AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Light Novels > To Aru... Index [LN/M]

Notices

Old 2017-05-20, 18:45   Link #1
Kairin
AnimeSuki's Mascot

To Aru Majutsu no Index LN - Speculation/Theories on Future Plot after NT volume 18

The purpose of this thread is to discuss your speculation and theories on the future direction of the plot of To Aru Majutsu no Index after NT volume 18. So, to participate in this thread, you are expected to already be familiar with NT volume 18 and everything before it, so there is no need for spoiler tags. However, please do not post actual teasers/spoilers about future content in this thread; this should only be for your own speculation and theories, not spoilers.

Once the next set of content is released, please discuss what happens in the appropriate thread for that content. A new thread can be created for speculation on what happens after that. You can, however, post again in this thread if you want to report in on what aspects of your speculation came true (and perhaps where you went horribly wrong!).

Please stay on-topic.
  • No shipping talk
  • No pointless chatter
  • No posting raws or source illustrations
  • No posting translations of the source itself
  • No asking about when translations will be done
  • No posts only to update people about translation status (or to just say that something's "out")
  • No posts only to thank translators (please us PM or VM instead)

If you want to discuss a related topic, please feel free to request another thread be created about that topic.
Kairin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2017-05-20, 22:25   Link #2
The One Above God
Kamijou

Fall of Academy City incoming? With how Aleister(s) is screwin' around UK and their associates, I don't see why Lola won't try to do the same, considering she's already in AC and that the Aleisters themselves have said that they're "giving"AC to her.

"I'll destroy that illusion!"
The One Above God is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2017-05-20, 22:54   Link #3
KiharaRonin

^Yes but Lola wants to control AC to help win in the power struggle between the churches. She will no doubt use AC's tech to attack the Aleisters.

I predict the gang going to the UK to fight off Aleister(s). Femi-Aleister helping them. Touma, Index, Othinus, Tsuchimikado, Fran, Misaka, Misaki, Hamazura, and Accelerator all in one area. I think they'll split up to maximize effectiveness. Meanwhile, in a similar fashion to NT8, we'll see Magic Side characters getting into battles with Aleisters around the UK. Lola will probably remain board chairman however Femi-Aleister will warn Touma about this.

If the series continues after this (which at this point is almost obviously the case), the power struggle between the Anglican Church, Roman Catholic Church, and Russian Orthodox Church with Academy City on the side of the Anglican Church and under Lola's control will probably be the main plotline.

Femi-Aleister will freeload with Touma. While Misaka will know more about magic. Misaki too.

IT will continue to grow and maybe the other Level 5s will awaken.
KiharaRonin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2017-05-20, 23:23   Link #4
The One Above God
Kamijou

^I don't think they'll go to UK right off the bat. Similar to how chaos is ensuing there, Lola might just start something in AC out of spite while also trying to utilise what she can to fight against the Aleisters in the meantime.
I'm thinking there will be a breakdown of sorts among AC's residents with their beliefs. It's already been shown in the latest volume that a lot of AC's students are currently trying to get over the fact that they have been essentially honing weapons. Chaos will ensue among the residents and Laura might try to use that to her advantage.

Old 2017-05-20, 23:36   Link #5
shmaster
オンドリャァァァ!!!

I am expecting the Aleisters threatens Touma and co. to help him in his power struggle against Coronzo in exchange of UK's safety.

And not just UK's safety, Aleister's has too many chips that he can use to bargain with Touma.
shmaster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2017-05-21, 01:22   Link #6
Seafoam
『Lolimancer』
*Graphic Designer

They're definitely not leaving AC until at least the end of NT19. And I assume that Accel and Hamazura will get dragged to wherever with Touma this time.

And I just can't see them siding with Coronzon either way. It's a demon, and Touma at least tried to deal with Aleister without killing him, so he can't think he's an ultimate evil. That's a benefit of him seeing Aleister's past.
Seafoam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2017-05-21, 01:30   Link #7
The One Above God
Kamijou

^Touma and Aleister can even end up as bros in the future! Though with their conflicting ideals right now, it might not happen anytime soon.

Old 2017-05-21, 03:24   Link #8
salamander750

Quote:
Originally Posted by The One Above God View Post
^Touma and Aleister can even end up as bros in the future! Though with their conflicting ideals right now, it might not happen anytime soon.
Not gonna happen. See the epilogue? Aleister just became a loli, A LOLI
salamander750 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2017-05-21, 06:44   Link #9
KiharaRonin

While I doubt they would side with Coronzon/Lola, they were knocked out of the Windowless Building before she showed herself to Aleister. This was obviously done on purpose. Touma wouldn't side with a demon but he barely has any clue about what just happened. Also if Lola wants to use AC to gain the upper hand in this power struggle she will not try to cause any chaos. She now controls the city and is still the Archbishop and is still trusted by her people. Plus, as she said, no one will know about the switch, why should make it obvious right away by causing trouble.

I also doubt they'll leave AC this volume. I assume we'll see the chaos in the UK going on in the background but I think this volume will focus more on the possibilities trying to use Accelerator for Aiwass. And how Shiage will get involved. And how both will get involved with Touman. Femi-Aleister will probably tell Touma why Accel is important along with explaining the possibilities.
Old 2017-05-21, 08:13   Link #10
bakato

Quote:
Originally Posted by shmaster View Post
I am expecting the Aleisters threatens Touma and co. to help him in his power struggle against Coronzo in exchange of UK's safety.

And not just UK's safety, Aleister's has too many chips that he can use to bargain with Touma.
He doesn't have to bargain. Touma can't sit still while a demon pulls AC's strings.

Quote:
Originally Posted by salamander750 View Post
Not gonna happen. See the epilogue? Aleister just became a loli, A LOLI
Kamachi's pulled a lot of crap with his girls, but I don't know if I can swallow gender bending.
Old 2017-05-21, 08:25   Link #11
Marcus H.
Princess or Plunderer?

What I am worried about is that Tokiwadai's "seeds of doubt". The students of one of the five distinguished schools in Academy City finally discovered the nature of their abilities and, like Mikoto with the A.A.A., are afraid of what they are capable of. (It's a rather interesting callback to the justification for Touma not wielding any other weapon other than his fist on NT14.)

Is this going to be the start of a morale crisis that could rival that of the supposed effects of Misuzu's assassination?
Spring 2023: Yamada-kun to Lv999 no Koi wo Suru, Kuma Kuma Kuma Bear Punch! (4/12), Skip to Loafer, Tonikaku Kawaii S2 (1/12), Otonari ni Ginga (5/12) and Kimi wa Houkago Insomnia (3/13).

Contact me on Wikia and MyAnimeList.
Anime List Status ~ Watching: 33. Completed: 468. Plan to watch: 39.
Marcus H. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2017-05-21, 08:26   Link #12
Kenju of the Right
Imagine Breaker

You guys think theyre going to leave England hanging? i hope not, Touma wont just leave his friends in England to get massacred. And I want to see Stiyl & co again.
Intellectual Village: Volume 6 Chapter 3
Mitou Shoukan:// Blood Sign Volume 1 Chapter 1
Heavy Object: Volume 10 Complete
Gakusen Toshi Asterisk: Volume 7 Chapter 2
Mahouka Koukou no Rettousei: Volume 12 Chapter 12
Rokka no Yuusha Volume 4 Chapter 1

Last edited by Kenju of the Right; 2017-05-21 at 10:25.
Kenju of the Right is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2017-05-21, 08:50   Link #13
KiharaRonin

^They won't leave England hanging. Touma wouldn't do that. As soon as he learns about the chaos in England, he will not hesitate to head right over there and punch ever Possibility in the face.

@bakato Touma wouldn't be able to let a demon pull AC's strings. But again him nor his friends know that she's there. They would most likely assume it was the possibilities who blasted them out. They didn't see Lola enter, don't know she's a demon, and have little reason to believe so. Aleister gave up on AC and simply would not benefit from going back there. That's the purpose of the trade. Even in numbers, Lola can overwhelm all of them and with Academy City tech on her side, Aleister would be screwed. That's why he wants to take England. If Touma ever does learn that a demon is in charge, he'd only stand up to her if she did something to hurt others. At the moment, she simply wants the upperhand in a political power struggle and has no interest in harming AC's people. In fact, she seems greatly interested in making her presence unknown.

Femi-Aleister briefly mentioned the issue however, it's similar to Othinus mentioning Aleister in NT9. It makes no sense to the characters and isn't as important as the main problem at hand.
Old 2017-05-21, 09:24   Link #14
Seafoam
『Lolimancer』
*Graphic Designer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kenju of the Right View Post
You guys think theyre going to leave England hanging? i hope not, Touma wont just leave his friends in England to get massacred. And I want to Stiyl & co again.
They got time. That's why they told Lola that it's going to turn into a drawn out battle there. Considering NT likes to go really slow (or is it fast?) and make volumes last a day or less, there should be plenty of time to deal with at least one problem in AC, likely to do with Aiwass' core, before going to help the rest of the world.
Seafoam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2017-05-21, 09:51   Link #15
KiharaRonin

Here's jow I think it will go.
NT19 Aiwass' core along with Accelerator and Hamazura getting involved. The team will head to England. The England problem will progress in the background.
NT20 - All out battle for England, ending with only Femi-Aleister remain. Past Magic Side characters involved. Lola using AC's tech to help out. Touma and friends will return to the city and try to settle in to their normal lives. Lola will continue to lead AC.
Old 2017-05-21, 11:56   Link #16
bakato

Quote:
Originally Posted by KiharaRonin View Post
^They won't leave England hanging. Touma wouldn't do that. As soon as he learns about the chaos in England, he will not hesitate to head right over there and punch ever Possibility in the face.

@bakato Touma wouldn't be able to let a demon pull AC's strings. But again him nor his friends know that she's there. They would most likely assume it was the possibilities who blasted them out. They didn't see Lola enter, don't know she's a demon, and have little reason to believe so. Aleister gave up on AC and simply would not benefit from going back there. That's the purpose of the trade. Even in numbers, Lola can overwhelm all of them and with Academy City tech on her side, Aleister would be screwed. That's why he wants to take England. If Touma ever does learn that a demon is in charge, he'd only stand up to her if she did something to hurt others. At the moment, she simply wants the upperhand in a political power struggle and has no interest in harming AC's people. In fact, she seems greatly interested in making her presence unknown.

Femi-Aleister briefly mentioned the issue however, it's similar to Othinus mentioning Aleister in NT9. It makes no sense to the characters and isn't as important as the main problem at hand.
Aleister's plan involves Touma so its obvious he's gonna tell him.
Old 2017-05-21, 12:10   Link #17
Tiken
Supreme Coconut Edgelord

I think honestly think Aleister is going to reincarnate himself in the future. Obviously the sisters are still a part of his plan, so it's not completely out of the question that he will just clone, or recreate himself in some way. I doubt this is the end of the original Aleister. Also, Accelerator next volume, so my guess is a gradual magic side take over of Academy City. Laura or Lola is currently preoccupied with her territory being under attack, so Aleister's plan will buy them a bit of time before this happens. I'm betting that he'll want be the one to make the final blow against Coronzon himself.
Tiken is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2017-05-21, 12:27   Link #18
KiharaRonin

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tiken View Post
I think honestly think Aleister is going to reincarnate himself in the future. Obviously the sisters are still a part of his plan, so it's not completely out of the question that he will just clone, or recreate himself in some way. I doubt this is the end of the original Aleister. Also, Accelerator next volume, so my guess is a gradual magic side take over of Academy City. Laura or Lola is currently preoccupied with her territory being under attack, so Aleister's plan will buy them a bit of time before this happens. I'm betting that he'll want be the one to make the final blow against Coronzon himself.
I do believe the Magic Side will control AC by the end of the Arc. I'm pretty sure the conflict between the Anglican, Russian Orthodox, and Roman Catholic churches will be the next major focus after Aleister and I have a feeling Lola and AC will be major factors in this conflict.
Old 2017-05-22, 14:53   Link #19
Ravagerblade
The Fearless

I wonder how The Anglican/Necessarius Magicians will feel about Laura/Lola being Demon/Crowley's Daughter. How does that work again?
Is she actually dead and Corazon took control or is it simply Possession with Laura being Ling to Greed FMA.

“No, I don’t get it at all. I may claim to ‘understand’ Othinus, but I only know her as a girl. I don’t understand anything when it comes to her being a Magic God.” - Touma NT13
Ravagerblade is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2017-05-22, 16:41   Link #20
KiharaRonin

I don't really understand how it works. However I'm not exactly sure they'll find out. It definitely seems like she's planning on staying with church and I doubt she'd allow them to learn her true identity.