AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Light Novels > Mahouka [LN/M]

Notices

View Poll Results: Mahouka [LN/M] - Master Clan Conference Arc (Volume 17-19) Rating
Perfect 10 12 25.53%
9 out of 10 : Excellent 10 21.28%
8 out of 10 : Very Good 13 27.66%
7 out of 10 : Good 7 14.89%
6 out of 10 : Average 3 6.38%
5 out of 10 : Below Average 1 2.13%
4 out of 10 : Poor 0 0%
3 out of 10 : Bad 0 0%
2 out of 10 : Very Bad 1 2.13%
1 out of 10 : Painful 0 0%
Voters: 47. You may not vote on this poll

Old 2015-07-16, 08:19   Link #121
fujin of shadows

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kadia View Post
^I might be wording wrong, i meant she was engaged elsewhere (just like MiyukixTat at Yotsuba main house) and officially known and discussed among 10MC during the meeting. Well..it's unlikely to happen but i for one would like to see Mayumi's reaction if she was engaged to someone not Tat. U know kind of a fantasy setting, a princess is forced to marry due to political reason and hope for a prince to rescue her. Unfortunately, such delusion won't happen to Mayumi for real
Mayumi can pitched in as a second wife for Tatsuya...I don't think the TMC would question or would opposed as long as their is results.
fujin of shadows is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-07-16, 08:26   Link #122
Crazy Frog
Dead People

Quote:
^I might be wording wrong, i meant she was engaged elsewhere (just like MiyukixTat at Yotsuba main house) and officially known and discussed among 10MC during the meeting. Well..it's unlikely to happen but i for one would like to see Mayumi's reaction if she was engaged to someone not Tat. U know kind of a fantasy setting, a princess is forced to marry due to political reason and hope for a prince to rescue her. Unfortunately, such delusion won't happen to Mayumi for real
Well, that prince maybe Hattori.

Quote:
Originally Posted by fujin of shadows View Post
Mayumi can pitched in as a second wife for Tatsuya...I don't think the TMC would question or would opposed as long as their is results.
Well in don't know about mistress, because Tatsuya not taking a lead and not Yotsuba next head but i can see Miyuki marriage another man in the future. Well basically second husband.
Old 2015-07-16, 08:55   Link #123
erbrah

Well koichi could jump on gouki's train and propose Mayumi x Tatsuya or his other daughters.

Also, Maya probably would not care if kicked out of 10MC. Yotsuba name alone is more astounding than any other.
erbrah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-07-16, 09:02   Link #124
TrueAlchemist

Quote:
Originally Posted by AP24 View Post
I forgot about Juumonji as it is the 3rd most powerful family, and since Lina doesn't have any influence then I'd say the Kudou familiy's chances are the same as most of the families. There are 28 families, and the 3 most powerful families Yotsuba, Saegusa and Juumonji will have the biggest chances to be selected and probably Ichijou as well.
Miyuki will refuse the proposal since she wants to be with Tatsuya. Though she was finally able to tell Tatsuya that she's in love with him, it will be interesting to see when she says that to other people and see how they will react.
Please correct me if I am wrong. I think, we only know Yotsuba and Saegusa as Number one and Number two. I don't think, Juumonji is labeled as number three.
We may need more details regarding the 10MC selection, but based on the preview of vol.17 Yotsuba, Saegusa, and Kudou clans are top three contenders. Both Juumonji and Ichijou clans were not mentioned in the preview.
Quote:
^U can't ignore the possibility as simple as that Gouki just dote on his son. From the SS and the story portrayed so far, it seems Ichijou is a warm family and is not quite political oriented. I believe they do not approach Saegusa because Gouki may realize that Koichi is quite patriarch which deems a younger man is not suited to his daughter. Sometime we tend to overthinking a bit.

Regarding the marriage, we haven't known in details yet how the marriage b/n 10MC proceed i.e. need majority of the vote so that the couple is formally accepted among 10MC or just b/n the engaged families. It is mentioned somewhere 10MC usually strengthens their bloodline by marriage among high caliber magicians, in other words among 10 Mc's scions. There was never a case like MiyukixTat that engages within family. There is a high chance for many oppositions from other families apart from Ichijou. If i were Koichi or Retsu, i would raise an objection too coz u know those foxes always wish to undermine Yotsuba's power especially Retsu who know how powerful Tat is.

IMO, Mayumi is out of the picture as long as she is still unable to stand against her patriarchal father. Her fiance might also be announced in this meeting too that y she made the gloomy face on the cover (apart from realizing Tat'sidentity)
I don't think, Masaki would ask his father to start a conflict against the most powerful clan because he has a crush on a girl that he met four occasions in two years. If you read the scene when Masaki and Tatsuya was trespassing into the military base, you can see that Masaki is the character who worry about possible consequences of his actions. He worried about the possibilities of ruining his school's name and his friend's presentation for the thesis competition if he gets caught. However, if it actually happens, it will be very interesting character development for Masaki.

At the end of vol.16, other number families sent the congratulatory letter to Yotsuba even though not every number families sent it. Only Ichijou raised the issue. Based on the preview of vol.17, it says, Ichijou's abnormal(irregular) behavior created the shock among 10MC. So, I am still assuming, the engagement is still a family matter. Again, if others have a problem, they can simply kick Yotsuba from 10MC or drop them to Extra if the issue is serious.

Only person who fears about Tatsuya being Yotsuba has been Retsu.
But, Kudou Retsu cannot object because Maya has an evidence from P-doll testing. If she drop this bomb, Kudou clan may get voted out of 10MC. But, I cannot predict anything about Koichi. The guy's response towards Tatsuya would be very interesting. I am sure, most of you guys caught this; if you look at Maya and Mayumi's name, they share the first character, "真" in their first name. Koichi must have some kinds of obsession with Maya. He has been going after what Maya is going after and even named his daughter with the name that carries the same character as Maya.
Besides Tatsuya vs. Jiedo Heigu, it would be very interesting to watch Koichi vs. Tatsuya.
TrueAlchemist is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-07-16, 09:12   Link #125
azarhal

Quote:
Originally Posted by TrueAlchemist View Post
Please correct me if I am wrong. I think, we only know Yotsuba and Saegusa as Number one and Number two. I don't think, Juumonji is labeled as number three.
Erika mention all three families as the only one with enough connections and power to deal with the USNA (boat) in the Visitor Arc.

Also, I don't remember the Saegusa being set as number two...
azarhal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-07-16, 09:12   Link #126
fujin of shadows

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crazy Frog View Post
Well in don't know about mistress, because Tatsuya not taking a lead and not Yotsuba next head but i can see Miyuki marriage another man in the future. Well basically second husband.
Not going to happen.

Society has double standards.

When man has more than one wife, that is polygamy.

When woman has more than one husband, the woman is label a slut.

Plus, Miyuki already has Tatsuya and he is the only Male Miyuki is comfortable with.

Tatsuya would probably be the head of the Yotsuba's figthing force and the adviser of Miyuki, I think, though it will not happen, Tatsuya can have a mistress if Miyuki would allow him.

It'll make there sex life interesting if nothing else.
Old 2015-07-16, 09:45   Link #127
pampz21
ShipCore

Looks like you guys are having a shipping war and no one invited me.

to Believe is to Live,
to Ship is to Believe,
the best part of believe is the Lie,
to Lie to oneself is to Live
and that is the Essence of Life

pampz21 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-07-16, 10:45   Link #128
amtro
Distro

Quote:
Originally Posted by fujin of shadows View Post
Not going to happen.

Society has double standards.

When man has more than one wife, that is polygamy.

When woman has more than one husband, the woman is label a slut.

Plus, Miyuki already has Tatsuya and he is the only Male Miyuki is comfortable with.

Tatsuya would probably be the head of the Yotsuba's figthing force and the adviser of Miyuki, I think, though it will not happen, Tatsuya can have a mistress if Miyuki would allow him.

It'll make there sex life interesting if nothing else.
It's not a double standard, it's a matter of perspective.
Women are breeders, more wives mean more children and thus males with superior genetic qualities, or resources may pass on their genes and legacy more efficiently. Polyandry on the other hand does no such thing. It is a waste of capable, virile men for the sole purpose of debauchery.

Someone with gifts as rare as Tatsuya's should be having as many children as humanly possible with as many mates as possible. Having Miyuki hog Tatsuya all to herself is a waste. The high the psion count, or ES would be a boon to any magician family. In fact I dare go so far as to claim that introducing high psion and ES to the mainstream public, even if ES is not as potent as Tatsuya's, would further magician development by decades, if not centuries.

Last edited by amtro; 2015-07-16 at 11:03.
amtro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-07-16, 12:30   Link #129
knaka148

Quote:
We may need more details regarding the 10MC selection, but based on the preview of vol.17 Yotsuba, Saegusa, and Kudou clans are top three contenders. Both Juumonji and Ichijou clans were not mentioned in the preview.

I don't think, Masaki would ask his father to start a conflict against the most powerful clan because he has a crush on a girl that he met four occasions in two years. If you read the scene when Masaki and Tatsuya was trespassing into the military base, you can see that Masaki is the character who worry about possible consequences of his actions. He worried about the possibilities of ruining his school's name and his friend's presentation for the thesis competition if he gets caught. However, if it actually happens, it will be very interesting character development for Masaki.

At the end of vol.16, other number families sent the congratulatory letter to Yotsuba even though not every number families sent it. Only Ichijou raised the issue. Based on the preview of vol.17, it says, Ichijou's abnormal(irregular) behavior created the shock among 10MC. So, I am still assuming, the engagement is still a family matter. Again, if others have a problem, they can simply kick Yotsuba from 10MC or drop them to Extra if the issue is serious.

But, Kudou Retsu cannot object because Maya has an evidence from P-doll testing. If she drop this bomb, Kudou clan may get voted out of 10MC. But, I cannot predict anything about Koichi. The guy's response towards Tatsuya would be very interesting. I am sure, most of you guys caught this; if you look at Maya and Mayumi's name, they share the first character, "真" in their first name. Koichi must have some kinds of obsession with Maya. He has been going after what Maya is going after and even named his daughter with the name that carries the same character as Maya.
Besides Tatsuya vs. Jiedo Heigu, it would be very interesting to watch Koichi vs. Tatsuya.
IIRC, in volume one, after the Blanche siege, it was mentioned that the two most powerful clans in the TMC at the time were Yotsuba and Saegusa, and Juumonji came in third. Of course, I read this a while ago, so I may be wrong.

Agreed that we don't have enough info on the TMC selection process.

Also, didn't Yotusba insist that the Kudou P-doll tape not be released? Of course, they may change their mind or only reveal it to the TMC, but they don't want it in the general public.
knaka148 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-07-16, 12:32   Link #130
black_cat1

Quote:

I agree with you about Retsu has a hand in Ichijou's objection. Miyuki's engagement is her own and Yotsuba's business. Retsu has always worried about Yotsuba overshadowed the 10 MC system he created. He tried to snatch Tatsuya always by provoke the 101st but was unsuccessful and now his weakness is in Maya's hand. In this situation, he cannot openly defile Yotsuba's will but using other to achieve this. Ichijou is a good choice as they have the criteria.

Saegusa probably will stay away from this as they suffered a lost in previous volumes and Koichi does not know exactly about the truth behind Miyuki and Tatsuya. I don't know what kind of story Retsu told Gouki but he might use Masaki as a reason to persuade Ichijou to act as Ichijou family seems to have a soft point with their children.
black_cat1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-07-16, 14:35   Link #131
Aciald

The yotsuba are a shadow organization. There is no way they will challenge Kudou Retsu publicly. Think about it objectively; shadowy, secretive organization publicly accuses acclaimed war hero and Patriarch of the Japanese magician community. That is not going to end well for the Yotsuba even with a taped confession (you can bet that retsu would not have a hard time producing evidence of the Yotsuba's ablities at mental magic and brainwashing). Short of Retsu strangling a First Year on live TV nothing is going to get to him.

The Yotsuba would either just make their enemies disappear or have a convenient accident not pick a public fight.
Aciald is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-07-16, 15:36   Link #132
Iramohs

Quote:
That's Honoka's position not Mayumi's.
Iramohs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-07-16, 15:38   Link #133
amtro
Distro

They could always unveil the identity of Mahesvara. It would both flatten the opposition and put Tatsuya and Miyuki in the limelight internationally. Two of Maya's goals in one move.
Old 2015-07-16, 17:11   Link #134
Ultragunner

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aciald View Post
The yotsuba are a shadow organization. There is no way they will challenge Kudou Retsu publicly. Think about it objectively; shadowy, secretive organization publicly accuses acclaimed war hero and Patriarch of the Japanese magician community. That is not going to end well for the Yotsuba even with a taped confession (you can bet that retsu would not have a hard time producing evidence of the Yotsuba's ablities at mental magic and brainwashing). Short of Retsu strangling a First Year on live TV nothing is going to get to him.

The Yotsuba would either just make their enemies disappear or have a convenient accident not pick a public fight.
I would agree with you completely if this were before vol 16 got released, but now, having seen Maya acting like a fanatic in the last vol , I am not so sure about how the Yotsuba will move in the future
Old 2015-07-16, 20:14   Link #135
Kadia

Quote:
Here the excerpt from v2, cfm that Jumanji is ranked three in 10MC
Quote:
Currently the two most influential families within the 10 Houses are the
Yotsuba and the Saegusa.
Coming in at third are the Juumonji
I think Kudou is mentioned in the preview as a clan fiercely fight in the information war against Yotsuba no? It doesn't mean Koudo's rank is within the top three. I personally think Koudo is still able to stay in 10MC only because Retsu is still alive.

Quote:
Love sometimes make u blind u know, he is still a highschool boy nonetheless. But i agree with u that Ichijou wouldn't interfere without proper causes or shallow reasons. And y is that becoming his character development? From his attitude towards Tatsuya in SSv5, he is not likely to make a move as long as he still can't win against Tat which is quite childish IMO. I don't think his character will be improved unless Tat's true capabilities are known to him. Thus, he will decide whether he still want to stick to previous loss and compete against Tat before moving on or just learn that nobody can be omnipotent and befriend Tat.

I don't think rescuing his old friend Sakai or taking revenge on behalf of him is the reason for Gouki to go that far. As mentioned in v16, Sakai is beyond help even after 5 years imprisonment he cannot get back to military and possible die in the prison. Also, in v13 it is said, there is a discord b/n Gouki and Sakai so Sakai is out of the picture. Thus i can't think of any other reasons apart from Masaki'slove interest or Gouki's ambition to climb the ladder of power/strengthening his bloodline.

Quote:
Let's me cfm something, only Ichijou raises the objection in the preview so far? I do also think that the engagement is winthin each family purview and as long as Maya is alive, noone inside Yotsuba can openly object the engagement. If not for the fact that branch head of Yotsuba afraid of Maya, they might raised an issue already.

Regarding the degradation of Yotsuba, even with unanimously voting from 28 families, they can't just simply do it without proper reasons especially going so far as "being an extra". So far Yotsuba hasn't done anything defining them as treasons.

Quote:
U mean Kasumi/Isumi or which daughters specifically, srry but i'm wholly ignorant about this number naming and i'm not Japanese speaker so pls elaborate a bit. This is the first time i'm hearing this, is it mentioned somewhere in the novel pls?

Last edited by Kadia; 2015-07-18 at 04:46.
Kadia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-07-16, 21:48   Link #136
knaka148

Quote:
Here the excerpt from v2, cfm that Jumanji is ranked three in 10MC

I think Kudou is mentioned in the preview as a clan fiercely fight in the information war against Yotsuba no? It doesn't mean Koudo's rank is within the top three. I personally think Koudo is still able to stay in 10MC only because Retsu is still alive.

Love sometimes make u blind u know, he is still a highschool boy nonetheless. But i agree with u that Ichijou wouldn't interfere without proper causes or shallow reasons. And y is that becoming his character development? From his attitude towards Tatsuya in SSv5, he is not likely to make a move as long as he still can't win against Tat which is quite childish IMO. I don't think his character will be improved unless Tat's true capabilities are known to him. Thus, he will decide whether he still want to stick to previous loss and complete against Tat before moving on or just learn that nobody can be omnipotent and befriend Tat.

I don't think rescuing his old friend Sakai or taking revenge on behalf of him is the reason for Gouki to go that far. As mentioned in v16, Sakai is beyond help even after 5 years imprisonment he cannot get back to military and possible die in the prison. Also, in v13 it is said, there is a discord b/n Gouki and Sakai so Sakai is out of the picture. Thus i can't think of any other reasons apart from Masaki'slove interest or Gouki's ambition to climb the ladder of power/strengthening his bloodline.

Let's me cfm something, only Ichijou raises the objection in the preview so far? I do also think that the engagement is winthin each family purview and as long as Maya is alive, noone inside Yotsuba can openly object the engagement. If not for the fact that branch head of Yotsuba afraid of Maya, they might raised an issue already.

Regarding the degradation of Yotsuba, even with unanimously voting from 28 families, they can't just simply do it without proper reasons especially going so far as "being an extra". So far Yotsuba hasn't done anything defining them as treasons.

U mean Kasumi/Isumi or which daughters specifically, srry but i'm wholly ignorant about this number naming and i'm not Japanese speaker so pls elaborate a bit. This is the first time i'm hearing this, is it mentioned somewhere in the novel pls?

Oh, yeah, my mistake, it was volume 2, not 1. I just thought "enrollment arc" when I made my comment. I should have said arc 1, not volume 1.

Agreed that Kudou is mentioned as a clan that can stand against Yotsuba. From what I gather, it refers to Kudou as being historically as strong as the other two. I think in the past Kudou, Saegusa, and Yotsuba were the three major powers that kept each other in check. As they say, habits die hard, so even those in the TMC still see it that way, even if other families grow stronger.

We simply don't have enough info to know what the Ichijou's are thinking at this point. There may very well be a reason that we don't know about that Gouki is doing this. Same for any objection by other families.

BTW, in the last quote, it clearly says that Maya and Mayumi have the same first character in their name. The implication is that Koichi named Mayumi with Maya in mind. Of course, we don't know this for sure and it may just be a coincidence.
knaka148 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-07-18, 04:23   Link #137
NAJ P. Jackson
Magus

Cool that Mayumi is in the cover of Volume 17. Clearly she's relevant in the volume. I want to see how she'll react upon learning the siblings true identity and their engagement.

"Thou art I... And I am thou... Thou hast established a genuine bond... The inner most power of the Awesome Arcana has been set free. We bestow upon thee NAJ P. Jackson, the ultimate form of the Awesome Arcana."
NAJ P. Jackson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-07-18, 04:26   Link #138
AP24

We might find out in 2 weeks if Mayumi's reaction will be in the first chapter.
AP24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-07-18, 04:43   Link #139
NAJ P. Jackson
Magus

About Ichijou clan protest on Tatsuya and Miyuki's engagement. Is their clan powerful enough to demand such things? Do they have enough clout to even interest the Yotsuba in the proposition of Miyuki marrying Masaki? From what I've seen of the Ichijou clan I wasn't really impressed.

That said I'm hoping Maya might consider the proposal carefully. More drama is sure to come from it. And that would open up for Mayumi to make a move if she have plans to.

"Thou art I... And I am thou... Thou hast established a genuine bond... The inner most power of the Awesome Arcana has been set free. We bestow upon thee NAJ P. Jackson, the ultimate form of the Awesome Arcana."
NAJ P. Jackson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-07-18, 05:04   Link #140
fujin of shadows

Quote:
Originally Posted by NAJ P. Jackson View Post
About Ichijou clan protest on Tatsuya and Miyuki's engagement. Is their clan powerful enough to demand such things? Do they have enough clout to even interest the Yotsuba in the proposition of Miyuki marrying Masaki? From what I've seen of the Ichijou clan I wasn't really impressed.

That said I'm hoping Maya might consider the proposal carefully. More drama is sure to come from it. And that would open up for Mayumi to make a move if she have plans to.
Maya won't reconsider.

Maya played all her cards to meticulously, so deviously, so calculatingly that it is worth praised, but the players involving her plans are so volatile that the margin for error is so small, that one mistake from her part and everything would deteriorate

Also, the Ichijou does not have any leverage on or against the Yotsuba. In terms of reputation, wealth, and power, the Yotsuba has the Ichijou beat by a mile.

The Ichijou cannot offer anything that would enticed Maya to change the engagement and Miyuki would probably ripped the offer at first chance.

Tags
political intrigue