AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Fate/ Series

Notices

Old 2015-12-17, 20:03   Link #1
ukulelembo
Detective

Fate/Extra Last Encore - News & Speculation

Apparently some new "Fate Project 2016" will be announced on AnimeJapan 2016 on March 27.

Last edited by ukulelembo; 2016-03-20 at 14:51.
ukulelembo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-12-18, 00:00   Link #2
Rising Dragon
Goat Herder
*Author

Probably the official announcement on Heaven's Feel's production. Like a release date or something.
Old 2015-12-18, 06:01   Link #3
ukulelembo
Detective

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rising Dragon View Post
Probably the official announcement on Heaven's Feel's production. Like a release date or something.
Actually announced cast present on stage hints something different:
Noriaki Sugiyama (Shirou)
Ayako Kawasumi (Saber)
Nobunaga Shimazaki (F/GO male MC)
Risa Taneda (Shielder)

If this will be about Heaven's Feel, then where is Noriko Shitaya?
Old 2015-12-18, 12:54   Link #4
Nachtwandler
Yurifag

I will be laughing if it's FGO anime. But the cast choice probably has nothing to do with the project. They just invited seiyuus from the resent one.

And I doubt they'll just announce HF details. It's already announced, so they have no reason to call it "Fate Project 2016". I personally want Apocrypha TV but it's very unlikely.

Last edited by Nachtwandler; 2015-12-18 at 13:20.
Nachtwandler is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-12-18, 13:10   Link #5
Levani
貴方が私のマスターか?

Could be Hollow Ataraxia? Didn't UFO say they would do it if UBW sold well?
Old 2015-12-18, 19:52   Link #6
Brother Coa
Banned

It's not HF for sure as they would just annoince release date. Not new 'project'.
My bet is also on Hollow Atraxia anime since they asked the piblic about that last year.
But who could vooce actor for GO main character and Shielder possibly act?
Maybe Avenger and Bazzet?
Brother Coa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-12-19, 03:41   Link #7
Levani
貴方が私のマスターか?

Honestly, I'd rather have Apocrypha over Ataraxia but I'm not complaining. Anything more of Fate is always a good thing in my book.

And if this is by Ufo, which is unlikely because they have two anime on their hands plus Heaven's Feel, then we won't see HF until 2017, which sucks.
Old 2015-12-19, 03:51   Link #8
Tenzen12

Apocrypha is bad, but Mordred and Sisigou make it worth a bit.

Still Ataraxia or original stray servant (shielder) route would be preferable.

Also TM originally planned for VN Ilya and Rider route right? Especially later would be nice.

Or if hey can you throw curve ball and go for Strange fake even if it's not complete yet. That would be hilarious.
Old 2015-12-19, 05:53   Link #9
Levani
貴方が私のマスターか?

I always thought an anime series detailing the lives of the servants of Stay Night and Zero would be cool, but the likelihood of that happening is low.

Honestly I'm kinda bummed that HF isn't on the 2016 radar, I'd rather have that over anything at this moment.
Old 2015-12-19, 08:40   Link #10
GreyZone
"Senior" "Member"

Quote:
Originally Posted by ukulelembo View Post
Actually announced cast present on stage hints something different:
Noriaki Sugiyama (Shirou)
Ayako Kawasumi (Saber)
Nobunaga Shimazaki (F/GO male MC)
Risa Taneda (Shielder)

If this will be about Heaven's Feel, then where is Noriko Shitaya?
About that...

http://www.animenewsnetwork.com/news...egnancy/.91532

She announced pregnancy 4 months ago. She also said that she wouldn't be able to participate in certain events at the end of November, so regardless it wouldn't be a surprise if she does not appear at a HF announcement event.
Old 2015-12-29, 02:49   Link #11
shadow1296

so there is a new fate project in 2016, maybe it's fate extra anime (one could hope), I don't think its about heavens' feel though it might be apart of the announcement, i doubt they would do hollow ataraxia before hf is done, so that leaves extra, apocrypha, prototype, and strange fake, grand order is two new that said having an anime tie in to it could boost sales so its still possible especially with the voice actors that are present are any indication
Old 2015-12-29, 09:47   Link #12
quigonkenny
Sav'aaq!

I think the large number of original endings in anime over the years, required because the anime had outpaced the source material, should have illustrated that there is no such condition as "too new" in this industry.

EDIT: That said, as fans, we're quite familiar with, and at best indifferent to, the idea. As much as I would love to see one of the quirkier Nasuverse properties like Lord El Melloi II Case Files or Fate/Strange Fake get an anime, they need to finish (or at least properly build up, in the case of the former) the source material. I guess they could go the Kara no Kyoukai route with Case Files, though, as long as they don't mind waiting a while between movies. Case Files does have the benefit of essentially being canon with Fate Zero and Fate/Stay Night (certainly the former), unlike most of the other options.

Honestly, if they've done their due diligence in designing and planning it, Grand Order isn't too new a property to support at least a movie or a set of OVAs, if not a full cour or two of anime. Storyline and characters should already be planned out well in advance of where the game has so far progressed to.

I don't follow Prototype, so I don't know if it's finished yet, but it seems to have enough material to maybe start a series of OVAs or movies.

Fate/Apocrypha is probably the most likely announcement (assuming this project isn't Fate/Hollow Ataraxia or related to the HF movies), given that it's a completed source. It also has the benefit of having a large cast that will cross-promote quite well with FGO.

Last edited by quigonkenny; 2015-12-29 at 10:21.
quigonkenny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-12-29, 09:51   Link #13
GDB

Plus they could easily fill multiple cours just with what's in the game now.
GDB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-01-04, 22:32   Link #14
Kenju of the Right
Imagine Breaker

Hopefully remake of Fate route with touch-ups from Nasu to fix up some problems like with the UBW anime
Intellectual Village: Volume 6 Chapter 3
Mitou Shoukan:// Blood Sign Volume 1 Chapter 1
Heavy Object: Volume 10 Complete
Gakusen Toshi Asterisk: Volume 7 Chapter 2
Mahouka Koukou no Rettousei: Volume 12 Chapter 12
Rokka no Yuusha Volume 4 Chapter 1

Kenju of the Right is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-01-05, 04:05   Link #15
Tenzen12

There is still plenty of materials to adapt and Fate route is decent enough to not make it again just for sake of flaunting about unlimited budgets.
Old 2016-01-05, 11:12   Link #16
ukulelembo
Detective

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kenju of the Right View Post
Hopefully remake of Fate route with touch-ups from Nasu to fix up some problems.
However, that would not be enough.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tenzen12 View Post
and Fate route is decent enough to not make it again
Unfortunately, this is not true. And even Nasu personally confirmed it. There is basically no way that they can ever made another adaptation of traditional Fate route as we know it. Not now, not anymore. Even Nasu admitted that story is already too familiar and obsolete for new adaptation. And after Zero and UBW there is basically no point (besides money) to adapt route which is basically just introduction route. As we are already beyond introduction with whole franchise. According to Nasu there would be needed huge alterations into story to make it fresh again and reasonable for new adaptation. So in other words, only thing that you can ever hope is anime with completely new story, which just use familiar situations from Fate route. But definitely not adaptation of Fate route as currently is.

Personally, I think that would be more interesting if for example they adapted route "from which Archer came" instead. It is quite fitting that Nasu recently described it as "Fate route" in nature, where however Shirou wasn't able save Saber's heart and overall "something was missing".
Old 2016-01-05, 11:17   Link #17
Levani
貴方が私のマスターか?

If not Fate, then at least Saber's backstory in the form of animation. She doesn't get a proper development in either UBW or HF and that's a real shame.
Old 2016-01-05, 14:26   Link #18
shadow1296

Quote:
Originally Posted by Levani View Post
If not Fate, then at least Saber's backstory in the form of animation. She doesn't get a proper development in either UBW or HF and that's a real shame.
i don't really see a need to do that, saber's backstory is the legend of King Arthur which has in all honesty has been done to death and is prettymuch common knowledge at this point. the events that happen there still happen to her the best that you can get with that is how the events with mordred can still happen even though saber is a girl which can be done with an apocrypha adaptation with mordred's backstory
Old 2016-01-05, 20:51   Link #19
ukulelembo
Detective

We already got Arturia's story in Garden of Avalon novel.

And we hardly get anything beyond that.
Old 2016-01-14, 02:09   Link #20
Brother Coa
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by ukulelembo View Post
Unfortunately, this is not true. And even Nasu personally confirmed it. There is basically no way that they can ever made another adaptation of traditional Fate route as we know it. Not now, not anymore. Even Nasu admitted that story is already too familiar and obsolete for new adaptation. And after Zero and UBW there is basically no point (besides money) to adapt route which is basically just introduction route. As we are already beyond introduction with whole franchise. According to Nasu there would be needed huge alterations into story to make it fresh again and reasonable for new adaptation. So in other words, only thing that you can ever hope is anime with completely new story, which just use familiar situations from Fate route. But definitely not adaptation of Fate route as currently is.
Yeah, the problem is that many fans really want to see new version of Fate route and Last Episode animated ( just like with the original visual novel where majority of fanbase asked for better ending for Saber and they got it in next game release ). Another point is that Nasu has absolutely no say in the project - if Ufotable wants to animate something they will and they will not ask either Nasu or Type-Moon for permission ( since they already got the licence ). I think that remake of Fate route, as it is in the visual novel, would go just fine and would sell well - especially since main heroine is franchise most popular character ( ching ching ).
Overall, remake of Fate route would finish original Fate story to a close ( as far as Ufotable work is considering ) as they already covered prequel and one route with third route on the way in form of a movie. That would also bring them additional financing for doing other Fate works ( like Extra ) much more easier and with bigger budget.
But we shall see, the decision is up to them.
Brother Coa is offline   Reply With Quote