AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Light Novels

Notices

Old 2015-02-27, 06:03   Link #11361
Windsgrace

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chris38 View Post
It's definitely not going to be released in February ... considering the previous release dates it might be released somewhere around March / April but that's only my speculation...
His other series was released recently so I believe it will be the latter of your speculation...in other words somewhere in late April or later... This is my own speculation however.
Windsgrace is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-02-28, 05:27   Link #11362
bakapervert
A pervert

zzhk just put it in BT, next volume is 25 April. When do they usually put out some teaser?
bakapervert is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-02-28, 06:01   Link #11363
Von Himmel
エーレンフェストの聖女

Quote:
Originally Posted by bakapervert View Post
zzhk just put it in BT, next volume is 25 April. When do they usually put out some teaser?
Hype!

..or so I want to say, but isn't this volume will be side-story?

Von Himmel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-02-28, 06:21   Link #11364
bakapervert
A pervert

By side story, I hope it won't be like the previous side-story volume where they just reused old SS.
bakapervert is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-03-01, 15:57   Link #11365
Windsgrace

Quote:
Originally Posted by bakapervert View Post
By side story, I hope it won't be like the previous side-story volume where they just reused old SS.
I certainly hope not Q.Q I wouldn't mind side stories of different Campiones; in other words the volume split up w/ each Campione getting ready for the war arc. Btw Von Himmel where did you hear this volume is going to be composed of side stories?
Old 2015-03-01, 17:32   Link #11366
Ophis
Dragon God

Location: Beyond the stars turning left and after passing by a Super Nova enter the Black Hole. House N°∞
I would like the SS to be at least post-volume 17. I'm eager to see Goudou's interactions with the girls after he braced his carnivorous self.
Ophis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-03-01, 17:41   Link #11367
WingsoftheDragonix

^Same here. I really hope that this is the case.
WingsoftheDragonix is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-03-01, 22:51   Link #11368
Wandering Soul

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ophis View Post
I would like the SS to be at least post-volume 17. I'm eager to see Goudou's interactions with the girls after he braced his carnivorous self.
I'm hoping for that too.
Old 2015-03-02, 00:26   Link #11369
Chris38

Well, I think it's best to not rise you're hopes too much.

While, I agree that it would be better to see some new side story content and the chance for that is pretty high, since from what I have seen most of the side stories that have been translated on BT, have already been incorporated into the previous side story volumes ... but you never know what the editor's and the author have in mind, especially when they release another side story volume so close to the previous one...

After all, how many side stories the author could have written, in about a year ... when he is also working on another different LN story, at the same time...
Chris38 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-03-03, 04:20   Link #11370
Windsgrace

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chris38 View Post
Well, I think it's best to not rise you're hopes too much.

While, I agree that it would be better to see some new side story content and the chance for that is pretty high, since from what I have seen most of the side stories that have been translated on BT, have already been incorporated into the previous side story volumes ... but you never know what the editor's and the author have in mind, especially when they release another side story volume so close to the previous one...

After all, how many side stories the author could have written, in about a year ... when he is also working on another different LN story, at the same time...
Yeah you have to admit writing two series simultaneously is a bit much....
Old 2015-03-04, 16:14   Link #11371
Zurvan
Divine Monarch

I thought the author was working on 3 series now, wasn´t he?
Zurvan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-03-04, 18:05   Link #11372
belatkuro
Kuro-chan

The third series is titled Chronicle Legion. Just came out last November. The illustrator is BUNBUN(Yuuki Yuna wa Yuusha de Aru)
belatkuro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-03-04, 21:28   Link #11373
Ghiest Cid

He such a busybody. Not a complaint. do I really have to say that?
Ghiest Cid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-03-05, 19:10   Link #11374
wghokay

It may be short stories about the past of other Campiones. In the manga bonus material (can be found in baka-tsuki) the author hinted about a story of Voban's time in Victorian England.
wghokay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-03-11, 02:28   Link #11375
saw2097

Even though we are a ways away from getting the next novel I am going to go ahead and post a theory I came up with.

I don't think the sword of salvation is the white blade Circe spoke of.

I have three reasons to believe this:

1. Godou wouldn't get it until the end of the series so we wouldn't see it in action.

2. Its primary power is too much like the Sword of the Beginning and the End, its like having two of the same thing. He already has a sword to fight with directly in battle as well so it being a sword like the black blade is unlikely.

3. I suspect that the sword of salvation will be destroyed in the end as it seems to be tied to the King of the End's curse.

So my theory is that the idea of the sword of salvation being the white blade is a red herring by the author and that the real white blade will be something very different.

Also I suspect that the white blade will be the key to defeating the King of the End once and for all.
saw2097 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-03-11, 02:56   Link #11376
Darius Drake

Quote:
Originally Posted by saw2097 View Post
Even though we are a ways away from getting the next novel I am going to go ahead and post a theory I came up with.

1. Godou wouldn't get it until the end of the series so we wouldn't see it in action.

2. Its primary power is too much like the Sword of the Beginning and the End, its like having two of the same thing. He already has a sword to fight with directly in battle as well so it being a sword like the black blade is unlikely.

3. I suspect that the sword of salvation will be destroyed in the end as it seems to be tied to the King of the End's curse.

So my theory is that the idea of the sword of salvation being the white blade is a red herring by the author and that the real white blade will be something very different.

Also I suspect that the white blade will be the key to defeating the King of the End once and for all.
While I don't have a problem with your explanation, I do disagree.

1. I can't really complain about this point. I mean, I can state my hope that this isn't the case, but, yeah, there's not really much for the series to go on with after that.

2. This point doesn't make much sense to me. The Sword of Beginning and End attack was made in imitation of the Divine Sword of Salvation. Added to which, the two powers are actually complete opposites (DSOS creates a storm by expelling weapons, SOB&E creates a storm by pulling everything into one point), meaning that their power fits well with the "Black & White Oppose" concept.

3. We've been assuming that Godou will get it as his authority from the KOTE. This would mean that whether or not the blade is whole is irrellivant. Heck, the Kusanagi Blade was shattered when Godou picked it up as an authority!
Darius Drake is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-03-11, 03:25   Link #11377
saw2097

Quote:
Originally Posted by Darius Drake View Post
While I don't have a problem with your explanation, I do disagree.

1. I can't really complain about this point. I mean, I can state my hope that this isn't the case, but, yeah, there's not really much for the series to go on with after that.

2. This point doesn't make much sense to me. The Sword of Beginning and End attack was made in imitation of the Divine Sword of Salvation. Added to which, the two powers are actually complete opposites (DSOS creates a storm by expelling weapons, SOB&E creates a storm by pulling everything into one point), meaning that their power fits well with the "Black & White Oppose" concept.

3. We've been assuming that Godou will get it as his authority from the KOTE. This would mean that whether or not the blade is whole is irrellivant. Heck, the Kusanagi Blade was shattered when Godou picked it up as an authority!
Let me explain:
2. Both attacks are basically area nukes, both destroying everything in a blast radius, so both would be used in battle for the same purpose. Which one he uses will simply become a matter of which one he feels like using. While the attack is different it accomplishes the same goal and there is just no reason for Godou to have two area nukes rather than something that could be used for a different purpose.

Like i said, I think the author is trying to fool using into thinking the Sword of Salvation is the white blade rather than another weapon.

Of course there is the possibility that he uses it once in the finale and that him getting it is just a symbol that he is the strongest Campione.

Last edited by saw2097; 2015-03-11 at 03:36.
Old 2015-03-11, 07:05   Link #11378
NemesisOmega

Quote:

I have to agree with the others, I feel it's unlikely the sword Godou will get is the Sword of Salvation.
My current theory, after reading the latest volume, is that Lancelot can manifest herself as a white sword for Godou.

I know Lancelot typically used a lance, but she is definitely big on the theme white and she made that pact with Godou at the end of the last battle to give him her aid. I can't help but feel that (given that whatever they did cut off her presence from the King of the End) it must have involved making her a subordinate god of Godou's (like the grass cutting blade).
NemesisOmega is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-03-11, 09:38   Link #11379
OverNOut
The Obsever

Quote:

One theory someone here has (forgot who so sorry) was that the white blade is Excalibur from Heretic King Arthur cause remember the Black Prince Alec and Princess Alice could not defeat Arthur so they sealed him instead and that could be foreshadowing that he'll be released in the future.
OverNOut is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-03-13, 19:03   Link #11380
saw2097

Quote:
Originally Posted by NemesisOmega View Post
I have to agree with the others, I feel it's unlikely the sword Godou will get is the Sword of Salvation.
My current theory, after reading the latest volume, is that Lancelot can manifest herself as a white sword for Godou.

I know Lancelot typically used a lance, but she is definitely big on the theme white and she made that pact with Godou at the end of the last battle to give him her aid. I can't help but feel that (given that whatever they did cut off her presence from the King of the End) it must have involved making her a subordinate god of Godou's (like the grass cutting blade).
While an interesting idea but the reason that the subordinate god can manifest as a sword is because in the myth he was a sword. Lancelot was just a knight in the myth so I rather doubt that.

I believe that Lancelot will be someone Godou can summon to the battle field to fight along side him, like how Alec can summon the Furies.

Quote:
Originally Posted by OverNOut View Post
One theory someone here has (forgot who so sorry) was that the white blade is Excalibur from Heretic King Arthur cause remember the Black Prince Alec and Princess Alice could not defeat Arthur so they sealed him instead and that could be foreshadowing that he'll be released in the future.
Maybe, but I am thinking more of a authority that takes the shape of a sword, as he already has two swords.

Also, isn't Excalibur basically the Divine Sword of Salvation.

Edit: Wait I take it back, if King Arthur was born from the Rama's myth then he should have similar authorities, essentially his version of the Divine Sword of Salvation, which is Excalibur. Now it would make sense if a watered down copy of the Divine Sword can destroy the original that Rama wields. Basically rather than getting the Divine Sword of Salvation, Godou will usurp a copy of it from King Arthur.

Speaking of which what is with the author and giving Godou so many sword style attacks.

And as for the up coming Campione war, I am calling it now that the first Campione Godou will fight is the Black Prince as he has fought Doni several times and so it would be repetitive to have him as the main villain of another novel and Vorban being the strongest will probably be fought last.

Last edited by saw2097; 2015-03-16 at 20:30.

Tags
action, campione, ecchi, godslayer, harem, light novel, myth, romance, sd bunko, shounen, supernatural, time travel, true harem