AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Light Novels > High School DxD [LN/M]

Notices

Old 2024-03-07, 06:11   Link #1
Hyodou True DXD
Hyodou True DXD .

Ishibumi should find a New Author for continuing the writting of Shin DXD?

Hello, how are you guys ?

Already 4 years have passed since the release of Shin DXD's Volume 4 and 2 of DX 7's one, Ishibumi recently said on Twitter that he will try to release something new this year but honestly I doubt it.

His health probably isn't going to improved and with the advancing of the age it can even got worst. I think that maybe is time for him and his publisher to start looking for someone else to which trust the release of the next Shin Highschool DXD's Volumes.

In my opinion Ishibumi did a mistake in try to handle on his own both Shin DXD and Slash Dog, if he isn't in the conditions of releasing the Volumes then it would be better for the sake of the series that he leave Shin DXD to a new author while he could just focus on Slash Dog and some others possible Spin-Off and Prequels when he can.

Are you agree with me?
Hyodou True DXD is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 2024-03-07, 13:56   Link #2
Lex79

If Ishibumi will be in condition to write in the near future I'd be fine with one or two more volumes to end the series. It wouldn't be as good as we could have gotten in an ideal world, but some closure is still better than nothing.
If he can't write, which of course I hope it's not the case, I'd be OK with just a summary of what was planned for the next arc and the ending.
I'd be ok with a new writer being hired for continuing the series under the condition that Ishibumi remains the one who decides the plot and supervision the new volume to make sure they fit with tue existing material. I don't want to risk feeling I'm reading a different series because a new author tries to do his own thing or isn't familiar enough with the story and yhe characters.
Old 2024-03-07, 17:48   Link #3
Hyodou True DXD
Hyodou True DXD .

Is almost impossible that the series would end up in just two Volumes cause how many things he has the handle and development.

I would hate the deletion of the series but I would glad a summary about what he would have done.

Yeah probably it wouldn't be nice feeling to be reading a different series but maybe Ishibumi and the pubblisher would both give a the new possible writters a big amount of advices and a list of the stuffs he can do and he can't.
Old 2024-03-08, 10:58   Link #4
Xuanwu

He should give it to Rippu or someone else next year and supervise it. I highly doubt there's any Shin DxD release this year.
Xuanwu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2024-03-09, 05:12   Link #5
Hyodou True DXD
Hyodou True DXD .

Yeah likely if something would came out this Year it would be another DX. If we would be extremely lucky it could have a least a new story in which we know who have wins between Tobio and Dulio.
Old 2024-03-09, 17:51   Link #6
zarmag

Ishibumi pls be healthy

someone should send a twitter message to Ishibumi that he should take things slow and focus on his health, I don't want DxD to be an unfinished novel like Kaze no Stigma and etc... And he should finish DxD first considering it's already the final arc of the story.
zarmag is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2024-03-10, 06:02   Link #7
Anime-Oppai-Lover
Oppai Queen

Things might have been easier on Ishibumi if the Evie had been replaced by either Loki stealing an Artificial Sacred Gear that worked like Gasper's or if they had only appeared in the present day during their mention after Trihexa's re-sealing, as their actions in the more recent novels is a major reason why the story isn't at a good stopping point.

It was an interesting direction for the story to take at the time, but with how his health started to take a turn for the worse? Their presence makes things harder on him since it gives him more work.
Old 2024-03-10, 10:45   Link #8
Hyodou True DXD
Hyodou True DXD .

I think that Ishibumi choice to introduced the Eevie cause he wanted make opponents to don't belonged to any Real Life's Mythology and have a excuse to make both Issei and Vali above Dragon God's Level.
Old 2024-03-10, 23:36   Link #9
Qliphoth Bacikal

As much as it would be a shame for it to happen, I kinda can see if Ishibumi just gave the reigns on this to someone else or a group of people who can continue off the worldbuilding of DxD. He doesn't to be away of it, he can still serve as supervisor and whatnot to whoever he'd possibly give a hand to with all of this.

In a way though, Ishibumi was probably fine just keeping it to the physical world that is earth and exploring the various realms of the mythological side of the world. Him introducing the ExE Gods, while it wasn't a bad concept, just didn't flow right and there also hasn't been much of them appearing in the actual series itself.

it's a shame though since the series is a mix of being funny and horny yet actually decently entertaining and cool with the varied cast of characters (as varied as it could(, and for what it's worth, I kinda did like how the Gods, Angels, Devils, Dragons, etc. were portrayed sort of. Wished they were more expanded upon or shown rather than being merely mentioned here and there, but it is what it is.
Qliphoth Bacikal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2024-03-11, 06:11   Link #10
Hyodou True DXD
Hyodou True DXD .

Ishibumi has make so many characters and factions that he have got problems in handle and development everything. For example we have now Saji and Dulio that have end up be side-line characters.

Hope he would stay as supervisor if he would really give the rest of his work to someone else.
Old 2024-03-11, 10:28   Link #11
B214

It's not so simple to be like find someone to take over and the story continues. The person taking over may have his own vision or idea for the series that may not match with Ishibumi.
For example, what if the person taking over decides not to continue with Ise building a harem and change it to OTP. And the girl Ise ends up with isn't even Rias anymore.
B214 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2024-03-11, 14:25   Link #12
BCMan5388

Quote:
Originally Posted by B214 View Post
It's not so simple to be like find someone to take over and the story continues. The person taking over may have his own vision or idea for the series that may not match with Ishibumi.
Highschool of the Dead has been left on indefinite hiatus since a few years before the original creator passed away, and without a replacement to finish the story, carry on his legacy and keep his memory alive, we were left with a ton of unanswered questions, such as:

Who or what caused the zombie outbreak?
Will it ever be stopped?
Where are Takashi's parents?
Where is Alice's mother?
Are Prof. Koichi Shidou and his cult ever going to get punished in some way?
Is Takashi going to go steady with Saeko or Rei, or both?

I could do this all day.

High School DxD shouldn't suffer the same fate if Ishibumi can't continue.
A replacement-- At least we'll have answers and a conclusion.
No replacement means no answers and no conclusion. It's irremissible.
BCMan5388 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2024-03-11, 16:06   Link #13
cyberdemon

Quote:
For example, what if the person taking over decides not to continue with Ise building a harem and change it to OTP. And the girl Ise ends up with isn't even Rias anymore.
Ishi could write up a specific storyline that a new author has to follow with a contract specifying so. Ishi could take on a more directional position where he solely calls the shots on what is written before it gets to editors or publication.
Old 2024-03-11, 17:03   Link #14
Xuanwu

Quote:
That specific example is not possible cause they have had proposals already.

And of course, Ishibumi wouldn't let anyone do that to his series if he's still alive. He has input and supervision of Junior DxD even if he isn't writing it. There's no reason Rippu or someone else can't write Shin DxD, Slash Dog or any other DxD novel under Ishibumi's supervision.

Honestly think Ishibumi should just stick to side stories and stuff. His health is most important. How do we suppose he's going to do both Shin DxD and Slash Dog at this point? Every year, we think Shin DxD 5 is gonna come out but then it doesn't. IIRC, he hasn't even written much at all.
Old 2024-03-12, 02:37   Link #15
Lex79

Quote:
I want to believe no sane editor would ever allow something like that to happen, but that's why Ishibumi has to stay as a supervisor and have the final say regarding the development of the story.
Old 2024-03-12, 05:07   Link #16
Hyodou True DXD
Hyodou True DXD .

Quote:
Originally Posted by BCMan5388 View Post
No replacement means no answers and no conclusion. It's irremissible.
It would be the worst possible scenario. Hope it wouldn't ever happened.

Quote:
Originally Posted by cyberdemon View Post
Ishi could write up a specific storyline that a new author has to follow with a contract specifying so. Ishi could take on a more directional position where he solely calls the shots on what is written before it gets to editors or publication.
Agree. He could act like a supervisor and give advices to new author about what he should and what he can and can't do.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xuanwu View Post
That specific example is not possible cause they have had proposals already.

And of course, Ishibumi wouldn't let anyone do that to his series if he's still alive. He has input and supervision of Junior DxD even if he isn't writing it. There's no reason Rippu or someone else can't write Shin DxD, Slash Dog or any other DxD novel under Ishibumi's supervision.
Yeah a choice like that would completely ruined and screw what Ishibumi did till now. I'm sure they would try to found a author that have a vision similar to the one of Ishibumi that wouldn't try to completely take the full control over the story.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lex79 View Post
I want to believe no sane editor would ever allow something like that to happen, but that's why Ishibumi has to stay as a supervisor and have the final say regarding the development of the story.
I think we shouldn't be worry about this. The editor wouldn't ever let the new author got fully creativity freedom and let he to screw what Ishibumi did till now.

A completely change of the story could hated by the readers that would choice to drop the ball with the story.

Quote:
Honestly think Ishibumi should just stick to side stories and stuff. His health is most important. How do we suppose he's going to do both Shin DxD and Slash Dog at this point? Every year, we think Shin DxD 5 is gonna come out but then it doesn't. IIRC, he hasn't even written much at all.
Indeed.

I believe he should be more focus on his health and try to writte something only when he can.

We can't go on like this forever. This year maybe would finally be able to release Shin DXD 5 but then how we should have to wait for Shin DXD 6 and the others?
Old 2024-03-12, 05:34   Link #17
Xuanwu

^There was not even a DX volume last year + Ishibumi said his focus is on Slash Dog iirc. Very doubtful if there's Shin DxD 5 this year.

Really, I'm just waiting for Junior DxD because it's at least confirmed for release this year and I wanna see how the new author writes for DxD. Hopefully decent enough to continue Ishibumi's work if necessary.
Old 2024-03-12, 06:02   Link #18
Anime-Oppai-Lover
Oppai Queen

Quote:
^There was not even a DX volume last year + Ishibumi said his focus is on Slash Dog iirc. Very doubtful if there's Shin DxD 5 this year.

Really, I'm just waiting for Junior DxD because it's at least confirmed for release this year and I wanna see how the new author writes for DxD. Hopefully decent enough to continue Ishibumi's work if necessary.
I wonder if this is what birthed Junior DxD in the first place?

With how long the gaps between updates have gotten, it wouldn't shock me if Ishibumi is reluctant to consider help despite the pleas of whoever has the authority to make such a call, and so they needed to create something new for the DxD series that wouldn't be directly interfering in the main story.

Rippu might have even been picked to take over as the new author if this is the case, or is just helping for this one project to help convince Ishibumi to pick someone if it works.
Old 2024-03-12, 07:34   Link #19
Hyodou True DXD
Hyodou True DXD .

Quote:
I dislike that he has choiced to give priority to Slash Dog over Shin. If we would lucky this year there would a new DX in which we would know the result of Tobio vs Dulio and maybe even the fight between Sairoarg and Indra.

Quote:
For the moment I'm not sure if I would read the Full Volume of Junior, I'm curios enough to read some Summary and some spoilers.

I wonder how many Volumes it could have and what kind of role Issei and co could have?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anime-Oppai-Lover View Post
Rippu might have even been picked to take over as the new author if this is the case, or is just helping for this one project to help convince Ishibumi to pick someone if it works.
Maybe you're right.

Perhaps Junior could be just the beginning for Rippu.

Last edited by Hyodou True DXD; 2024-03-12 at 07:45.
Old 2024-03-12, 08:34   Link #20
Xuanwu

Slash Dog hasn't been released in much longer so it's no surprise. I do read Slash Dog and plan to keep up with Junior DxD as well, so it's not much of a big deal to me as long as Ishi is involved.

And yeah, Rippu is probably meant to continue Ishibumi's work. He's quite young too. Junior DxD is most likely just to test the waters and make him familiar with writing for the DxD universe.