc.

The nobles themselves are probably not that important (otherwise, the likes of Nami or Robin would have heard of them), but since they are the descendants of the founders of the WG, there are probably a lot of stuff concerning the lost history (which OP is related to I think) to be found in this arc.

Also, I don't think the silhouette match that well the one of Kizuru. In Robins flashback, I think Kizuru was wearing a hat, while this dude had just weird hair. Most likely, the nobles will have to call the admiral, he just isn't here to watch over the town.
Also, shouldn't the SH defeat a VA before they get to fight an admiral ? I don't remember them fighting with one (unless if you count Garp throwing bullets at their ship as fighting a VA)
Old 2008-04-18, 14:49   Link #36
naruto89

Hmmm I wonder if the dynamic relationship between Zoro/Sanji has changed after that incident with Kuma. "Zoro-kun" and "Sorry i have doubted you, go ahead, have fun" just doesnt seem right coming out of sanji's mouth.
Old 2008-04-18, 15:15   Link #37
Blackbeard D. Kuma

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rahan View Post
I think the nobles are more important than who is the admiral the SH will face during this arc.

The nobles themselves are probably not that important (otherwise, the likes of Nami or Robin would have heard of them), but since they are the descendants of the founders of the WG, there are probably a lot of stuff concerning the lost history (which OP is related to I think) to be found in this arc.

Also, I don't think the silhouette match that well the one of Kizuru. In Robins flashback, I think Kizuru was wearing a hat, while this dude had just weird hair. Most likely, the nobles will have to call the admiral, he just isn't here to watch over the town.
Also, shouldn't the SH defeat a VA before they get to fight an admiral ? I don't remember them fighting with one (unless if you count Garp throwing bullets at their ship as fighting a VA)
Chances are that the nobles are a bunch of weak cowards who simply flaunt off their authority. The fact that they would call an admiral if anyone tried to oppose them means that they are rather insignificant when it comes to strength. Of course they are going to act all high and mighty when all they have to do is hide behind an admiral in the event of danger. Because of this, they have that assurance that nobody would dare to touch them and therefore they act like snobs.

As for the guy with the axe looking like Kizaru, it is too early to tell. There is too much darkness concealing what he looks like. However, there is one thing that is similar between Kizaru's silhouette and this guy with the axe. In Kizaru's silhouette, his hat (this is what I believe it appears to be) protrudes out to the sides where his eye level would be. This guy with the axe, whether that is is his hair or not on top of his head, also has either of those two sticking out to the sides at his eye level as well. This definitely rules out the possibility of that guy being Akainu because Akainu wears just a normal hat like Kaku with a hood over his head.
Old 2008-04-18, 15:37   Link #38
Vegard Aune

My thoughts on this chapter:
-HOLYSHITSOMEONEACTUALLYDIED??? Seriously, when was the last time that happened? Skypeia? Okay, because this is One Piece, he might have survived, but he looked pretty dead to me.
-Yup, they're definitely going to fight an admiral in the near future. I doubt Oda would say "Attack the world novels and they'll call an admiral to kill you" unless he plans on actually doing that.

Apart from that, not much worth mentioning. Seems more like a chapter to set up the plot really.
Old 2008-04-18, 15:45   Link #39
marvelB

Well, either the axe guy is Kizaru, or he could be some powerful bounty hunter. I actually welcome either possibility, especially since we haven't seen the crew attacked by any bounty hunters since Whisky Peak. Still, since it was mentioned that the Nobles can summon an admiral at any time, it's practically guaranteed that Akainu or Kizaru will appear. Besides, Aokiji actually doesn't have any beef with the crew anyway...

And as for the rest of the chapter, of course it was awesome. I really like how the Shabondy Islands are like a huge tourist trap, what with all of the souvenirs and attractions. The Bon Chari looks like a lot of fun, too. Too bad guys like those Nobles are around to spoil the fun, though....

And speaking of them, I noticed that the summary from before was slightly mistaken about the noble Sharulia... she's Rosward's daughter, not son. Still, to think that they can just get away with buying pirates and merpeople... ugh. And considering that the crew is split up, it's possible that ANY of them can run into a Noble and end up getting enslaved (who's practically lost ALREADY).

Oh, and I must say I'm rather intrigued that there's a "Mermaid Princess". I know Sanji would be more than glad to meet her...
Old 2008-04-18, 16:20   Link #40
shankss
CP10

damn that chapter was brutal and violent since theyre forcing us to hate those nobles something big will pop up in next chapters..I mean were getting little but important clues about how World Goverment born, time for another admiral battle...
Closed Thread