AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Movies, OVAs/OADs, and Specials

Notices

Old 2004-04-30, 20:09   Link #1
Judo
Lazy Turtle

Send a message via MSN to Judo
Shin Getter Robo, the new OVA

Just seen the first episode, its so damn bloody o.o

Spoiler:
Judo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-04-30, 21:25   Link #2
ZeroKun

Not a retelling of the original, since ryoma wasnt in it, atleast not that i know of. I know for a fact that he was in Shin Getter, but i dont know about Getter G. Someone said on another forum that its after the other animes and is part of the manga. So far this anime owns.
ZeroKun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-04-30, 23:28   Link #3
babbito2k
annoying white bat

Whoa! I am really impressed. Nice update of the old-style look. Captures the energy of older series too. And Masami Okui is singing in the OP (w/JAM Project), check the second line of the song.
babbito2k is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-04-30, 23:43   Link #4
Invoker
Cast In The Name Of God

Send a message via AIM to Invoker
The first scene shows a decapitation and it never lets up. Gorgeous and hideous, excellent!
Invoker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-05-01, 13:50   Link #5
Judo
Lazy Turtle

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZeroKun
Not a retelling of the original, since ryoma wasnt in it, atleast not that i know of. I know for a fact that he was in Shin Getter, but i dont know about Getter G. Someone said on another forum that its after the other animes and is part of the manga. So far this anime owns.
Eh? Ryoma wasn't in the original?! o.O

I'm pretty sure Ryoma was in the first Getter series, unless you were talking about the manga, wich I don't know anything about =/
Old 2004-05-01, 16:37   Link #6
^Drax^

Well... Ryoma/Ryo WAS in the original manga and anime... I wonder where Zerokun learn that, that's like saying that Koji Kabuto was never in Mazinger or Armuro in MS Gundam.
^Drax^ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-05-01, 22:19   Link #7
AzumangaTomo

What codec are you guys using in order to watch the video? I cant seem to get it to work even after dling the newest divx and windows media player...
AzumangaTomo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-05-01, 23:23   Link #8
ZeroKun

Yes i got myself confused with another character.........ugh, sorry.
Old 2004-05-02, 01:22   Link #9
MajinNaruto

Question erm..

does anybody knows if somebody is going to keep releasing the Shin Getter Robo here? or if somebody know where to get them...(if posible, i don't remember if you could ask for links in this forum) I tried emule but the good ones are in italian...i REALLY want to know what happens next....btw....the same for getter robo...where i could get all...or most of the anime, i saw the one released here and i want MORE

hehe im going to need another DD...
MajinNaruto is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-05-02, 03:51   Link #10
ZeroKun

Shin Getter Robo : Armaggedon is licensed by ADV, while the new one, and the past 2 series Getter Robo and Getter Robo G arent.
Old 2004-05-02, 12:36   Link #11
Vital Remains

Damn, this show kills! If the first episode is any indication, this could could be the series of the year. I really enjoyed the opening battle, it was truly epic and heroic as all true super robot battles should be.

I was pleasantly surprised how dark the show seems to be, in terms of characterisation and violence. Seems to be a trend with the new Getter shows.

\m/ Gettaaaaaaaaaaaa Beeeeeeeeeeeammmm \m/
Vital Remains is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-05-03, 00:06   Link #12
MajinNaruto

Question wait...

ok...i dont know much of the Getter Robo series, i have been a Mazinger fan and playing Super Robot Wars i saw the Getters so i got curious...i got the first Getter Robo ep, saw Great Mazinger vs Getter Robo G. I got the first Shin Getter Robo ep from emule, but don't know exactly which one is it....in other words...Im REALLY confused.....could someone please tell me the cronology of the Getter Series??? plz??

btw, i just saw the 4 Shin Getter Robo vs Neo Getter Robo OVAS...they rule!!
MajinNaruto is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-05-03, 00:17   Link #13
ShinDragon

Quote:
Originally Posted by MajinNaruto
ok...i dont know much of the Getter Robo series, i have been a Mazinger fan and playing Super Robot Wars i saw the Getters so i got curious...i got the first Getter Robo ep, saw Great Mazinger vs Getter Robo G. I got the first Shin Getter Robo ep from emule, but don't know exactly which one is it....in other words...Im REALLY confused.....could someone please tell me the cronology of the Getter Series??? plz??
Getter Robo => Getter Robo G => Getter Go => Shin Getter and so on.
The Shin Getter I'm talking about it's this one Shin = 真
ShinDragon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-05-03, 00:42   Link #14
Budweineken
Crap

So I take it that I need to watch earlier series to understand the new ones? or can i just watch any of them idependently without getting confused?
Budweineken is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-05-03, 02:09   Link #15
ManaKnight

Quote:
Originally Posted by Budweineken
So I take it that I need to watch earlier series to understand the new ones? or can i just watch any of them idependently without getting confused?
No it's an alternate universe, kinda like Mazinkaiser.
The original series goes like this Getter Robo -> Getter Robo G
Shin Getter vs Neo Getter is an alternate universe, Getter Robo Armagedon is another alternate universe, and some people consider Getter Robo Go as a sequel to G but most fan pretend that it never existed (it's really crappy).

The character that wasn't in the manga is Musashi, in the manga Prof. Saotome is getter 3's pilot. Toei wanted a comic character for the original series, a character that would appeal to kids so they created Musashi. I heard that Go Nagai was pissed by this so that's why Masashi dies in every universe.
ManaKnight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-05-03, 07:13   Link #16
Judo
Lazy Turtle

Quote:
Originally Posted by ManaKnight
No it's an alternate universe, kinda like Mazinkaiser.
The original series goes like this Getter Robo -> Getter Robo G
Shin Getter vs Neo Getter is an alternate universe, Getter Robo Armagedon is another alternate universe, and some people consider Getter Robo Go as a sequel to G but most fan pretend that it never existed (it's really crappy).

The character that wasn't in the manga is Musashi, in the manga Prof. Saotome is getter 3's pilot. Toei wanted a comic character for the original series, a character that would appeal to kids so they created Musashi. I heard that Go Nagai was pissed by this so that's why Masashi dies in every universe.
ahh, so thats why Musashi keeps dieing, poor poor Musashi he has to blow himself up in every series...
Old 2004-05-03, 15:08   Link #17
Invoker
Cast In The Name Of God

Quote:
Originally Posted by ManaKnight
I heard that Go Nagai was pissed by this so that's why Masashi dies in every universe.
Bwahaha! That's excellent. I never read the manga, so I didn't know that. I didn't think Saotome was the type to pilot a mecha, but at least it explains Musashi's serial deaths.
Old 2004-05-03, 15:54   Link #18
ManaKnight

Saotome was pretty badass in the manga, he look more like he does in the new OVA, not like Super Mario like in the series from the 70's.
ManaKnight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-05-11, 18:29   Link #19
Judo
Lazy Turtle

yahooo!!! Mecha action mecha action!!! xD

I wanna see more mecha action from this new getter! xD

anyways, what the hell is wrong with Hayato?! o.O

what kinda shit was he smoking?! o.O

and....why the hell did they change Ryoma's and Hayato's voice actors >.<
Old 2004-05-11, 18:58   Link #20
Invoker
Cast In The Name Of God

I'm pretty sure Hayato was a highschool gang leader in the original manga, but now he's the leader of some terrorist group. He's also gone completely insane. o_o

Wow, freaky stuff.