AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired M-Z > Nanoha/Vivid Franchise

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 2007-01-09, 18:48   Link #1561
Dragnfly@Gamefaqs
Vampie Walrus. Big fangs

Yeah, back I posted that first Megami scan with the knights before A's aired somebody pointed out that they were all cars.

And yeah, I'm gonna have one hell of a tough time deciding what to buy. In that I know I'd suffer for buying a pillowcase or bedsheet.
Old 2007-01-10, 01:12   Link #1562
Owaranai Destiny
Nick of Time~

Send a message via AIM to Owaranai Destiny Send a message via MSN to Owaranai Destiny
Just finished a marathon session of Nanoha and Nanoha A's, and I have to say regretting not taking it up earlier when I saw them.

Perhaps this isn't the appropriate place to comment on my feelings for the two seasons, but StrikerS does seem to promise a lot, after what I've seen. The merchandise seems rather tempting too, but only if I get to live alone in a few years' time while hiding them somewhere.
Old 2007-01-10, 02:47   Link #1563
Kiety
Feito-ism
*Fansubber

glad you enjoyed it wat's wrong with Nanoha merchandise btw! i have nanoha posters all over my work cubical

only 1/2 of the people here think i'm pedo
Old 2007-01-10, 02:58   Link #1564
Vexx
Obey the Darkly Cute ...
*Author

Tell them you can't possibly be pedo... Nanoha can melt continents and blow holes through mountains... you would not want to piss her off.
Old 2007-01-10, 03:53   Link #1565
Mincemaker
Hmmm?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vexx View Post
Tell them you can't possibly be pedo... Nanoha can melt continents and blow holes through mountains... you would not want to piss her off.
And make lots of friends in the same time.
Old 2007-01-10, 04:42   Link #1566
Kikaifan
Blazing General

I wonder what she'd do if she defeated someone and they wouldn't become her friend? Would her whole world collapse?
Old 2007-01-10, 04:45   Link #1567
Nightengale
~Night of Gales~
*Author

Am I the only one who's more excited in knowing what kind of villians StrikerS will present itself with rather than which old cast will be returning along with their spotlights?

I like Nanoha and SDF and all, but I can't seem to get too excited at their prospects. Villians >> Heroes. :P

Edit : ~ I hope whoever Nanoha shoots down in StrikerS (( IT WILL HAPPEN )) doesn't become her friend, especially if they're some evil shadow organization aces. She'd be more haxx than Kira then.

The sleeping lion shall awaken beyond the depths of time, crossing ten billion lights, come to Terra.
Old 2007-01-10, 04:47   Link #1568
Sheba
RUN, YOU FOOLS!

Location: Formerly Iwakawa base and Chaldea. Now Teyvat, the Astral Express & the Outpost
I want the villains, seriously. They had believable goals and agendas unlike most of those found in shonen.
Old 2007-01-10, 05:01   Link #1569
Kikaifan
Blazing General

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nightengale View Post
Am I the only one who's more excited in knowing what kind of villians StrikerS will present itself with rather than which old cast will be returning along with their spotlights?

I like Nanoha and SDF and all, but I can't seem to get too excited at their prospects. Villians >> Heroes. :P
But the Nanoha cast is mostly former villains. That's why they're so cool.
Old 2007-01-10, 05:12   Link #1570
Chi-no
Light & Dark User

This is an anime that had me waiting ever since the day I heard that it is coming out ....
Old 2007-01-10, 05:14   Link #1571
Nightengale
~Night of Gales~
*Author

Villains >> Former Villians. Or at least I often find non-generic (( though some generic villains were able to break the stereotype while staying the stereotype ...like Dio Brando. Does it even make sense!? :P )) villians much more interesting than main characters, even if the latter is more likable.

Ideally, I found Fate more endearing in the original Nanoha rather than A's, even if she's more cute in the latter. Similarly to the Knights, I suppose. Or at least that's the kind of vibes I'm getting from the transitional manga...even if 4 chapters is a bad assumption. It's not that it's bad for them (( actually, it's good for character development and interaction on a lighter side )), it's just that them as genuine villians there and then makes it feel more impactfully meaningful. Maybe cause there was more emo?

Actually...I'm kinda hoping Nanoha, the Nanoha Brigade and SDF end up as accidental villians this time around while the enemies they fight are the good guys.

The sleeping lion shall awaken beyond the depths of time, crossing ten billion lights, come to Terra.
Old 2007-01-10, 05:34   Link #1572
Kiety
Feito-ism
*Fansubber

i wish i was a villain in Nanoha's world, she she can come shoot me and become friends OR the script writers decided that Nanoha doesn't need any more friends and I end up dying a very painful death
Old 2007-01-10, 06:00   Link #1573
Dragnfly@Gamefaqs
Vampie Walrus. Big fangs

I'm sure it'd be painless. Quick and painless. And very very pink.

Speaking of death, I want to see Nanoha and Galaxy Faulein Yuna square off to see who can make friends quicker.
Old 2007-01-10, 06:10   Link #1574
Kiety
Feito-ism
*Fansubber

imo Nanoha vs Lina Inverse would be the best matchup
Old 2007-01-10, 06:35   Link #1575
FlameSparkZ
the "Z" is for "Zeta"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dragnfly@Gamefaqs View Post
I'm not big on sentai stuff but that was pretty cool. I think it'd work. I like the idea of ditching armour into people for massive damage, like in... some game I played a long time ago. Can't quite remember but it was an import mech game where one of the best ways to kill infantry was by ditching an empty gun at them.
There's also a character in a game called Little Fighter 2 that uses a heavy armor, when his HP goes under 25%, you can press a combination of keys and he blows away his armor, then makes a spear from a part of the armor. He also becomes super fast! XD

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kiety View Post
That would end in destroying the planet
Old 2007-01-10, 06:39   Link #1576
Owaranai Destiny
Nick of Time~

Send a message via AIM to Owaranai Destiny Send a message via MSN to Owaranai Destiny
I'm pretty sure StrikerS will have situations *slightly* more complicated than those shown in its two predecessors with its villains. They are grown up, after all, not that the situations with the villains in both seasons weren't unique in their own ways...
Old 2007-01-10, 06:45   Link #1577
kingofthemoleppl

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kikaifan View Post
I wonder what she'd do if she defeated someone and they wouldn't become her friend? Would her whole world collapse?
She'd just try again. After that, nobody would repel her offer of friendsship a second time. >_<
Old 2007-01-10, 07:09   Link #1578
Alu
Guide my hand...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kiety View Post
Lina : Darkness from twilight, crimson from blood that flows; buried in the flow of time; in Thy great name, I pledge myself to darkness. Those who oppose us shall be destroyed by the power you and I possess. DRAGON SLAVE !!!

Nanoha : I summon the light of destruction down upon my prisoners. Stars, gather... and become the light that pierces everything. Tear through everything in a blaze of light. STARLIGHT BREAKER !!!

Back on topic now..., well it is natural if a new amount of characters is beeing introduced, some of the prior known will eventualy get the shaft, or in the worst case scenario... rarely be shown at all ; never the less it is still too soon to make any assumptions, specialy since the only thing we have as a solid base is a StrikerS Promotion picture..

Mahou Shoujo currently does have already a large number of characters, this of course if we include all of the Wolkenritter; characters these that I am pretty positive that many (as myself) would feel sad if they ended up only having a small role in the up-coming part of the story...
However.. with so much still unclear, if even the new characters shown in the Promo turn out to be antagonists, I trust Mahou Shoujo to give a good plot and twist in the story; something that.. hopefully if it comes to this.. will end up explaining (in a matter that most will be content) as to why the screentime will be given to X Y and Z instead of to A B or C.

To me one of the strong points in Mahou Shoujo was definitly the twists in the story and character revelations... from Fate's in season 1 to Reinforce's in A's.., so.. the thing I pray the most is that StrikerS, above everything else presents me with something near as good in this aspect

But it definitly goes without question that many will be pretty upset (myself included) if they chose to focus the screentime more in the new characters rather then in the 3 main ones, Fate, Nanoha & Hayate
Old 2007-01-10, 07:55   Link #1579
LoweGear
Secret Society BLANKET
*Graphic Designer

I don't understand where people get this idea that Subaru and the others are antagonists... obviously they're on the same side as the Aces, and I definitely can't imagine Subaru and the others, who seem to have so much respect for the Aces, suddenly turn against them UNLESS something EXTREMELY unforgivable happens, which I doubt because of the Ace's personalities.

While I'm one of the fans of the enemy turn friend cliche, I'd like it if they didn't turn these new villains into allies outright after everything's said and done... a begrudging shotgun alliance would be the best we can hope for, where an antagonist betrays his side simply because it's convenient, and not for any moral reason (Or because he's got Nanoha's trigger finger on Divine Buster Extension trained on him XD ).

Against all the evil that hell can conjure, all wickedness that mankind can produce... We will send unto them, only you.
Old 2007-01-10, 08:47   Link #1580
Mincemaker
Hmmm?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kikaifan View Post
Starlight Breaker them again then. And again. And again. Or use that more powerful version (what's the name again) if it doesn't work.
Closed Thread