Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Current Series

Notices

Old 2022-09-11, 15:42   Link #101
Blaat

Quote:
Originally Posted by Guardian Enzo View Post
Moar Gulusgammamon, please.
Pretty much yes. I wish the show would balance the episodic and important plot episode/Gulusgammamon episodes better, way too much of the former not enough of the latter.
Old 2022-09-11, 16:56   Link #102
Guardian Enzo
Seishu's Ace
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blaat View Post
Pretty much yes. I wish the show would balance the episodic and important plot episode/Gulusgammamon episodes better, way too much of the former not enough of the latter.
That too. But mostly I just love hearing Sawashiro Miyuki go off.
Guardian Enzo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2022-09-11, 23:00   Link #103
Obelisk ze Tormentor
Black Steel Knight

We are 42 episodes in and Gulus only appeared 3 times! Can you believe that?
Old 2022-09-24, 22:44   Link #104
Guardian Enzo
Seishu's Ace
*Author

I'm getting kinda bored with Canoweismon. Need another super evolution.
Old 2022-10-02, 08:35   Link #105
Guardian Enzo
Seishu's Ace
*Author

Gammamon imitating Kiyo's freakout was one of the funniest things I've seen all season.

Yamaguchi Kappei always brings it. Wish we heard more of him these days.
Old 2022-10-02, 23:19   Link #106
Obelisk ze Tormentor
Black Steel Knight

The skydiving battle is awesome!
Old 2022-10-03, 18:51   Link #107
Galaxian

Spoiler for :
Galaxian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2022-10-28, 08:16   Link #108
alex_drian

This week episode was a trip.
alex_drian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2022-12-18, 11:58   Link #109
Obelisk ze Tormentor
Black Steel Knight

This Digimon episode is a hot!
YouTube
Sorry; dynamic content not loaded. Reload?

Also...
YouTube
Old 2022-12-19, 02:56   Link #110
Chosen_Hero

Siriusmon is really cool, easily one of my new top favorites.
Old 2023-01-28, 23:02   Link #111
Guardian Enzo
Seishu's Ace
*Author

Well, that was dark.
Old 2023-02-11, 12:51   Link #112
Blaat

Looks like Ghost Game is ending this season with Toei announcing a new show in the same time slot starting in the first week of April.
Old 2023-02-19, 23:05   Link #113
Chosen_Hero

And just like that Hiro's dad returns and at the same time the digital world is gone... damn.
Old 2023-04-01, 19:35   Link #114
Alchemist007
*Author

More fun than the original's remake was.

7/10

Images
Old 2023-11-05, 10:49   Link #115
Guido
Snobby Gentleman

Digimon Ghost Game. Final Thoughts

As of today, I have recently finished Digimon Ghost Game, and to tell you all the truth it was a fun ride and a far, far better improvement by a planet from the Digimon Adventure remake.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Obelisk ze Tormentor View Post
Hoo...second episode is even better than the previous one.
  • We get proper bonding between Hiro & Gamma.
  • We get Digimon of the week with proper misguided motivation.
  • The senpai is still the caring coward who is more interesting.
  • The girl who is obsessed with the holo-ghost doing silly & eccentric stuffs in front of real mummies
  • We get the digi-volution & battle, and I like how the name & information of the attack flashed in Hiro's head so that he knew what command that he needed to give to his Digimon.
  • I like that the enemy Digimon is "redeemed" via talk & reasoning instead of being obliterated. It was a scary Digimon too which is cool to see him be a somewhat good guy. He wasn't evil originally as has been shown that he was willing to answer Hiro's questions before they fought.
  • Aaaand turns out the silly girl already has her own Digimon. A good hook to follow next episodes.
  • Also, I have to say, for a Toei Digimon show, the direction remains good & atmospheric. Looks like Masashi Sogo's script is also working so far.
You nailed it right in those points, and I'm adding more.
  • The Digimon of the MC all have their own personalities.
  • The background Digimon many of them have as well their own personalities and charisma.
  • For example, Angoramon and Jellymon need no babysitting by their partner humans.
  • The final battle was decided between Siriusmon and Regulusmon settling their score personal, a first in a Digimon franchise.

The show did, indeed, have flaws, and one of them was that it became weary the trope of talking out misguided Digimons out of their misdeeds. I realized this until the late 20's episodes batch. Nevertheless, I actually did not feel weary of it, because maybe I guess this kind of plot device was a novelty for me and the execution of it in each episode felt fair to me.

And, there's still lots to add in this review that I do not where else to continue.

Digimon Ghost Game meshed well the themes of ghost story and urban legends at the same level as titular shows like, for example, GeGeGe no Kitaro and Gakkou no Kaidan, and it became a first for a Digimon entry into the franchise that it crossed the line jeopardizing human civilians lives with cursing, torture, and agony.

I mean it went gradually from bad to worse for the human victims and the MC humans as the series progressed, and the fatality cases got nastier and escalated by the 50's episodes.
In particular, the 61st episode with Zeed Milleniumon as the villain of the week was almost flawlessly executed, and it was worth watching the drama, the tragedy, and the struggle.
The writers for Ghost Game did Milleniumon justice in that episode, in spite or being in episodic format rather than becoming part of a wholesome arc. They redeemed as an end-of-the-world threat whereas in the Adventure remake he got wasted away almost instantly by the power of friendship regardless of all the setup and fanfare Milleniumon was given in its respective story arc in the previous Digimon show.

But, if there's another flaw that Ghost Game had it was that they dumped a lot revelations and information for the final episode, and clearly there were some mysteries left unresolved.

In short, Hiro, Ruli, and Kiyoshiro inferred from Quantumons' actions that she earned a second objective by transfering Digimon into the human world so that they could interact with the humans and retrieve selected digimon back to the digital world in order to analyze the data of human emotions.
Wha the MC humans infered was that the mass exodus ordeal that Quantumon created became sort of a game, which unceremoniously explained the reason behind the "Game" word in the title.
Honestly, Quantumon should have been Hokuto's partner, because their personalities were so much alike.

Leaving aside that, GulusGammamon got eaten by Sirius and forced into coerced submission by Gammamon so as not to hurt anybody else. This is another first in a digimon entry that the main antagonist of the series doesn't get killed, but he still keeps his personality, consciousness, and memories without being eaten.

An additional plot twist is that GulusGammamon was the original entity and body, and he is NOT a local from the Digital World we know of. He came from another planet or most likety from another digital world in an alien world. Said alien world got consumed by an entity that he refered as the End Bringer.
It could explain why the local Digimon life-forms were openly hostile to Gammamon ostracizing him, because originally that body was not his and still was perceived as an alien life-form by the time Hokuto found him.

I guess Gammamon should thank Hokuto since I believe no doubt that he appealed to Quantumon to have the little digimon's life spared, he unawared that it was an incarnation of the evil GulusGammamon and took no time to start infecting the local Digital World with his GRB virus.
His intention although wretched would serve purpose to create an army strong enough to oppose the End Bringer.

It also begged another question, how Hokuto got into the digital world in the first place?

A sequel would be good to show how society would have changed after both digimon and humans interacted with each other to set for a new society and having the End Bringer entity as the final antagonist of said story, but I guess that's not gonna fly since Ghost Game is done.

I know I got real lazy with this series, but I'm glad to be done with Ghost Game before the years run out since ended back on late March.

The ride was enjoyable and so did the characters.

Well, still I'm looking forward to the film Digimon Adventure 02: The Beginning to get released in cinemas in my country this month.
Guido is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2023-11-06, 05:11   Link #116
Guardian Enzo
Seishu's Ace
*Author

Mysteries left unresolved indeed. What was the deal with that scar on Hiro's ear?

Tags
digimon