Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series

Notices

Old 2011-01-05, 07:35   Link #61
darktruth

Quote:
Originally Posted by Field of Lilies View Post
Edit 2: The official blog also just updated to show the cover of the first DVD:
Will definitely be importing the 2nd season like I did for the first. Looks like they'll be running a mail-in item campaign for a special Kimi Todo pin's stand once you buy all first press editions of each volume, this is for the special set of pins that will come with each volume in the first press. Still glad I managed to get the DVD artbox for season 1 as that was the mail-in item campaign when the DVDs were being released. I hope they also make one for the second season as it'll look out of place next to my boxset of the first season if they don't make one and I will surely be disappointed.
darktruth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-01-05, 07:37   Link #62
MeoTwister5
Komrades of Kitamura Kou

In my case I'm not that sold on the OP but the ED... wow it just blue me the F away. Fantastic animation, a simple yet lovely song and that shot of both of them back to back ending with the title as the ending lyric completely encapsulates everything I love about the manga.

I have a general dislike for recap episodes, but IG showed how to do it while mixing in character development without feeling like a slide show of past events. Kudos to them. It's a good thing this is the first episode, because it makes it a nice way to start the season.
MeoTwister5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-01-05, 08:11   Link #63
LotsOfLaughs
I know. I'm lame.

Oh yush it's finally here. xD

The OP for me was amazing. Especially Sawako floating... it's so darn cute ><
The ED is okay, I might like more in the future episodes.
The special made me feel a bit Nostalgic thought ^^ looking forward to this.
LotsOfLaughs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-01-05, 08:44   Link #64
KaedeF
Moeshit hater

I like the ED more, especially the animation.

Kurumi really looks greats in this episode. It seems that the animation quality has improved a lot. Can't wait for next episode, and I want the new guy to appear as soon as possible.
Old 2011-01-05, 09:56   Link #65
pagan poor
Swayin' to the beat

As for the episode itself, it was well done for a recap episode, but also seen more from the eyes of Kurumi. Yes, she is the "bad guy" of the show but I looked at this ep from a more sympathetic eye without much of the heated drama from the last series. Kudos to Production IG for starting the show with this.
pagan poor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-01-05, 12:39   Link #66
Kanon
Kana Hanazawa ♥

Quote:
Originally Posted by Revan21 View Post
Not me, I still like her more than Sawako.
At least she had the courage to confess and it was a breautiful scene too
Me too. How I wish she were the main character instead of Sawako... Somehow, I have a feeling this episode will remain my favorite of the season. Sigh.

I'm loving the new OP as well. Can't comment on the ED since I forgot to watch it
Old 2011-01-05, 12:45   Link #67
orion
Waiting for more taiyuki!

A boa constrictor is still a boa constrictor even if you put a cute hat on it.

Kurumi ruined Kazehaya's middle school dating life, interfered with his high school dating life. And now she's going to buy him chocolates despite being turned down. She deserves all the misery that's coming to her for not walking away when she had the chance. No sympathies for her coming from me.

Last edited by orion; 2011-01-05 at 12:55.
orion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-01-05, 13:45   Link #68
Itlandm
Porcupine

Let us rejoice, for Kimi ni Todoke has once again appeared, surely with the support of Heaven, to spread joy and beauty and virtue in a troubled world! Let us tell our friends, that they too may come and feel the true love that radiates from the one and only Kimi no Todoke!
Itlandm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-01-05, 14:30   Link #69
Revan21

Quote:
Originally Posted by orion View Post

Kurumi ruined Kazehaya's middle school dating life, interfered with his high school dating life. And now she's going to buy him chocolates despite being turned down. She deserves all the misery that's coming to her for not walking away when she had the chance. No sympathies for her coming from me.
That just shows her devotion, how passionate she is about her love Of course, she doesn't want to see anyone else date Kazehaya, who would? But
1. she's not confident enough to ask him out
2. she doesn't want to be hated by everyone for dating him.

So it's not exactly a happy situation to be in, at the end she either looses him or her social status.

That's why stalker girls are always more fun. Like (good) tsunderes, it's much harder to sort out their feelings

Last edited by Revan21; 2011-01-05 at 15:19.
Revan21 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-01-05, 14:55   Link #70
grey_moon
Yummy, sweet and unyuu!!!

Recap from Kurumi's perspective, but I loved it. Sets up S2 perfectly. I think I just had a "crisis"

Great op and ed again, art still is wunniful as is the story tell (even if it was a recap)
Old 2011-01-05, 15:12   Link #71
Sour-Do

Send a message via ICQ to Sour-Do Send a message via AIM to Sour-Do Send a message via MSN to Sour-Do Send a message via Yahoo to Sour-Do
Quote:
Originally Posted by Revan21
Not me, I still like her more than Sawako.
Quote:
Originally Posted by MeoTwister5
I have a general dislike for recap episodes, but IG showed how to do it while mixing in character development without feeling like a slide show of past events.
I haven't read the manga, so I don't know if credit mostly should go to the mangaka or the anime storyboard writers for Kurumi's very enjoyable character development as seen in the anime. It was easy to hate our antagonist in the beginning for what she was doing to our protagonist couple, but even within the first season I found myself feeling more and more mixed about Kurumi. And now with this recap, which is supposed to be how she's really thinking and feeling about the events of her past half year since Sawako came into the picture, I am in eager anticipation of how Kurumi's character will continue to develop in season 2.

Anyhow, I love a story where characters can change and perhaps grow in ways that I didn't expect.
Sour-Do is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-01-05, 16:13   Link #72
grey_moon
Yummy, sweet and unyuu!!!

Quote:
Actually I respect her a lot more for trying and not giving up. Ume as a character is growing, and even if 00 is a recap, it shows how she has grown from her experiences and hopefully is changing for the better. Towards the end of the episode, we don't see her hating Sawako and we don't see her giving up.... All good traits in my eyes and I'm a ardent Sawako x Kazehaya shipper
Old 2011-01-05, 16:49   Link #73
Shiroth
Beautiful fighter.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sour-Do View Post
I haven't read the manga, so I don't know if credit mostly should go to the mangaka or the anime storyboard writers for Kurumi's very enjoyable character development as seen in the anime.
Everything from the first season was from the manga, including the flashbacks. There's a bit of anime original material inbetween the flashbacks of episode 00, though the basic set-up for Kurumi's character has already been made in the manga material, so the staff are basically adding to it. It's very well done actually, because this episode is a recap and character development at the same time. Plus it's episode 00, so not taking anything away from the announced 13 episodes of the series.
Old 2011-01-05, 17:05   Link #74
Dop
Mmmm....

For a 'recap', that was certainly a superior example of how to do it.

Also, it reminded me how much I loved the first season, and confirmed this show as one to watch this season.
Dop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-01-05, 17:07   Link #75
Flower
Blooming on the mountain

Location: Deep in their roots, all flowers keep the light....
Quote:
Originally Posted by ZGMF-X10A View Post
am i the only one that didn't like both the OP and ED? I preferred the old one better. Maybe the songs will sink into my head throughout the series.
Well - I did not think they were that bad - but I liked the first season's OP and ED better. For me it would be a hard thing to make S2's OP and ED as good as S1 - anyhoo I think they made a good (and conscious) effort.

Quote:

Haven't heard this one in a while!

Quote:
Well, I can see where you are coming from I guess - of course in Japan there is nothing wrong with buying chocolates for the person you like whether or no they return your feelings (err ... if I understand their practice correctly).

Although I did not like all of Kurumi's actions I don't know if I would go so far as to "write her name in the book", if you get my meaning. The manga (while ahead of the anime storyline, of course) shows a little more sides and aspects to Kurumi as the story goes on. I must admit that I kind of like her character. Just my take on it though.

Regarding the episode itself I also thought it was a good recap job. It's interesting how they took the footage from S1 but put slightly different background music to many of the scenes. A little change, but one I appreciated - i.e. instead of just "copying and pasting" they put a little effort into it.

I am wondering whether or no KNT S2 will get it's own "sub-section" in the "current anime"section of animesuki, though - like TWGOK and Amagami did, for example. I think there are many different aspects that could be discussed, and would also be interested in different people's opinions on each episode, a 'la "blow by blow" commentary.

Anyone else think this would be a good idea? Or are people "holding off" to see if the series "warrants" such a "special treatment"?

I am, of course, all for it, but "every frog praises his own swamp", as the saying goes, so my being for it should not be a surprise.
Old 2011-01-05, 18:13   Link #76
germanturkey
Udon-YAAAAAAAA

i need more dawwww in my life. this will provide it.

Blessed are those who listen to headphones, for they listen to the sound of heaven.
germanturkey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-01-05, 22:19   Link #77
LotsOfLaughs
I know. I'm lame.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Revan21 View Post
That just shows her devotion, how passionate she is about her love Of course, she doesn't want to see anyone else date Kazehaya, who would? But
1. she's not confident enough to ask him out
2. she doesn't want to be hated by everyone for dating him.
Not to mention that there will be girls who'll ruin her love life as well if ever she hints she likes Kazehaya.... ever since that misunderstanding in middle school.

My uberly lame MAL
LotsOfLaughs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-01-05, 22:54   Link #78
germanturkey
Udon-YAAAAAAAA

man, if Sawako wasn't so adorable, i would totally ship Kurumi. she's such a complex character. if Sawako is representative of the "dream" romance in everyone's life, then Kurumi is the unrequited love we all face. her way of dealing with it is stellar too. i'm excited for this season because it expands on her character a bit.

plus we get a bunch more dawwww moments right off the bat, at least from where the manga left off.

Blessed are those who listen to headphones, for they listen to the sound of heaven.
germanturkey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-01-05, 23:06   Link #79
broken270
Defying gravity

Spoiler:
broken270 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-01-06, 04:17   Link #80
Itlandm
Porcupine

There is a great difference between love that takes and love that gives. Sawako is always giving respect and admiration to others, even to her rival. When there are many such people, happiness increases. Kurumi, on the other hand, is thinking of what she wants for herself, and has no love for those who cannot - as she believes - give her happiness. What she thinks of as love is actually an attachment, a lack in herself that she hopes Kazehaya will fill.

The message of the first season, as I see it, was: You should make yourself worthy of a good spouse, rather than just desire one. This is an excellent advice for the real world and will increase happiness for all involved.
Itlandm is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
coming of age, romance, school life, shoujo