AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > To Aru Kagaku no Railgun

Notices

View Poll Results: To Aru Kagaku no Railgun S - Episode 23 Rating
Perfect 10 8 16.00%
9 out of 10 : Excellent 9 18.00%
8 out of 10 : Very Good 7 14.00%
7 out of 10 : Good 11 22.00%
6 out of 10 : Average 7 14.00%
5 out of 10 : Below Average 4 8.00%
4 out of 10 : Poor 1 2.00%
3 out of 10 : Bad 2 4.00%
2 out of 10 : Very Bad 0 0%
1 out of 10 : Painful 1 2.00%
Voters: 50. You may not vote on this poll

Old 2013-09-21, 19:26   Link #41
Ilidsor
Angelerator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Haak View Post
Because she probably couldn't.

She could only start using her powers after most of drug had worn off.
When does it say that? Shinobu said the only thing it does it to block her from moving her body.

Quote:
Some maybe. But plenty already had their abilities before they even got to that city, thus the comparison stays valid.
No, gemstones are really rare. So rare Kuroko doesn't even believe in them.
Old 2013-09-21, 20:31   Link #42
VTHokiePride

Next episode is going to be awesome! Everyone's calling favors from their contacts for one climactic final battle to defend Academy City and save Febri. I like how the Level 6 Shift Project tied into the Chemicaloid Project.
Old 2013-09-21, 21:43   Link #43
eavein18

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ilidsor View Post
Wait a minute. If Misaka could use her powers when she was still poisoned, why didn't she just zap Aritomi after he broke Febri's cure-thingy?
plot.armor
Old 2013-09-22, 00:36   Link #44
Shadrala
Level 5 Railgun Stalker

Quote:
Wait a minute. If Misaka could use her powers when she was still poisoned, why didn't she just zap Aritomi after he broke Febri's cure-thingy?
Mikoto really wasn't in a rush, I don't think. She had backups (i.e. Kuroko), and she was more keen on leeching what information she could from Aritomi. She blacked out though, so I'm assuming the drug also had a bit of a tranquilising effect. Which also may mean she couldn't use her powers properly. Mostly, I think she felt in control of the situation and didn't feel the need to show Aritomi right away that she could actually move using her powers.

Shadrala is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-09-22, 04:20   Link #45
Kyral
OC Belka Scriptor

Quote:
I mean why didn't she just shoot some electricity at him to knock him out?
Isn't it that she always has to point her arm at someone if she wants to use her electricity as a ranged pinpoint attack?
If she just had created a burst around her it would have hurt Shinobu more then Aritomi, as Shinobu was standing a lot closer to her, and if she used her electricity to painfully jank her arm towards him he pretty much would have been out of the door before she could even finish her movement.

Quote:
Originally Posted by eavein18 View Post
plot.armor
Yeah... but mainly this... because reasons.
Old 2013-09-22, 04:49   Link #46
Haak
Me, An Intellectual

Quote:
When does it say that? Shinobu said the only thing it does it to block her from moving her body.
It doesn't have to say: You can clearly see it.

Although she was concious for a while longer, you could tell from her face and weak voice that she was only barely able to, so her mind must have been pretty fuzzy at that point. Compare that to after she's woken up and how she's able to talk normally.
Haak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-09-22, 05:20   Link #47
ReddyRedWolf

Study should count themselves lucky Mikoto and gang are about to stop them. If they do commit a terror act they'll just disappear.

They already ticked off Item. Academy City's shady higher ups can just kill them off with nobody the wiser.
ReddyRedWolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-09-22, 12:57   Link #48
Marina2

I wonder what will happen to these STUDY guys/girls in the end.

- Will they get arrested?
- Will ITEM boss get smart and order ITEM girls to erase them?

Hmm....
Old 2013-09-22, 13:01   Link #49
Triple_R
*Author

Send a message via AIM to Triple_R
I'll be pretty surprised if they don't get carted off to jail.

I can't think of many Railgun (anime) antagonists that got killed. These guys probably are disposable, so I wouldn't completely rule out them getting killed, but I think it's more likely they go to jail.
Old 2013-09-22, 13:32   Link #50
AdmirerofSatenRuiko

This episode was really enjoyable for me. Getting to know more about Kongou's background was a big plus (btw her father has really good taste^^)
And most importantly, we get that unique Railgun feeling:

Faito, girls, faito!!
AdmirerofSatenRuiko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-09-22, 14:26   Link #51
SilverTalon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kyral View Post
Isn't it that she always has to point her arm at someone if she wants to use her electricity as a ranged pinpoint attack?
No, thats not accurate. You see her properly aim at the tentacle of the AIM Burst while her hands are bound by another tentacle. Honestly the hands are just used for dramatic effect. Think Darth Vader's choke. There is no reason he needs to hold his thumb and index finger in that position, but hey, on screen that looks more impressive because it makes it seem like he is really doing something versus standing there.
SilverTalon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-09-22, 15:01   Link #52
RPG_Fanatic
Fallere825

I understand what this arc is trying to show and the issues it is raising, but it has been presented in such an unpolished I just can't care about what is happening. I just want it to end at this point so we can move on the Index III and Railgun III with canon arcs and hopefully more polish like the Sister's arc.

The villains are just so bad, both in terms of presence, their evil plan, their motivation, and just being really incompetent at times. I understand having all the girls stand together united, but seeing Saten with a bat and Uhiharu controlling cleaner robots on the front lines prevents me from taking it seriously.

As others have said, then to amass 20000 robots, but couldn't give them any real firepower.
The stand with your friend speech is nice, I just wish it was attached to a more competent plot.

Rant over. I'm glad there are people who are really enjoying this arc, but I am glad we only have one more episode to go.
Old 2013-09-22, 17:03   Link #53
Jan-Poo
別にいいけど

Quote:
Originally Posted by eavein18 View Post
plot.armor
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kyral View Post
Yeah... but mainly this... because reasons.
I think the real issue is that she was still conscious after the injection and for that long time.

I mean they could have just make her loose consciousness as everyone would have expected and not create any problem. But... yeah... plot reasons...

Jan-Poo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-09-22, 18:35   Link #54
Shinhwa
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by RPG_Fanatic View Post
I understand what this arc is trying to show and the issues it is raising, but it has been presented in such an unpolished I just can't care about what is happening. I just want it to end at this point so we can move on the Index III and Railgun III with canon arcs and hopefully more polish like the Sister's arc.

The villains are just so bad, both in terms of presence, their evil plan, their motivation, and just being really incompetent at times. I understand having all the girls stand together united, but seeing Saten with a bat and Uhiharu controlling cleaner robots on the front lines prevents me from taking it seriously.

As others have said, then to amass 20000 robots, but couldn't give them any real firepower.
The stand with your friend speech is nice, I just wish it was attached to a more competent plot.

Rant over. I'm glad there are people who are really enjoying this arc, but I am glad we only have one more episode to go.
And I hate how Mikoto got owned by such people >:T
Shinhwa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-09-22, 18:59   Link #55
Miraluka
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shinhwa View Post
And I hate how Mikoto got owned by such people >:T
BS. She owned herself.
Miraluka is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-09-22, 19:01   Link #56
Haak
Me, An Intellectual

No, they pretty much owned her.
Old 2013-09-22, 19:25   Link #57
Birdway
Banned

Plot induced stupidity + plot armor issues.

All from a badly written/adapted story arc where your main antagonists are the laughing stock on boards and on this forum...
Birdway is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-09-22, 19:41   Link #58
Shinhwa
Banned

Did Kamachi really write the script for the Febli arc...? @___@;
Shinhwa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-09-22, 19:49   Link #59
Ilidsor
Angelerator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shinhwa View Post
Did Kamachi really write the script for the Febli arc...? @___@;
I'm guessing he said "Okay there's this group called STUDY and they have this really cool plan to [insert major plot details too]" And then the Railgun crew said "okay so let's focus almost entirely on the SoL to the point we spend no attention on making the villains threatening, and let's change details so the other girls can be a big part and ignore all the obvious plot holes that causes. "

Honestly I would have been fine with them making the other girls part of the focus if they hadn't done it in such an awful way.
Old 2013-09-22, 20:05   Link #60
Haak
Me, An Intellectual

As if this is any different to the main show...