AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > General > Video Games

Notices

Old 2014-11-21, 17:31   Link #8601
Last Sinner
You're Hot, Cupcake

Really hope that gear change for heroics gets reverted back to Personal Loot. When I reached heroic ilvl, was able to improve 7 slots in half a day. Since they changed it to NBG, I haven't been able to obtain anything new and I haven't seen anyone else in my groups get anything either...This just makes reaching that 635 ilvl needed for LFR that much harder to reach. I might be relying on a Level 3 Salvage Yard to help me out at this rate on top of the Tailoring Emporium.
Old 2014-11-21, 17:38   Link #8602
Tokkan

Send a message via MSN to Tokkan
Quote:
Originally Posted by Last Sinner View Post
Really hope that gear change for heroics gets reverted back to Personal Loot. When I reached heroic ilvl, was able to improve 7 slots in half a day. Since they changed it to NBG, I haven't been able to obtain anything new and I haven't seen anyone else in my groups get anything either...This just makes reaching that 635 ilvl needed for LFR that much harder to reach. I might be relying on a Level 3 Salvage Yard to help me out at this rate on top of the Tailoring Emporium.
Good news. http://us.battle.net/wow/en/forum/to...?page=127#2531

Quote:
Thanks for all the feedback on these changes. As a team, we do prefer personal loot as a solution for Dungeon Finder groups, which is why we modified and extended the system we’ve had in place for Raid Finder. We heard from sources both within our team and the community that the experience of defeating a boss and no ceremony beyond three gold on its corpse, or the possibility of finishing an entire dungeon without seeing any items, felt flat and even a bit broken. Based on those concerns, we decided to roll back a system that had been in place for a week to a system that had been in use for years, while we continued to polish and refine the personal loot system to deliver an optimal experience to players. However, we underestimated the impact and positive elements of personal loot, in terms of reducing contention and drama in random match made groups.

We now have a hotfix in the works that will do two things:

The default loot system for Dungeon Finder groups will once again be Personal, instead of Need Before Greed. Full premade groups that prefer the latter system will be able to select it manually, as always.
We're increasing loot yield from the final boss of each dungeon.
With Personal loot active, each player in a group will now always receive an item from the final boss.
With Need Before Greed active, the boss will now drop 3 items to be shared among the group as desired, up from 2 previously.
Tokkan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-11-21, 17:44   Link #8603
Mr Hat and Clogs
Did someone call a doctor

Thank fuck.

Still think they should have gone with loot protection like with coins in MoP raids though.
Old 2014-11-21, 18:26   Link #8604
Kyero Fox
Tastes Cloudy

Best Pet ever, Molten Corgi!
Old 2014-11-21, 18:43   Link #8605
GDB

That's amazing, and the guaranteed loot makes it actually enticing to do dungeons.
GDB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-11-21, 18:49   Link #8606
Mr Hat and Clogs

Change should be active now.
Old 2014-11-21, 20:00   Link #8607
Last Sinner
You're Hot, Cupcake

If it wasn't for a major storm currently passing through my area right now, I'd be hitting up heroics big time right now. Thanks for the heads up.

How's everyone's Garrison going atm? Here's how mine is.

Level 3
---------
Town Hall

Level 2
----------
Enchanter's Study, Tailoring Emporium, Salvage Yard, Lunarfall Inn, Lumber Mill, Lunarfall Excavation, Herb Gardem, Fishing Shack

Level 1
---------
Barracks, Dwarven Bunker

Followers:

Epic 100s - Millhouse Manastorm (Gnome Arcane Mage), Magister Serena (Human Frost Mage), Kimzee Pinchwhistle (Goblin Combat Rogue), Qiana Moonshadow (Night Elf Guardian Druid)

Rare 100s - Soulbinder Tuulani (Draenei Shadow Priest), Talonpriest Ishaal (Arrakoa Shadow Priest), Defender Illona (Draenei Protection Paladin)

Only thing lacking with those 7 is someone to counter a Massive Strike. Building upgrades are now hindered until I clear the achievements that unlock access to Level 3 plans. Bunker and Barracks upgrades cost so many resources....

Magister Serena is just a godsend for my garrison. Counterspell and Time Warp to negate Powerful Spell and Timed Battle. Has the utterly dreamy trait combo of Burst of Power (^ mission success if mission under 7 hrs) and Epic Mount (reduces mission time by 50%), with Child of the Moon (^ success if teamed with a Night Elf). If I team her with Qiana, they pretty much steamroll anything with a 3rd that counters anything they don't. I can also crank Tuulani and Ishaal together with the Power/Mount combo and their counters. Millhouse and Kimzee generally fill in whatever else needs to be countered.

Last edited by Last Sinner; 2014-11-21 at 21:12.
Last Sinner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-11-21, 23:45   Link #8608
GDB

Your Serena sounds freaking amazing. Based on her name compared to the names on the Horde side, I assume she's from the Talador Outpost? None of mine are that awesome. Not yet, anyway.

So far, my Paladin's garrison is:

Town Hall - Level 3
Large - Barracks level 3, War Bunker level 1
Medium - Lumber Mill level 3, Trading Post level 1
Small - Salvage Yard level 2, Forge level 1, empty level 0
Other - Mines level 3, Herb level 2, Pet level 1, Fishing level 1

I'd like to get the War Mill to level 3 this week, but I also intend to demolish the Trading Post and put up a Tavern and get it to level 2, and I don't think it's possible to do both of those this week.
Old 2014-11-21, 23:53   Link #8609
Mr Hat and Clogs

Town Hall - 3
Large: Barracks - 2; Dwarven Bunker - 2
Medium: Lumber Yard - 2; Trading Post - 1
Small: Engineering - 2; Enchanting - 2

Mine - 2; Herb - 2; Fishing - 1; Menagerie - locked.

I love my Epic Mount Bruma, that -50% is a god send, pairing her with the +200% Resource return Tuulani is great. I need to level more followers up though. Only have like 4 at max level, I had some seriously horrible missions for a while there.
Old 2014-11-22, 00:19   Link #8610
GDB

As far as max level followers go, I got 4 on my Death knight, 4 on my Warrior, and and 15 on my Paladin.
Old 2014-11-22, 11:15   Link #8611
Mr Hat and Clogs

Need to level an alt, probably my Priest or Paladin. Need Blizzard to add a Shard Shatter option so we can make dust, I'm drowning in blues upgraded or otherwise.
Old 2014-11-22, 14:25   Link #8612
GDB

If you want to heal, don't go Paladin. It's so bad I'm considering dropping heals all together and switching to my Warrior.
Old 2014-11-22, 16:27   Link #8613
Ithekro
Gamilas Falls

How is paladin tanking or damage?
Old 2014-11-22, 16:44   Link #8614
Awrya
U mad?

Is it just me or is prot warri totally broken right now in pvp?
Gladiator stance puts him above other tank classes.
Old 2014-11-22, 18:10   Link #8615
Mr Hat and Clogs

Warriors do seem to be back to their original Hero Class status, hehe.
Old 2014-11-22, 20:19   Link #8616
GDB

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ithekro View Post
How is paladin tanking or damage?
Not sure about tanking (though from what I've read, it's no worse or better than it was in MoP), but damage is better than in MoP since Inquisition is baked in now. Not sure how it is in a raid/dungeon environment though.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Awrya View Post
Is it just me or is prot warri totally broken right now in pvp?
Gladiator stance puts him above other tank classes.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr Hat and Clogs View Post
Warriors do seem to be back to their original Hero Class status, hehe.
Something is fun? Nerf incoming in 3, 2...

(Please don't nerf it, I'm tempted to main it solely because I've wanted to go Captain America dps since TBC, when it was more effective to do dailies as Prot than Ret).
Old 2014-11-22, 21:05   Link #8617
Mr Hat and Clogs

I don't really care to much for PVP, although it was funny seeing the two DKs running away from me (warlock) and my paladin guildie like we were the devil incarnate... when our gear is pure PVE, and we never PVP so we have like no idea what we are doing.

GDB you should know by now that Blizzard are the fun police.
Old 2014-11-23, 05:31   Link #8618
Hooves
~Official Slacker~
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ithekro View Post
How is paladin tanking
It depends on what you're going for level 100 talent. Empowered Seals is the most complicated, and maybe even seem the most useless talent so far to me. Seraphim requires you to actively keep timing it for 100% uptime once it gets off its 15s off-time with 5 holy power. Holy Shield is the best for beginner prot pallies, the 15% block + damage once you block it great combined with your mastery stacking.

Nothing much really changed with paladin tanking. Only changes greatly depending on what level 100 you get.

I switch between Holy Shield and Seraphim to find my playstyle, right now I like Seraphim more.

If you go Seraphim, Sanctified Wrath is your best thing, as you'll be really hungry for holy power keeping Seraphim on 100% uptime.
If you go Holy Shield, Sanctified Wrath or Divine Purpose works, it's really flexible in that regards.
Empowered Seals is all about spamming those seals as you switch for dps. Or just sticking to Seal of Insight for Uther's Insight for the 1% heal per 2 seconds.

I find paladin tanking very strong though to get to the main point.

Quote:
Originally Posted by GDB View Post
Not sure about tanking (though from what I've read, it's no worse or better than it was in MoP), but damage is better than in MoP since Inquisition is baked in now. Not sure how it is in a raid/dungeon environment though.
Ret is pretty powerful, although the best DPS right now are hunters. Once again, empowered seals is too much work to sustain with its 20s cd for each seal judgement. So you have to judgement exactly at 6 seconds no matter what to keep it 100% uptime. If you can make it work, it can somehow work though. Seraphim for ret is absolutely garbage, you don't need the 1,000 bonus armor and spending that holy power is pointless when you need to keep damage up. So Final Verdict in my opinion is the best choice. Since it's holy damage unmitigated + range, I even take another step and take Divine Purpose with FV for the RNG purposes. Although Sanctified Wrath can also go pretty strong burst.
Old 2014-11-23, 08:29   Link #8619
GDB

I use Empowered Seals while soloing purely for the 15% haste.

Final Verdict felt like trash to me. Maybe I didn't look at it too closely, but it basically just made Templar's Verdict ranged.
Old 2014-11-23, 10:03   Link #8620
Firefly00

Send a message via ICQ to Firefly00 Send a message via AIM to Firefly00 Send a message via Yahoo to Firefly00
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr Hat and Clogs View Post
Ugh, this change back to Need Before Greed loot in 5 mans pisses me off...
That mechanic should have been expunged from MMOs a long time ago; I imagine laziness/inertia is the only reason it still exists anywhere. A superior alternative would be instanced loot, which is best summed up thusly:

Quote:
What is instanced loot? When loot drops each person sees their own loot. Say you kill a boss and he drops 10 items. You will get 10 items that only you can see and pick up. Your co-op partner will get 10 different items that only he can see and pick up. So you both get 10 items and can't take items from the other player.
(source)

Based on my experience with its implementation in Torchlight 2, I would add the following clarifications:
  • each consignment is subject to its assigned player's magic-find chance;
  • each player is ensured a copy of any quest items and guaranteed drops (i.e. the TL2 mid-boss for Act 1 always drops a special helmet);
  • items can, of course, be traded.
Firefly00 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
blizzard, game, mmorpg, online, warcraft, windows