AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Current Series

Notices

Old 2023-11-12, 13:16   Link #41
grecefar

It's sad how social media now can dictate if you business will work or not.
grecefar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2023-11-12, 15:42   Link #42
Blaat

Not going to lie I thought he committed suicide at the end.
Old 2023-11-12, 20:00   Link #43
SeijiSensei
AS Oji-kun

Me, too, but I don't think this show would go there. Adding Madoka's story really elevated this series. It brings in many more threads than one would expect from a show about young F4 drivers.
SeijiSensei is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2023-11-13, 02:56   Link #44
magnumcyclonex
Cyclone Magnum

I would name this episode "Struggle"

Seems like almost everyone in this episode has some sort of struggle or issue they are going through.

Satsuki definitely misses racing and puts up a happy go lucky front for his fangirls, but he's going to go through withdrawal.

His teammate who is now the #1 driver desperately wants to move up in his career, but is taking the opposite approach to what Satsuki used to do. I wonder if that attitude will hold him back.

Haru felt bad about the non closure between him and Kouya and it's a good thing Kota advised him to go visit Kouya. Little did he know, Kouya has become even more reclusive.

The thing about Japanese companies, as depicted in anime, is that the outward facing image is so important. Perception often can become reality and association with someone or something can propel or tarnish the perceived reputation. The company is obviously looking out for it's own back. Kouya cannot ever seem to escape the truth of what happened in the past. At this point, he probably cannot work as a photographer again.
magnumcyclonex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2023-11-13, 16:25   Link #45
Dextro
He Without a Title

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blaat View Post
Not going to lie I thought he committed suicide at the end.
Yeah, I was also wondering if the show was going for an attempt. Doesn't seem to be the case though.

And you can tell our japanese James Hunt fan is having quite the crises of confidence. He looks all genki on the outside but, inside, he's starting to mentally collapse. Lucky for him, he's got just the person to help him out right there. (yes, I'm on board that ship now )
Old 2023-11-19, 16:57   Link #46
grecefar

haruka joining belsorisso for a while it's cool, he is learning and improving. I would like for him ot stay with them but he needs to be the underdog in the end.

I understand were harunaga is coming from, it seems that belsorisso are not thinking about him and are already replacing him.
Old 2023-11-20, 01:30   Link #47
BBOvenGuy
Math Ninja
*Author

I had a feeling Haruka would end up in the second Belsorisso car. But it felt to me like Satsuki was being a little too paranoid about being let go. Maybe it's different in the lower ranks, or in the F1 feeder system.

This episode featured two things that make F1 different from the major American series. The F1 ladder emphasizes perfection and precision. Set the car up perfectly and drive it perfectly, and you'll win. All the major American series emphasize the ability to make adjustments throughout the race. NASCAR's longest race starts in the afternoon and ends at night, and it does that deliberately because adjusting to the different track conditions is part of the game. And on dirt tracks, the conditions can be different on every lap. Max Verstappen may be stomping the field in F1 this year, but I'd like to see him go 100 laps at Eldora against Tony Stewart or Kyle Larson.

The other big difference, one I had to laugh at, was the snooty French restaurant the Belsorisso guy took Haruka to. This year's IndyCar champion Alex Palou goes out for fried chicken when he wins. Colton Herta goes out for tacos. And Kyle Larson's wife chugs a beer in Victory Lane when he wins.
BBOvenGuy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2023-11-20, 08:08   Link #48
Guardian Enzo
Seishu's Ace
*Author

I don't think there's anything guaranteed about a seat waiting for Satsuki when he comes back. If Tokumaru and Haruka are still there I think he'd be strictly a support driver unless one of them was out of commission. And if Tokumaru moved up to F3 after the season, Satsuki and Haru would probably have an open competition for the #1 slot.
Guardian Enzo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2023-11-26, 13:04   Link #49
SeijiSensei
AS Oji-kun

Not your average sports show!
SeijiSensei is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2023-11-26, 14:40   Link #50
Dextro
He Without a Title

Such an impactful episode. Ngl, I almost teared up at the end there. Survivor's guilt is real. And it really doesn't help how the photograph ended up causing so much extra pain on top. From the start it was always kind of silly how people would claim that he should have rushed into a tsunami to save a girl when it was clear the photo was taken from very far away. But, tbf, that's how people are. They're emotional and unreasonable. And publishing the photo can be seen as in poor taste by profiting off of someone's death. But I think anyone would have been shaken after surviving that and seeing first hand, through the viewfinder, the look of sheer despair on that little girls face. Especially when he knew her! The team behind this show did a stellar job here.
Old 2023-11-26, 18:07   Link #51
grecefar

in the end people will always look for someone to blame without knowing nothing and that truly sucks.
Old 2023-11-26, 21:40   Link #52
blakstealth
Les Pays Bass

Ah, this inevitable episode finally came out. Really glad that the grandpa didn't seem to share the same sentiment as the rest of his family. Hopefully, Madoka has moved past his guilt and we can get back to more racing!
blakstealth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2023-11-26, 23:23   Link #53
Alchemist007
*Author

This may be the climax of the show, or at the very least for Kouya. It was very well done and emotional; we get to see the way the events of that day unfolded and the follow up with the grandfather. The now revealed second picture they took together is a nice touch and also a reminder about the better part of someone's life.
Old 2023-11-27, 06:21   Link #54
Guardian Enzo
Seishu's Ace
*Author

That episode was Overtake's Gegege no Kitarou 2018 Episode 20 ("Memories of the Y?ka" - the war one). A masterpiece.
Guardian Enzo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2023-11-27, 22:33   Link #55
Cloudedmind

Send a message via MSN to Cloudedmind
This was a stellar episode. Using the Eddie Adams and Saigon Execution photo really brought home how power photos can be, but also where some of their flaws lie. When Kouya brought it up I basically had the same convo in my head that he later has with Haruka in the car. In a way photos can lie by omission.

Here's a statement Adams made in Time magazine back in '98 about the photo.

"Two people died in that photograph: the recipient of the bullet and General Nguyen Ngoc Loan. The general killed the Viet Cong; I killed the general with my camera. Still photographs are the most powerful weapons in the world. People believe them; but photographs do lie, even without manipulation. They are only half-truths. ... What the photograph didn't say was, "What would you do if you were the general at that time and place on that hot day, and you caught the so-called bad guy after he blew away one, two or three American people?". ... This picture really messed up his life. He never blamed me. He told me if I hadn't taken the picture, someone else would have, but I've felt bad for him and his family for a long time. ... I sent flowers when I heard that he had died and wrote, "I'm sorry. There are tears in my eyes."
Old 2023-12-02, 02:17   Link #56
magnumcyclonex
Cyclone Magnum

I've caught up after missing 2 episodes from traveling. Good to see our MC get a good chance at moving on up in the racing world. The injured driver has to face his reality and I hope this bonds him with the girl. No. 2 driver is still gonna be no. 2 driver with that kind of attitude. Whether he was right or wrong about how our MC was driving, he should have had thicker skin and not give in to the "pressure" of the slip stream.

In the latest episode, that was very heartbreaking. I am saddened to see that this was one of the grandfather's last moments. But his last words to Kouya really helped him recover. The conversation about the Pulitzer prize winning photograph carried a lot of weight. Great episode and great writing overall. I too was almost in tears when he handed the phone to Kouya. Very powerful moment.
Old 2023-12-03, 15:19   Link #57
shmaster
オンドリャァァァ!!!

Binged watch the show and... what can I say...
The shows focus on characters' emotion and growth are great.
And the race setting felt more like a setting to introduce the characters and let them grow, which is an approach I like. The gradually increased focus on the racers' pressure and fear is also very well paced.

Ep.9 is a real surprise. The show just suddenly become twice as good in that episode. It also also apparent to the eye that episode was specially made. Not easy too, with the climax of the show being something unrelated to the main setting of the story but still have the plot flow into it so naturally.
And yeah, also need to give Konishi praises on his great acting.
shmaster is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 2023-12-03, 16:14   Link #58
grecefar

With two chapter left it was too much to ask for haruka to be in the podium and then ask himself what now?, if he truly want to be pro or just be in the podium is enough and end the series.

He realized something at the end with the tires, so I'm hoping a win in the last chapter.
Old 2023-12-04, 02:21   Link #59
magnumcyclonex
Cyclone Magnum

Haruka finishing first would have been a bit OP given that they're still a lesser equipped F4 team compared to Belsorisso. No. 2 driver gave the rookie a taste of what it's like to lead and be in first place, but still could not handle the pressure from Haruka during the race. I feel like this character hasn't had any growth, while the injured one has.
Old 2023-12-04, 05:38   Link #60
Dextro
He Without a Title

Quote:
Originally Posted by magnumcyclonex View Post
Haruka finishing first would have been a bit OP given that they're still a lesser equipped F4 team compared to Belsorisso. No. 2 driver gave the rookie a taste of what it's like to lead and be in first place, but still could not handle the pressure from Haruka during the race. I feel like this character hasn't had any growth, while the injured one has.
I disagree on him having no character development. He started the show as extremely cocky and jealous of the team's first driver. He thought he could be first driver but, when push come to shove, he realized it's not so easy and has been slowly cracking under the pressure ever since. Haruka coming in and pushing him that hard pushed him near to the edge and we can clearly see they're building up for him to have his big growth moment. I'd bet on it happening next episode.

Tags
racing, sports