AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Current Series > One Piece

Notices

Old 2018-06-28, 00:17   Link #1
marvelB

One Piece - Chapter 909 [manga]

Welcome to the weekly manga discussion thread for One Piece.

Thread GuidelineBriefs
  • One Piece is licensed by Viz, please don't ask for or mention where to find or download the manga.
  • Please do not discuss scanlations, translation groups, etc., etc.
  • Raw requests and offers are not permitted anywhere on this forum.
  • Discuss your expectations of the chapter if it has not been published yet.
  • Posting a synopses or summary is fine (and welcome).
  • Be polite to your fellow forum members.
  • Please try to keep the discussion on topic.
  • Spoilers will not be policed in this thread, so if you haven't read the chapter yet, just stay out if you don't want to read spoilers.
Remember that the manga is licensed, do not post significant parts of the chapter. This includes images, scripts and direct translations of the manga. Summaries are OK, crops of pictures are OK (only if you need to illustrate your point) but this is it.

Break's over! Credit goes to various sources at AP (Redon, YonkouProductions, etc.):

-Chapter title is "Seppuku". Ministory involves Orlumbus going on his first pirating campaign.

-The chapter begins with an update on the group of minks led by Nekomamushi. At an island someplace in the New World, the boss cat finally meets with the man leading the Whitebeard remnants, Marco the Phoenix! Marco has been working as a doctor in a small village, which was originally founded by Whitebeard. In fact, this island was the deceased emperor's homeland! In the past, it was an impoverished country that was unable to afford to join the WG, so it eventually fell into ruin as pirates invaded the place. The constant attacks led to many children becoming orphaned.... the younger WB being among them.

-Years later, after becoming a powerful pirate himself, WB secretly supported his home country by sending money there from time to time. But of course, the emperor met his end at the Paramount War. After WB's death, Marco led the rest of his men to face off against Blackbeard in the Payback War, but unfortunately, they stood no chance against the newly arisen emperor, and ended up suffering defeat themselves. Furthermore, they were robbed of all their possessions, so the only thing they had left..... was that small village supported by WB's funds, which they consider to be the old man's keepsake. In fact, Shanks built WB's grave right outside that village. However, Marco is concerned that the flames of war will once again spread to that village, as Edward Weevil is targeting those who are connected to Whitebeard. He'll surely come to this village next, as Weevil (or probably more accurately, his mother) is after WB's inheritance. Apparently, Ms. Bakkin (the mother) really did have a history with WB after all, as she visited WB's ship 40 years ago......

-Meanwhile, we cut to.... THE WANO COUNTRY!!! We see the second half of the Straw-Hat crew, who are all wearing disguises courtesy of Kinemon! Franky is a carpenter, Usopp a merchant, and Robin a geisha, while Zoro is masquerading as a ronin. We learn that the name of the shogun is Kurozumi Orochi, and he and his subordinates are all working under Kaidou, who act as the Yonkou's eyes and ears. So until it's time to fight, everyone must stay incognito..... that is, until Zoro gets caught up in a certain incident.

-The swordsman is captured by a magistrate who accuses him of being a murderer, and wants him to commit seppuku as punishment! Apparently, the "evidence" lies in the sword Shuusui, which was stolen along with samurai Ryuma's corpse 23 years ago! Of course, Zoro isn't fooled.... he realizes that the magistrate is framing him because he wants that sword for himself! He also figures that the magistrate himself committed the murders he's accusing Zoro of! Just when he's given a knife to kill himself with, Zoro cuts down the magistrate with it instead, apologizing to Kinemon for blowing his own cover.....!!!!

Yep, that's right folks..... The Wano arc has officially begun!

Last edited by marvelB; 2018-06-29 at 03:40.
marvelB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2018-06-28, 00:24   Link #2
foxbox360
New Age Badass

Just as the Reverie was getting good.
Old 2018-06-28, 00:56   Link #3
Diluc
Darkhero of Monstadt

What!! Come on Oda we just getting into the good part.
Diluc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2018-06-28, 03:46   Link #4
Ramero
7th Order Knight / Hermit

Orochi.. The shogun must be related to a Hydra or snakes. Makes me think about Warriors Orochi.

Still, this is interesting to see how Zoro are be able to hold the rights of Shuusui at Wano.
Ramero is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2018-06-28, 12:14   Link #5
Kanon
Kana Hanazawa ♥

The reverie ended up being shorter than I thought. I suppose there might still be a chance we'll go back to it instead of just finding out about the events that went down there through the strawhats reading the papers.

Anyway, been waiting for the Wano arc so I can't say I'm disappointed it's finally started. I hope we will finally get to see Zoro struggle a bit in this arc. The new world has been a cakewalk for him!

The first half focusing on Marco was interesting. I'm afraid he's going to job against Weevil... I'd love to be wrong, because he deserves a win after all he's been through.
Old 2018-06-28, 13:55   Link #6
khoa1708
www.kh0a.net

zoro will beat kaido offscreen
Old 2018-06-28, 14:44   Link #7
necrolyte

^Just imagine how epic this would be
necrolyte is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2018-06-28, 17:47   Link #8
Kanon
Kana Hanazawa ♥

How long has it been since we last saw Zoro and the others? It feels like ages.
Old 2018-06-29, 00:53   Link #9
Rainbowman

I guess Reverie was not as important as we thought it was. 😑
Rainbowman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2018-06-29, 01:07   Link #10
~Yami~
a random Indonesian otaku

Robin is so beautiful in this chapter
Zoro ruined the party.. it's not something new

just when I started to like the Reverie arc, they switched it with something else
I don't know what is the impact about revealing Marco.. Marco seems retired already
~Yami~ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2018-06-29, 03:22   Link #11
rladls2121

Robin? How? Just what happened?
The manga finally caught up with the anime.
Expecting some fillers now.
So this is the Grand Jipangu.
rladls2121 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2018-06-29, 03:50   Link #12
marvelB

Yes, like many here, I also thirst for more Reverie.... but it looks like Oda's putting it on hold for now. Hopefully, we'll get an update on the situation there sooner rather than later, but at this point "sooner" will probably be a 2-year wait at the earliest, lol.

Anyway, amusing disguises Zoro's group has there! I'm assuming Law is undercover there as well, since he left with Zoro's group at Zou. Furthermore, the reminder of Ryuma's remains getting stolen makes me feel even more confident that a certain former warlord will pop up in this arc..... kishishishishi!

Oh, and I also wonder if, contrary to his badass-sounding name, the shogun turns out to be another goofy Spandam-type?
marvelB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2018-06-29, 06:51   Link #13
charasu
DigiDestinied

As expected from strawhats, never following the plans, need improvised plan A.S.A.P
----------

@^ Will hogback still in moria crew tho?
Perona still with mihawk doing farm work
Erosalom snooping around for scoop.

If he still with moria, mean another zombie army in wano? Man, talk about chaos that will happen.
Old 2018-06-29, 12:21   Link #14
Wandering Soul

Choosing to cut off the Reverie at that point is just plain cruel. Hopefully we get back to it soon.
Old 2018-06-29, 12:40   Link #15
The Small One

I kinda forgot, since it's been so long: What exactly did they contact Marco for?
The Small One is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2018-06-29, 12:42   Link #16
Kanon
Kana Hanazawa ♥

Pretty amazing what Zoro can do with a knife.

And dat Orobi.

Quote:
Originally Posted by marvelB View Post
Anyway, amusing disguises Zoro's group has there! I'm assuming Law is undercover there as well, since he left with Zoro's group at Zou. Furthermore, the reminder of Ryuma's remains getting stolen makes me feel even more confident that a certain former warlord will pop up in this arc..... kishishishishi!
Ryuma's remains were stolen 23 years ago. I see no reason for Moria to come back to Wano now, unless he sought Kaido's protection after being almost eliminated by Doflamingo.
Old 2018-06-29, 13:00   Link #17
P_Dezz

so Marco is the Toki of One Piece
P_Dezz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2018-06-29, 13:07   Link #18
P_Dezz

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Small One View Post
I kinda forgot, since it's been so long: What exactly did they contact Marco for?
help in liberating Wano. they will probably need all the help they can get and they knew he didnt have a crew to protect anymore.
P_Dezz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2018-06-29, 14:54   Link #19
Tenjo_Utena

I would be very surprised if we didn’t return to the Reverie soon. There were simply too many moving parts put into place not to have more go on there. Maybe the story will go back and forth between the two locations.

Also, didn’t Moira get killed during the Battle of Marineford?
Tenjo_Utena is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2018-06-29, 15:40   Link #20
Twi

No, Doflamingo was supposed to kill him, but Absolom managed to sneak him out with his invisibility power. Since then he's been laying low, while Absolom has been working as a freelance journalist using his fruit's power to get pictures others wouldn't.

Also, Moira hates Kaido for killing his former crew, so unless he's here to help dethrone the guy, he's probably as far away as he can get.