Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > General Anime

Notices

Old 2007-05-03, 09:34   Link #41
Zu Ra
✖ ǝʇ ɯıqnɾl ☆

Quote:
Originally Posted by ShikaShika View Post
Seconded, if it weren't for the language problems. It'd just sound so wrong in Japanese, and I'm thinking the chances are pretty slim of hearing Tolkien's original languages either.
Yeah true Elvish spoken in LOR is made up language by J. R. R. Tolkien but they are numerous : )

Spoiler for Saving Space:
Old 2007-05-05, 01:58   Link #42
wontaek

Manga: Country of Wind (by Kim, Jin) - Great historical fantasy with many passionate human drama.
Literary Classic: The Great Expectation - If they get Stella right, this series can be incredibly mesmerizing even to almost everybody, young, old, male, or female.
Sci-Fi: David Weber's Mutineer's Moon

Finally, They need to make 52 episode series based on the story "The Two Princess" that is in the legendary manga series "The Glass Mask"
http://www.wot-club.org.uk/GlassMask/playlist.html
Old 2007-05-05, 23:15   Link #43
PEDOS_GRANDE
MHD != HD

Ace Combat 5 would have made an awesome anime.
PEDOS_GRANDE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-05-08, 04:18   Link #44
EternalDestiny

Another story that I would like to see animated would be....BATTLE ROYALE!!

Not only does it have an intriguing and original story plot, it deals with survival themes.

I know that there are already the book, manga, and live action movie versions, but they ALL have numerous differences that affect certain outcomes, so it would be interesting to see how different the anime version would be compared to its counterparts
EternalDestiny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-05-08, 19:55   Link #45
DSJFX18
Destiny

Quote:
Originally Posted by BANANABANANA View Post
oh that reminds me...i heard a rumor that Narcissu was going to be adapted to an OVA? can anyone confirm that?
I would really like to see an adaptation for Narcissu. Though if so, it would probably be an OVA or a movie... which is still plenty for me.

Unfortunately I don't think there is an OVA planned. There is a live action however but it seems to be suspended currently. Narcissu 2 is also in progress, the OP is really beautiful yet sad..
DSJFX18 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-05-10, 00:45   Link #46
BANANABANANA
got 米?
*Artist

a-ha guess i'll be checking it out when it comes out.

@topic: i'd like to see the Hardy Boys Case Files as a graphic novel or anime. i used to love those books :P (NOT the original hardy boys series.....those were just.. .)
BANANABANANA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-05-10, 03:10   Link #47
Sheba
RUN, YOU FOOLS!

Location: Formerly Iwakawa base and Chaldea. Now Teyvat, the Astral Express & the Outpost
You know, I think an anime based off the Trojan War can be epic. As long as the writers and director stays true to the myth.
Sheba is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-05-10, 10:24   Link #48
Entropy
Flame warrior

Just for the lulz...

Gaunt's Ghosts.
Entropy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-05-11, 06:29   Link #49
Reno

Send a message via MSN to Reno
Hmm.... has anyone seen the Genesis Drum Duet on Live at Wembley?

You know the part where Phil messes up his fill, then Cheaster does a better one, then Phil doesn an even more better one? My brother had an idea for an anime here.

When Cheaster deos his fill, Phil has an overly huge drop of sweat down his cheek. (You know what I mean). Then when Phil does his, Cheaster gets one of those angry-cross things on his face.
Reno is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-05-14, 18:13   Link #50
Knightmare213

Lolita, written by Russian novelist Vladimir Navokov. It is one of my favorite novels in my collection, other than Handmaid's Tale by Margaret Atwood. I'll be putting the rest of my post into a spoiler, since the plot of the novel itself may be offensive to our younger members.

Seriously, I mean that. I was 18 when I read this and it disturbed me.

Spoiler:
Knightmare213 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-05-14, 18:18   Link #51
Honey_and_Cleaver

Quote:
Originally Posted by Knightmare213 View Post
Lolita, written by Russian novelist Vladimir Navokov. It is one of my favorite novels in my collection, other than Handmaid's Tale by Margaret Atwood. I'll be putting the rest of my post into a spoiler, since the plot of the novel itself may be offensive to our younger members.

Seriously, I mean that. I was 18 when I read this and it disturbed me.

Spoiler:
What is this ****!!?? Is there such a book. OMFG!. I could say, im jealous at the idiot guy in this story. I have fallen in love with a 12 year old girl but ive never taken this sick steps to have sexual intercourse with her. Personally i have self restrain and although i regret it, but i emerged righteous in the end.

I dont think it needs to be an anime, just what loli hentai animes to get the spot in your body.
Honey_and_Cleaver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-05-14, 22:43   Link #52
Knightmare213

Quote:
Originally Posted by Honey_and_Cleaver View Post
What is this ****!!?? Is there such a book. OMFG!. I could say, im jealous at the idiot guy in this story. I have fallen in love with a 12 year old girl but ive never taken this sick steps to have sexual intercourse with her. Personally i have self restrain and although i regret it, but i emerged righteous in the end.

I dont think it needs to be an anime, just what loli hentai animes to get the spot in your body.
Spoiler for To discuss the book:
Knightmare213 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-05-17, 09:12   Link #53
Dop
Mmmm....

Let's see. An anime version of The Hitch-Hiker's Guide to the Galaxy would be interesting. It would have to go a long way to be as bad as that horrible film, they could do Zaphod's second head properly, and at least all the tea jokes would still work. Although they'd probably end up bringing Eccentrica Gallumbits into the regular cast just to have a triple-breasted character to sell figurines of.

Tanith Lee's The Silver Metal Lover would make for a great shoujo anime, I bet. It's a science fiction love story about a girl who falls in love with a robot.
Dop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-05-17, 12:29   Link #54
Happy_Vampire
Junior Vamp

I think more anime adaptations of shakespear plays would be awesome. Romeo X Juliet seems to be shaping up nicely but I think an adaptation of Macbeth would be even better .
Happy_Vampire is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-05-17, 18:41   Link #55
crystar
*yawns*

Mmm... classic novels like... Black Beauty and Little Women would be interesting. (That or I just <3 those books)
crystar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-05-17, 19:04   Link #56
Thewanderer
Hiyori Fanboy

Send a message via MSN to Thewanderer Send a message via Yahoo to Thewanderer
Back to the Future. It already has an animeish setup, as well as character archetypes that'd blend in nicely with any other anime. Also, 80s movies ftw

...at least I think so.
Old 2007-05-17, 19:20   Link #57
piccu

Interesting topic here
I'd like to see

Phoenix Wright/Gyakuten Saiban It would be so interesting to see a court room anime XD I'm wondering why there isn't an anime since the games are great and pretty popular!

Gosick(lightnovels): I thought that it was some kiddy mystery, but it's damn good!! It's so much better than Conan in my opinion since the way cases are solved is very interesting, and the characters are very deep!
The drawings in the lightnovels are very beautiful, so an anime would be really great^^
piccu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-05-18, 20:28   Link #58
mishka

-Prince of Persia would be cool to see as an anime, but that'd kindda look like disney's Aladdin! I'd still watch tho.

-Resident Evil would be a great anime. RE4 to be specific.

-Silent Hill: The Room

-Underworld would also be awsome. But I guess it'd kindda be like Blood+.
mishka is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-05-18, 22:47   Link #59
SvenTheSweeper
***** YES!! *****

The novels and life of Carlos Castaneda.

The Hindu Epics Ramayana and Mahabharata.

The life of El Cid.

Anything that would involve ancient Roman Empires.

The TV show Heroes. It’s such an obvious choice! I’d love to see Hiro, Claire, and the rest of the gang in action.

Battlestar Galactica. The Second series of courses.

Doctor Strange. My choice for a Marvel comic adaptation.

On a side note, has anyone else wondered why there doesn't seem to be an original costumed superhero manga or anime done in the style of D.C. (i.e. Justice League, Batman, Superman, Green Lantern, etc.) or Marvel (i.e. Spiderman, Fantastic Four, X-Men, etc) by the Japanese? I’ve understand that other culture and countries have created their own homegrown versions of the D.C. and Marvel type of comic superheroes. But for some reason the Japanese haven’t created something similar, I don’t mean the Japanese adaptations of Spawn, Spiderman or Witchblade. Maybe it’s out there, but I haven’t seen it yet. I think it would be cool to see what the Japanese could do with type of genre in terms of creating original anime and manga.
SvenTheSweeper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-05-19, 08:02   Link #60
crystar
*yawns*

Oh I also have to say, I just remembered! A great series of children's novels. The good ol' Redwall series by Brian Jacques. Those could make a great anime series. It could be like Juuni Kokki almost. A extremely long anime series covering each of the books which take place in different times in the history of Redwall. Where there are heroes and villians storyline, yet for some reason I still like it. (Even though it's so cliche).

The only thing that wouldn't work out is that Redwall characters are all animals. I suppose that might lose appeal if there are no bishounen or bishoujos for fans to fawn over.

I'd love to have an animated version of Redwall though. Wait, no. An anime version. Since there are animations (which I haven't seen) and being animations, do the book no justice on the violence side. We need anime for violent cartoon depictions of war and killing.
crystar is offline   Reply With Quote