Quote:
Originally Posted by KLGChaos View Post
Spoiler:
Whatever you wish for ... -.-
Waven is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-03-27, 14:08   Link #2323
HayashiTakara
Chicken or Beef?

Seriously... that idiot needs to freaking relax. She's already his, he doesn't need to impress her. If she doesn't wanna stay with him for him being himself than she's not worth it.
HayashiTakara is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-03-27, 15:03   Link #2324
n0c0ntr0l

Quote:
Spoiler:
Spoiler for :
n0c0ntr0l is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-03-27, 15:31   Link #2325
Nemuru

Quote:
Originally Posted by HayashiTakara View Post
Seriously... that idiot needs to freaking relax. She's already his, he doesn't need to impress her. If she doesn't wanna stay with him for him being himself than she's not worth it.
lol, I want to say his action are kinda cute... although I hate using such feminine tone ^^, A great chapter, now there's a strong foundation between the two. This manga is shaping up to be awesome, GE has never disappoint me when it delivers every chapter.
Nemuru is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-03-27, 15:42   Link #2326
KLGChaos
The Shermain

Quote:
Originally Posted by n0c0ntr0l View Post
Spoiler for :
Spoiler:
Old 2011-03-27, 16:36   Link #2327
DragoZERO
Spoilaphobic

You get specific seats in movie theaters in Japan? Wow... that could be both good and bad.

Any who... I think I've read this before... in every single shonen romance series before this one. Well, could have been worse I suppose.

Where's Risa?? She made things so much more fun.

Quote:
He shouldn't relax totally. But definitely needs to take it easy a little.
Old 2011-03-27, 17:16   Link #2328
frubam
simp for Lyria

Send a message via AIM to frubam
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hayataka View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Drago View Post
He shouldn't relax totally. But definitely needs to take it easy a little.
I'm not quite getting what you guys mean. Yuki seemed down, so he tried his very best to cheer her up. Things were going "not as planned" so he thought she wasn't enjoying herself. Generally, from the societal PoV, as her boyfriend, if he can't cheer her up in times like these, then he fails as a boyfriend, which made him depressed. I don't see the issue with his behavior.
frubam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-03-27, 17:28   Link #2329
DragoZERO
Spoilaphobic

Quote:
Originally Posted by frubam View Post
I'm not quite getting what you guys mean. Yuki seemed down, so he tried his very best to cheer her up. Things were going "not as planned" so he thought she wasn't enjoying herself. Generally, from the societal PoV, as her boyfriend, if he can't cheer her up in times like these, then he fails as a boyfriend, which made him depressed. I don't see the issue with his behavior.
He stayed up all night to plan a date, then slept through it. He was so focused on making her happy that he wouldn't listen to her tell him he was running down to the slash zone (there is a reason no one was sitting there, duh). He needs to relax and and be more confident. Confidence is an important key in every part of life - girls, job, shopping, etc.
Old 2011-03-27, 19:07   Link #2330
Waven
Itadaki-nyaaa !!

How could he possibly be confident? This is his first romantic relationship with a girl.

Also, he is supposed to be an average guy that is not really popular with the girls - and please don't argue with his so-called harem: That's so unreal that not even his character's personality has kept up with it, hence his ongoing insecurities despite all the advances of Risa and Shou that usually would make any guy's confidence skyrocket.

If Utsumi were suddenly to be like really relaxed and cool just because he got the girl, well, that wouldn't be Utsumi anymore, right? It'd feel more like SK had commited a really awful out-of-character mistake and negated one of the series' strong points - coherent presentation characters.
Old 2011-03-27, 19:35   Link #2331
aliasxn
Eye for an Eye

Of course he is insecure, that's the problem with dating up. At first you will be like "wow, I got the cheerleader", but then it will wear off and you will be like "w-wait.. really? Why me?". He is afraid that if he does anything wrong she will just realize she could do better and leave. This is just like Mugi and Yuu in Pastel.

And I can't really blame KLGChaos... I wanna be positive too but somehow this series just keeps me on high alert.
Old 2011-03-27, 20:59   Link #2332
Rainrir
Tin Can

Quote:
Spoiler:
Spoiler:

Anyway you can probably be pessimistic, but for now, they are happyz couplez.
Rainrir is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-03-27, 23:47   Link #2333
Shadow5YA

I have no doubt Tooru is coming back. He and Yuki parted ways too abruptly and some loose ends need to be tied up. Whether it ends well is another story.
Shadow5YA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-03-28, 01:34   Link #2334
Nemuru

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shadow5YA View Post
I have no doubt Tooru is coming back. He and Yuki parted ways too abruptly and some loose ends need to be tied up. Whether it ends well is another story.
lol, im going to bet aginst that and leave it as a plot hole or the matter is already resolved. Touru is unimportant ^^, Not everything needs to be resolved with drama. I'm expecting Risa to rape Utsumi soon
Nemuru is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-03-28, 04:14   Link #2335
HayashiTakara
Chicken or Beef?

Quote:
Originally Posted by frubam View Post
It's that throughout the date he kept acting like he needs to impress her and be this ultimate symbol of perfection, it was rather annoying. They're not on a date to test the waters, they're already boyfriend and girlfriend, it would've been best for him to behave naturally and go with the flow, like with the whole Orca show, he should've laughed, I know I would've so would most normal people I would think. It's intended to be fun, gee what a neat concept, fun. I could pick apart the rest of the date, but I digress.
HayashiTakara is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-03-28, 07:21   Link #2336
Waven
Itadaki-nyaaa !!

Quote:
It's that throughout the date he kept acting like he needs to impress her and be this ultimate symbol of perfection, it was rather annoying. They're not on a date to test the waters, they're already boyfriend and girlfriend, it would've been best for him to behave naturally and go with the flow, like with the whole Orca show, he should've laughed, I know I would've so would most normal people I would think. It's intended to be fun, gee what a neat concept, fun. I could pick apart the rest of the date, but I digress.
I think you still seem to have missed the point of Utsumi's motivation for this date: He didn't want to impress her, as you describe it. Instead, and he clearly states that at the end of the chapter, he wanted to cheer her up - how does that have anything to do with impressing her? He recognized her feeling down a bit lately and wanted her to have a good time.

Of course he tried too hard but again he's inexperienced as well as the fact that a girl like Yuki, please forgive me that expression but I think it fits here, is supposed to be way out of his league. The story appropriately reflects on those issues and as a result presents a tense Utsumi - seems logical to me.
Old 2011-03-28, 07:59   Link #2337
Darknemo2000

Send a message via AIM to Darknemo2000
Quote:
Originally Posted by Waven View Post
I think you still seem to have missed the point of Utsumi's motivation for this date: He didn't want to impress her, as you describe it. Instead, and he clearly states that at the end of the chapter, he wanted to cheer her up - how does that have anything to do with impressing her? He recognized her feeling down a bit lately and wanted her to have a good time.

Of course he tried too hard but again he's inexperienced as well as the fact that a girl like Yuki, please forgive me that expression but I think it fits here, is supposed to be way out of his league. The story appropriately reflects on those issues and as a result presents a tense Utsumi - seems logical to me.
How is Yuki supposed to be out of his League. He is pretty handsome himself. The only thing he lacks is confidence and balls (too pathetic wimpy) but lookswise he is a good looking guy really.
Darknemo2000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-03-28, 10:58   Link #2338
jzmagic
flargansbog

Quote:
Originally Posted by Darknemo2000 View Post
How is Yuki supposed to be out of his League. He is pretty handsome himself. The only thing he lacks is confidence and balls (too pathetic wimpy) but lookswise he is a good looking guy really.
And he looks exactly like that playboy Kento, only with slightly different hair .
jzmagic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-03-28, 11:48   Link #2339
frubam
simp for Lyria

Send a message via AIM to frubam
Quote:
Originally Posted by Darknemo View Post
How is Yuki supposed to be out of his League. He is pretty handsome himself.
This sounds like you are basing this from your own perspective, rather than the perspective from chars in the story. I'd say almost all the chars are nice looking or cute if that was the case. Like Itsumi, we know that he is considered handsome by how we see the girls come on to him or act in general. I don't recall Utsu being seen as handsome at all in this story. Probably average, but certainly not handsome.
frubam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-03-28, 15:01   Link #2340
solomon

Wow, dramaless chapter, whoda thunk it? Ucchi, lucky son of a gun (sinlge-ass is jealous)
solomon is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
being good sucks, drama, kento boss, romance, shoukento, shounen, slice of life, yukiumi