AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Light Novels > Mahouka [LN/M]

Notices

View Poll Results: Mahouka [LN/M] - Yotsuba Inheritance Arc (Volume 16) Rating
Perfect 10 67 68.37%
9 out of 10 : Excellent 11 11.22%
8 out of 10 : Very Good 12 12.24%
7 out of 10 : Good 2 2.04%
6 out of 10 : Average 1 1.02%
5 out of 10 : Below Average 2 2.04%
4 out of 10 : Poor 0 0%
3 out of 10 : Bad 1 1.02%
2 out of 10 : Very Bad 0 0%
1 out of 10 : Painful 2 2.04%
Voters: 98. You may not vote on this poll

Old 2015-05-07, 14:44   Link #1461
-Mahesvara_

Quote:
Originally Posted by Echizen777 View Post
The twins joining would make the next 9SC way too one-sided.

I had forgotten about Raymond, but in this case he would also contact Tatsuya I think.
He might have^, I'm mean the only info we know about vol 17 is from the preview.
-Mahesvara_ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-05-07, 14:48   Link #1462
luffyxnami

Quote:
Originally Posted by nani895 View Post
Lol i don't understand why you guys are coming hard on Ichijou for objecting the marriage. Yes maybe it was done purely for Masaki's sake, so whats wrong in that. Masaki loves Miyuki so they decided they will try to propose for their marriage. so what does that make them bad guy? All they did was express that they want Miyuki's hand in marriage for Masaki so they are not in support on MiyukixTatsuya marriage. They didn't know how Miyuki felt about marriage. From Ichijous point of view Tatsuya was her brother but now he is a fiancee, they don't what transpired in Yotsuba circle nor they know about feelings of Miyuki and Tatsuya. It's not like they are forcing Yotsuba for a marriage with Masaki.

Are you guys saying he should not even try to express his love? GTFO
No I am not saying that, it is just i think he should have ask her first. And the spoiler about him proposing to miyuki reck a duel coming up which is weird.
luffyxnami is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-05-07, 14:56   Link #1463
bones

So let me get this straight, Maya tells everyone that Tatsuya is her son and is not Miyuki's brother. She then talks privately to Tatsuya telling him that she lied but even if he marries Miyuki there will be no genetic problems with their children because Miyuki has been genetically modified.
bones is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-05-07, 14:58   Link #1464
black_cat1

Quote:
Originally Posted by ProxyAccount View Post

Shiba/Yotsuba Miyuki cannot be easily taken away from the Yotsuba, just like Juumonji Katsuto or Ichiouji Masaki cannot be easily taken away from their clans. It is a pipe dream that an immature young man might have. Only by giving up being an Ichiouji might Masaki marry Miyuki.

The Yotsuba would rather go to war than to give up Shiba Tatsuya and he would rather kill than be permanently separated from Miyuki. The two are a package deal.
Well, in the eyes of Kudou, it is an option. Remember he tried to tame Kazama to take Tatsuya away from the Yotsuba and got refused? In his mind, any way to strip the Shiba-duo from Yotsuba is ok. And he does not know much detail about the complex relationship inside the Yotsuba anyway.

In this plan, if Miyuki marries Masaki then naturally Tatsuya goes with her to Ichijou, that is a result Kudou want to see. He doesn't know much about the hidden "darkness" of the Shiba siblings at all, so the plan is good in his eyes.
black_cat1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-05-07, 15:03   Link #1465
Echizen777

Everyone is talking about Lina who belongs to USNA and forgetting Minoru, who can easily be used for this.

Quote:
Originally Posted by luffyxnami View Post
No I am not saying that, it is just i think he should have ask her first. And the spoiler about him proposing to miyuki reck a duel coming up which is weird.
Miyuki has no authority to do anything, if opinions were so important Mayumi would not be forced to marry Hirofumi or Katsuto, that's how arranged marriages work and how they always did things. They asked to Maya, who is the current heir and the one in authority to accept or refuse, Maya didn't ask Tatsuya to become Miyuki's fiancé either, she forced him to do so.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bones View Post
So let me get this straight, Maya tells everyone that Tatsuya is her son and is not Miyuki's brother. She then talks privately to Tatsuya telling him that she lied but even if he marries Miyuki there will be no genetic problems with their children because Miyuki has been genetically modified.
Yes.
Echizen777 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-05-07, 15:05   Link #1466
bakato

Quote:
Originally Posted by MRD143 View Post
if Saegusa Koichi and Kudou Retsu keep irritating Maya they won't be around much longer. The Yotsuba already know that the Saegusa were involved with Zhou and the Kudou pulled that crap with the P-Dolls at the 9SC so they probably could get permission from their Sponsor to take care of the individuals who have acted against the interests of Japan.
Speaking of which, now that Tatsuya's been accepted, I wonder if we'll learn what the Yotsuba's been doing with its parasite.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blarrow View Post
Nah most people would probably recognize FAE theory than decomposition behind it.
Not even that. The FAE theory is top secret.

Quote:
Lol i don't understand why you guys are coming hard on Ichijou for objecting the marriage. Yes maybe it was done purely for Masaki's sake, so whats wrong in that. Masaki loves Miyuki so they decided they will try to propose for their marriage. so what does that make them bad guy? All they did was express that they want Miyuki's hand in marriage for Masaki so they are not in support on MiyukixTatsuya marriage. They didn't know how Miyuki felt about marriage. From Ichijous point of view Tatsuya was her brother but now he is a fiancee, they don't what transpired in Yotsuba circle nor they know about feelings of Miyuki and Tatsuya. It's not like they are forcing Yotsuba for a marriage with Masaki.

No. We're bashing him cause he's trying to mess with the OTP.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bones View Post
Perfect.
bakato is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-05-07, 15:06   Link #1467
RaymondSageClark
Banned

Quote:

"Masaki loves Miyuki"
Totally wrong, that is just your assumption because that was NEVER told on the LN. Masaki's father was the one who object the marriage between Tats and Miyuki so is something related to "muh family interest".

Finally, something people who paid attention while reading the LN knows the marriage proposal of Miyuki and Masaki was just an assumption knowing Masaki is going to be the next 10MC head, Miyuki is the best couple for him since she is almost perfect.

@Bones, yeah your right. Here is something from Syokool about vol 16:

Spoiler for Explanation:

Last edited by RaymondSageClark; 2015-05-07 at 15:20.
RaymondSageClark is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-05-07, 15:07   Link #1468
aortax

People who saying the yotsuba need to answer the other clans are delusional or even need the other clans. They really don't need anybody they are self sufficient and more powerful than every other clan combined. Kudou ain't got anything on yotsuba they can easily spill his beans. Also tatsuya only got help from the kudou as he did not want to murder everybody in kyoto pretty much. The yotsuba were only docile at that time , so they wouldn't draw too much attention. They don't like it.
aortax is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-05-07, 15:10   Link #1469
bakato

Quote:
Originally Posted by aortax View Post
People who saying the yotsuba need to answer the other clans are delusional or even need the other clans. They really don't need anybody they are self sufficient and more powerful than every other clan combined. Kudou ain't got anything on yotsuba they can easily spill his beans. Also tatsuya only got help from the kudou as he did not want to murder everybody in kyoto pretty much. The yotsuba were only docile at that time , so they wouldn't draw too much attention. They don't like it.
True. This complaint will probably be ignored. We've already seen things like this before when the Juumonji submitted a request for Koichi to cease his support for the anti-magic movement. It's really just a formality with little to no weight behind it.
Old 2015-05-07, 15:14   Link #1470
MRD143

I wonder what Masaki would think of Miyuki if he knew she had been trained from childhood to be a killer. At Okinawa when she was 12 and she used Coccytus to freeze the rebel soldier she said it was the THIRD time she had done it, that means she had killed people before just for training purposes which is different from doing it in Battle.
MRD143 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-05-07, 15:17   Link #1471
ProxyAccount

It would be a bad precedent in the eyes of the Clans for an heir to be taken away by another Clan. Such an outcome would not be tolerated by the Numbers. No, a proposal by Ichiouji is too ignorant of 10MC politics to be Kudou Retsu's work, and more of the efforts of a naive, love-sick young man.

As mentioned, Kudou Retsu targeted Shiba Tatsuya. That was because he thought that the Yotsuba did not have a proper valuation of him. Also, since he was not the heir, he thought he could be taken from the Clan without a fight. He did not know that Tatsuya's valuation was so high (SCM) and that the Yotsuba know what his value is, hence the contract between the military and the Yotsuba.
ProxyAccount is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-05-07, 15:19   Link #1472
nani895

Quote:
Originally Posted by RaymondSageClark View Post
"Masaki loves Miyuki"
Totally wrong, that is just your assumption because that was NEVER told on the LN. Masaki's father was the one who object the marriage between Tats and Miyuki so is something related to "muh family interest".

Finally, something people who paid attention while reading the LN knows the marriage proposal of Miyuki and Masaki was just an assumption knowing Masaki is going to be the next 10MC head, Miyuki is the best couple for him since she is almost perfect.
We are imagining Masaki love Miyuki? lol...he practically daydreamed riding with Miyuki on his bike while about to prepare for an important task. What more proof do you want? Are you saying if author does not say the word "love" there is no love?

About family proposal...You may be right but you might not as well.

Cuz they are interested only in Miyukis prowess. Well if that's true they won't dare to submit marriage proposal for Yotsuba asking for their next heir. No one does that...so its only a contributing factor.

Gouki is potrayed as a loving father so along with the above factor and main reason being Masaki loves her, they proposed for marriage.

All are saying Kudou or Saegusa manipulated Ichijou's...but its not that easy...Ichijous are one of 10MC with prowess and numbers near to the level of Saegusa. Even if they want to manipulate them, for Ichijous to hear thier words they need to either have something that could implicate Ichijous or a formal alliance with Ichijous. So far author allowed no such thing.

So most logical conclusion is they want to have someone with the level of prowess of Miyuki and fueled with Masaki's feeling they made such a move.
nani895 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-05-07, 15:24   Link #1473
MRD143

I think this is an instance in which the customary Yotsuba secrecy is working against them because it means all the other Families have NO idea of the potential consequences of messing with Tatsuya's and Miyuki's Marriage. If the Ichijou's complaint causes emotional distress to Miyuki then Tatsuya WILL act to remove whatever is causing her any harm.
MRD143 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-05-07, 15:24   Link #1474
RaymondSageClark
Banned

@nani95 LN facts >>>>>>>>>>>>> your assumptions, even if you say Masaki's daydreamed with her nothing is confirmed by the LN, again there is a really long way from INTEREST and LOVE and Masaki have interest in her because she is perfect. If you want to see love go and look Miyuki's actions toward tatsuya.

Also, I edit my post including a summary from Syokool's page to end all this worthless discussion (finally we get a straight answer about that matter).
Old 2015-05-07, 15:27   Link #1475
Echizen777

Saegusa and Kudou can't manipulate Ichijou, Masaki learnt that they were supporting Zhou in volume 15, he didn't know that Kudou were supporting the Steeplechase event either. Fellow TMC members can't do something like this to begin with, they can only discuss.

Quote:
@nani95 LN facts >>>>>>>>>>>>> your assumptions, even if you say Masaki's daydreamed with her nothing is confirmed by the LN, again there is a really long way from INTEREST and LOVE and Masaki have interest in her because she is perfect. If you want to see love go and look Miyuki's actions toward tatsuya.

Also, I edit my post including a summary from Syokool's page to end all this worthless discussion (finally we get a straight answer about that matter).
It should be obvious but it's mentioned in vol 5 SS that she is his crush.
Echizen777 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-05-07, 15:27   Link #1476
black_cat1

Quote:
Originally Posted by ProxyAccount View Post
It would be a bad precedent in the eyes of the Clans for an heir to be taken away by another Clan. Such an outcome would not be tolerated by the Numbers. No, a proposal by Ichiouji is too ignorant of 10MC politics to be Kudou Retsu's work, and more of the efforts of a naive, love-sick young man.

As mentioned, Kudou Retsu targeted Shiba Tatsuya. That was because he thought that the Yotsuba did not have a proper valuation of him. Also, since he was not the heir, he thought he could be taken from the Clan without a fight. He did that Tatsuya's valuation was so high and that the Yotsuba know what his value is, hence the contract between the military and the Yotsuba.
Nah, I don't think Masaki's feeling is enough for Ichijou clan to actually disagree with Yotsuba. I mean, this is Yotsuba, one of twin-ace in 10MC, the untouchable. Ichijou clan should know pretty well that they are trying to marry 2 heirs which is impossible. But what if Yotsuba elects another heir? An heir can be replaced, and Yotsuba have others candidate too. With Kudou and Saegusa backing them, Ichijou can say that "Ok, you can choose another heir and let Masaki marries Miyuki". A good proposal (in their mind) for the situation and they can evade the rule that 2 heirs cannot marry each other.

Of course we know that this cannot be successful and the Yotsuba definitely will rebuke it but no one prevent Ichijou (and Kudou, Saegusa) from trying right? Saegusa might even lend a hand to Ichijou by proposing Mayumi to Tatsuya. After all, it is completely logical for them to make that move.
black_cat1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-05-07, 15:41   Link #1477
Clutchdog

Quote:

Well to be perfectly honest. It is quite pompous to interfere in other peoples business and engagements in such a way, considering that Miyuki is nearly a stranger to him. They've simply exchanged greetings.
But the 10MC, I guess has it's own way of doing things.

Quote:
"Masaki loves Miyuki"

@Bones, yeah your right. Here is something from Syokool about vol 16:

Spoiler for Explanation:
So both, Tatsuya and Miyuki have been modified? Also Miyuki being modified to be Tatsuya's partner, I wonder what this means exactly? Maybe Miyuki's supernatural senses concerning Tatsuya are not her 'intuition' powers as a MI magician, but the result of the modifications?
Clutchdog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-05-07, 15:42   Link #1478
bakato

Quote:
Gouki is potrayed as a loving father so along with the above factor and main reason being Masaki loves her, they proposed for marriage.
Portrayed? He's never even appeared.

Quote:

Uhh. It was stated.

Quote:
"Shiba Miyuki"
That was the name of the one Masaki had fallen for.
Old 2015-05-07, 15:51   Link #1479
luffyxnami

So the spoiler translated by ultra gunner was correct after all.
luffyxnami is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-05-07, 15:52   Link #1480
RaymondSageClark
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Clutchdog View Post
So both, Tatsuya and Miyuki have been modified? Also Miyuki being modified to be Tatsuya's partner, I wonder what this means exactly? Maybe Miyuki's supernatural senses concerning Tatsuya are not her 'intuition' powers as a MI magician, but the result of the modifications?
Yes, both have several modificacions by genetic engineering, Miyuki was modified to be Tatsuya's partner because nobody else is worthy for him or atleast to be his wife and obviously if the Yotsuba's wants to keep a really powerful bloodline they need to use the top line genes. About the intuition I have no idea so can't answer that.

Also, about Masaki falling in love with Miyuki I can say the same for every single guy who see how perfect is Mayumi. Something for you guys, that's called "childish love" and is not literally feel love for someone, like Miyuki does for Tatsuya.

Tags
satroll, shippers tragedy