AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Reviews & Recommendations

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 2007-06-28, 00:03   Link #1
Jsamano

Anime after Death Note?

Well with Death Note over and behind us all I'll need a new replacement anime. Hopefully somthing similar in terms of suspence. Death Note definetly was the bright points of some depressing weeks I've had these past months. I would say to myself, "at least Death Note is comming out tomorrow." Anything else able to give off that effect on any of you? Please share.
Old 2007-06-28, 00:29   Link #2
silverwolf
1 shot 1 kill

I got a perfect anime in mind for u "Code Geass Hangyaku no Lelouch" thats the 1 ,thats in my opinion, its the closest . there both master minds at what thay do, thay both have powers and thay started as normal school students . theirs only 2 things that are different : in this anime the main character is on the good side...hes not realy the good guy type tho... and thay fight with mechs sumtimes :P

A man needs sum thing to satisfied his soul...booze...no not booze ,Love no mater how old he gets,man lives his life in love with love regardless of what reality has to say on the matter.
Old 2007-06-28, 02:49   Link #3
RecurringNightmare
The Darkness In Your Mind

Send a message via MSN to RecurringNightmare
Quote:
Originally Posted by silverwolf View Post
I got a perfect anime in mind for u "Code Geass Hangyaku no Lelouch" thats the 1 ,thats in my opinion, its the closest . there both master minds at what thay do, thay both have powers and thay started as normal school students . theirs only 2 things that are different : in this anime the main character is on the good side...hes not realy the good guy type tho... and thay fight with mechs sumtimes :P
I second Code Geass, especially if you're wanting longevity from your anime. It's a great series, it's getting a second season, and the creators like to stretch single seasons out pretty far (You'll get it once you get to episode 23 and start looking for 24. ).

You mentioned that Death Note helped brighten gloomy weeks, and I think that Geass does that even better. The atmosphere in the anime is just less... depressing. +The main character has a kick ass evil laugh, which will brighten your day no matter what.
Old 2007-06-28, 09:44   Link #4
Super Ska Master

Give Paranoia Agent a try. It is a lot weirder though. You could also give MPD Psycho a try. It is not an anime though, only a manga. There is a 6 episode mini series that I have not seen. MPD Psycho has art very similar to Obata's. But be warned, it is very gruesome and not for the faint of heart.
Old 2007-06-28, 12:21   Link #5
G. Zeus
Cafe Alpha customer

Send a message via Yahoo to G. Zeus
Quote:
Originally Posted by Super Ska Master View Post
You could also give MPD Psycho a try. It is not an anime though, only a manga. There is a 6 episode mini series that I have not seen. MPD Psycho has art very similar to Obata's. But be warned, it is very gruesome and not for the faint of heart.
Seconded. Trying to figure out the mind of a sane person isn't that complicated compared to predicting the actions of a psychopathic serial killer, that's why Amamiya/Nishizono is above L and Light in my books. Besides that, Nishizono can dish out pain and death personally without resorting to notebooks.

Yokohama Kaidashi Kikou
<º))))><.¸.•´¯`•.¸reviews¸.•´¯`•.¸links¸.•´¯`•.¸.><((((º>
Old 2007-06-29, 13:02   Link #6
cheez rocks
Junior Otaku

Quote:
Originally Posted by silverwolf View Post
I also recommend Code Geass, although I have to disagree with Silverwolf. The main character isn't the good guy, you have to decide whether he is good or not on your own.
Old 2007-06-29, 16:12   Link #7
silverwolf
1 shot 1 kill

Quote:
Originally Posted by cheez rocks View Post
I also recommend Code Geass, although I have to disagree with Silverwolf. The main character isn't the good guy, you have to decide whether he is good or not on your own.
in my original post > "hes not realy the good guy type tho" ... cough cough

sacrificing the few to save the many might not b the good guy type but its morally correct.

A man needs sum thing to satisfied his soul...booze...no not booze ,Love no mater how old he gets,man lives his life in love with love regardless of what reality has to say on the matter.
Old 2007-06-29, 16:58   Link #8
UPR

might want to give Ghost Hunt a try
Old 2007-06-29, 19:57   Link #9
Furuno
Fuwaaa~~~
*IT Support

Send a message via Yahoo to Furuno
How about Darker than Black? I guess it's worth trying.

Check my Blog / Thread / Twitter for some random stuffs...
Old 2007-06-30, 16:58   Link #10
Psychotic_Virtue

Genshiken

P.V.
Old 2008-09-07, 20:54   Link #11
Levistus
Cult

Send a message via AIM to Levistus
I feel ya

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jsamano View Post
Well with Death Note over and behind us all I'll need a new replacement anime. Hopefully somthing similar in terms of suspence. Death Note definetly was the bright points of some depressing weeks I've had these past months. I would say to myself, "at least Death Note is comming out tomorrow." Anything else able to give off that effect on any of you? Please share.
I too suffer death note depression. Yes, no longer having something to look forward to is one, the series was an absolute masterpiece and i have no idea if any anime will be able to top it. However:

Spoiler for Death Note:
Old 2008-09-07, 23:10   Link #12
kk2extreme
Your wife is hot...

if u are a deep guy/gal, try monster, the plot is way deeper than death note, and could be thrilling if u understand the plot.

if not, the animes suggested above are good fits, gundam 00 (second season is coming very soon ) is also very good and has quite a bit of suspences to it.
Old 2008-09-08, 03:45   Link #13
Zenemis
Megabuddy
*IT Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by Psychotic_Virtue View Post
Genshiken

P.V.
What? Genshiken isn't even close to Death Note in any way.

I'll recommend Code Geass as well.
Old 2008-09-09, 23:13   Link #14
Hari Michiru
Insane Fangirl
*Author

As everyone has said before: Code Geass. And maybe Neon Genesis Evangelion just because it's mind screw too (in a sadist way though).

In terms of mind screw:
Code Geass > Death Note though.

Anime-Planet.com - anime | manga | reviews
Old 2008-09-10, 03:00   Link #15
SNT
Special

I also recommend Code Geass , even if it has already been mentioned numerous times, btw u can't speak about good and evil when u speak about Lulu, its all about his desires, some may benefit the world, some are for his own purposes... so "evil&good are just 2 faces of the same card", as Charles says in the anime...I would also recommend u Higurashi, I also liked DN very much and I'm sure u'll enjoy this one as well.
Old 2008-09-10, 19:12   Link #16
AceD
See You En' Tee

Quote:
Originally Posted by Furuno View Post
How about Darker than Black? I guess it's worth trying.
this is a great program

though i really dont think theres anything of deathnotes genre that can match the first 14 or so eps
Old 2008-09-11, 13:16   Link #17
Mystic Wind

I would also suggest Monster if you have yet to see that, it's pretty good kind of slow in the beginning though.
Old 2008-09-12, 14:24   Link #18
tetsuo
In Classic Form

You might also wanna try out Pumkin Sissciors, just cause its pretty good, and it does keep an air of mystery about.
Old 2008-09-14, 03:14   Link #19
lubczyk

Well, if you want mind-warping anime than you could try:

- Serial Experiment Lain
- Texhnolyze
- Speed Grapher
- When They Cry 1 and 2 (Higurashi)

Those are the found I can only think off the top of my head.
Old 2009-06-11, 15:46   Link #20
lovelightx

at the risk of sounding totally ignorant, could anyone give fill me in on the Code Geass Britannia VS 11 situation, dont really understand?
Closed Thread