AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series

Notices

Old 2017-07-26, 21:57   Link #61
~Yami~
a random Indonesian otaku

I don't think they mentioned it in the anime but what I think I read somewhere that both of them are childhood friends and their parents are shipping them so bad
that is why the moms prepared contraceptives for their children

it is not about normal age or stuff.. but when your mom gives you condom when you wanted to go to your boyfriend's house, I think it would give a normal teenager some weird ideas

deep down, both of them are still pure so don't worry

the one who will go all the way first most likely is prez and delinquent couple
~Yami~ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2017-07-26, 22:22   Link #62
Requiem-x
The slacking one

Quote:
Originally Posted by ~Yami~ View Post
I don't think they mentioned it in the anime but what I think I read somewhere that both of them are childhood friends and their parents are shipping them so bad
It was mentioned they're childhood friends, but the shipping wasn't. Then again, they ARE childhood friends, so of course the parents ship them, because that's how the cliche works. Seeing all these archetypes being used so well reminds of TWGOK, and that's amazing.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ~Yami~ View Post
the one who will go all the way first most likely is prez and delinquent couple
As it should be, we need more delicious (self appointed) delinquent dere.
Requiem-x is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2017-07-27, 01:35   Link #63
Guardian Enzo
Seishu's Ace
*Author

Who said anything about pure? I just think it's creepy for mothers to be pushing middle-schoolers into hooking up. Part of the fun is sneaking around behind their backs...
Guardian Enzo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2017-07-27, 05:09   Link #64
nojay
Scanlator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ultragunner View Post
Are they still in middle school?
I thought most of our cast are already in high school though?
It's a high school so they're in the age range 14 through 18 or so. The president of the astronomy club is graduating as the series starts and (in the manga) he's at college later.
Old 2017-07-27, 05:31   Link #65
ices
Working Hard

Quote:
Originally Posted by Guardian Enzo View Post
... to be pushing middle-schoolers into hooking up. ...
It's high schooler. All the characters are from the same school and both of them are in their second year. I'm sure it was shown in previous episode.
ices is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2017-07-27, 06:46   Link #66
Gan_HOPE326
Maddo Scientisto

Ok, so they're probably 16-17 yo. Even the parents make more sense then (still comedic exaggeration, obviously).

My other fanfiction can be found here.
Gan_HOPE326 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2017-07-27, 09:55   Link #67
Guardian Enzo
Seishu's Ace
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by ices View Post
It's high schooler. All the characters are from the same school and both of them are in their second year. I'm sure it was shown in previous episode.
I'm pretty sure it's a middle school. Those are certainly traditional middle school uniforms much more commonly than high school.
Guardian Enzo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2017-07-27, 11:14   Link #68
BWTraveller
Born to ship

Quote:
I'm pretty sure it's a middle school. Those are certainly traditional middle school uniforms much more commonly than high school.
Look back at episode two. The little sister opens the episode saying that from this day she's a first year HIGH SCHOOLER. So yeah, it's about high school students.
BWTraveller is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 2017-07-28, 10:21   Link #69
Ghostfriendly

Quote:
Originally Posted by coded321 View Post
That's pretty much the reason why akagi approached her. after observing her for a while, he realized she was suffering from loneliness and low self-esteem, and therefore emotionally vulnerable to being approached and manipulated by skirt chasers or other boys with impure reasons. as such, akagi, who developed an interest in ryuuko, initiated contact with her before someone else took her.
Trying to build her self-esteem, 'you should value yourself more than this' is perfectly good, but kissing should come after she's built up self-esteem, or it looks like he's taking advantage of it, even if that isn't his intention.

Similarly for Kanna and Chiaki, getting to know each other better should come before marriage and sex, but I understand people will think differently about these things. The fact is that couples in love are cute in any situation.
Ghostfriendly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2017-07-28, 10:53   Link #70
Shadow5YA

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ultragunner View Post
Are they still in middle school?
I thought most of our cast are already in high school though?

Also, remember the "age of consent" in Japan is quite young, all the way down to 13 (yeah I know ), and especially when they have the parental approval
https://www.ageofconsent.net/world/japan

Many may oppose to the notion of "minors" engaging in sexual activities, but in many countries, it is acceptable for the sake of "Developmentally appropriate sexual exploration" - or at least that what's written on the Australian gov webpage where I live

In any case, why should we think that sexuality is not "pure"? They says it themselves in the episode - "I want to get to know you better" which is a legitimate reason when people are in a intimate relationship
Age of consent does not coincide with cultural acceptance. Even if it's not "illegal", it is still heavily looked down upon.
Shadow5YA is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 2017-07-28, 11:19   Link #71
Cloudedmind

Send a message via MSN to Cloudedmind
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shadow5YA View Post
Age of consent does not coincide with cultural acceptance. Even if it's not "illegal", it is still heavily looked down upon.
And while 13 may be the age of consent in Japan nationally, most prefectures and municipalities have their own rules and regulations often making age of consent higher then that. Like Tokyo's Youth Protection Law. Granted this is often in regards to adults having sex with minors.
Old 2017-08-01, 16:35   Link #72
grecefar

This week I just felt pity in all three skits.

Poor guy in the last mail, I was wishing for them to send the text at the same time, too bad the guy change it at the end, I guess this couple would be the last to take form.

Poor childhood friend, damn him for ignoring her since middle school until now, even if it was because he doesn't wanted to have rumors about them and help her, he didn't think about her feelings and even now after the kiss he denied her feelings and still thinking about the senpai, I just want to see him fall in despair when senpai tell him that she have a boyfriend.

That suffering all the way home with all those misunderstandings, it hurt to see her crying like that but that smile at the end was lol. Well at least it ended in a happy note.
grecefar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2017-08-01, 17:17   Link #73
Anh_Minh
I disagree with you all.

Actually I'd say things are looking up. Sure, that thing with the mails was awkward and all, but they more or less know how they feel for each other, so as long as they don't make too big a deal of it they should work out.

And the astronomy club guy has an alternative to his one-sided crush. It's better than going all in on something that won't bear fruits, I guess.

As for the third... Yeah, the girl had a big scare, but they're communicating. Working their issues out.
Anh_Minh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2017-08-01, 17:21   Link #74
FredFriendly
Beyond the Fringe

Quote:
Hahaha! Some people oughta pay more attention to what they are watching (especially if they review anime for a living). And this ain't the first time you've got something absolutely wrong in the past 30 days or so...

Let me quote from the very first scene of episode 2:

"My name is Furuya Hotaru."

"Today is my first day of High School."

Certainly Furuya Hotaru is not in a higher grade than her big brother, Furuya Jun, regardless of what you think.
FredFriendly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2017-08-01, 22:56   Link #75
DragoonKain3
Osana-Najimi Shipper

FINALLY, NanaseXKaga is animated! HHHHHNNNNGGGGGGG

Now maybe like 10 episodes before they show up again?

Yes its YOU childhood friend - source of BERZERKER RAGE since forever
Childhood Friend couple STATISTICS(spoilers abound though)
DragoonKain3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2017-08-01, 23:57   Link #76
FlareKnight
User of the "Fast Draw"

Send a message via AIM to FlareKnight Send a message via MSN to FlareKnight
This week was all about suffering . Though I think the most painful was that texting exchange. A wonderful combination of "crap I confessed and he sent that text about that being a terrible thing to do via text" and "crap I said that via text and she'd just worked up the courage to confess." That was beautiful in how painful it was for them.

Did like the bit with Nanase and Kaga. On the positive side at least Kaga's mother did help spoil the secret so there isn't as much that Kaga can misunderstand. Now to see how that unfolds.

The last one ending on a happy note was nice. But again a lot of suffering since she thought he was shutting her out and wanted to break up until the last moment. Communication will no doubt remain an issue for them going ahead .
Old 2017-08-02, 11:04   Link #77
~Yami~
a random Indonesian otaku

RIP TakaseXKanda.... he just bury his own grave and break his own flag...

and NanaseXKaga got animated.... aaahh.. I never expect how glorious this anime when they have good VA and BGM... Nanase's voice is so good

the last couple is always be my favorite since they are probably one of the most normal and cute couple
~Yami~ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2017-08-02, 15:19   Link #78
alex_drian

Well shit, talking about bad timing
alex_drian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2017-08-02, 22:54   Link #79
ArrowSmith

This has to be one of the weirder shows I've come across. It's like every single scene is a confession or a date, walking to school. Is that literally the whole thing?
ArrowSmith is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2017-08-07, 11:04   Link #80
Requiem-x
The slacking one

Yup. Just the juicy bits. Honestly, I think its surprising how it took so long for a show like this to appear.

As for last week, oh boy, that first bit hurt to see; I wad thinking each line would be busy as per usual, but thispoor couple isn't gonna have it so easy. I guess this is a case of synched up thoughts being a bad thing.

Meanwhile, things get even more complicated for Kaga-san, and I really didn't expect a childhood friend to be thrown into the mix. I'd say this is one of the most galge like relationships along with Kaji and Akagi.

And finally, isn't it great, Kamine? Even if it was obvious what would happen, it still felt good to see that big goofy smile on her face, and thinking about it, this bit also showed the good side of thinking the same.

Fun times as usual.
Requiem-x is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
4koma_adaptation, comedy, high school, shoujo