AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Higurashi

Notices

Old 2008-11-30, 04:33   Link #521
Miko Miko
Imouto-Chan♥
*Graphic Designer

I was looking forward to December, now the long wait until February.
It seems to last forever..

Miko Miko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-11-30, 13:38   Link #522
sona-nyl
Actually an Alligator

Quote:
Originally Posted by cereal_killerxx View Post
I remember how I started watching it. It was the most boring day ever, and I was looking around anime news network hoping to find something to drown away my boredom... Then I noticed something. A small advertisement on the right side that drew my attention. I immediately downloaded a handful of episodes and was instantly hooked xD

P. S. Higurashi is definetely better without a doubt... but don't make fun of "Kame-hame-ha" =P
I found it when I was around ten a friend on the swedish site bc-manga sended an amv to me that she had found she didnt know the anime or song but she liked the song and I watched it and it turned to my favorite amv then it went two years and I readed the higurashi manga on one manga then it went like a month one day I was bored and didnt know what to do and I was just like LETS WATCH IT KNOW I really loved the plot and all my friends was like i tought you only liked cute animnes and keroro and i said not more and know i like want to do everything that has to do with higurashi
sona-nyl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-11-30, 15:42   Link #523
Golden Witch Drugs
しゆあげいん。

Quote:
Originally Posted by HanyuuChan View Post
I found it when I was around ten a friend on the swedish site bc-manga sended an amv to me that she had found she didnt know the anime or song but she liked the song and I watched it and it turned to my favorite amv then it went two years and I readed the higurashi manga on one manga then it went like a month one day I was bored and didnt know what to do and I was just like LETS WATCH IT KNOW I really loved the plot and all my friends was like i tought you only liked cute animnes and keroro and i said not more and know i like want to do everything that has to do with higurashi
At my point, it also started at the swedish site "BC-manga", where someone linked the opening. I got interested and watched the first and second season. Not long after that I started reading the mangas and bought all the PC games. And then I bought the Daybreak and about half a year after that I bought the matsuri xD So I have alot of Higurashi stuff lying around at my house now ._. Btw, HanyuuChan, If I'm not mistaken you are NihonSuki at BC-manga, right?
Golden Witch Drugs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-12-02, 16:48   Link #524
KoiYuki

I started watching because someone had the episode 5 intro as a gif in their sig on a.. rather sarcastic anti-otaku site. I watched the first four episodes that night, and I was sad when they all died.. xD; Then I realized that there was more and that wasn't the end.
KoiYuki is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-12-05, 18:11   Link #525
Hareoic
There will be burgers

The last installment of the AMV Hell series had a couple clips from Higurashi. I felt like I couldn't sleep at night until I knew what the heck was going on and started watching it in October of last year.

I still didn't sleep for awhile after starting, of course (this was my first exposure to psychological horror, after all) but I'm glad I stuck with it.
Old 2008-12-05, 18:43   Link #526
Ryuugu-chan
.....?

Smile

>:3 I started watching Higurashi because it's awesome.

Joking >>
Spoiler for unnecessary story about how I found out about Higurashi:

That all happened in around 4 days.
Kyaa,I'm such a bad girl.
I watched the second season first..Then the the first.

Well,not completly. I already know everything that happened in the first season,perfectly by memory,but I'm still watching it. The japanese first season doesn't attract me,so I'm watching it slowly throught the english dub(..>> I saw all the death scenes though,and most of the episodes in Tsumborohoshi-hen,I haven't watched 23 or 24).

Higurashi's so awesome...I wonder what the 4th season will be like. Don't deny it
Old 2008-12-07, 14:12   Link #527
Hareoic
There will be burgers

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ryuugu-chan View Post
Higurashi's so awesome...I wonder what the 4th season will be like. Don't deny it
I don't think there's a fourth season (Umineko no Naku Koro ni is a different story, so it doesn't count).
Old 2008-12-07, 23:07   Link #528
Dante of the Inferno
Turnin' the Tables

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hareoic View Post
I don't think there's a fourth season (Umineko no Naku Koro ni is a different story, so it doesn't count).
Considering the extra manga arcs and the game exclusive arcs still remain, you never know....
Old 2008-12-07, 23:36   Link #529
Tunafishisgood
Tuna Lover

Still... It's important to know where to draw the line. Still there are manga and game arcs that I want to see animated.
Tunafishisgood is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-12-08, 07:33   Link #530
Eryops

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dante of the Inferno View Post
Considering the extra manga arcs and the game exclusive arcs still remain, you never know....
It seems extremely unlikely to me. Bringing in arcs that end badly after Matsuribayashi-hen would be rather strange, and considering that Miotsukushi-hen hasn't appeared outside of Matsuri I don't think it will ever get animated either. The only arcs that can more or less stand alone is Onisarashi-hen and Yoigoshi-hen and I don't doubt that they'd be willing to risk the cost of producing a series of OVAs with an almost completely different cast of characters.
Eryops is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-12-08, 15:29   Link #531
Dante of the Inferno
Turnin' the Tables

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eryops View Post
It seems extremely unlikely to me. Bringing in arcs that end badly after Matsuribayashi-hen would be rather strange, and considering that Miotsukushi-hen hasn't appeared outside of Matsuri I don't think it will ever get animated either. The only arcs that can more or less stand alone is Onisarashi-hen and Yoigoshi-hen and I don't doubt that they'd be willing to risk the cost of producing a series of OVAs with an almost completely different cast of characters.
Perhaps, but don't forget Kokoroiyashi-hen.
Old 2008-12-08, 18:52   Link #532
CabooseJr
<Insert Comment Here>

Send a message via AIM to CabooseJr
I am really excited for this new season.
I just started watching last week and I got instantly hooked.
Old 2008-12-08, 20:57   Link #533
kiki_natsumi-chan
Battler follower

Send a message via MSN to kiki_natsumi-chan
Ehm...sorry for asking...but is there any info of the opening of the Rei Ovas?
kiki_natsumi-chan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-12-08, 22:08   Link #534
Hareoic
There will be burgers

Quote:
Originally Posted by kiki_natsumi-chan View Post
I was going to ask, too, since I think animenewsnetwork.com has them listed...
Old 2008-12-08, 23:13   Link #535
Orophin

Quote:
Originally Posted by kiki_natsumi-chan View Post
Nothing that I'm aware of. They used the song Naraku no Hana for the teaser of Rei but that doesn't really mean anything.
Orophin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-12-09, 16:34   Link #536
kiki_natsumi-chan
Battler follower

Send a message via MSN to kiki_natsumi-chan
^ Thanks anyways. =D I was just curious.
kiki_natsumi-chan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-12-20, 21:40   Link #537
Oyajitchi
Giroro's Bestest nakama

Is there any news to what the Arcs would be in Season 3?

Like possibly Onisarashi-hen???
Oyajitchi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-12-20, 22:05   Link #538
Eryops

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oyajitchi View Post
Is there any news to what the Arcs would be in Season 3?

Like possibly Onisarashi-hen???
Read the thread before posting.
Eryops is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-12-20, 22:39   Link #539
Oyajitchi
Giroro's Bestest nakama

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eryops View Post
Read the thread before posting.
Well they actually did reveal some of the Arcs already at the very end of the Higurashi no Naku Koro ni movie...

So I was just wondering if they announced other titles besides that.

Sorry I did read the thread before posting but was confused as they have had already announced 3 titles already.
Oyajitchi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-12-20, 23:25   Link #540
Orophin

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oyajitchi View Post
Well they actually did reveal some of the Arcs already at the very end of the Higurashi no Naku Koro ni movie...

So I was just wondering if they announced other titles besides that.

Sorry I did read the thread before posting but was confused as they have had already announced 3 titles already.
Those three arcs are the only arcs that Rei will have.

The first episode will be Hajisarashi-hen, it will come out on February 25. The three following episodes will cover Saikoroshi-hen and the release dates for those are Mars 25, May and June respectively. The fifth (and last) episode will be about Hirukowashi-hen and will be out sometime in August.
Orophin is offline   Reply With Quote