Notices

Old 2010-09-07, 22:28   Link #201
Master_Yoma
Nekokota Festival

This anime kind of have a samurai 7 feel to it
Old 2010-09-08, 01:43   Link #202
ttdestroy
Hardcore meets Casual

If Samurai 7 had incomprehensibly awesome amounts of ecchi in it.
ttdestroy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-09-08, 04:34   Link #203
klare

QueensBlade in Japan? must try

i hope the censoring will not be too heavy
klare is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-09-08, 05:06   Link #204
Hypernova

Location: Virgo Supercluster, Milky Way, Orion Arm, Sol, Earth, Taiwan
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaoru Chujo View Post
For me, the artistic aspect makes up for the extra blots. We don't just get awkward intrusions of censorship, but a natural pattern of blots here and there that happens to accomplish the task. And I like the idea that the blots are not just picking out the things-to-be-censored, but by being elsewhere, too, remove emphasis from the "naughty bits."

But certainly the dark blots, dark swirls, and dark outlines could all easily tip over into just making the images too dark and confused.
IMO the blots are there to emphasise the impression that the art is akin to paintings, so I certainly don't dislike them.
Hypernova is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-09-08, 06:26   Link #205
SemperMalum

A decent male lead, like in Ichiban, for a harem action with lots of ecchi? Is this god's way of trying to convert me back into believing in him?!

In all seriousness, the first episode was great. I loved the action, loved the visuals. This is a definite must watch. Can. Not. Wait.
SemperMalum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-09-08, 21:22   Link #206
molitar

Well when uncensored versions are released I will probably like this show but the ink blots are so bad that I want to hurl as well as have eye strain from it.. it's ugly, horrible, and way too distracting to watch.. I can live with smoke, fog, light, and dark.. but this I can not touch with a 10 foot pole it's so bad!
molitar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-09-09, 14:14   Link #207
Suikami
Woof?

I like the black blots that are used for censoring and also partial backstories/flashbacks. The first episode was decent and it's definitely something I want to continue watching, as long as it isn't amazingly short. =\
Suikami is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-09-09, 14:41   Link #208
tsunade666

the ink blots are fine but when they use it while the story is telling us something up to the point it black the screen........ well they are probably using it as an effects or blood or something and that's what I keep telling myself to not be annoyed with random ink blots or else I might get really really irritated while watching it.
Old 2010-09-09, 15:58   Link #209
Kaoru Chujo
Yuuki Aoi

I like the ink blots. I think a few will remain -- for artistic reasons -- even after the censorship is removed. What I don't like is on the official site, where they use Flash to cover the screen with black ink occasionally. On my connection, that freezes things, and I have to reload to actually get through to the next page.
YUUKI Aoi 悠木碧. b92.03.27 (age 29). 2008 Kurenai (Murasaki). 2009 Yumeiro Pâtissière (Ichigo), Kiruminzuu (Riko), Yutori-chan (Yutori-chan). 2010 Vampire Bund (Mina Tepeş), Shiki (Sunako), Samurai Girls (Juubee), Pokémon: Black and White (Iris). 2011 Madoka Magica (Madoka), Gosick (Victorique), A-Channel (Tooru). 2012 Symphogear (Hibiki). 2014 Pilot's Love Song (Claire/Nina), Nanatsu no Taizai (Diane). 2015 Owari no Seraph (Krul Tepes), Rokka no Yuusha (Fremy). 2016 Boku no Hero Academia (Tsuyu, Froppy). 2017 Kino no Tabi (Kino). 2021 Kumo desu ga (watashi), Kaizoku Oujo (Karin), Heike Monogatari (Biwa), etc., etc. Total of 513 roles in anime and games.
Kaoru Chujo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-09-09, 16:48   Link #210
tsunade666

I like the main site with sakura petals fluttering in the background. It would be much better if only the introduction part would be the irritating ink blots on it. Though their isn't really much to get angry with the site.
Old 2010-09-09, 23:41   Link #211
ID555
Kamaboko smash & grab

Wow, this show is pretty. Mugi as a bad girl? Interesting. Why is Matabe not wearing pants?? Korone as Jubee should be interesting, especially with that deep voice at the end.
ID555 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-09-10, 05:10   Link #212
-Sho-
~Omedetô~

Just watch firs ep .

Well Typical Harem anime with a "contract kiss" and a girl who comes to nowhere . Nice animation and samurai girls fanservice .
Sanada with the loli's queen voice .
Male lead is ok . Sometimes his face is ugly and GAR . Heck i don't like his voice .
-Sho- is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-09-10, 09:57   Link #213
Fnights
Yoku dekimashita!

Ke ke ke the ink censor is pretty stupid. Sad this show will not air on at-x.
Fnights is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-09-10, 10:15   Link #214
ultramojones
Pfjaklsq of Greatness

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fnights View Post
Ke ke ke the ink censor is pretty stupid. Sad this show will not air on at-x.
Airs 10/11 and 10/14 on AT-X
ultramojones is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-09-12, 21:14   Link #215
vulture06

Anybody have a link to where I can buy the light novels (preferably an english site, still need to work on my japanese)

Last edited by vulture06; 2010-09-12 at 22:35. Reason: Can't ask for the first, can ask for the second.
vulture06 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-09-13, 05:58   Link #216
fischkopp123

Judging from the beginning I thought, that the so called "ink blots" are actually (censored) bloodstains and when I saw the first ecchi related censorship I was like: "WTF, now we even get censored censorship? These guys have to grab a sandwich and cool down."
fischkopp123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-09-13, 19:35   Link #217
Deathkillz
~ You're dead ^__^* ~
*Graphic Designer

Send a message via MSN to Deathkillz
Quote:
Originally Posted by Suzuku View Post
Really nice first episode. Very unique art style and nice use of ink, reminds me of SFIV a bit in it's implementation.
Glad I wasn't the only who thought of that

And I thought this was a brilliant start to the series. They had a good mix of "action" and service and I just dig the ink block style attacks...even if it was really overused at parts. They should really tone that down a bit but for the most part, it added a great effect to the moves. The service that we see here is also tasteful and actually pretty "exciting" (in a omg-blood-is-rushing-to-a-part-of-the-body-and-I-am-not-talking-about-the-brain sort of way ). I know for sure that I want a bit of Senhime here

Eagerly waiting for the next episode.

Siggy: hohohohoho~ | AnimeHistory welcome to our blog ~ | Summer2009 early review
Under the radar series Summer2009: Kanamemo, GA Geijutsuka Art, NEEDLESS
Deathkillz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-09-14, 00:50   Link #218
ZeKeR
Superbad

animation here is trying to stay true to japanese heritage. i like the color block shading (see prince of persia 2008 gameplay and you'll find the similarity).

so the guy is a very strong swordsman... and i think i saw a girl hold a naginata too
Old 2010-09-19, 01:32   Link #219
molitar

This is one show I couldn't even start the watch.. the ink blots are AWFUL! I'll wait to someone releases the DVD release before I watch this show because I can live with dark or bright dark spots at times but all the stupid ink blots are just plain stupid.. even when not needed they were there.. awful.
molitar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-09-19, 11:42   Link #220
Kaoru Chujo
Yuuki Aoi

On Friday, Yuuki Aoi and Kotobuki Minako (Mugi-chan in K-On, etc.) started the radio show for Hyakka Ryouran. You can find it here or here. Ao-chan turned 18 in May. Kotobuki-chan turned 19 on Friday. They decided in episode one that those were the names they wanted to go by. Sawashiro Miyuki first started called Yuuki-san "Ao-chan." Classmates always called Kotobuki-san "Kotobuki-chan."

@molitar -- I loved the look, ink blots included. Actual art. I've watched the episode several times, enjoying it every time. Quality stuff in every way. For me. Opinions can differ. I do think the DVDs may not provide relief for you, though: the ink blots are more than just censorship, they are part of the style, like the long streamers of darkness. That's why they are there when "not needed," I think. The extra ones may just have been there to make the censorship less obviously censorship, and may be taken away when the censorship goes, but I wouldn't bet on it.
YUUKI Aoi 悠木碧. b92.03.27 (age 29). 2008 Kurenai (Murasaki). 2009 Yumeiro Pâtissière (Ichigo), Kiruminzuu (Riko), Yutori-chan (Yutori-chan). 2010 Vampire Bund (Mina Tepeş), Shiki (Sunako), Samurai Girls (Juubee), Pokémon: Black and White (Iris). 2011 Madoka Magica (Madoka), Gosick (Victorique), A-Channel (Tooru). 2012 Symphogear (Hibiki). 2014 Pilot's Love Song (Claire/Nina), Nanatsu no Taizai (Diane). 2015 Owari no Seraph (Krul Tepes), Rokka no Yuusha (Fremy). 2016 Boku no Hero Academia (Tsuyu, Froppy). 2017 Kino no Tabi (Kino). 2021 Kumo desu ga (watashi), Kaizoku Oujo (Karin), Heike Monogatari (Biwa), etc., etc. Total of 513 roles in anime and games.
Kaoru Chujo is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
action, ecchi, light novel adaptation, seinen, shounen