AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Current Series > Gundam

Notices

Old 2012-02-09, 20:23   Link #3901
Faerie
Joseph Defense Squad

Quote:
Originally Posted by Elo the Blue View Post
So far, I've enjoyed the flashbacks and info revealed about events prior to AC 195 than the direction the characters have taken. Development/change was expected, but like SkullFaerie said, some characters have just been screwed. Still following the story though...
Same, I'm also interested in the history-bit plus I do want to see how this pans out. Although I'm kind of loosing heart a bit.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aldaeus View Post
I think that was debunked a page or two later on from that quote. I might be wrong but I'm pretty sure it was determined that there was no blood between the Peacecrafts, and the Winners.
Oh good god, thanks for clearing that up. That would've been one step too far
Faerie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-02-10, 00:54   Link #3902
Eeni

Quote:
Originally Posted by SkullFaerie View Post
No, um, I think people are reading it b/c it's a sequel, not necessarily because they want a "better" ending- the ending was fine the way it was, except for being a bit unrealistic on the whole war never happened again issue.
But that has nothing to do with why people are complaining about it. They are complaining, because it is stupidly written to the extend of bordering on insanity/ is practically pissing on the characters in some cases.
Well said Mrs. Fearie! The fact that it's a sequel isn't why people are hating, it's the content. Or as I like to explain it:

The first Batman movie in 1989 is generally looked at as AWESOME! (ok, maybe just a great movie). Batman Returns was great in it's own right, but it started to feel a little odd, different... Regardless, it is still acceptable and within the realm that was set up by the first movie (it's a sequel after all). Then came Batman Forever and Batman & Robin, two movies which literally raped the franchise. If those two movies had been made with the intention to parody the 1966 tv series, then they would have been successful. Unfortunately, they were branded as sequels to the first two, making them epic failures and a laughing stalk to this day.

Of course, this doesn't always have to happen. No body wanted another Batman movie because of what those 2 films did... No studio even wanted to touch that idea again. And then we got The Dark Knight. Suddenly, everyone is LOVING the film! Why? Because it makes sense! It's not too far-fetched and we can believe it.

We all love GundamW (as flawed as it is). We were all excited when we heard that there was going to be a sequel... and then we started to read the sequel. And then most of us started to go "WTF..?" I do agree that a lot of the pre-AC 195 stuff (as hard to swallow as it is) is pretty good, but the MC stuff is just so teenage-girlie-fanficish. It just leaves you numb after a while.

Ohh... and having a good story helps too.

P.S.
SkullFearie, I'm glad that there is someone else who thinks the same about Heero & Relena's post EW relationship. You are awesome!

I don't think I've ever seen so much nonsense in so little space. -FalsePrime

Stone Age man attempted to draw movement on cave walls by drawing mammoths with multiple legs. The artists worked until their eyes went bad, they got no pay, no credit, and they were eventually eaten by wild animals. Animation was born! - Tom Sito

And as the Black Beast lurched forward, escape for Arthur and his knights seemed hopeless, when suddenly, the animator suffered a fatal heart attack! The cartoon peril was no more. The quest for the Holy Grail could continue. - Monty Python and the Holy Grail
Eeni is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-02-10, 16:15   Link #3903
DuoRanger
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eeni View Post
Well said Mrs. Fearie! The fact that it's a sequel isn't why people are hating, it's the content. Or as I like to explain it:

The first Batman movie in 1989 is generally looked at as AWESOME! (ok, maybe just a great movie). Batman Returns was great in it's own right, but it started to feel a little odd, different... Regardless, it is still acceptable and within the realm that was set up by the first movie (it's a sequel after all). Then came Batman Forever and Batman & Robin, two movies which literally raped the franchise. If those two movies had been made with the intention to parody the 1966 tv series, then they would have been successful. Unfortunately, they were branded as sequels to the first two, making them epic failures and a laughing stalk to this day.

Of course, this doesn't always have to happen. No body wanted another Batman movie because of what those 2 films did... No studio even wanted to touch that idea again. And then we got The Dark Knight. Suddenly, everyone is LOVING the film! Why? Because it makes sense! It's not too far-fetched and we can believe it.

We all love GundamW (as flawed as it is). We were all excited when we heard that there was going to be a sequel... and then we started to read the sequel. And then most of us started to go "WTF..?" I do agree that a lot of the pre-AC 195 stuff (as hard to swallow as it is) is pretty good, but the MC stuff is just so teenage-girlie-fanficish. It just leaves you numb after a while.

Ohh... and having a good story helps too.

P.S.
SkullFearie, I'm glad that there is someone else who thinks the same about Heero & Relena's post EW relationship. You are awesome!
translating: sumizawa is learning some tricks with....... stephanie meyer

at least its good to see that someone else thinks the same thing about this entire teen-ish story in MC, instead of something more dark or closer to char's counterattack, in terms of a Mars vs Earth war
DuoRanger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-02-13, 07:10   Link #3904
susyia

what was the last chapter? 14 ? 15?
susyia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-02-18, 03:15   Link #3905
Eeni

wow... this place died. What happened?

Question: has FT mentioned mention why Hilde began to research nanotech? Or what happened to her research after her death?

Spoiler for somewhat shamefull plug-in:

Stone Age man attempted to draw movement on cave walls by drawing mammoths with multiple legs. The artists worked until their eyes went bad, they got no pay, no credit, and they were eventually eaten by wild animals. Animation was born! - Tom Sito

And as the Black Beast lurched forward, escape for Arthur and his knights seemed hopeless, when suddenly, the animator suffered a fatal heart attack! The cartoon peril was no more. The quest for the Holy Grail could continue. - Monty Python and the Holy Grail
Old 2012-02-18, 09:11   Link #3906
RRW
Unspecified
*Scanlator

i thought there is no volume/chapter for moment hence dead

RRW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-02-18, 09:49   Link #3907
Deacon Blues
Supreme Grocer
*Scanlator

Send a message via AIM to Deacon Blues Send a message via MSN to Deacon Blues
Volume 5's cover for those interested...
そして、戦っている人間が汚れて見えないのも事実だ」

So why do people fight, anyway?
Perhaps the meaning of existence lies within their will to fight.
People feel a sense of accomplishment through battle.
And it’s also a fact that the ones actually fighting are never perceived as being tainted.
Deacon Blues is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-02-18, 10:05   Link #3908
DuoRanger
Banned

Quote:
wow... this place died. What happened?

Question: has FT mentioned mention why Hilde began to research nanotech? Or what happened to her research after her death?

Spoiler for somewhat shamefull plug-in:
she was researching nanites to find out a cure for duo's rapid aging
DuoRanger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-02-18, 15:04   Link #3909
Miss Yuy

‏_‏

Quote:
Originally Posted by Deacon Blues View Post
Thank you very much ^__^ , I like the images more than the novel itself , I am waiting until all the chapters of the novel are translating to read it from the begining without misunderstanding ~_~

Oh ! I can't even differeniate between Kathrina and Sabrina *_*
Miss Yuy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-02-18, 15:15   Link #3910
Elo the Blue
Mama there goes that man!

Quote:
Wish there was a full, unblocked shot of the Tallgeese.
Old 2012-02-18, 16:37   Link #3911
IkuzeMinna
Shall we?

Quote:
Stupid question: who's who?

By the way, did anyone notice these?

Spoiler for pic #1:

Spoiler for pic #2:

I'm... not sure what the creators were trying to imply here.
IkuzeMinna is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-02-18, 18:19   Link #3912
RRW
Unspecified
*Scanlator

i thought people already notice that when they watch Wing?

Romefeller basically same as Zeon

RRW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-02-18, 20:50   Link #3913
Aldaeus

Quote:
Originally Posted by IkuzeMinna View Post
Stupid question: who's who?

By the way, did anyone notice these?

Spoiler for pic #1:

Spoiler for pic #2:

I'm... not sure what the creators were trying to imply here.
Sabrina is the one facing Katrina who is looking directly out from the cover. Its in the bangs...

Also I agree with the above statement. I would kill to get a full shot of Tallgeese in full color without it being broken up by people being in front of it...

As for the images yeah noticed it long ago with the Mariemaia soldiers and the like... Less so for Duke Dermail sporting Napoleon's threads...
Aldaeus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-02-19, 19:25   Link #3914
Kitsoru
:3c

...Haven't payed attention in awhile, but basically nothing new, huh? Still no MS references? Story still going nowhere?

Thought so.
Kitsoru is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-02-20, 21:28   Link #3915
CmmdrRosh
Gray Jedi

Has anyone else noticed a few things that are pretty similar to Metal Gear Solid 4 with Frozen Teardrop? Such as...

Relena's nanomachine hook up that is used to control the population akin to the nanomachines controlling the soldiers?

Or that Heero Yuy (the pilot) is a genetically modified human being that to be the "perfect soldier" akin to Les Enfants Terribles? (Though why they would want him to be modified to look like a politician is a question beyond me...)

Or how in the world Duo is rapidly aging like Solid Snake was?

Sigh...I guess that now all we need is Gato's Gundam Physalis then I can start shouting "METAL GEAR!!"
CmmdrRosh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-02-21, 16:21   Link #3916
Kaioshin Sama
Banned

Send a message via MSN to Kaioshin Sama
Quote:
Originally Posted by SkullFaerie View Post
In this case I have to say: Seriously, have you ever read this novel?? v_v (to be fair, you even mention you don't know what's happening right now )
Because while what you're saying usually does apply to an extend, in this case the novel actually isn't good- based on pretty much every letter printed in it ^^'' People aren't disappointed for the sake of being disappointed, but because it's i n s a n e.

@IkuzeMinna: It's always dangerous to use famous epic music ANYWHERE (famous "classic" is pushing it but possible), but arghhh in a novel. It's very 2005 bad fanfic author like. I mean, I can't think of any movie that could pull it off, let alone anime, not even to mention written works. It just screams "parody"; so the natural reaction is to crack up xD

Btw, am I reading this right, Quaterine is related to the Peacecrafts now? SIGH...
Examples are golden, they present a great path to understanding and what I was actually seeking in asking the question. As it stands I can only take peoples word for it, but yeah...an example of what people don't like about the novel would be amazing.
Kaioshin Sama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-02-21, 17:32   Link #3917
Faerie
Joseph Defense Squad

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaioshin Sama View Post
Examples are golden, they present a great path to understanding and what I was actually seeking in asking the question. As it stands I can only take peoples word for it, but yeah...an example of what people don't like about the novel would be amazing.
Well, there's so many things, you'd probably do better reading just any summary about any chapter, but I can try
Just note that this might be incoherent because almost everything in this book is, well, mad.
To sum it up, I guess you could say the problem is that this novel is taking a show that was about grapes and is making it all about apples.
The story is nothing like what GW was like, it's not about politics, or war, or even about the characters in it, despite the original cast appearing. It's about some drug, popsicled people, generation xerox, clones, and every single person acting various levels of insane.

With regards to the original cast: Relena (now conveniently sporting Zechs' mask), prettified by conveniently being popsicled while the rest of the cast aged, going seemingly lunatic, possibly villainous just to turn around and apparently be some person that must under all circumstances be killed because of some tragic incident that links her to some drug that forces people to, uh, be pacifists. Which is obviously bad. Free will and stuff. Oh and it also makes you age faster which is why poor Duo is an old fart now.

Additional cast: some X amount of Milliardos, Milliardo clones or a Milliardo imposter who is actually Noin's brother. Let's not forget that he's pretending to be his sister's husband and that he looked nothing like Milliardo apparently.

With regards to the past characters: The novel is establishing connection between pretty much every one, there are now a million people all called various versions of "Katherine", some crap about Relena's ancestors (can't remember if the twins were her mother and aunt or grandmother and great aunt ^^'') who both look exactly like her, and at least one of which was a mecha pilot: How exactly she ended up marrying a militant pacifist beats me btw.

New cast: All conveniently look like the original cast, except sometimes genderbent. Quaterine especially stands out as an example of "makes no sense at all", what with being Quatre's spare set of organs and probably somehow cloned from him when Quatre was always opposed to this kind of shit.

And don't get me started on Heero, past Heero and the other Heero (!!??) who has something to do with the Peacecraft twins.
I swear I'm not making this up

... to highlight some "gems" this novel came up with.. sigh... we all wanted to like this so badly I think, but it's hard because shit isn't making any sense.

edit: or one could just read Ikuze's summary, that was a good one

Last edited by Faerie; 2012-02-21 at 18:45.
Faerie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-02-21, 17:54   Link #3918
Rising Dragon
Goat Herder
*Author

One merely needs to refer back to Ikuze's accurate summary on the matter:

http://forums.animesuki.com/showthre...07#post3932107

For once, Kaioshin, the negativity behind this Gundam project is entirely justified.
Old 2012-02-22, 03:46   Link #3919
Eeni

Quote:
Originally Posted by DuoRanger View Post
she was researching nanites to find out a cure for duo's rapid aging
Thanks, for some reason I thought she was researching this well before Duo's travels to Mars.

I have another question that I've been mauling over for a while...

Frozen Teardrop is establishing that the Wyvern (it's a gundam, right? Epyon is a gundam and it was supposed to have been designed from the Wyvern, right?) was created/ commissioned by Heero Politician and piloted by Kathrina(?)Peacecracft... I'm assuming at this point that it was Dr. J who actually built it god know where or with what money/backing (So help me if it's the Sanc Kingdom, I will SHANK a computer!). So where does this leave the Tallgeese? It was clearly being build at around the same time that Heero Politician was murdered and that seems to be well after the Wyvern saw action. Wasn't the Tallgeese supposed to be the model that all 5 gundams where derived from, in essence it was the first "gundam". And wasn't the Tallgeese created back in the day when MSs were starting to appear in the A.C. era?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaioshin Sama View Post
Examples are plentiful, and like mentioned before, really crazy.

We have an 11 year old stealing a gundam and, having never had any training, much less touching a Mobile Suit, seems to be an ACE who can waste her enemies by playing some sort of Guitar Hero-like program in her gundam. At this point, why even bother training people to be pilots? Wait... Oud must have been younger then 11 when she first piloted a mobile suit, right?

People who have NO blood relation to one another look EXACTLY like former gundam pilots, even though the original 5 pilots all claim to not have any children of their own.

We have no idea what side the real Zechs is actually on.

Dorothy Catalonia ordered the hit on Relena for an unclear reason.

And much, MUCH more. Honestly, just skim through the whole of this thread and you'll get a pretty good idea.

Last edited by Eeni; 2012-02-22 at 04:10.
Old 2012-02-22, 06:50   Link #3920
Javiersansano

Quote:
Thanks, for some reason I thought she was researching this well before Duo's travels to Mars.

I have another question that I've been mauling over for a while...

Frozen Teardrop is establishing that the Wyvern (it's a gundam, right? Epyon is a gundam and it was supposed to have been designed from the Wyvern, right?) was created/ commissioned by Heero Politician and piloted by Kathrina(?)Peacecracft... I'm assuming at this point that it was Dr. J who actually built it god know where or with what money/backing (So help me if it's the Sanc Kingdom, I will SHANK a computer!). So where does this leave the Tallgeese? It was clearly being build at around the same time that Heero Politician was murdered and that seems to be well after the Wyvern saw action. Wasn't the Tallgeese supposed to be the model that all 5 gundams where derived from, in essence it was the first "gundam". And wasn't the Tallgeese created back in the day when MSs were starting to appear in the A.C. era?

Examples are plentiful, and like mentioned before, really crazy.

We have an 11 year old stealing a gundam and, having never had any training, much less touching a Mobile Suit, seems to be an ACE who can waste her enemies by playing some sort of Guitar Hero-like program in her gundam. At this point, why even bother training people to be pilots? Wait... Oud must have been younger then 11 when she first piloted a mobile suit, right?

People who have NO blood relation to one another look EXACTLY like former gundam pilots, even though the original 5 pilots all claim to not have any children of their own.

We have no idea what side the real Zechs is actually on.

Dorothy Catalonia ordered the hit on Relena for an unclear reason.

And much, MUCH more. Honestly, just skim through the whole of this thread and you'll get a pretty good idea.
Regarding Quatrine's ACE SKILLS, i recently recalled from the manga sidestories of Gundam Wing, that sometime before Operation M began, Quatre was a cliche spoiled rich boy, who was kinda bored of living (he thought he was a test tube child, and despised that fact)...there, he met the Maguanacs and Instructor H during an incident, in which he changed his outlook on life, and he piloted a Mobile Suit for the first time, being labeled a "natural"... he was probably 13 or 14 years old... so it doesn't sound too far-fetched that his "spare"/sister is talented enough to pilot a Mobile Suit (or Mars Suit), at the age of eleven

about the tallgesse... almost every mobile suit is derived from it (the Leo is directly derived from it)
Javiersansano is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
frozen teardrop, glory of the losers, gundam wing