Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series

Notices

Old 2018-04-13, 19:30   Link #1921
Blueknight78

Quote:
Originally Posted by Twi View Post
Mmm.... except you have to remember that:

1.) She's under the belief that she needs to kill the monsters to be human.
2.) Those were Hiro's teammates, and he would be fairly upset which she was trying to avoid since she wanted him in the Franxx with her at the time.
3.) Hiro's the one who primarily controls her when its time to pilot, meaning a good deal of those actions are his doing.

Zero Two was fine playing ball with Hiro and the others until she noticed her fangs and horns were getting longer. Then she started pushing them away again until she reached the point where she was willing to kill him to stave it off a little longer.

Let's say she went through with it. Then what? Hiro's group was probably the most accepting team she'd been put with and she was willing to throw them away to become human, sacrificing what she had now for a better future for her. It's a very human thing to do, but not everyone is going to empathize with it because everyone has their values.

Personally, I make an effort to try to understand where she's coming from so I really do feel bad for her. She was lied to that she could become human. That's her goal and she was told to kill the monsters, even if devouring as many stamen as needed to do so was needed. Society itself has screwed not only her and them... but the moment she found someone who was willing to stand up for her and partner with her despite her inhuman traits, she let her own self-loathing and desires interfere and put them above the others. It was her own decision there, and while I understand it I can't say that I approve of it or have as much respect for her as I did before because betrayal sits poorly with me in general.
is also important to remember which most of her "actions" so far where from a "desperated person" which stoped to proper rationalise since she is become more a monster and less human this also affecting her mind too as we see she become more and more reckless and monster like in the way she interact with everyone, them part of her actions while still her "mind" not of all where exactly she doing what "she want to do" and more she doing things because atm she is not the same 02 as the beginner we are getting a different 02 as she keep changing and leting it affect her mindset.
Old 2018-04-13, 19:54   Link #1922
Twi

@ Haak
Like you say, they're not mutually exclusive. I'm just pointing out, there's more than one perspective you can take on her actions.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blueknight78 View Post
is also important to remember which most of her "actions" so far where from a "desperated person" which stoped to proper rationalise since she is become more a monster and less human this also affecting her mind too as we see she become more and more reckless and monster like in the way she interact with everyone, them part of her actions while still her "mind" not of all where exactly she doing what "she want to do" and more she doing things because atm she is not the same 02 as the beginner we are getting a different 02 as she keep changing and leting it affect her mindset.

I took that into account, but I don't think it was the transformation causing her temper to flare, but rather than her own feelings in regards to the change. It'd be one thing if the transformation itself caused her mental state to deteriorate, which would be beyond her control, but as far as I can tell it was because she was becoming less human than she wanted she became more agitated and reckless.

In which case, rational or not, it's still a decision she consciously made that could have resulted in a death other consequences. What if one of the kids died because of her recklessness? There would really be no coming back from that.

It'd be Valvrave and Shouko all over again for me.
Old 2018-04-13, 20:15   Link #1923
Blueknight78

Quote:
@ Haak
Like you say, they're not mutually exclusive. I'm just pointing out, there's more than one perspective you can take on her actions.

I took that into account, but I don't think it was the transformation causing her temper to flare, but rather than her own feelings in regards to the change. It'd be one thing if the transformation itself caused her mental state to deteriorate, which would be beyond her control, but as far as I can tell it was because she was becoming less human than she wanted she became more agitated and reckless.

In which case, rational or not, it's still a decision she consciously made that could have resulted in a death other consequences. What if one of the kids died because of her recklessness? There would really be no coming back from that.

It'd be Valvrave and Shouko all over again for me.
i can say it "both" the more she get worried about turning in a monster more she ending turning herself into it in her mindset, as you could see in the moment she "calmed down" in the end of episode it looked like she recovered a little but the mental streess or turning in a monster still there as she keep hurting herself in her fingers as we see, "we already see which she is physically hurting herself into a atempt of stop her transformation, it's really clear which she is not acting as "she aways act" the streess and the transformation is affecting her in the same way which things like TPM can change a woman, the point is which whanever is happening with her is making her do things which normally she is not supposed to be doing and be more reckless than her "normal".

The point is which currently she is not in her "normal" states as long she keep acting like that and she need something to bring her back to her sense.
Old 2018-04-13, 20:37   Link #1924
Twi

But that's still a decision she was actively making and one she didn't talk to anyone about it. She had a willing partner who was opened to listening to her and she didn't bother telling him about her problems. She didn't even make the effort to, even when what she was doing clearly wasn't working leading to two people to get hurt.

And technically, if TPM is something like PMS, that causes a chemical imbalance and hormonal imbalance which accounts for the shifts in emotions and everything else. That would fall into something beyond her control, but unless they state that's the case then its not due to her physiology but her perception of it.
Old 2018-04-13, 20:49   Link #1925
Blueknight78

Quote:
But that's still a decision she was actively making and one she didn't talk to anyone about it. She had a willing partner who was opened to listening to her and she didn't bother telling him about her problems. She didn't even make the effort to, even when what she was doing clearly wasn't working leading to two people to get hurt.

And technically, if TPM is something like PMS, that causes a chemical imbalance and hormonal imbalance which accounts for the shifts in emotions and everything else. That would fall into something beyond her control, but unless they state that's the case then its not due to her physiology but her perception of it.
since most of this anime is about "making paralel to real world" and love and emotions and bla bla bla then i can see her situation being like a TPM since many womans act in a way "like that' being reckless and not consider others peoples around her during that times, in the same way we have "some puberty" paralels, then that could be her "TPM".
Old 2018-04-13, 21:19   Link #1926
Twi

I need some hard evidence or someone openly mentioning it. The puberty excuse had the kid's minders bringing it up along with protocol to deal with it, which was a red flag in itself.
Old 2018-04-13, 21:35   Link #1927
Blueknight78

Quote:
I need some hard evidence or someone openly mentioning it. The puberty excuse had the kid's minders bringing it up along with protocol to deal with it, which was a red flag in itself.
and how exactly her currently state is not a "hard evidence"??? i already saw a lot of tpm from friends womans and family and i really can see it on 02 behaviour too(ven being very agressive) if the adults speaking is a "evidence" then they made clear which her turning in a monster was turning her unstable and it could start to affect hiro too.
Old 2018-04-13, 21:37   Link #1928
Twi

Because her mental state isn't the question. We've covered that. The cause of it is. There are plenty of reasons that people can act desperate and irrational and aggressive, you're relating it to something that's actively causes changes in her body beyond her control, whereas I'm working under the assumption that she's acting because she doesn't like what's happening to her body. Because its a fictional work, we have to rely on what the show tells us, and just like you see it and relate it to something you've personally experienced, I'm going off things I've seen and her behavior from my perspective. It's not clear-cut, which is why I'm asking for evidence that I have to have the show itself provide because I can't just ask the creators or Zero Two.
Old 2018-04-13, 21:40   Link #1929
Blueknight78

Quote:
Because her mental state isn't the question. We've covered that. The cause of it is.
and the cause if it is her "monster transformation mixed with all the emotion crap she had in the past and how they are using that as a way to show a "tpm.
Old 2018-04-13, 21:54   Link #1930
Twi

That might be how you see it because, as you stated, you've seen it in your own life several times. But, again, its not how I see it so I'm asking for some in-show evidence to prove it. A screen shot of them talking or some data flashing on the screen. I'm willing to accept it if you can show me proof that her acting irrationally is due to some change in her physiology forcing it upon her (i.e. her brain is devolving) and not the fact that she doesn't like what's happening to her (i.e. she doesn't like being different because she believes it means she can't be with her Darling).

To me, one makes her a victim of the change, rather than the other being her own decision because she wants to hold onto her visage of being human. If you can't find something, then that's fine too. Everyone is entitled to their own perception of how the scene is being displayed and you've given a reason for it. It just won't change mine.
Old 2018-04-13, 22:10   Link #1931
Blueknight78

Quote:
That might be how you see it because, as you stated, you've seen it in your own life several times. But, again, its not how I see it so I'm asking for some in-show evidence to prove it. A screen shot of them talking or some data flashing on the screen. I'm willing to accept it if you can show me proof that her acting irrationally is due to some change in her physiology forcing it upon her (i.e. her brain is devolving) and not the fact that she doesn't like what's happening to her (i.e. she doesn't like being different because she believes it means she can't be with her Darling).

To me, one makes her a victim of the change, rather than the other being her own decision because she wants to hold onto her visage of being human. If you can't find something, then that's fine too. Everyone is entitled to their own perception of how the scene is being displayed and you've given a reason for it. It just won't change mine.
i'm not trying to change anything i'm only point how i get it, because as you told and the anime is being many scenes are subtetly and for peoples take they own conclusions with all paralels the only real solid info they give was just puberty everything else so far was about "interpretation"(i'm not talking about the obvious situation like they past as rat labs), but things like maybe mitsuru being "gay" over hiro, his old partner girl also maybe being lesbian also some paralels which the guy in the you tube video showed, this anime have a lot of things which are more like paralels to real life than just "anime troops" or just the anime plot.

So far this anime is being about "what means to grow and be a adult and a human not really about "mechas battle monsters" as normally this sort of serie is.

So far for me 02 situation is direct related to her trauma+transformation which is a paralel to a girl having her "first" TPM
Old 2018-04-13, 22:13   Link #1932
Top Sergeant

Redeeming Qualities for 02 (someone was asking):

-She does not slander- She does not engage gossip spreading rumors and half-truths about others, and nearly every other Franxx pilot who has speaking lines in this series does gossip

-She is Honest-She hasn't lied to the best of my knowledge

-She is long suffering- She suffers through and enduring all the rejection, isolation, combat and torture to keep on living in the hope of meeting the one single person with whom which she believes she can live accepted for who and what she is, her true Darling.
Old 2018-04-14, 01:15   Link #1933
orion
Waiting for more taiyuki!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Top Sergeant View Post

-She does not slander- She does not engage gossip spreading rumors and half-truths about others, and nearly every other Franxx pilot who has speaking lines in this series does gossip

-She is long suffering- She suffers through and enduring all the rejection, isolation, combat and torture to keep on living in the hope of meeting the one single person with whom which she believes she can live accepted for who and what she is, her true Darling.
But...that is partially based on a fairy tale that she read which makes her "naive".
I wouldn't be surprised if Dr. Franxx had that fairy tale made as a way to control his humanoid klaxasaurs.
Old 2018-04-14, 06:33   Link #1934
Dengar
Kamen Rider Muppeteer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Top Sergeant View Post

I don't really see any of those things as qualities. Not even honesty. Not that it's bad to be honest, mind you. But nobody should be receiving gold stars for doing a thing every human being should be doing anyway.
Dengar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2018-04-14, 07:09   Link #1935
PGilis
B-Gamer and anime otaku

Send a message via Yahoo to PGilis
Here is a short video i found what tries to explain Zero-Two aggressive behavior.

YouTube
Sorry; dynamic content not loaded. Reload?
PGilis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2018-04-14, 07:12   Link #1936
James Rye

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mistyclear View Post
^I don’t think that’s going to happen... at least in concerns with the drama.
I want more Goro time than Ichigo time....
That makes us two already. I hope next episode won't be too crushing for Goro. :/
Old 2018-04-14, 08:05   Link #1937
Twi

Quote:
Originally Posted by PGilis View Post
Here is a short video i found what tries to explain Zero-Two aggressive behavior.

YouTube
Sorry; dynamic content not loaded. Reload?
It's a sound theory, though it doesn't paint a pretty picture for her around midway when he points out the moment when she decides he'll just be another Stamen to her. That was a conscious decision on her part.
Old 2018-04-14, 08:44   Link #1938
frubam
simp for Lyria

Send a message via AIM to frubam
Can I expect a recap episode today?

frubam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2018-04-14, 08:58   Link #1939
RDNexus

Nope, it's a proper episode...and that's it should always be
RDNexus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2018-04-14, 08:58   Link #1940
Twi