AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Manga

Notices

Old 2018-07-20, 18:35   Link #3701
Random14

Ah, so that's what going on. Glad they didn't drag it out, I'm sometimes amazed at the series' pace. In other series I would have expected the chapter to end with Hawks' meeting as another shocking twist. Endeavor not being able to see Dabi probably wasn't a coincidence. I'm glad Hawks isn't actually a bad guy (hopefully) but this is a very dangerous mission he's on, and he knows it. To get close to the League without endangering too many people, that's probably not going to end well.

Well, they've already gained some intel, but whether it was worth it is debatable. They know the League have even more powerful noumu in development even with All For One locked up, as well as that weird teleporting power. At least Endeavor has had a successful debut as #1. And nice to see the bunny hero join in. I wonder if Endeavor's family will visit him in the hospital.
Random14 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2018-07-20, 19:02   Link #3702
Kanon
Kana Hanazawa ♥

Ah, yes. I was surprised to see that teleportation come back given that AFO was supposed to have this quirk. Maybe AFO can choose to copy a quirk rather than stealing it from its owner?
Old 2018-07-20, 20:01   Link #3703
B214

Or he can duplicate and transfer it to others?
B214 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2018-07-20, 23:44   Link #3704
Twi

Quote:
Originally Posted by B214 View Post
Or he can duplicate and transfer it to others?
Then why not deck everyone out with them?
Old 2018-07-21, 00:16   Link #3705
Sixth
Hu Tao

Out of curiosity, do you think we will get "Alien" as the final boss just like Naruto did? In case some of you guys don't know, the final boss from Naruto is kinda from the outer space.
Sixth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2018-07-21, 09:02   Link #3706
Twi

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sixth View Post
Out of curiosity, do you think we will get "Alien" as the final boss just like Naruto did? In case some of you guys don't know, the final boss from Naruto is kinda from the outer space.
I hope not.

In other news, does the movie have a thread? I found a review for it from the Anime Pope and wanted to post it.
Old 2018-07-21, 09:21   Link #3707
Sixth
Hu Tao

Quote:
Originally Posted by Twi View Post
I hope not.

In other news, does the movie have a thread? I found a review for it from the Anime Pope and wanted to post it.
Frankly speaking, even without naruto's influence, what is a superhero movie without an alien invasion?
Old 2018-07-27, 09:08   Link #3708
marvelB

Next chapter's out!

And this is one has something I've been wanting to see for quite some time.... Endeavor confronting his family. Naturally, his sons are still not in a forgiving mood, but he still intends to atone for his past sins..... especially after seeing that one young fan of his becoming influential. And interestingly, we learn he has another, unseen son.....

Meanwhile, Deku has a dream involving the past users of OFA. And at the end, we see the original OFA wielder confronting his brother, AFO......!!!1
marvelB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2018-07-27, 09:20   Link #3709
Hakai

I'm really satisfied with how Hori is handling Todoroki family's situation. Endeavor's scar looks badass.

And damn Fuyumi looking extra thicc this chapter

The end though!! AFO looked pretty good before All Might destroyed his face
Old 2018-07-27, 09:25   Link #3710
Sixth
Hu Tao

Hahaha.

"Can't ya see-kun" became a meme in Boku no Hero manga.

So the big brother is Dabi?

Next chapter should be good. Finally, we will learn something about OFA and AFO backstory for real.
Old 2018-07-27, 09:35   Link #3711
grecefar

Indeed big brother touya might be dabi.
grecefar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2018-07-27, 10:16   Link #3712
Sixth
Hu Tao

For those who missed it, young Hawk in the flashback has Endeavor action figure. Hmmmm, he is certainly the biggest Endeavor fag in MHAverse.
Old 2018-07-27, 11:00   Link #3713
Random14

Huh, very good job with developing Endeavor. Its not like they're all hugging instantly, but he is making progress, both as a father and as the #1 hero. And I think this is the first time they've mentioned a missing Todoroki brother, huh? Looks like he's got another big family confrontation in the future. And despite Endeavor's temper he's not stupid at all. As well as seeing more of Hawks' dedication. I hope he doesn't come to a bad end, which is all too likely considering his mission.

And ooh, talk about a pivot to another major plot. So those are the previous One For All wielders (reminds me of something from The Last Airbender), going back to the original. I wonder if All Might had dreams of the past like this.
Random14 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2018-07-27, 12:24   Link #3714
Kanon
Kana Hanazawa ♥

We knew Endeavor had four children, but the missing sibling was never mentioned until now. Now we have a name and we know something bad happened to him. Anyway, really liked that family moment. The situation didn't get magically get fixed just because Endeavor changed his attitude and had an impressive showing as number 1. He has to make up for years of neglect and mistreatment, it will take time.

I can't wait for the next chapter! Finally more backstory on OFA and AFO.
Old 2018-07-27, 13:39   Link #3715
Wandering Soul

I like the way they are handling Endeavor. Just beating up a strong villain and proving himself as the new No.1 hero doesn't solve everything. His desire to claim the top spot through his son was what caused his family problems.

I also like each stance one of his kids takes makes sense. Natsuo barely interacted with him and was only exposed to his neglect and abuse towards his son and wife. Fuyumi was a surrogate mother to Shouto, so she just wants her family to be an actual family. Shouto hasn't forgiven him, but did see his resolved to being a hero they can be proud of.

Can't wait to get more backstory on AFO and OFA.
Old 2018-07-27, 20:45   Link #3716
Galaxian

Deku entering the Avatar State in his sleep

I hope we get a proper introduction for all the previous OFA users in the future.
Galaxian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2018-07-28, 00:24   Link #3717
Sixth
Hu Tao

Taken from reddit with slight modification fro me:

Quote:
Shoto : "That's a nasty scar you've got there"

Endeavor: "Well, that was a 'sick burn' there, son"

Shoto: "It was scalding. Oh well..at least I can cure my burns with Ice.”

Endeavor: "I will have your MOTHER to ease my scar then."
Old 2018-07-28, 04:28   Link #3718
Anh_Minh
I disagree with you all.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wandering Soul View Post
I like the way they are handling Endeavor. Just beating up a strong villain and proving himself as the new No.1 hero doesn't solve everything. His desire to claim the top spot through his son was what caused his family problems.
Shouto put it best. Great hero, shitty father.
Anh_Minh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2018-07-28, 04:29   Link #3719
RDNexus

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anh_Minh View Post
Shouto put it best. Great hero, shitty father.
Haven't I kinda heard that one before? In another Battle Series...
RDNexus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2018-07-30, 00:57   Link #3720
Requiem-x
The slacking one

Not going to lie, I was really afraid of how the matter with Endeavor would be handled, but in the end, the answer was thankfully the proper one. Indeed, its perfectly possible to be both praiseworthy and a total douche at the same time, but most importantly, Endeavor is very well aware of badly he messed up, and that he must do something about it.

Anyways, time to see the origin of One For All!

That sure came out of nowhere. Not that I mind knowing more about it, though

Of course, very glad to see Hawks didn't get offed so easily, and this new role of his is certainly something to look forward to.
Requiem-x is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
action, coming of age, great supporting cast, shounen, superhero, unique art/plot