AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired M-Z > Umineko

Notices

Old 2012-02-06, 23:55   Link #401
immblueversion

Quote:
Originally Posted by Captain Bluebeard View Post
Maybe it's due to the first person narration. Many visual novels do not voice the lines spoken by the character whose eyes we are perceiving the story through.
First person narration scenes have no quotation marks. How often does Yasu speak with quotation marks in this game?

However, I noticed some lines that normally would have no quotation around them (at least in the original VN) are voiced, if the voice patch being made for the games is to be trusted.

I just know what you should be doing.
immblueversion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-02-07, 09:05   Link #402
Captain Bluebeard
Detective, Witch, Pirate.

Quote:
Originally Posted by immblueversion View Post
First person narration scenes have no quotation marks. How often does Yasu speak with quotation marks in this game?

However, I noticed some lines that normally would have no quotation around them (at least in the original VN) are voiced, if the voice patch being made for the games is to be trusted.
I wasn't talking about the lines with no quation marks and their thoughts, I was talking about actual dialogue of the main character being left unvoiced. It happens in a lot of visual novels. Though since they did voice Battler's lines in the first Eps, I think leaving Yasu unvoiced seems a bit off.

It's tough to be blue...
Captain Bluebeard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-02-08, 13:07   Link #403
Witch of Uncertainty

Anyone knows how poorly/well this game sold btw?
Witch of Uncertainty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-02-08, 13:13   Link #404
Klashikari
阿賀野型3番艦、矢矧 Lv180
*Graphic Designer

Up to now, Nocturne was sold approximately around 18K copies (17700 within 7 weeks), which is almost as much as Rondo (except Rondo had a better start and died off quickly, while Nocturne isn't at its tenth week yet).

Simply put, Nocturne sparked a little more interest, but hardly enough to call it a fair sale figure.
Old 2012-02-08, 13:37   Link #405
Witch of Uncertainty

Aah, thanks.
I always thought that 10K copies was considered "good" for Visual Novels.
Guess I was wrong. :P
Old 2012-02-08, 13:55   Link #406
Klashikari
阿賀野型3番艦、矢矧 Lv180
*Graphic Designer

Depends of the plateform and company.
Console games are not profitable with such measely sale figures. Even games ported to death like Clannad managed to sell for 30K copies.
This is also the reason why Alchemist port umineko on PSP, which indicates clearly they are desperate to make the cash flow in (that and the 2 editions (limited and bundle pack) for Nocturne, in addition to the regular version).
Old 2012-02-12, 05:58   Link #407
Witch of Uncertainty

Hmm, this might come a bit late, but isn't it pretty much confirmed that Bernkastel is Frederica Bernkastel from higurashi?
I'm reading through ep 5, and I just come to the Genji-crime scene, and I see the duct tape is signed with "Frederica Bernkastel".

Not important, but interesitng, imo.
Old 2012-02-12, 06:57   Link #408
battle22

As much as I hate to say it... Alchemist didn't do a good job with EP5 Secret Teaparty. Those slow effects just ruined it.

Last edited by battle22; 2014-02-25 at 07:50.
battle22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-02-12, 07:02   Link #409
RedKey
天界の異端審問官

Quote:
Originally Posted by battle22 View Post
As much as i hate to say it,,, alchemist didnt do a god job with EP5 ???? . those effects just ruined it .
Are you talking about the fight scenes? Yeah, same for me. It's the only complaint I have as of now.
RedKey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-02-12, 07:14   Link #410
battle22

Quote:
Originally Posted by RedKey View Post
Are you talking about the fight scenes? Yeah, same for me. It's the only complaint I have as of now.
Yup. I also think Yukari Tamura was over acting. Her laughs were not as good as I thought they would me. On the other hand, Lambdadelta was awesome.

Last edited by battle22; 2014-02-25 at 07:51.
Old 2012-02-12, 07:16   Link #411
Klashikari
阿賀野型3番艦、矢矧 Lv180
*Graphic Designer

For some reasons, the sound director made Tamura going hysterical/shocked for mundane things, which Bern wouldn't do. This goes worse over the episodes.
In fact, the tone and the voice acting in uminko PS3 is straight average compared to what these voice actors can really do.
Old 2012-02-12, 08:22   Link #412
battle22

Quote:
Originally Posted by Klashikari View Post
For some reasons, the sound director made Tamura going hysterical/shocked for mundane things, which Bern wouldn't do. This goes worse over the episodes.
In fact, the tone and the voice acting in uminko PS3 is straight average compared to what these voice actors can really do.
Really? I actually thought the opposite...

We have such an all-star cast and I think overall they all did a wonderful job at it.

Last edited by battle22; 2014-02-25 at 07:53.
Old 2012-02-12, 11:15   Link #413
GAtakito

Hi!
Does anyone here know where I can download the sistem picture packaged from Umineko Chiru PS3 ??? I heard something about Slowpoke, but as much as I type it on google I got a pokemon pic :!
GAtakito is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-02-12, 15:31   Link #414
Captain Bluebeard
Detective, Witch, Pirate.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Witch of Uncertainty View Post
Hmm, this might come a bit late, but isn't it pretty much confirmed that Bernkastel is Frederica Bernkastel from higurashi?
I'm reading through ep 5, and I just come to the Genji-crime scene, and I see the duct tape is signed with "Frederica Bernkastel".

Not important, but interesitng, imo.
I think I've read in some interview that Ryukishi07 said Bernkastel and Frederica Bernkastel are different people...but I'm really not sure I'm not just making this up. The way I've always seen it is that Frederica(FurudeRika) Bernkastel is the main character of HigurashiKAI, and then in Rei they get separated from one another. And that's where Bern comes from.

It's tough to be blue...
Captain Bluebeard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-02-12, 16:35   Link #415
Witch of Uncertainty

Quote:
Originally Posted by Captain Bluebeard View Post
I think I've read in some interview that Ryukishi07 said Bernkastel and Frederica Bernkastel are different people...but I'm really not sure I'm not just making this up. The way I've always seen it is that Frederica(FurudeRika) Bernkastel is the main character of HigurashiKAI, and then in Rei they get separated from one another. And that's where Bern comes from.
I know Rika and Bernkastel are different beings, but I always believed that Bernkastel and Frederica Bernkastel were the same entity. And since the duct-tape is signed with "Frederica Bernkastel", I'm pretty sure that is the case.

I have never heard him confirmeing that Bern and Frederica Bern are different from each other, though I must also admit that I am not exactly updated on the his interviews. :P

EDIT: I'm pretty sure Frederica was always split from Rika. When you complete Higurashi Kai, it ends with her telling us how she wants to experiment with the kakera's. What I think happened in Rei (only watched the anime) was Rika almost Merging with Frederica, instead of them splitting up.
Old 2012-02-12, 16:57   Link #416
Oroboro
Endless Sorceror

I've always operated under the theory that Bernkastel is sort of a hate filled amalgamation of all the Rika's that never reached a happy ending.
Oroboro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-02-12, 17:17   Link #417
Klashikari
阿賀野型3番艦、矢矧 Lv180
*Graphic Designer

There are "2" layers of Bernkastel: the being who is the spectator of "rika" struggle, in the sea of fragments (the narrator in the sea of fragments explaining the rules in minagoroshi) and frederica who is the fused consciousness of all Rika who has perished and struggle in each world.
Whereas Frederica stopped the whole witch act in Saikoroshi in order to live as human, Bern drifted in the sea of fragments.

The mention of "back I was human" in Episode 2 is a reference to Bern "still" Frederica before being split for good. The whole "frederica bernkastel" would be a reference to Bern's "human piece" which was Frederica, and now Erika.
Old 2012-02-12, 19:19   Link #418
Oblivion

How did Bern come into existence? Did it happen at the moment right after the original Rika was killed for the first time or did she gradually come into existence?
Oblivion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-02-12, 20:56   Link #419
MainCharacter
All Evils of the World

After awhile I stopped thinking of the Bern we know in Umineko as having any real connection to Higurashi aside from references. Mostly because once the whole "Featherine's miko" and "she was a cat that had to walk on a keyboard for eternity until she coincidentally typed this entire thing" things came into play, it was hard for to make it fit in my mind. Although I suppose the latter could be considered a vague metaphor for Higurashi in a way, I don't really see much of a connection. Unless Bern as we know her came before Rika and Higurashi really was always just a game for those on a higher plane of existence, as opposed to the origin of the characters like we assumed in early Umineko episodes.
MainCharacter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-02-14, 16:28   Link #420
Mormel

Since this apparently the right thread I'm gonna ask here:
What are the differences between the PC and PS3 versions? What are the Pros and Cons of either port? Please share your personal opinion on the changes.

What I read in this thread so far and gathered from who knows where:

Differences that can be either good or bad:
-PS3 has voice acting
-the art style is certainly different
-PS3 has cinematic effects which makes the book more lively
-PS3 has CGs
-PS3 has revised music

Pro PC:
-Is the way it was meant to be (or not due lack of funds?)
-leaves more room for imagination (and has therefore more impact on the reader?)

Pro PS3:
-Has Full HD resolution
(-Dolby Digital?)

Please add,correct and confirm things

Some things I am particular interested in:
Spoiler for Episode 7 TeaParty:

And something I already added with a question mark above. Of course this is all terribly subjective....Does the book with a more cinematic appearance and CGs leave less of an impact on the reader?

So please help and excuse this long post, but I think that clarification would be really beneficial for not only me ^^

Last edited by Mormel; 2012-02-18 at 07:27.
Mormel is offline   Reply With Quote