AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Current Series > Naruto/Boruto

Notices

Old 2010-10-03, 18:33   Link #241
Ero-Senn1n

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr.Amazing View Post
I don't think it's gonna be a war in the sense that were thinking. Every village versus Madra is all I can see happening. It's not gonna be the scope of what Kakashi grew up with at all.
Lots of fodder vs few elites is not a war? Check out in the Kakashi gaiden 1 vs 50, that is Yondaime killing 50 enemy ninjas in one move, then soon he kills unknown number of ninja who were about to kill Kakashi and Rin. Or 1 vs 1000, Sasuke beating 1000 shitty ninjas easily. I guess in shonen manga the meaning of "war" is a bit strange
Ero-Senn1n is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-10-03, 19:29   Link #242
MidnightViper88
HI, BILLY MAYS HERE

Send a message via AIM to MidnightViper88
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ero-Senn1n View Post
I guess in shonen manga the meaning of "war" is a bit strange
It's not really strange, but there's also not a lot of real-life examples to draw a comparison on, as far as a war between a few individuals versus a few states' militaries goes...For what the Naruto universe is concerned, the past ninja wars have been pretty close to your conventional, symmetric warfare, whereas this new war will be a very extreme case of unconventional, asymmetric warfare...

No doubt there's a significant difference in relative military power between a couple individuals and a couple villages, but I'm sure the handicap will be that each individual in Madara's company will have a set of superior tactics or techniques that will either match or be greater than that of, let's say, an infantry(ies) worth of atypical ninja fodder of any given village...

An individual of certain power or influence can still wage and lead a legitimate war against a larger state-sponsored belligerent and not have any official political recognition themselves...It's still a war in a literal sense, more asymmetrical warfare in a more technical term, and the indifference in quantitative power is probably what's throwing off a lot of people when the look at the players and think, "This can't be a war"...It's just that with shounen, if you're not a significant individual with a name, then you're just disposable fodder, so it's going to be the disproportionate ratio of casualties per aggressor that's going to make people believe that this is truly is a war, if the story ever gets to that point...And if it does get to that point, then yes, there will be blood...
"I just want to lie in my own crusty filth, eating rancid egg sandwiches, until some unfortunate paramedic has to blow down my door to find my bloated and pasty corpse wedged between the nightstand and mattress stained with Bengay and Robitussin DM." - Greg Gutfeld on sex and seniors
"Syphilis does not stay in Vegas. Debt collectors do not stay in Vegas. Dead hookers stay in Vegas, but the guilt stays with you forever." - Bill Schultz
MidnightViper88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-10-04, 14:13   Link #243
Ulquiorra
Inactive Member

Send a message via ICQ to Ulquiorra Send a message via AIM to Ulquiorra Send a message via Yahoo to Ulquiorra
In shonen fighting we usually like to guess who is going to fight who. For years that was how it was with the Akatsuki. In the Sasuke Rescue Arc it was the Sound Four vs. Team Shikamaru and we could guess what the matchups will be. The Chuunin Exams were self explanatory. The Konoha invasion brought us a number of matchups.

I don't think anyone cares if Madara or any of the zombies blow up a ton of mooks. I think notion of this war is what named characters on the good side are going to face what named characters on the bad side. And if Kishimoto will introduce any new villains to provide matchups for more good guys.
Ulquiorra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-10-04, 16:28   Link #244
Sabaku Kyu
The Ironman

Quote:
Originally Posted by MidnightViper88
An individual of certain power or influence can still wage and lead a legitimate war against a larger state-sponsored belligerent and not have any official political recognition themselves...
I think most governments have a formal process before they consider themselves officially at war. Of course whether or not war is formally declared usually doesn't stop fighting either way. And this is the Naruto world we're talking about anyways.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ulquiorra View Post
In shonen fighting we usually like to guess who is going to fight who. For years that was how it was with the Akatsuki. In the Sasuke Rescue Arc it was the Sound Four vs. Team Shikamaru and we could guess what the matchups will be. The Chuunin Exams were self explanatory. The Konoha invasion brought us a number of matchups.
The Konoha Invasion basically boiled down to Orochimaru vs. Sarutobi (and maybe Naruto vs. Gaara to a lesser extent). But Oro vs. Saru was so high-stakes that Oro pretty much believed if he could defeat Sandaime, it'd mean he had triumphed over Konoha entirely. The other battles consisted mainly of Kakashi, Jiraiya, Gai and a few other Konoha elites beating hordes of Sand and Sound nin senseless like it was nothing.

I think the 4th ninja war will be basically the inverse of the Konoha Invasion on a much wider scale. Inverted in that instead of a few good guy elites horribly beating nameless bad-guy soldiers it will be a few Akatsuki forces handing generic good guys their asses. And there will probably be a few groups of secondary character teams that are given some good fights for character development, but ultimately those won't matter in winning the war. It'll likely boil down to some kind of showdown involving Naruto, Sasuke and Madara.

Sabaku Kyu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-10-04, 20:05   Link #245
james0246

Quick Question: Should I, when the chapter is released, create a thread for the Baseball One-Shot as well as Chapter 512, or should the One-Shot and Chapter be confined to one thread only?
james0246 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-10-04, 20:16   Link #246
morbosfist
Spinning Lotus

It's a separate topic, so another thread might be better.
Old 2010-10-04, 20:30   Link #247
james0246

Quote:
Originally Posted by morbosfist View Post
It's a separate topic, so another thread might be better.
I actually posted too soon. Ultimately it will depend on the length of the one-shot. If it is too short, then I will just use one thread, but if it is a good length (8 or more pages), I'll probably start a new thread.
Old 2010-10-04, 23:32   Link #248
defrule

Could extraction work to Naruto's favour? No more fox to reject the two frogs from gathering natural energy for Naruto.

Unlimited perfect sage mode, add a bit of Kyuubi juice when needed.
defrule is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-10-05, 03:05   Link #249
Mr. Johnny 5
Konoha's ANBU

I have a question which popped in my head right now after being absent for a couple days here . A serious question which might happen.

Now that Naruto has seperated the Kyuubi inside his own body. The chakra from it's will...
Is it possible that...once Naruto gets captured... that he'll survive because of "that"? The energy that has been divided...?

How logical to me, and how illogical to others but... when one makes friends or alot of friends they are bound to help him eventually. So the fact that Naruto will get captured is going to happen eventually (that is what i believe)... ofcourse everyone (probably almost everyone indeed) is going to try to save Naruto. Just like how everyone from the Sand (alot later) came for Gaara.
Old 2010-10-05, 06:53   Link #250
d' airscapez
stranded in new york

[Manga] Chapter 512 Discussion

Spoiler for Chapter 512:
d' airscapez is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-10-05, 08:59   Link #251
james0246

[Manga] Chapter 512 Discussion is open. Please move relevant discussions there...
Old 2010-10-05, 13:15   Link #252
Kanon
Kana Hanazawa ♥

Quote:
Originally Posted by james0246 View Post
I actually posted too soon. Ultimately it will depend on the length of the one-shot. If it is too short, then I will just use one thread, but if it is a good length (8 or more pages), I'll probably start a new thread.
It'd be more than 8 pages for sure (I'd say around 40), so I'm all for a seperate thread otherwise discussions will get really confusing.

Tags
weekly chapter discussion