Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > General > General Chat > News & Politics

Notices

Old 2009-05-16, 04:07   Link #101
SaintessHeart
NYAAAAHAAANNNNN~

Quote:
Originally Posted by Narona View Post
As I see it, it means that if it was as easy to steal things in a supermaket, a lot of people would do it.

I personally don't think that we should be happy to notice that.

I think I know what you think about the "important" laws and rules that rule our society, so just see me as your opposite
Actually there isn't much wrong stealing from a supermarket that overcharges, if the supermarket is holding a monopoly. But there is bound to be a way around that situation without sinking to that level.

Since opposites attract, it is better that you stay FAR FAR away from me. Joking.

Quote:
Originally Posted by yezhanquan View Post
Well, the awarding of the Nobel Prizes themselves are controversial, to say the least. Look at Einstein. He received the Prize for his theory on the photoelectric effect, but many would think that his theory of general relativity is more influential.
Also, by PR skills, I don't mean "sucking up". Treating people like dirt is hardly just.

Back to the topic, the business model has to change, like Narona and many others have noted. Hopefully, it'll stimulate the economy in ways we haven't thought of yet.
The Nobel prize is awarded with regards to substantiated research claims. A theory without proof does not qualify to prevent squandering of Alfred Nobel's assets and defamation of his name, and even at now, Einstein's theory of general relativity still has disputes like

1. Can time really be slowed down?
2. If light is particulate, won't it encounter physical resistance due to one of the unified forces or similarly small particles?

among many others. I recommend "On The Shoulders Of Giants" by Stephen Hawking as a reference. It is perfectly readable even if your math really sucked hard to the core.

As far as I know, PR skills should be superseded by general acceptance of others. There is nothing wrong with treating people like dirt if you truly understand that even the smallest amount of dirt is good in its own way of existence. It is all about appreciating others for who they are, and not just shutting up or going all out against when they are queer or abnormal.

One thing about the change in media distribution is that free-sharing can undermine the income of musicians, and very much like social workers, they eventually would become overworked, underpaid and not even appreciated at all. A materially free society can be closer to dystopia than utopia than it seems, and it seems that the only way out of this is education and BOTHERMENT of understanding.

Hopefully we don't have to do it the Fujibayashi Kyou way of "cracking open your skull and hammer it into your brain."

When three puppygirls named after pastries are on top of each other, it is called Eclair a'la menthe et Biscotti aux fraises avec beaucoup de Ricotta sur le dessus.
Most of all, you have to be disciplined and you have to save, even if you hate our current financial system. Because if you don't save, then you're guaranteed to end up with nothing.
SaintessHeart is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-05-16, 04:53   Link #102
Narona
Emotionless White Face

Quote:
Originally Posted by SaintessHeart View Post
Actually there isn't much wrong stealing from a supermarket that overcharges, if the supermarket is holding a monopoly. But there is bound to be a way around that situation without sinking to that level.

Since opposites attract, it is better that you stay FAR FAR away from me. Joking.
It's wrong, that's the law

Given the number of Frenchs who are complete opposites of me, then if it was true I should not still be single at 20 years old
Narona is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-06-10, 12:04   Link #103
Sheba
RUN, YOU FOOLS!

Location: Formerly Iwakawa base and Chaldea. Now Teyvat, the Astral Express & the Outpost
HADOPI censored by the Constitutional Council

"What a twist" - Night Shyamalan
Sheba is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-06-10, 12:12   Link #104
Kusa-San
I'll end it before April.

A great news Just read that on Monde Website
Old 2009-06-10, 12:23   Link #105
Narona
Emotionless White Face

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kusa-San View Post
A great news Just read that on Monde Website
Quote:
"en droit français c'est la présomption d'innocence qui prime", le Conseil rappelle que "c'est à la justice de prononcer une sanction lorsqu'il est établi qu'il y a des téléchargements illégaux".
Told you Chirac and the other members of the Constitutional Council took the right decision.

Anyway, don't forget this:

Quote:
Nous attendons désormais la publication du recours pour voir exactement l'étendue de la censure, qui seule déterminera la possibilité offerte ou non au gouvernement de s'obstiner en modifiant les éléments censurés du texte.
We shall wait a bit to see what Albanel will do.
Narona is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-06-10, 12:28   Link #106
Miles Teg

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sheba View Post
HADOPI censored by the Constitutional Council

"What a twist" - Night Shyamalan
And the worst is that the Constitutional Council as used the 1789 "Declaration of the Rights of Man and of the Citizen" (article 9 and 11) to censored the text
Miles Teg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-06-10, 12:47   Link #107
Vexx
Obey the Darkly Cute ...
*Author

I keep seeing this thread title and thinking... "what? they fired all their privateers and buccaneers? how will they harass the British Navy?"

I'd really like to throttle the dipwad that managed to reframe and rebrand copyright violation as "pirating". I refuse to use it, just as I refuse to use the fanciful and dangerous term "intellectual property" (oxymoronic; there is copyright, trademark, and patent law).

Quote:
Breaking news are hitting a few French blogs : rumors that the Constitutional Council of France might censor HADOPI have been confirmed.
More specifically, the Council declares that “Internet is a component of freedom of speech and consumption”, or that “It belongs to Justice to pronounce sanctions when an internet user is caught downloading illegal content” (approximate translations of my own ).
In other terms, the Council takes away from the HADOPI authority the right granted by the government to put sanctions on internet users upon being caught downloading illegal music or videos, among other things.
This would be a serious failure for Christine Albanel (French Culture Minister) whose project would be turned from a lethal weapon into a harmless law, and where HADOPI could only have the power to inform internet users that they’ve been tracked down doing something illegal, but could not distribute sanctions, and would have to bring the case before competent authorities : justice courts.
More details (in French only unfortunately), there, there and there on Twitter.
Just to remind readers, HADOPI is a nasty version of the American DMCA (which doesn't currently have a "kick you off the internet without due process" clause).
Old 2009-06-10, 16:33   Link #108
Miles Teg

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vexx View Post
Just to remind readers, HADOPI is a nasty version of the American DMCA (which doesn't currently have a "kick you off the internet without due process" clause).
In fact we already have the equivalent of the DMCA with the EUCD (European Union) known in France as the the LCEN and DADVSI.
Miles Teg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-06-16, 08:35   Link #109
Kusa-San
I'll end it before April.

Good News. There will be no B plan for Hadopi. So there will be only the educationnal part. It's indeed a serious failure for Christine. "Au revoir Christine, vous êtes le maillon faible"
Old 2013-03-06, 14:20   Link #110
AnimeFan188

France's anti-piracy watchdog ponders evolution, faces extinction:

"The French anti-piracy authority Hadopi recently published a report outlining
possible measures to fight copyright infringement online that could see the
organisation facing an overhaul. Others would rather it disappeared altogether."

See:

http://www.zdnet.com/frances-anti-pi...on-7000012162/
AnimeFan188 is offline   Reply With Quote