AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series

Notices

Old 2007-07-11, 15:07   Link #1081
BBOvenGuy
Math Ninja
*Author

Memento has posted reports that the live-action Nodame will be back for a two-night special covering Nodame's and Chiaki's adventures in Paris. In fact, they'll be filming in Paris this fall for a January broadcast.

On the one hand, this is good news, but on the other - why no second series? And what does this say about the chances for a second anime series? Anything?
BBOvenGuy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-07-11, 15:43   Link #1082
aliensporebomb

Send a message via AIM to aliensporebomb Send a message via Yahoo to aliensporebomb
Yesss!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

The reason it is a two show special is because:

(1) taking a japanese production, taking the principal actors and putting them in
france for a number of weeks recording key scenes from the manga is going to be
EXPENSIVE.

Think about it - maintaining a production team away from home, needing translators,
locations, rights to film at certain spots, lodging, food, etc.

It won't be a problem for the animation, you need the a famous spot? Just draw it!
Old 2007-07-11, 17:27   Link #1083
BBOvenGuy
Math Ninja
*Author

Yeah, I did consider the expense, but then Doctor Who just did a two-part episode set in New York, and most of that was shot in Cardiff. They only sent a single camera crew to New York for some establishing shot footage, and faked the rest. So it could be done.

And yes, an anime series set in Paris would be no more expensive than an anime series set in Japan, so there's definite hope there. I'm trying to remember how long we had to wait after Mai-HiME for an anouncement of Mai-Otome, or how long after Jigoku Shoujo for an announcement of Jigoku Shojo Futakomori. Any recollection?
BBOvenGuy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-07-11, 17:40   Link #1084
SeijiSensei
AS Oji-kun

Maybe they'll just include a few shots of the Tokyo Tower whenever they need that Parisian feel .
SeijiSensei is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-07-11, 18:56   Link #1085
nanafan
horo fan

crap that sucks i thought there would be a second season. well at least there's a special better than nothing..
nanafan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-07-11, 21:03   Link #1086
grey_moon
Yummy, sweet and unyuu!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vibeke View Post
To all of Nodame drama lovers (like me): 2 special episodes are in production! The story will be about... Nodame and Chiaki in Paris! Now this is something I didn't expect to happen, the filming will start in autumn, in Paris; the air date is on the beginning of January 2008.
Wowowowo that is great news! Is this live action or anime?

Legend of 1900 is great I especially like the dual with the jazz player, the way 1900 lit the ciggie and trounced his sorry arse was soooo cooool. I just wish it was a more happy ending.

I tried to imagine Nodame playing as 1900 but for some reason I could only imagine her pining for Chiaki and eating all the food.
Old 2007-07-11, 21:10   Link #1087
nanafan
horo fan

it's the drama not the anime, though i would love to see a second season of the anime too.
Old 2007-07-12, 09:07   Link #1088
ReAn
Shinsen-Subs Staff
*Fansubber

Send a message via ICQ to ReAn Send a message via AIM to ReAn Send a message via MSN to ReAn
Alright, just picked this up and started watching a couple eps, and firstly id like to say:

OMG Bravo, an anime that's NOT BASED ON HIGH SCHOOL KIDS!

Don't get me wrong, high-school anime are alright, but being 21 (almost 22) i desire more semi-mature anime based in a university setting. Especially with a slice of romance?

K, hopefully someone can clear this up for me tho:

Episode one the main character (forget his name already) wakes up in Nodame's apt. and it's hinted at that they ~got it on~ since nodame had 'taken off his belt' etc...

Did they really? Or was that supposed to be meant as a misunderstanding? I watched the ep at like 1am-2am last night so it's still a little foggy.
ReAn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-07-12, 09:43   Link #1089
aliensporebomb

Send a message via AIM to aliensporebomb Send a message via Yahoo to aliensporebomb
It was:

Spoiler:

Also, there's no indication at all that there won't be a second season of
the anime, just that the second season has not been announced yet.
Old 2007-07-12, 09:58   Link #1090
ReAn
Shinsen-Subs Staff
*Fansubber

Send a message via ICQ to ReAn Send a message via AIM to ReAn Send a message via MSN to ReAn
Quote:
Originally Posted by aliensporebomb View Post
It was:

Spoiler:

Ahhh....

On another note, this show give me a good H&C vibe, probably from the drawing style. Anyone else feel this way?
Old 2007-07-12, 10:08   Link #1091
grey_moon
Yummy, sweet and unyuu!!!

Well with Nodame we can never be too sure what she got up to

I agree with you with the HC vibe, that's what caught my eye when I first watched it.
Old 2007-07-14, 02:53   Link #1092
blue^
ステージの端のピアニスト

To clear Nodame's name (and disappoint everyone XD):

Spoiler for The first volume of the manga:
Eugene
blue^ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-07-15, 17:41   Link #1093
Keiichi_chan
Star of Misfortune

Send a message via AIM to Keiichi_chan
So I LOVED this anime! LOVED~!!!
It kinda felt rushed alittle towards the end. Like things had to be wrapped up but then some things weren't as wrapped up as they could've been. I wanted more from the endign between Noda and Chiaki. SO is the ending pretty similar in the manga? Or is there more, like enough for a second season?
This is so popular in Japan right now, I'd imagine they'll atleast do an anime movie or something.

Also, is the Live Action ver. this good? Is there a special tag I should add to find the videos on Yt-ish sites. I havent seen much of the non anime stuff anywhere..
Keiichi_chan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-07-15, 19:00   Link #1094
nanafan
horo fan

the live action is awesome i definitely recommend it if you liked the anime. i laughed a lot watching the live action as much as the anime.
Old 2007-07-16, 06:29   Link #1095
Tiamat's Disciple
Disciple of the Flames

The live action is okay, not that great so full of cheese at times to be painful. They also went weird with the flow, i supose it was cause of the time restraints, but meh, i dint like it.

As for the anime, i finally got around to watching the last few eps and im miffed. The ending is sooooo rushed its painful. They could of easily have gone for another 3 episodes with Nodame and her family and their antics, instead they rushed it through 10 minutes, and a few still frames at the end. This lets down what would of been an awesome series, droped from 10/10 to 7.5/10.
Tiamat's Disciple is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-07-16, 09:23   Link #1096
Hunter Nin.

Can't believe this is over, one of the best recent anime series if not my number one. I liked the ending but I can see they could have put a lot more into it, I assume there was more in the manga? Anyway, all I have to say is... THIS WAS AWESOME! Please God let there be a season 2!

I also want to ask, if anyone has bought the translated manga is it any good?
Hunter Nin. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-07-16, 10:47   Link #1097
janfive

Although I agree that the last episode was a bit rushed since the still frames at the end could have easily been animated if the piano part in the middle could have been cut down but I disagree with dropping the series to 7.5 from 10/10 for that minor infraction. The warm reunion/embrace of chiaki and nodame was a great way to close the first chapter of their relationship and I think putting 3 more episodes to make those still frames animated would do more harm than good for the series since it kinda feel like an epilogue for season one, so showing it in the closing credits seems reasonable. A season 2 is most welcomed. Anyways this series 9 to 9.5/10 in my book, the anime did a very good job in capturing the humour and personality of the main characters from the award winning manga from which it is based with only the lack of fluidity in animating the conducting/piano playing scenes as my only minor complaint.
janfive is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-07-16, 11:11   Link #1098
kira-sama

Send a message via MSN to kira-sama Send a message via Yahoo to kira-sama
okay
my wish comes true that live action special 2 episode about paris will be airing on 2008
but i hope the anime will have a season 2 too "sigh"
kira-sama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-07-16, 11:31   Link #1099
ReAn
Shinsen-Subs Staff
*Fansubber

Well I'm only up to epi 12 here, but could somebody tell me:

Spoiler for For Mild Language:
Old 2007-07-16, 15:11   Link #1100
Tiamat's Disciple
Disciple of the Flames

Quote:
Originally Posted by janfive View Post
Although I agree that the last episode was a bit rushed since the still frames at the end could have easily been animated if the piano part in the middle could have been cut down but I disagree with dropping the series to 7.5 from 10/10 for that minor infraction. The warm reunion/embrace of chiaki and nodame was a great way to close the first chapter of their relationship and I think putting 3 more episodes to make those still frames animated would do more harm than good for the series since it kinda feel like an epilogue for season one, so showing it in the closing credits seems reasonable. A season 2 is most welcomed. Anyways this series 9 to 9.5/10 in my book, the anime did a very good job in capturing the humour and personality of the main characters from the award winning manga from which it is based with only the lack of fluidity in animating the conducting/piano playing scenes as my only minor complaint.
The problem is the last episode can make or break a show, in this case it broke it. There's so much cut out and changed in that last rpisode its painful. There was a lot more Chiki/Nodame moments, and some funny as hell Chiaki/family moments. Then there's the entire fact they changed Nodame's past and made it seem something minor, which it wasnt.

I suppose since ive read the manga an know what was removed and changed its all the more painful. I think its because of that i mark it as 7.5, it leaves a bitter taste IMO

Quote:
Originally Posted by ReAn View Post
Well I'm only up to epi 12 here, but could somebody tell me:

Spoiler for For Mild Language:
That would be telling

Seriosuly though its better to watch without knowing whats going to happen, then the changes have more of an impact.
Tiamat's Disciple is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
comedy, nodame cantabile, noitamina, romance